BL and UU tiers

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Just wondering what will happen about them. There is a lot of discussion (around half of which is rather badly-formulated) in its thread, with very little input from the powers-that-be. Is there a stance that will be taken on this issue, or are we just waiting to see what we'll do about them later?

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
At least Obi and I are of the opinion that nothing really can be decided until the UU metagame has been played, for months, with a comprehensive pokemon usage system in place for all pokemon. This has been my stance for months — there just is no way to accurately tier a lot of the more borderline pokemon until every is certain on not just what is too powerful for UU, but what actually belongs there in the first in the first place (what is really overused and what isn't) since it honestly does not matter whether a power-that-be sees less Abomasnow or more Milotic than popular opinion may have the community believe.

I wasn't sure an actual thread was going to accomplish anything , but chaos wanted to have a thread about it either way but this is one of the instances in which talk really is cheap. I don't know if "we" are waiting for Competitor or what, but there is no use in trying to pretend that a handful of knowledgeable pokemon minds can effectively shape all of the tiers of competitive pokemon.

Agreeing with Jumpman (and Obi) completely. At least letting people discuss things gives them some freedom and prevents other threads from being clogged. Occasionally someone with half a brain steps in and corrects mistakes (as I've done a few times myself) which makes people learn a bit about tier discussion as time goes on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)