Blaziken (Analysis)

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I know this is through QC, but MixKen really needs to be

name: MixKen
move 1: Fire Blast
move 2: Hi Jump Kick
move 3: Hidden Power Ice
move 4: Protect / Stone Edge
item: Life Orb
ability: Speed Boost
nature: Rash / Naive
evs: 80 Atk / 200 SpA / 228 Spe

Outspeeds Deoxys-S after 2 boosts, puts HP Ice as the main slash, removes HP Electric. Ice is really needed for a surefire KO on Gliscor, Landorus, Dragons, etc. Protect is also necessary for revenge killing things such as Terakion, where you can only outspeed after you have a boost. Stone Edge is still cool for stuff like Gyarados, though. And mention HP Electric / Grass in AC for Slowbro.

Bloo

Banned deucer.
Bad Ass and I were talking on IRC and...

HP Ice should be the main slash over HP Electric on MixKen. Throughout my time playing Gen. 5, I haven't seen a single Blaziken run HP Electric. They all run HP Ice, and for good reason. Being able to hit Gliscor, Garchomp, Landorus, and various other Dragon-types for the KO is far more valuable than being able to hit the less common Slowbro on the switch IMO.

You can relegate HP Electric to AC and talk about its merits there. Also, make Protect the first slash over Stone Edge. Protect makes it that much easier to get off that Speed Boost that Blaziken needs to power through teams. It's also useful when the example Bad Ass pointed out occurs (revenge killing Terakion, etc.)

Suggested changes made. Once again, thanks for pointing them out out, Bad Ass and Bloo. I think I am right in considering this analysis to be "Finished."

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I apologize, and I hate being a flake for this, but I happened to scan the Blaziken analysis, and you should probably edit the analysis to fit the new Grammar-Prose standards (even though they were in effect after this was done). This should probably go for your other analyses too, Pokemaster (again, sorry for being a flake! I just happened to stumble here so >_<)

Blaziken Analysis said:
<p>Blaziken can also run either Hidden Power Electric or Hidden Power Grass instead of Hidden Power Ice to deal with bulky Water-types such as Quagsire, Jellicent and Slowbro. However, keep in mind that Slowbro and Quagsire is uncommon, and that in the absence of Hidden Power Ice, Pokemon like Gliscor, Landorus and Garchomp can pose problems for Blaziken.</p>
Also, as for Mixed Blaziken, Gliscor and Landuros most certainly does not wall Blaziken if Blaziken doesn't run Hidden Power Ice. A healthy Fire Blast should OHKO them. Garchomp is the only exception, and something like Latios and Dragonite should be good substitutes for "Gliscor, Landuros".

<p>Blaziken can also run either Hidden Power Electric or Hidden Power Grass instead of Hidden Power Ice to deal with bulky Water-types such as Quagsire, Jellicent and Slowbro. However, keep in mind that Slowbro and Quagsire is uncommon, and that in the absence of Hidden Power Ice, Pokemon like Gliscor, Landorus and Garchomp can pose problems for Blaziken.</p>
should be are

I think it might be worth checking into Hone Claws. Maybe run this:

Blaziken @ Life Orb/Focus Sash
Speed Boost, Adamant/Jolly Nature
EV's: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP

Moves:

Sky Uppercut
Blaze Kick
Stone Edge

The reason why I say this is because of after +1 accuracy, you can abuse Stone Edge without fear of missing, making Blaziken's sweep guaranteed, but costing it the extra +1 Swords Dance provides. This set makes Blaziken have a little bit more staying power, which may be crucial in some cases. Blaziken also enjoys not being destroyed by it's own recoil, meaning it's harder to kill by priority abusers, unless you opted for the Sash.

Thoughts?

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Well, since the QC approval is already done and only two sets were really approved, it would be best to post the set in the Blaziken thread in Dragonspiral Tower. Hone Claws has already been discussed in the Other Options, and the QC team only approved "Mixken" and "Swords Dance".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)