Other Metagames BH Massive Imposterproof Team

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
1542390883390.png

Introduction

Greetings, I am proud to present my new team. In addition to defeating Chessking345 to the point of his own forfeiture, (first replay), there are some additional replays for proof of its success against Coolman 217, whom placed within the top #33 BH rankings (see his declaration in the 3rd replay battle):

VS Chessking 345
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-836063996
My first draft team premiers to a victorious finish! (Pheromosa was used before I switched to Mewtwo-Mega-Y for more power, but I still won!)

Coolman217
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-836110461
When you predict your way to victory and come back from 4 VS 2 with the likelihood not looking great!

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-836142177
Rematch, where I go all in and come back from an Imposter sweep!

Teambuilding Process

**Gyarados is literally the only Pokemon capable of such a moveset, with its Mold Breaker ability. The only comparable Pokemon would be Ampharos with the Ampharosite, but Ampharos-Mega just doesn't have the Defenses, or Typing to perform well. Gyarados simply is the only one whom has the versatility to function in both its base form to retain resistances to Bug, Fighting, and immunity to Ground, Spikes, Toxic Spikes, and Sticky Web, while taking advantage of Mega Evolving to benefit from Misty Terrain and tank a completely different set of attack types.**

**The non-set-up sweeper; good coverage aside, this Pokemon is a multi-tasker, hitting everything extremely hard, while not having paper-thin defenses like Pheromosa, or Deoxys-A. It's also such an unpredictable Pokemon that foes don't know what set to expect, and therefore they switch out even if I don't have a move that is super effective.**

**The Fur Coat user with the resistances, low Speed tier, and decent Special Attack to burn Steels, break Diancie-M, and remove abilities all while benefiting from Misty Terrain as a grounded Pokemon that resists Ice without being weak to Fighting. It can wall -ate users, Contrarian users, Sheer Force users, and pretty much anything that it isn't hit super-effectively by on the Special Defense.**

**The wall of walls. Soundproof removes its fear of Diancie-M, Kyurem-W, and Specs Rayquaza-M, and punishes them with Anchor Shot + Perish Song for a reliable 1-stop stall KO. Zygarde-Complete also racks up damage with Spiky Shield (anti-Shedinja) when the foe tries to U-turn, which combines with entry hazards damage to punish foes. It's moveset could be replaced, but for now it's doing alright.**

**Compliments both forms of Gyarados well thanks to resistances to Grass, Electric, Bug, and a Fighting Immunity. Giratina's Normal immunity also plays a role in blocking Rapid Spin after Gyarados has set up Spikes. As the Full-time Misty Surger, it allows me to support the team, be Imposterproof, and support itself with a negated Dragon weakness, and status Immunity! If Imposter switches in, its a free Shore Up, or switch. When I assume they switch out their Imposter, I use Rapid Spin on their Stealth Rocks, or use Circle Throw to rattle their momentum. Giratina is the defensive multitasker that is also Imposterproof, just like Gyarados.**

**The ultimate Imposterproof sweeper! Once you have cleared the Dazzling users, and weakened Prankster Hazers, nothing really stands in the way of Slaking. It is able to adapt in different situations, whether it be to face Imposter, or recharge its boosts if it becomes weakened throughout the match.**

The Team

Darmanitan-Zen (Gyarados) @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Shore Up
- Dragon Tail
- Knock Off
**The lead of my team; set up Misty Surge, Knock off the foe's items. Dragon Tail if they send in something that threatens its Mega form and stay in Base form to avoid Precipice as needed. My part-time Misty Surger also provides counter resistances for Giratina, tanking Dragon attacks once it Megas under Misty, in addition to Ice, Dark, and Ghost attacks.

Spikes softens up the foe for Mewtwo-Mega-Y's eventual sweep, and provides perfect counter-coverage for Darm-Z's weaknesses (Water, Dark, Ghost, or if in Base form - Ground). I sometimes keep Gyarados in Base form if the Imposter/foe has used (Toxic) Spikes, so that way I am immune to the hazard damage. Also, let's not forget it can surprise Mewtwo-Mega-Y when they think to use Photon Geyser, but you Mega and use Knock Off for huge damage!

Gyarados is NOT a 1-trick pony, it can be as unpredictable as you like.**

Slaking (Mewtwo-Mega-Y) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Blue Flare
**An immediate threat to most teams in some way or another, breaking Dragons, Steels, Waters, etc. like it's not even trying.

Fortunately for me, it is Imposterproofed by Darm-Z thanks to its Resistances, and Fur Coat (Bolt Strike). I did give it Hasty, this way Slaking and my Mewtwo-Mega-Y can deal more damage to Imposter, in the event Darm-Z has fainted. Darm-Z can also Core Enforcer it to remove Sheer Force, further weakening it.**

Gyarados-Mega (Darmanitan-Zen) @ Leftovers
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Blue Flare
- Shore Up
- Core Enforcer
- Flash Cannon
**Stops Non-Earth Power / Moongeist Beam Sheer Force / No Guard Mewtwo-Mega-Y (Blue Flare, Bolt Strike / Zap Cannon, Ice Beam / Blizzard, Psychic / Photon Geyser - including my own), allowing it be my Imposterproofer, and is able to handle Contrarians using: Sunsteel Strike, Photon Geyser, Psycho Boost, Superpower, Fleur Cannon, Leaf Storm, Overheat, V-Create, Ice Hammer.

He can tank Dragon Ascents thanks to Fur Coat, and due to Misty Surge, it resists Draco Meteor all while being Immune to Spore. Further, it is my go-to for certain -ates: Diancie-Mega and Kyurem-B, which comes in handy if I want to protect Zygarde-Complete (whom has Soundproof) from -ate Extreme Speed. Core Enforcer also makes it so Giratina can switch into Kyurem-B once it's attacks are back to Normal-typing, and Flash Cannon 1HKOs M-Diancie. Calcs:
Darmanitan-Zen Flash Cannon VS Diancie-Mega

252 SpA Darmanitan-Z Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Diancie-Mega: 272-324 (89.4 - 106.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Diancie-Mega Precipice Blades vs Darmanitan-Zen

252 Atk Life Orb Diancie-Mega Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Fur Coat Darmanitan-Z: 153-182 (36.9 - 43.9%) -- 99.8% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Diancie-Mega Head Smash VS Darmanitan-Zen

252 Atk Life Orb Diancie-Mega Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Fur Coat Darmanitan-Z: 283-338 (68.3 - 81.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery.
Diancie-M is unable to break past Darmanitan-Zen, and that allows it to also take coverage moves quite well.

Darm-Z also can take on pretty much any Mewtwo-Mega-X set and Core Enforcer it to lose its Poison Heal, Contrarian, etc. abilities**

Giratina (Zygarde-Complete) @ Leftovers
Ability: Soundproof
Sassy Nature
- Shore Up
- Anchor Shot
- Perish Song
- Spiky Shield
**The overall hard stop to non-U-turners. Even so, I Perish Song, Anchor Shot, then Spiky Shield, and take care of them if they try and U-turn. Even Spiky Shield can have a 50% to block U-Turn twice in a row, and KO.

Spiky Shield also takes care of most Shedinja, as Misty Terrain blocks the point of using Baneful Bunker. Anchor Shot also deals decent damage to Diancie-M on it's inevitable switch in, and since it cannot Boomburst, once it is in, it can't switch out. Zygarde is a generic wall that might need to be changed, so please provide some feedback. Nevertheless, if I need it to survive a Light of Ruin from Magic Gyard Mega-Diancie, it can:
252 SpA Life Orb Diancie-Mega Light of Ruin vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Zygarde-Complete: 517-611 (81.2 - 96%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Zygarde-Complete (Giratina) @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Circle Throw
- Shore Up
**This Dragon wall is not weak to Dragon! No, it's not Dialga, and its not even Altaria-Mega, it's Misty Surge Giratina! It can also come in on Imposter Darmanitan-Zen, Zygarde-Complete, and Gyarados-M Imposters since it can tank their hits, avoid being trapped, Rapid Spin, and pHaze them out of my way, racking up more entry hazard damage along the way.

Giratina's Misty Surge prevents the foe from using Spore, and compliments Gyarados-M well with a Bug, Fighting, Grass, and Electric resistance. In return for supporting the team, Darmanitan-Z resists Fairy, Ice, and under Misty Terrain, it also resists Dragon moves. Zygarde-Complete provides Soundproof defense, as it can to switch into Boomburst -ates that threaten Giratina. Overall, Giratina really compliments the team, and the team synergizes with it in return.**

Mewtwo-Mega-Y (Slaking) @ Normalium Z
Ability: Dazzling
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 HP
- Belly Drum
- Mach Punch
- Extreme Speed
- Spectral Thief
**This set's 30 HP IVs is for the odd HP number so Belly Drum can be used twice without healing. Other than that, the set should be self-explanatory- when I say I am self-Imposterproofed on all teammates, besides Mewtwo-Mega-Y, I mean it:

+6 252+ Atk Slaking Breakneck Blitz (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Eviolite Chansey: 705-831 (100.1 - 118%) -- guaranteed OHKO
All without a - Defense Nature.

And if Imposter uses Struggle at +6 Attack, Slaking can survive at 50% HP (Regigigas cannot survive):

+6 252+ Atk Slaking Struggle vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Slaking: 221-260 (43.9 - 51.6%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

The power of this set comes 2 fold; Normalium-Z can be used as a last resort to KO Imposter thanks to removing the priority, and thus Imposter's Dazzling Immunity. Normalium-Z can also be used to survive a hit (like Mewtwo-Mega-X's Superpower, as listed below), and Z-Belly Drum to heal, boost, and then KO the next turn with STAB Extreme Speed.

Spectral Thief, over Knock-Off for immediate coverage, while keeping full Immunity, and not worrying about losing power if Gyarados-M used Knock-Off first. Spectral Thief can also be used in a pinch against something it can survive to remove their boosts.

Mach Punch is for Prankster Haze Registeel, which I find to be more common than Prankster Zygarde, still, Giratina is another reason as, while it can survive Ice Shard, it may be worth it with hazards support, so both can be used interchangably. Calcs:
VS Zygarde-

+6 252+ Atk Slaking Ice Shard vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Zygarde-Complete: 620-732 (97.4 - 115%) -- guaranteed OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes

+6 252+ Atk Slaking Ice Shard vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Zygarde-Complete: 564-664 (88.6 - 104.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes

VS Giratina-

+6 252+ Atk Slaking Ice Shard vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Giratina: 312-368 (61.9 - 73%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

VS Giratina without Prankster
Spectral Thief

+6 252+ Atk Slaking Spectral Thief vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Giratina: 636-750 (126.1 - 148.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

VS Registeel
Mach Punch
+6 252+ Atk Slaking Mach Punch vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Registeel: 264-312 (72.5 - 85.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

VS Registeel without Prankster
Spectral Thief
+6 252+ Atk Slaking Spectral Thief vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Registeel: 297-350 (81.5 - 96.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock, 1 layer of Spikes
I chose Slaking over Regigigas because it can survive MMX when it doesn't use Life Orb/Tough Claws, i.e. Toxic Orb Poison Heal, Safety Goggles + Contrarian.
This allows it to use Belly Drum-Z, and then either use Extreme Speed for the 1HKO. If Spikes is on the field, it can even 1HKO MMX at + 1 Def (Contrarian users). Calcs VS Mewtwo-Mega-X:
Mewtwo-Mega-X Low Kick VS Slaking

252 Atk Mewtwo-Mega-X Low Kick (100 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Slaking: 344-408 (68.2 - 80.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Mewtwo-Mega-X Superpower / CloseCombat VS Slaking

252 Atk Mewtwo-Mega-X Superpower vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Slaking: 414-488 (82.1 - 96.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Slaking Extreme Speed VS Mewtwo-Mega-X = 1HKO

+6 252+ Atk Slaking Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Mewtwo-Mega-X: 528-622 (126.9 - 149.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Slaking Extreme Speed VS Mewtwo-Mega-X +1 Def = 1HKO

+6 252+ Atk Slaking Extreme Speed vs. +1 252 HP / 252 Def Mewtwo-Mega-X: 354-417 (85 - 100.2%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes
Spikes is realistic due to Gyarados-M having Mold Breaker.

VS Imposter Calcs:
Imposter Mewtwo-Mega-Y Sheer Force Psychic VS Slaking

252 SpA Sheer Force Chansey Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Slaking: 268-316 (53.1 - 62.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Imposter Mewtwo-Mega-Y Sheer Force Bolt Strike VS Slaking

252 Atk Sheer Force Chansey Bolt Strike vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Slaking: 162-191 (32.1 - 37.8%) -- 94.7% chance to 3HKO

Z-Belly Drum to heal, and then hit with +6 Extreme Speed VS Imposter Mewtwo-Mega-Y

+6 252+ Atk Slaking Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252- Def Eviolite Chansey: 492-579 (69.8 - 82.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (Impostered my Mewtwo-Mega-Y)

Z-Belly Drum to heal, and then hit with +6 Spectral Thief VS Imposter Giratina

+6 252+ Atk Slaking Spectral Thief vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Eviolite Chansey: 466-550 (66.1 - 78.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Z-Belly Drum to heal, and then hit with +6 Extreme Speed VS Imposter Fur Coat Darmanitan-Zen

+6 252+ Atk Slaking Breakneck Blitz (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Eviolite Fur Coat Chansey: 340-402 (48.2 - 57.1%) -- 91.8% chance to 2HKO
Overall, Slaking doesn't slack on its job to finish off teams, as the replays demonstrate its speed and power cover many bases**
Conclusion

**Please discuss and let me know your thoughts. My focus is on a defensive core (Darmanitan-Zen, Giratina, Mega-Gyarados), in addition to fast offense (Mewtwo-Mega-Y), and a priority cleaner (Slaking), rounded out by an all-in-one (Zygarde-Complete) to take hits, and take down threats.

Overall, let me know what improvements you see, and if the synergy seems to lack anything. Keep in mind, I constantly replenish Misty Terrain, so I will not have to worry about using Safety Goggles, stress about opposing Poison Healers, or resort to Comatose, as my team is self-sufficient, and basically negates the need for a Steel type due to the auto-Dragon resistance, Toxic Immunity, and bulky nature of the team in general.**
Darmanitan-Zen (Gyarados) @ Gyaradosite
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Shore Up
- Dragon Tail
- Knock Off

Slaking (Mewtwo-Mega-Y) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Hasty Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Blue Flare

Gyarados-Mega (Darmanitan-Zen) @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Blue Flare
- Shore Up
- Core Enforcer
- Flash Cannon

Giratina (Zygarde-Complete) @ Leftovers
Ability: Soundproof
Sassy Nature
- Shore Up
- Anchor Shot
- Perish Song
- Spiky Shield

Zygarde-Complete (Giratina) @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Circle Throw
- Shore Up

Mewtwo-Mega-Y (Slaking) @ Normalium Z
Ability: Dazzling
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 HP
- Belly Drum
- Mach Punch
- Extreme Speed
- Spectral Thief

Last edited:
Couple things:
1. Interesting team.
2. Darmanitan-Zen has no place on this team, switching darmanitan to a fur coat chansey would be exponentially better, as well as giving you an answer to attacking monster with metal burst:

Chansey @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Heal Order
- Metal Burst
- U-turn
- Topsy-Turvy

3. Your slaking is not improofed as a +4 extreme speed or mach punch eats everything in your team, making it pH would give balance to your team, as well as fully improofing it:

Slaking @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Spectral Thief/Knock Off
- Shift Gear/Dragon Dance (DD is more for lengthy battles, while shift gear puts more pressure on the opponent.
- Spore/Lovely Kiss

4. Putting gyarados with grassy or electric surge instead of misty surge would be helpful to keep gyarados alive while it is stacking hazards, intimidate might be something you'd want to look into as well.

5. Otherwise, the team looks good :) Good luck :)

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Couple things:
1. Interesting team.
2. Darmanitan-Zen has no place on this team, switching darmanitan to a fur coat chansey would be exponentially better, as well as giving you an answer to attacking monster with metal burst:

Chansey @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Heal Order
- Metal Burst
- U-turn
- Topsy-Turvy

3. Your slaking is not improofed as a +4 extreme speed or mach punch eats everything in your team, making it pH would give balance to your team, as well as fully improofing it:

Slaking @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Spectral Thief/Knock Off
- Shift Gear/Dragon Dance (DD is more for lengthy battles, while shift gear puts more pressure on the opponent.
- Spore/Lovely Kiss

4. Putting gyarados with grassy or electric surge instead of misty surge would be helpful to keep gyarados alive while it is stacking hazards, intimidate might be something you'd want to look into as well.

5. Otherwise, the team looks good :) Good luck :)
1. Thank you!

2. For Darmanitan-Zen Mode, I like it's resistances as Chansey can have trouble with CB Adaptability MMX, Triage Heracross, and Pheromosa. I feel like having a STAB Fire move allows me to KO the latter 2, while also threatening Steel types, which can also bypass Fur Coat with Sunsteel Strike. Darm-Z has saved me from Kartana, and Necrozma Dusk-Mane / Solgaleo sweeps, but I see your point for other physical threats like Adaptability Garchomp-Mega.

3. Ya I agree with Slaking, but usually I just self-Imposterproof, so I can block their attempts to do anything, and if I haven't used the Z-move already, I Breakneck Blitz for the 1HKO, since Imposter cannot hurt Slaking.

In the event I switch Slaking into Leech Seed, or Toxic Spikes, I could see how Imposter could win when I can't keep Slaking in. I can probably edit this one, but I just like the Dazzling set I created.

Do you have any suggestions for teammates to Imposterproof the Dazzling set with? Otherwise, I could just follow what you mentioned, regarding switching to Poison Heal.

4. I want to know what I would get out of Grassy Surge, since I don't use any Grass moves, and if I need the heal, I can just have it start in the Mega form and give it Leftovers.

As for Electric Surge, Bolt Strike 1HKOs what it needs to without an Electric Surge boost. I see how it could also block sleep, but I don't understand if that is enough. I use Misty Surge to also block an opposing Poison Healer's Toxic Orb, and any other status effect (like their Scald Kyogre burning my team).

Can you please tell me what either would do to help Gyarados survive more?
I use Misty Surge also to cut down on Dragon moves aimed at either Giratina or Zygarde, so they can live 1 Draco Meteor from a Contrarian, or a few Core Enforcers.

5. I am glad you enjoyed reviewing this team! I appreciate it and am happy to receive constructive criticism and feedback. :)

For improofing slaking, I'd probably go with an unaware giratina, but you probably wouldnt want to lose misty. If you do indeed turn to unaware tina, you can keep misty on mgyra to maintain that dragon weakness you love :)

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
For improofing slaking, I'd probably go with an unaware giratina, but you probably wouldnt want to lose misty. If you do indeed turn to unaware tina, you can keep misty on mgyra to maintain that dragon weakness you love :)
Don’t you mean Dragon "resistance"? ;P
I just don’t like having to give up Misty on Mega Evolution (and I don’t want to give up Mold Breaker either).

I would need to replace Audino but Audino-Mega is my NormGar Pivot. Zygarde with Unaware would be too vulnerable to Contrarian Rayquaza, Diancie, etc.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)