Project Break This Team - Taking a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
After lots of considerarion, myself and slowbroth.

Cro muk and cm clefairy both set up with minimal support, and the partners we chose have good general synergy with our respective win cons on top breaking the team.

I heavily considered voting for PTF; tbh I'd vote for him too of I could, but too bad. Mime is frail and will have a little trouble getting in play as a result. Furthermore, it is able to be played around easier than muk or clef imo. Mime does set up much faster, and is therefor harder to stop once boosted. Mime 5-0s the team with trick and klang being the only issues, just like cromuk does (though rotom is not a threat for muk). But I simply don't think it is better than clefairy in application, given the only real hope vs the clef and cromuk cores are crits, where with mr. Mime it lies in prediction. I'd rather it be a chance of crit than a tactical 50/50 against this team.

Reactions: PTF

PTF

girl
is a Tiering Contributor
After lots of considerarion, myself and slowbroth.

Cro muk and cm clefairy both set up with minimal support, and the partners we chose have good general synergy with our respective win cons on top breaking the team.

I heavily considered voting for PTF; tbh I'd vote for him too of I could, but too bad. Mime is frail and will have a little trouble getting in play as a result. Furthermore, it is able to be played around easier than muk or clef imo. Mime does set up much faster, and is therefor harder to stop once boosted. Mime 5-0s the team with trick and klang being the only issues, just like cromuk does (though rotom is not a threat for muk). But I simply don't think it is better than clefairy in application, given the only real hope vs the clef and cromuk cores are crits, where with mr. Mime it lies in prediction. I'd rather it be a chance of crit than a tactical 50/50 against this team.
Thanks for participating and your core of CroMuk + Probo is great but you can't vote for yourself n_n. Check the OP.

PTF

girl
is a Tiering Contributor
Congratulations to our weeks winners - PTF and Slowbroth.
Our first tie with a total of 7 points each!

PTF
Our first winning core features Mr Mime and Probopass. The core exploits Mr Mime's ability to 2HKO every mon on the team without even setting up bar Stunfisk. With the Nasty Plot boost, it just sweeps without mercy. Probopass secures the sweep by providing extra reassurance and dealing with the mons that can potentially stop Mime's sweep - Klang and Rotom-F.

+

Read the core entry here

Slowbroth
Our second winning core features Calm Mind Clefairy and Camerupt. Like Mr Mime, Clefairy can set up and win 1v1 against most of the team including Gourgeist, Stunfisk, non SD Monferno and Lumineon. Camerupt secures the win by dealing with Rotom and Klang which effectively stop Clefairy.

+

Read the core entry here

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Round 12

This weeks team to break is the newest sample team made by Anty.

Muk + Trapper

The team is incredibly standard for supporting a Curse Muk sweep. Probopass can trap most Steel-types that completely wall Muk, which serves as the team's main wincon since it can beat just about anything else after a few curses. Leafeon provides some wallbreaking while also checking Golem and other Ground-types with Synthesis to stay healthy for longer games, and Scarf Mime revenge kills threats like Monferno and NP Chatot. The team is supported by a Clefairy/Vullaby backbone, which can be incredibly difficult to break through with Muk support.

Muk @ Black Sludge
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Def / 244 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Poison Jab

Probopass @ Air Balloon
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Taunt
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Volt Switch

Leafeon @ Yache Berry
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Synthesis

Vullaby (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Foul Play
- U-turn

Clefairy @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave

Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Healing Wish

Tip - If you want to be happy, make yourself a sandwich of Vegemite and have a Tim Tam Slam.

Last edited:

Was something I was experimenting for a little bit as I got back into battling for the last few times in ORAS. Because of Muk + Probopass being so dominant in the current metagame, I decided to use Shed Shell Mawile + Trapinch. For Mawile being a great Muk answer, while also being somewhat of an answer to other Pokemon on the team such as Leafeon, Vullaby, and Clefairy. Shed Shell allows me to lure Probopass and Knock Off their Air Balloon immediately to be able to switch out to Trapinch and trap it instead. Quick Attack is an option on Trapinch for the priority and if you use the Probopass switch in turn to be able to get Stealth Rock up. Quick Attack allows you to pop the Air Balloon and allow Trapinch to be able to hit Probopass. The two Pokemon could use some good cleric support from Pokemon such as Audino, but I didn't include Audino because the core that really does it big against the team is within these two Pokemon.

tl(not really long at all);dr

• Shed Shell Mawile lures Probopass and traps with Trapinch.
  • Mawile decent answer to Muk, along with other Pokemon on the team such as Leafeon, Vullaby, Clefairy
  • Trapinch can 1v1 Mr. Mime and Probopass
turn the trapinches (Trapinch) @ Eviolite
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk
- Rest
- Toxic / Quick Attack

stoutland switchin (Mawile) @ Shed Shell
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Play Rough
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Toxic

+

Ah ez pz lemon squeeze. This is actually a very simple to Crack team because of 1 mon. Lord Klang of House Magnet Rise. Magnet rise Klang is incredible rn because not only does it oblirirate Muk teams but it does really well vs other teams because no one is prepared for it. Magnet Rise Klang essentially can 1v1 5 members of the team. Therefore is incredibly easy to sweep the team by getting 2 shift gears up(which has no problem obtaining vs like half the team). So is really a matter of weakning or getting rid of vullaby and that's where LO Beheemy comes in. It can also essentially beat 4 members on its own if need be. So there is that. Use klang and never lose to cromuk ever again.

Beheeyem @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Psychic
- Recover

Lmao CroMuk @ Eviolite
Ability: Clear Body
Shiny: Yes
Happiness: 0
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Magnet Rise
- Gear Grind
- Shift Gear
- Frustration

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
reserving metang and articuno

Metang @ Eviolite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 208 HP / 228 Atk / 72 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Magnet Rise
- Pursuit

Articuno @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Roost
- Hurricane
- Ice Beam

Go steel-types! Anyways, pancake's Metang set along with sub/roost Articuno puts in great work against this team. Metang alone can deal with the majority of the team (Muk, Probopass, Clefairy and Mr. Mime) due to it's excellent typing and access to Magnet Rise. Meteor Mash punches holes into the the team while Pursuit can be used to damage Mr. Mime when it tries to switch out. 72 Spe EVs are given to Metang so it can outspeed Probopass and set up Magnet Rise before an Earth Power. Since Metang cannot switch into Leafeon or Vullaby reliably due to the threat of Knock Off or Foul Play, Articuno was selected as the switch-in/counter to these 2 mons. Articuno does not mind having its item knocked off and it can retaliate with strong Hurricanes and Ice Beams. Since the team lacks a water-type, Freeze Dry will not be needed.

tl;dr
-Metang can deal with Probopass, Muk, Mr. Mime and Clefairy
-Magnet Rise lets Metang wall Probopass (outspeeds with the 72 Spe EVs)
-Articuno comes in and cleans up Leafeon and Vullaby with Hurricane or Ice Beam

Last edited:

PTF

girl
is a Tiering Contributor
It's that time again. We have three very thoughtful posts and interesting cores to break the team.

The first is Terrakion's Mawile + Trapinch. Read more here.

+

The second is Machoker's Klang + Beheeyem. Read more here.

+

The third and last is Twerkerella's Metang + Articuno. Read more here.

+

One vote each. May the best core win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)