Big City Mafia 2 - Three Districts - Night 3

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
(i used Big City way before Unclesam did smh)

Welcome citizens of The Big City. I am your new mayor, Paul Carveccio. After the recent conflict won by my party, the Red Rhinos, our city has seen a nice turn for the better. After lots of political reform, we have put The Mob away for good and have kicked many corrupt and unlawful supporters out of our party. Our city is united. Due to the new Three Districts reform, our citizens have learned how to cooperate and work within a political system that has checks and balances. But recently, there have been rumors of some unrest from within the Lavender Lions, who are trying to take back control of the city. But we’ve done a good job at reducing their support to just a small number. Now, we do need to remain lawful even if challenged, so here are the rules.

Game-specific rules:

1. Three Districts. This is the main rule which will govern how you play the game. This game has three districts, Townburg, Center City, and Village Villa. Every Evening phase, all players will select which district they want to reside in for the next cycle. Players may only communicate with each other if they are in the same district. Additionally, there will be No Public Posting, except for execution votes. An exception to this is during the game’s first phase, Evening 0. Lastly, all actions may only target someone in the same district as the user who sends it, unless otherwise stated.
  2. The game will have three phases, Day, Evening, and Night.
  3. During each Day phase, each district will elect a representative. These are private votes, but the winner of each election will be announced publicly. In the event of a tie election vote, the most recent vote sent to me will not count and the votes will be recounted, repeating this process until a winner can be declared. If a district is empty or otherwise nobody gets any votes, there will be no representative from that district. Days will last 48 hours.
  4. During the Evening phase, the three representatives will publicly vote to execute someone. If there are less than three representatives, there will be no execution. There is no hammer, the execution will only be resolved once the deadline is hit. In the event of a tie vote, nobody will be executed. During this phase, the representatives may talk privately amongst each other, as if they were all in the same district. Evenings will last 24 hours, with the exception of Evening 0, which will last 48 hours.
  5. Night phases are when all the actions occur. Same as a typical game. Nights will last 48 hours.
  6. No screenshotting game related information. No quoting Role PMs or results verbatim. Paraphrase. Follow all Circus-wide and Smogon-wide rules.

Game Information:

1. The Red Rhinos are the village. The Lavender Lions are the mafia. There may or may not be other factions. Flavor is basically reversed from the previous game, where this time the Red Rhinos are more lawful and the Lavender Lions are more underhanded.
  2. No role names from Big City Mafia 1 are used in this game.
  3. There are no recruiting roles, and results will be accurate. However, this game should be fairly chaotic, so be careful.
  4. Action priority system: Action speed is conditional, with a secret priority for breaking ties. For example, if Player A roleblocks player B, who redirects player C to player D, player B's action will fail due to the roleblock happening before the redirect, but if player A roleblocks player C and player B redirects player A to player D, player A will get redirected beforebeing able to roleblock their target. If conflicting roles target each other, the secret priority will break the tie.
  5. If you have any questions about the rules, feel free to ask.
Playerlist:

Alive (11):

a fairy
Alice Kazumi
askaninjask
Aura Guardian
bluedoom
Celever
genisu
HydrogenHydreigon
Jalmont
pulsar512b
Redless
sunny004

Dead (6):

Night Emerald - Red Rhinos - The Pollster - Killed Night 1
ImaginaryNeon - Red Rhinos - The Tourist - Voted out Evening 2
M2H - Lavender Lions - The Security Guard - Killed Night 2
celever - Red Rhinos - The Activist - Voted out Evening 3
saberlasher11 - Red Rhinos - The Escape Artist - Killed Night 3
Blazade - Red Rhinos - The Aging Celebrity - Voted out Evening 4

The discord server for this game, please join: https://discord.com/invite/CbX4YZ79EW

A couple clarifications about the game:

No player can target themself

You will only know which players are in your district. The players in each district will not be posted publicly.

It is now Evening 0. Evening 0 ends in 48 hours, on 4/7/2024 at 12:30 PM EDT (GMT -4). All Role PMs are out.

Note that Evening 0 is the only time in the game when everyone can talk to everyone. The only action to submit is to choose which district you will reside in for the first cycle of the game.

Last edited:

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
I’ve decided to lead the town because my role kinda makes sense to do that with

I’m also going to a party tonight so uh claim to me tomorrow or in approx the next half hour hf

I’ve decided to lead the town because my role kinda makes sense to do that with

I’m also going to a party tonight so uh claim to me tomorrow or in approx the next half hour hf
Would you like to provide any reason why I should claim to you at all?

Because I don't think there's any reason to trust you here

I've been scammed, the header says OC but this is a NOC playerlist lol.

I'd put it at 5 to 1 that Celever is trying to mole here. Stepping up as quickly as possible with no basis or proof is a classic sign, and I'll bet he took a look at the playerlist that gave him 4x commuter and thought they'd fork over all the info if he came forward.

Coordinating everyone at this point is impossible. We will all be broken up. We will likely have to organize within each district and use our best judgement.

Anyone who would like to hang out with me (because I am a cool dude), or avoid me (because I am not a cool dude) can meet me in Center City.

I would once again discourage all claiming on N0 when no one has proof or productive results. I would also suggest that the other vocal and organized people go to different towns so every location has some decent representation.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
I've been scammed, the header says OC but this is a NOC playerlist lol.

I'd put it at 5 to 1 that Celever is trying to mole here. Stepping up as quickly as possible with no basis or proof is a classic sign, and I'll bet he took a look at the playerlist that gave him 4x commuter and thought they'd fork over all the info if he came forward.

Coordinating everyone at this point is impossible. We will all be broken up. We will likely have to organize within each district and use our best judgement.
I was waiting for my train and wanted to have fun

see more in disc

but my role is actually good for leading
Pretty sure my role is best suited to lead of ... every possible role.
We’ll see in postgame lol I’d believe yours is better but mine is a good shout

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I think the best strategy for villagers E0 may in fact be to choose a district at random. The situation we want to avoid is one district being filled with majority mafia. We make it impossible for the mafia to place their people strategically if we just choose randomly.

I'd avoid claiming E0, there's not much point to it. No one can be targeted until later, so no one can be cleaned. So the benefits of early claiming seem more limited here, but the downside of potentially claiming your role to the enemy team is still just as big.

I'm going to go ahead and provide a provisional plan that I already know several of you agree with.

M2H will go to Village Villa.
a fairy will go to Townburg
Blazade will go to Central City

I suggest the rest of you to RNG which district you go to so as to prevent strategic mafia placement.

I think it is also best that we decide on reps prior to splitting. Obviously, I think me/Blazade/a fairy would be good reps for the first day at least, until a suitable village leader can step up.

I would encourage you all not to claim at this time (unless it's to me ofc), but I do think I this amount of organization probably helps us yeah

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
To be very clear I randed where I went and did not coordinate with M2H or Blazade but I’m down for more people to state their intended destination

I'm going to go ahead and provide a provisional plan that I already know several of you agree with.

M2H will go to Village Villa.
a fairy will go to Townburg
Blazade will go to Central City

I suggest the rest of you to RNG which district you go to so as to prevent strategic mafia placement.

I think it is also best that we decide on reps prior to splitting. Obviously, I think me/Blazade/a fairy would be good reps for the first day at least, until a suitable village leader can step up.
I'm going to Big City dw

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 1)