EVs: 124 Def / 132 SpA / 252 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
Timid Nature
- Fiery Dance
- Sludge Wave
- Substitute
- Energy Ball / Psychic

[SET COMMENTS]
Iron Moth is a good sweeper primarily seen on hyper offense and offense teams thanks to Booster Energy bolstering its Speed and giving it the immediate ability to outspeed Choice Scarf users like Hydreigon and Sandy Shocks. It also has high Special Attack and access to a threatening movepool. Fiery Dance serves as a spammable Fire-type STAB move that has the power to 2HKO bulky foes like Celesteela, defensive Iron Treads, and Amoonguss, and its ability to boost Iron Moth's Special Attack can let it sweep late-game. Sludge Wave helps break through Fire-resistant and Fairy-type Pokemon like Hydreigon, Volcanion, Tapu Fini, and Clefable, and it can help get KOs on neutral targets that Fiery Dance cannot. Substitute lets Iron Moth make use of switches it forces against foes like Celesteela and Buzzwole and take advantage of some defensive Pokemon like Tangrowth lacking Earthquake and Amoonguss. Energy Ball hits Ground-types like Gastrodon, Ting-Lu, and Hippowdon, as well as providing a way to chip Mega Tyranitar. Psychic is an alternative that helps deal with Iron Hands, Mega Venusaur, and opposing Iron Moth. This given EV spread maximizes Special Attack while ensuring that Booster Energy will boost Speed, while the rest is put into Defense to augment its physical bulk and to help against priority moves. Entry hazard setters, notably suicide leads like Excadrill also pair nicely with Iron Moth, being able to chip down targets like Mega Tyranitar and Ting-Lu. Due to Iron Moth's Stealth Rock weakness that can give it a harder time sweeping, hazard removers like Tapu Fini, Excadrill, and Iron Treads make good teammates. Iron Moth primarily struggles to break through its checks like Chansey, Blissey, and Skeledirge, making fellow physically offensive Pokemon like Ceruledge and Meowscarda good teammates.

[CREDITS]
Written by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/yoko.617542/
Quality checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/nimzowitsch.272785/
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/gangsta-spongebob.535530/
Grammar checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/autumn.384270/

Last edited by a moderator:
Add Remove Comment
Trial QC so implement what you want
[SET]
Booster Energy (Iron Moth) @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Timid Nature
- Fiery Dance
- Sludge Wave
- Substitute / Psychic
- Energy Ball / Psychic Imo I think Energy Ball is kind of mandatory on Moth (or at least more important than Sub) to chunk Mtar and Ting-Lu as they come in. I would also reorder this so that the 3rd move is energy ball and the 4th is psychic/sub.

[SET COMMENTS]
Booster Energy Iron Moth is a good sweeper, with the ablilty to sweep many teams on its own thanks to its high Speed, being able to outspeed Choice Scarf users like Hydreigon and Sandy Shocks, as well as Mega Aerodactyl, high Special Attack, and a threatening movepool. Fiery Dance OHKOs most of the tier's plethora of Grass- and Steel-types, 2HKOing Celesteela, defensive Iron Treads, and Amoonguss, and its ability to boost Iron Moth's Special Attack can let it sweep late-game. Sludge Wave helps break through Fire-resistant and Fairy-type Pokemon like Hydreigon, Tapu Fini, and Clefable, and also 2HKOes Volcanion and Assault Vest Tangrowth. Substitute lets Iron Moth come in on avoid status and set up against defensive Pokemon like Tangrowth, and Amoonguss., and Chansey, to potentially be able to set up. You're not breaking through Chansey without a huge number of SpA boosts, and Chansey almost always has seismic toss to break the sub. I think Moth loses the 1v1 more often than not. Energy ball helps deal against Ground-types like Gastrodon and Hippowdon, as well as providing a way to chip Mega Tyranitar. Again, I would rearrange this so that Energy ball is the 3rd move. Without it you can't touch Mtar or Ting-lu at all. Psychic is a alternative that helps deal with Iron Hands, Mega Venusaur, and opposing Iron Moth. This given EV spread ensures that Booster Energy will boost Speed, while the rest is put into Defense to minimize its physical frailty. I would mention hazard support being important to chip down threats like Mtar and Ting-lu over the course of a game, as they don't have recovery. Some good setters include Iron Treads, Ting-Lu, and Meowscarada. Offensive pivots such as Galarian Zapdos, Meowscarada, and Sandy Shocks can be good partners for Iron Moth, as they can pivot into it to help deal with their checks like Buzzwole, Hippowdon, and Mega Venusaur. I'm not sure I would word it like this, since obviously you can't switch into Hippo's EQ, and if it slacks off on the switch then it's usually going to be out of energy ball range. MVenus often has Earth Power, and Buzzwole might run EQ from time to time. I think you probably meant more like they can U-turn/volt switch against these checks into Moth to give it a free entry, so mention these moves specifically (e.g. "can use volt switch or u-turn against checks like..."). Due to Iron Moth's hazard weakness it can be quickly worn down, so hazard removers like Tapu Fini, Excadrill, and Iron Treads, make nice teammates. Iron Moth's physical frailty can make it appreciate having good physically defensive teammates like Skarmory, Rocky Helmet Tangrowth, and Clefable, which can switch-in to take hits from foes like like Galarian Zapdos, Meowscarada, and Iron Hands. Maybe also give a mention to wallbreakers that can weaken special walls such as Mtar and Ting-lu, such as Latios.

[CREDITS] (ill add these later)
Written by:
user link here Remember to put your user link here
Quality checked by:
user link 2 here
Grammar checked by:
user link here

Mod Edit: Reverting to AM, was confused as such without any official approval. But implement whatever is preferable from here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gangsta Spongebob

"Mama I'm a Criminal" - Badass Smoking Caterpillar
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Trial QC approved by Arishem, be sure to credit both me and nimzowitsch

After you implement this I'll take one more look before stamping

[SET] Add Remove Comment
Booster Energy: Speed (Iron Moth) @ Booster Energy There is another Booster Energy set that boosts Special Attack
Timid Nature
- Fiery Dance
- Sludge Wave
- Substitute
- Energy Ball / Psychic

[SET COMMENTS]
With Booster Energy boosting its Speed, Added to differentiate it from the other Booster Energy set Iron Moth is a good sweeper, with the ablilty to sweep many teams on its own thanks to its high Speed, being able to immediate ability to outspeed Choice Scarf users like Hydreigon and Sandy Shocks, (Remove comma) as well as Mega Aerodactyl with Booster Energy, in combination with its high Special Attack, (Remove comma) and an good movepool. The changes that aren't related to Booster Energy are more GP-related and thus optional, but I found this sentence a bit hard to follow while trying to specify what Booster Energy did. Fiery Dance OHKOs Serperior and defensive Skarmory, as well as being able You don't need to clarify this against foes that will assuredly be OHKOed, also technically it can't OHKO Skarm due to Sturdy serves as a spammable Fire-type STAB move that has the power Firey Dance's spammability is a big point in its favor to 2HKO bulky foes like Celesteela, defensive Iron Treads, and Amoonguss, and its ability to boost Iron Moth's Special Attack can let it sweep late-game. Sludge Wave helps break through Fire-resistant and Fairy-type Pokemon like Hydreigon, Volcanion, Tapu Fini, and Clefable, and also being able to 2HKO Volcanion and Assault Vest Tangrowth. Volcanion falls under the umbrella of Fire-resistant Pokemon, and typically you'd use Firey Dance vs Tang, because even though it's a range you have a high likelihood to get a boost and 2HKO anyways. Also, if it has EQ you just lose, and if it's not it can't really threaten you back. Also, mention Sludge Wave's higher power sometimes letting it get KOes on neutral targets that Firey Dance fails to land. Substitute lets Iron Moth come in on make use of switches it forces against foes like Celesteela and Buzzwole and take advantage of some defensive Pokemon like Tangrowth lacking Earthquake, (Remove comma) and Amoonguss, and Chansey, to potentially be able to sweep. Firstly, making use of switches it forces is a big deal for Substitute. Secondly, Substitute doesn't really protect against Chansey damage-wise as it can just spam Seismic Toss. Thirdly, be sure to mention it blocking status moves like Thunder Wave and Leech Seed. If that was your intention with adding Tangrowth, Amoonguss, and Chansey, you need to specify it. Energy ball helps deal against hits Ground-types like Gastrodon, Ting-Lu, and Hippowdon, as well as providing a way to hit Mega Tyranitar. Psychic is a an alternative that helps deal with Iron Hands, Mega Venusaur, and opposing Iron Moth. This given EV spread ensures maximizes Special Attack while ensuring that Booster Energy will boost Speed, while the rest is put into Defense to maximize augment its physical bulk. Mention the ways the Defense helps, such as against priority users Offensive pivots such as Galarian Zapdos, Meowscarada, and Sandy Shocks can be good partners for Iron Moth, as they can pivot into it to help deal with their checks like Buzzwole, Hippowdon, and Mega Venusaur. Booster Energy is pretty much exclusively used on HO, you generally aren't using pivots with it. Mentioning Pokemon Iron Moth can take out or start farming Firey Dance Boosts on are great, but Hippowdon is NOT something it can reliably do this against. Due to Iron Moth's hazard Stealth Rock weakness it can be quickly worn down, so hazard removers like Tapu Fini, Excadrill, and Iron Treads, make nice teammates. Iron Moth isn't exactly going to be "worn down" often given its nature as an all-or-nothing sweeper. Instead, state that it has a harder time sweeping when it loses 25% of its health, so hazard removers like... can help Iron Moth's physical frailty can make it appreciate having good physically defensive teammates like Skarmory, Rocky Helmet Tangrowth, and Clefable. Like I said, Iron Moth isn't going be switching in and out frequently, but rather come in once late-game to sweep. This it shouldn't generally be "forced out" by physical attackers and rely on physically defensive teammates to switch into them.

You need to emphasize that Iron Moth will primarily be seen on offense, notably hyper offense teams. Talk about teammates that can break through its checks like Chansey/Blissey and Skeledirge. Fellow HO mons like Ceruledge is great for this. Also give examples of suicide leads like Excadrill.

[CREDITS]
Written by:
Quality checked by:
Grammar checked by:

Trial QC approved by Arishem, be sure to credit both me and nimzowitsch

After you implement this I'll take one more look before stamping

[SET] Add Remove Comment
Booster Energy: Speed (Iron Moth) @ Booster Energy There is another Booster Energy set that boosts Special Attack
Timid Nature
- Fiery Dance
- Sludge Wave
- Substitute
- Energy Ball / Psychic

[SET COMMENTS]
With Booster Energy boosting its Speed, Added to differentiate it from the other Booster Energy set Iron Moth is a good sweeper, with the ablilty to sweep many teams on its own thanks to its high Speed, being able to immediate ability to outspeed Choice Scarf users like Hydreigon and Sandy Shocks, (Remove comma) as well as Mega Aerodactyl with Booster Energy, in combination with its high Special Attack, (Remove comma) and an good movepool. The changes that aren't related to Booster Energy are more GP-related and thus optional, but I found this sentence a bit hard to follow while trying to specify what Booster Energy did. Fiery Dance OHKOs Serperior and defensive Skarmory, as well as being able You don't need to clarify this against foes that will assuredly be OHKOed, also technically it can't OHKO Skarm due to Sturdy serves as a spammable Fire-type STAB move that has the power Firey Dance's spammability is a big point in its favor to 2HKO bulky foes like Celesteela, defensive Iron Treads, and Amoonguss, and its ability to boost Iron Moth's Special Attack can let it sweep late-game. Sludge Wave helps break through Fire-resistant and Fairy-type Pokemon like Hydreigon, Volcanion, Tapu Fini, and Clefable, and also being able to 2HKO Volcanion and Assault Vest Tangrowth. Volcanion falls under the umbrella of Fire-resistant Pokemon, and typically you'd use Firey Dance vs Tang, because even though it's a range you have a high likelihood to get a boost and 2HKO anyways. Also, if it has EQ you just lose, and if it's not it can't really threaten you back. Also, mention Sludge Wave's higher power sometimes letting it get KOes on neutral targets that Firey Dance fails to land. Substitute lets Iron Moth come in on make use of switches it forces against foes like Celesteela and Buzzwole and take advantage of some defensive Pokemon like Tangrowth lacking Earthquake, (Remove comma) and Amoonguss, and Chansey, to potentially be able to sweep. Firstly, making use of switches it forces is a big deal for Substitute. Secondly, Substitute doesn't really protect against Chansey damage-wise as it can just spam Seismic Toss. Thirdly, be sure to mention it blocking status moves like Thunder Wave and Leech Seed. If that was your intention with adding Tangrowth, Amoonguss, and Chansey, you need to specify it. Energy ball helps deal against hits Ground-types like Gastrodon, Ting-Lu, and Hippowdon, as well as providing a way to hit Mega Tyranitar. Psychic is a an alternative that helps deal with Iron Hands, Mega Venusaur, and opposing Iron Moth. This given EV spread ensures maximizes Special Attack while ensuring that Booster Energy will boost Speed, while the rest is put into Defense to maximize augment its physical bulk. Mention the ways the Defense helps, such as against priority users Offensive pivots such as Galarian Zapdos, Meowscarada, and Sandy Shocks can be good partners for Iron Moth, as they can pivot into it to help deal with their checks like Buzzwole, Hippowdon, and Mega Venusaur. Booster Energy is pretty much exclusively used on HO, you generally aren't using pivots with it. Mentioning Pokemon Iron Moth can take out or start farming Firey Dance Boosts on are great, but Hippowdon is NOT something it can reliably do this against. Due to Iron Moth's hazard Stealth Rock weakness it can be quickly worn down, so hazard removers like Tapu Fini, Excadrill, and Iron Treads, make nice teammates. Iron Moth isn't exactly going to be "worn down" often given its nature as an all-or-nothing sweeper. Instead, state that it has a harder time sweeping when it loses 25% of its health, so hazard removers like... can help Iron Moth's physical frailty can make it appreciate having good physically defensive teammates like Skarmory, Rocky Helmet Tangrowth, and Clefable. Like I said, Iron Moth isn't going be switching in and out frequently, but rather come in once late-game to sweep. This it shouldn't generally be "forced out" by physical attackers and rely on physically defensive teammates to switch into them.

You need to emphasize that Iron Moth will primarily be seen on offense, notably hyper offense teams. Talk about teammates that can break through its checks like Chansey/Blissey and Skeledirge. Fellow HO mons like Ceruledge is great for this. Also give examples of suicide leads like Excadrill.

[CREDITS]
Written by:
Quality checked by:
Grammar checked by:
Add Remove Comment
Trial QC so implement what you want
[SET]
Booster Energy (Iron Moth) @ Booster Energy
Timid Nature
- Fiery Dance
- Sludge Wave
- Substitute / Psychic
- Energy Ball / Psychic Imo I think Energy Ball is kind of mandatory on Moth (or at least more important than Sub) to chunk Mtar and Ting-Lu as they come in. I would also reorder this so that the 3rd move is energy ball and the 4th is psychic/sub.

[SET COMMENTS]
Booster Energy Iron Moth is a good sweeper, with the ablilty to sweep many teams on its own thanks to its high Speed, being able to outspeed Choice Scarf users like Hydreigon and Sandy Shocks, as well as Mega Aerodactyl, high Special Attack, and a threatening movepool. Fiery Dance OHKOs most of the tier's plethora of Grass- and Steel-types, 2HKOing Celesteela, defensive Iron Treads, and Amoonguss, and its ability to boost Iron Moth's Special Attack can let it sweep late-game. Sludge Wave helps break through Fire-resistant and Fairy-type Pokemon like Hydreigon, Tapu Fini, and Clefable, and also 2HKOes Volcanion and Assault Vest Tangrowth. Substitute lets Iron Moth come in on avoid status and set up against defensive Pokemon like Tangrowth, and Amoonguss., and Chansey, to potentially be able to set up. You're not breaking through Chansey without a huge number of SpA boosts, and Chansey almost always has seismic toss to break the sub. I think Moth loses the 1v1 more often than not. Energy ball helps deal against Ground-types like Gastrodon and Hippowdon, as well as providing a way to chip Mega Tyranitar. Again, I would rearrange this so that Energy ball is the 3rd move. Without it you can't touch Mtar or Ting-lu at all. Psychic is a alternative that helps deal with Iron Hands, Mega Venusaur, and opposing Iron Moth. This given EV spread ensures that Booster Energy will boost Speed, while the rest is put into Defense to minimize its physical frailty. I would mention hazard support being important to chip down threats like Mtar and Ting-lu over the course of a game, as they don't have recovery. Some good setters include Iron Treads, Ting-Lu, and Meowscarada. Offensive pivots such as Galarian Zapdos, Meowscarada, and Sandy Shocks can be good partners for Iron Moth, as they can pivot into it to help deal with their checks like Buzzwole, Hippowdon, and Mega Venusaur. I'm not sure I would word it like this, since obviously you can't switch into Hippo's EQ, and if it slacks off on the switch then it's usually going to be out of energy ball range. MVenus often has Earth Power, and Buzzwole might run EQ from time to time. I think you probably meant more like they can U-turn/volt switch against these checks into Moth to give it a free entry, so mention these moves specifically (e.g. "can use volt switch or u-turn against checks like..."). Due to Iron Moth's hazard weakness it can be quickly worn down, so hazard removers like Tapu Fini, Excadrill, and Iron Treads, make nice teammates. Iron Moth's physical frailty can make it appreciate having good physically defensive teammates like Skarmory, Rocky Helmet Tangrowth, and Clefable, which can switch-in to take hits from foes like like Galarian Zapdos, Meowscarada, and Iron Hands. Maybe also give a mention to wallbreakers that can weaken special walls such as Mtar and Ting-lu, such as Latios.

Written by:
user link here Remember to put your user link here
Quality checked by:
user link 2 here
Grammar checked by:
user link here

Mod Edit: Reverting to AM, was confused as such without any official approval. But implement whatever is preferable from here.
implemented changes from both tysm and moved energy ball to 3rd slot as i do think it is more valuable than either substitude or psychic

Gangsta Spongebob

"Mama I'm a Criminal" - Badass Smoking Caterpillar
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Substitute is probably the preferred option. Mention specific things the Defense investment helps against (notably priority) and combine the sentences about hazard setters and suicide leads (something like "entry hazard setters, notably suicide leads like...") and this looks good to go for GP.

autumn

only i will remain
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
C&C Leader
1/1 GP Team done
[SET]
Booster Energy: Speed (Iron Moth) @ Booster Energy
Timid Nature
- Fiery Dance
- Sludge Wave
- Substitute
- Energy Ball / Psychic

[SET COMMENTS]
With Booster Energy bolstering its Speed, Iron Moth is a good sweeper primarily seen on hyper offense and offense teams thanks to its immediate ability to outspeed Choice Scarf users like Hydreigon and Sandy Shocks, in combination with its high Special Attack, and threatening movepool. Iron Moth is a good sweeper primarily seen on hyper offense and offense teams thanks to Booster Energy bolstering its Speed and giving it the immediate ability to outspeed Choice Scarf users like Hydreigon and Sandy Shocks. It also has high Special Attack and access to a threatening movepool. Fiery Dance serves as a spammable Fire-type STAB move that has the power to 2HKO bulky foes like Celesteela, defensive Iron Treads, and Amoonguss, and its ability to boost Iron Moth's Special Attack can let it sweep late-game. Sludge Wave helps break through Fire-resistant and Fairy-type Pokemon like Hydreigon, Volcanion, Tapu Fini, and Clefable, and it can serve to help get KOes KOs on neutral targets that Fiery Dance cannot. Energy ball Ball hits Ground-types like Gastrodon, Ting-Lu, (AC) and Hippowdon, as well as providing a way to chip Mega Tyranitar. Substitute lets Iron Moth make use of switches it forces against foes like Celesteela and Buzzwole (RC) and take advantage of some defensive Pokemon like Tangrowth lacking Earthquake and Amoonguss. Psychic is an alternative that helps deal with Iron Hands, Mega Venusaur, and opposing Iron Moth. This given EV spread maximizes Special Attack while ensuring that Booster Energy will boost Speed, while and the rest is put into Defense to augment its physical bulk and to help against pirority priority moves. Entry hazard setters, notably suicide leads like Excadrill, (AC) also pair nicely with Iron Moth, being able to chip down targets like Mega Tyranitar and Ting-lu Ting-Lu, as well as setting up hazards to help wear down the opposing team for it. (you've basically already said this) Due to Iron Moth's Stealth Rock weakness which that can give it a harder time sweeping, hazard removers like Tapu Fini, Excadrill, and Iron Treads (RC) make nice good teammates. Iron Moth primarily struggles to break through its checks like Chansey, Blissey, and Skeledrige Skeledirge, making fellow (would recommend being clearer, like 'physically offensive' to break the spdef walls?) offensive Pokemon like Ceruledge and Meowscarda good teammates.

Written by:
Quality checked by:
Grammar checked by:
user link here

1/1 GP Team done
[SET]
Booster Energy: Speed (Iron Moth) @ Booster Energy
Timid Nature
- Fiery Dance
- Sludge Wave
- Substitute
- Energy Ball / Psychic

[SET COMMENTS]
With Booster Energy bolstering its Speed, Iron Moth is a good sweeper primarily seen on hyper offense and offense teams thanks to its immediate ability to outspeed Choice Scarf users like Hydreigon and Sandy Shocks, in combination with its high Special Attack, and threatening movepool. Iron Moth is a good sweeper primarily seen on hyper offense and offense teams thanks to Booster Energy bolstering its Speed and giving it the immediate ability to outspeed Choice Scarf users like Hydreigon and Sandy Shocks. It also has high Special Attack and access to a threatening movepool. Fiery Dance serves as a spammable Fire-type STAB move that has the power to 2HKO bulky foes like Celesteela, defensive Iron Treads, and Amoonguss, and its ability to boost Iron Moth's Special Attack can let it sweep late-game. Sludge Wave helps break through Fire-resistant and Fairy-type Pokemon like Hydreigon, Volcanion, Tapu Fini, and Clefable, and it can serve to help get KOes KOs on neutral targets that Fiery Dance cannot. Energy ball Ball hits Ground-types like Gastrodon, Ting-Lu, (AC) and Hippowdon, as well as providing a way to chip Mega Tyranitar. Substitute lets Iron Moth make use of switches it forces against foes like Celesteela and Buzzwole (RC) and take advantage of some defensive Pokemon like Tangrowth lacking Earthquake and Amoonguss. Psychic is an alternative that helps deal with Iron Hands, Mega Venusaur, and opposing Iron Moth. This given EV spread maximizes Special Attack while ensuring that Booster Energy will boost Speed, while and the rest is put into Defense to augment its physical bulk and to help against pirority priority moves. Entry hazard setters, notably suicide leads like Excadrill, (AC) also pair nicely with Iron Moth, being able to chip down targets like Mega Tyranitar and Ting-lu Ting-Lu, as well as setting up hazards to help wear down the opposing team for it. (you've basically already said this) Due to Iron Moth's Stealth Rock weakness which that can give it a harder time sweeping, hazard removers like Tapu Fini, Excadrill, and Iron Treads (RC) make nice good teammates. Iron Moth primarily struggles to break through its checks like Chansey, Blissey, and Skeledrige Skeledirge, making fellow (would recommend being clearer, like 'physically offensive' to break the spdef walls?) offensive Pokemon like Ceruledge and Meowscarda good teammates.

Written by:
Quality checked by:
Grammar checked by:
user link here
tysm implemented ready for upload!:DD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)