Half dead, half boy.

anundeadboy

Half dead, half boy.
is an Artist Alumnus

Half dead, half boy, playing with his toy
Half pen, half tool, toying like a fool
Half copy, half dull, it may be awful and uncool
Half empty or half full, definitely heartful.

HELLO!
I've found here at Smogon
a way to practice on my free time
while giving the forum some colors.

All illustrations are
fanfic and experimental.

Hope you enjoy!

PS: I'm trying to find a better
way to index everything.

Tyranitar sent to court.
(VICTIM OF THE WEEK 3.0)

Professor Oak's Wisdom
(BATTLING TIP OF THE WEEK)

FFAT2 meets Pokémon!
(THE FFAT2 LAW BATTLE TOURNAMENT)

ALMIGHTY Magikarp Salesman!1!!
(SILLY THING YOU'VE SEEN ON THE OU LADDER)

Aegislash Shifting Gears
(XY OU VIABILITY RANKING)

Whimsicott s2
(DON'T USE THAT, USE THIS)

THANK YOU FOR WATCHING!

"We've restored your Pokémon to full health."

Last edited:

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Good of you to make a thread! I've seen some of your work here and there, but it's nice to see them all gathered in one place. My favorites oughta be Victim of the Week and OU Viability rankings, it's great to see artists design something that perfectly illustrates the purpose of a project or task. As for stuff that could be improved, the openings in Tyranitar's could be black, and the 'this' in "Don't use that, use this" could also be colored to emphasize it further, like perhaps blue. I suppose you could explore the use of shades and highlights some more, but given how we've only seen logos thus far, solid colors can fill their roles jusy fine.

But as far as logos and banners go, you absolutely nail them each and every time, so we're certainly blessed by your presence. Hope to see more from you!

anundeadboy

Half dead, half boy.
is an Artist Alumnus
Good of you to make a thread! I've seen some of your work here and there, but it's nice to see them all gathered in one place. My favorites oughta be Victim of the Week and OU Viability rankings, it's great to see artists design something that perfectly illustrates the purpose of a project or task. As for stuff that could be improved, the openings in Tyranitar's could be black, and the 'this' in "Don't use that, use this" could also be colored to emphasize it further, like perhaps blue. I suppose you could explore the use of shades and highlights some more, but given how we've only seen logos thus far, solid colors can fill their roles jusy fine.

But as far as logos and banners go, you absolutely nail them each and every time, so we're certainly blessed by your presence. Hope to see more from you!
Thank you, sir! Those were some nice tips, will definitely keep them in mind on the next pieces.

There are a lot of art that really stands out and you immediately recognize the signature of the artist.
That is me trying to say how flattered I am since your welcome post, hahahaha!

Regime

the party is December 18th
is an Artist Alumnus
Your art/logos or whatever you consider them yourself, are absolutely fantastic! In the OP, the simple but smartass logos really make the viewers understand what is trying to be conveyed, and give them a quick chuckle as well. As for the projects, you seem to lay out all the necessary components for the viewer to understand what you want them to see. The bright and vivid centerpiece can be seen as the most eye attracting, no doubt about that, but the side "comments" really pull everything together! I hope to see a lot more art from you!

Also, what interface do you use? Do you sketch out on paper first then copy over etc.? Any tips for your mastered line art? Thanks!

anundeadboy

Half dead, half boy.
is an Artist Alumnus
Your art/logos or whatever you consider them yourself, are absolutely fantastic! In the OP, the simple but smartass logos really make the viewers understand what is trying to be conveyed, and give them a quick chuckle as well. As for the projects, you seem to lay out all the necessary components for the viewer to understand what you want them to see. The bright and vivid centerpiece can be seen as the most eye attracting, no doubt about that, but the side "comments" really pull everything together! I hope to see a lot more art from you!

Also, what interface do you use? Do you sketch out on paper first then copy over etc.? Any tips for your mastered line art? Thanks!
Wow, thank you, sir! I always have difficult at drawing so i decided to practice here by doing some random stuff. So, yes, i do sketches but i feel very lucky that we have great digital tools nowadays that help me fix my traces. The process starts on paper, then i put it on Illustrator, that is where i feel more comfortable and i can explore the most of vectors. The final touches are made on Photoshop.

I'm not sure what tips i can give you, what i usually do is watch my favourites artist and their awesome drawing skills. I guess i kinda felt i had to find a way to improve the vector part of my work and found out a style that i really enjoy. Don't know if that exactly helps! Hahahaha!

Thanks again! :)

Your work truly is amazing, as someone who is trying to get involved in art for smogon and trying to improve my own art skills you are close to the perfect example to follow.

anundeadboy

Half dead, half boy.
is an Artist Alumnus
Your work truly is amazing, as someone who is trying to get involved in art for smogon and trying to improve my own art skills you are close to the perfect example to follow.
Thank you, sir! Looking forward to see some Gengar love around here!

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
This man is like a god

We all appreciate your work because they are all amazing.

Do you participate in real life competitions/professional artists?

anundeadboy

Half dead, half boy.
is an Artist Alumnus
This man is like a god

We all appreciate your work because they are all amazing.

Do you participate in real life competitions/professional artists?
Hahahaha, i ain't no god, but i'll take that as a huge huge compliment, thank you very much, sir!

I recently changed to the graphic design area but i don't usually place my work on competitions.
I've just been practicing and experimenting things a bit here at Smogon, it's hard to run from the pokémon passion! :o

Omg your art is FAB,RAD,(and other cool things i didnt say)! How does one human do that!?

OMG Do you do requests?

anundeadboy

Half dead, half boy.
is an Artist Alumnus
SORRY!!1!
(I don't do too well with apologies)

This is a long time project called "What if [#POKÉMON] was a brand".
I never really got the chance to put a lot of work on it, but right now, it would be a Koffing Jam.
To all the people that "jammed" with me on Smogon; all the people that I couldn't jam with and all the jams ahead, I've made this special recipe.​

A special thanks for those who kindly left me a message fleurdyleurse, Sapphire., The Avalanches, Arhops, Aragorn the King, Regime, Eminegg, Paynes, Kingler12345, Yoda2798, wishes, Sparkl3y, Zracknel, and everyone that just came here to see what's going on.

I'm still trying to get back as soon as possible! Sorry and thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Daily Horoscope: You won't hear from him.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)