Bevs' Philosophical Alolan Mons: Breloom

Breloom-Alola-M

Breloom-Alola-F

Statistics (Off Personal Suggestion)

Type
: Fighting/Dark

Possible Abilities: Technician | Venom Strike
  • Technician: This Pokemon's moves of 60 power or less have 1.5x power. Includes Struggle.
  • Venom Strike: This Pokemon's Poison moves have 1.5x power.

Stats: HP 50/ Atk 140/ Def 70/ SpA 60/ SpD 50/ Spe 90/ BST 460

Pokedex Entry:
Fighting from the shadows, this Pokemon, similar to it's northern cousin, has vicious close-quarters-combat capabilities. However, it does differ in a couple ways, one of which being its tail appendage. The spike (males) is used in battles for dominance, hunting, and/or self-defense. At the end, there is a small hole that injects highly toxic venom into whatever target is unlucky enough to be struck by it. Naturally, other Breloom-A are immune to the toxin, but that does not make the spike any less lethal. The ball-like version of said spike (females) contains an extremely nutritious juice manufactured within the Breloom-A's body in order to feed its young or, in some cases, its trainer. The ring markings on the bellies of Breloom-A help to distinguish between the males and females at a young age as well being utilized as a defense mechanism by excreting venom when the rings suffer abrasions. Finally, the horn found in the middle of the males' heads is a sign of dominance. The larger/longer the spike, the more dominant or powerful that male is. At the end of a fight, the losing male Breloom-A's horn is broken off by the victor in order to express to potential mates that he is indeed the dominant male.

(Notes: This is my first ever art contribution to this section of Smogon. Please, give feed back and let me know what you all thinking of my sprites/ideas!!)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)