Best Luck in Pokémon

1.Catch Xerneas in the first try without damage him with pokeball
2.Catch shiny dwebble in the first RE in safari
3.Catch 2 shiny in a row , right after I got shiny pidgeot then I meet shiny hawlucha right after that DAMN !!!!!!!!!!!

I once got a Swords Dance sweep on Mega Scizor set up cause the opposing Pokémon was fully paralyzed twice in a row.
Also, I caught a Jolly Terrakion with a standard Poké Ball.

I once got a Swords Dance sweep on Mega Scizor set up cause the opposing Pokémon was fully paralyzed twice in a row.
Also, I caught a Jolly Terrakion with a standard Poké Ball.
I once saw a CB Scizor locked into Bullet Punch sweep a team because the opponent's Heatran missed 5 times in a row with Fire Blast.

I also spectated this. Can't exactly say I've ever seen more hax in one battle. Except for the time I tried playing Blue. Misty's Starmie missed 4 times in a row with Bubblebeam. Now I just need that kind of luck in the lottery.

My best luck ever was when I was doing my Pelipper solo run and I didn't die once to Watson. I came down to 1HP like 4 times but I just used a potion. He could've easily OHKOed me but surprisingly he didn't.

PeliBulk come through :D

Facing Champion Blue in FireRed. It's down to my full-HP Raichu vs his full-HP Blastoise.

Raichu uses Thunderbolt, Blastoise loses a bit over half HP

Blastoise uses EARTHQUAKE. (Being young and all, I had no idea it could learn the move.)

It did 124 damage to Raichu.

Raichu's max HP was 125.

(No, Raichu was not wearing a Focus Band, and Focus Sash didn't exist back then.)

Litra

Desire Sensor's favorite plaything
is an Artist Alumnus
Turning a battle around and making an upset comeback victory because my opponent missed three times in a row with leaf storm.

Plus there was hatching three shiny Pokemon in the span of 4-5 days (Litwick, Mawile, and Absol). Mawile was the best result since the defense IV was randomized but still came out high at 29. Litwick's def also was randomized and came out 27. Still use them here and there on Wi-Fi.

Best Luck?
I RG'ed a Glalie for a Challenge Cup match back in the 5th Gen, and I got this:
Item: Lucky Punch
Ability: Moody
Moves: Swagger / Attract / Substitute / Ice Beam

Worst luck?
How do you know a Randomized Nuzlocke will be difficult? When the starters are Togepi, Abra and Feebas.

Good luck?

When my pokemon breed, after the first egg I get 2/3 more almost instantaneously

(And Feraligatr with sacred fire was my randomizer nuzlocke starter.)

Bad Luck

In Black, I got a shiny Shelmet, my only shiny ever, and lost the game.

Last edited:
I finally started breeding myself Charmanders today, dreading it due to the the lopsided Male/Female ratio. I needed one with Timid and the other with Jolly, so I could breed whatever nature I wanted at will, since I was supposed to get a Jolly male, I needed a Timid Female with hopefully 3 or more decent IV's. I started with a Safari female with the following IV spreads....

Female - 31/xx/xx/xx/xx/31
Male - xx/31/31/xx/31/31.

I bred a full box +5 worth of eggs, hatching four females (not bad). All the males were useless to me from there nature, and only had two with 4 IV's... Three of the females inherited a whopping ONE perfect IV, either Speed or HP...

The last female? 31/31/31/xx/31/31.... I don't even want to know the odds of getting this spread from those parents and with that 12.5% gender ratio. In another 15 minutes I bred it with my Jolly Garchomp and got a Jolly male with that same spread, with all the egg moves I wanted (Dragon Rush/Pulse/Dance and Outrage).

Considering the hell it went through to breed my Salamence, totally made my day.
What are the odds of this?! It's like trying to catch a Shiny early game! (but a lot harder)

What did you have to do to breed your Salamence?

I once bred two six-IV Honedge in a single batch while going for one with an IV spread of 31/31/31/31/31/0. I still don't know how I did it to this day though, since both parents had 0 Spe IVs and all.

Best luck was probably when I was facing this dude on showdown about a year ago, and it was my asleep half health ish tyranitar against his gengar. Obviously I'm thinking that I've lost because he'd probably hit at least hit one focus blast. But to my amazement, he goes for sludge bomb instead. So now it's just whether I can wake up soon enough. First one brings me down to about 23-24%. Unfortunately, I had one turn of guaranteed sleep. So I lose right? Nope, I live with 1%, wake up and kill him with a crunch. One of my luckiest moments in pokemon. I'm guessing he didn't have focus blast for some weird reason, but I guess it was good for me :].

Last edited:
When replaying Platinum, I was using a Rotom against Aaron of the Elite Four. Its Discharge OHKO'd Vespiquen and Yanmega, which is only to be expected. With his other three Pokémon, it did over 50% damage (but not enough to make him get a Full Restore out of his bag), and paralyzed them. Each time, they were fully paralyzed. That is a 0.0421875% chance.

I have only had one case of crazy luck in Pokemon and that was catching Zekrom using a quick ball with critical capture on my very first encounter in White. Not only that but it had a Naive nature which is useful competitively as a mixed attacker. I was so happy with myself. :-)

Edit. Just thought of something else. I used my masterball to catch Thundurus (also in White) and on my very first attempt I got a timid nature and hidden power ice! So naturally I use him in all of my serious battles.

Last edited:

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Three days ago I was trying to hatch a Female 6IV Swablu and was thinking that I'd get a shiny before my goal. I was right. After hatching my goal, I decided to catch a Female Bagon in a Quick Ball for my next breeding project. It took me long enough that I was getting tired of Drifloon, Spionk, and everything but Bagon appearing. After a Shiny Spoink, I was just tired of Drifloon and everything that wasn't Bagon or Spoink. I thought the Shiny charm would get me more shinies, but I never thought it would get me two in one day! :D

Just had the luck of my life. I started SRing for a Modest Xerneas yesterday. After 88 tries I got a 31/x/20~21/31/31/31 Modest one and was pretty happy. But since I was psychologically prepared to give it a couple of hundreds of tries, I decided to go for at least hundred. And then on 89th try I get a 31/x/31/31/31/31 Modest Xerneas. I was sure the speed would 30 just to screw me up, but the judgein Kiloude guaranteed it's 5IV ^^

I was playing against a Venusaur (non-Mega for some reason) and I used Ice Fang on it from my Gliscor. It froze, thawed, and flinched all in the same turn. Does anyone know the odds for that?

So, I was playing pokemon platinum today and... You know that togepi egg Cynthia gives you in Eterna city?

Well, When it hatched something was off...

IT WAS SHINY.

My 2nd legit non traded shiny after more than 5 years of pokemon.

Omelet will be transferred to Sun and moon and will SLAY ALL DRAGONS

Today, I've managed to breed a HP Ground Feebas (for the upcoming competition), complete with Confuse Ray and Brine (can't take credit for Dragon Pulse and Mirror Coat though) in one day.

Sure I'm worried that it's not 30 IVs in Special Defense, but it is "Outstanding", so I suspect I'll continue to get me wins like on Showdown, but this time in the actual competition, and frustrate even Electric types.

Actually, is there a way to make sure they are 30s?

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Today, I've managed to breed a HP Ground Feebas (for the upcoming competition), complete with Confuse Ray and Brine (can't take credit for Dragon Pulse and Mirror Coat though) in one day.

Sure I'm worried that it's not 30 IVs in Special Defense, but it is "Outstanding", so I suspect I'll continue to get me wins like on Showdown, but this time in the actual competition, and frustrate even Electric types.

Actually, is there a way to make sure they are 30s?
On the IV checker screen, stats that are listed as "Fantastic" have IVs of 30.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)