SM OU BELIEVE

z0mOG

is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 26 Championis a defending SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
DPL Champion

all u normies like to name ur rmts off shitty songs that have nothing to do with the team, so i named mine after a GOOD ONE to show u how its done

i haven't made an rmt since XY (i think) but i was in the mood to do some writing so wynaut

general process:
sub seed serperior is op so i wanted to build around that w/ some double leech seed fuckery

celesteela is one of the strongest leech seeders alongside serp, and is generally able to come in on a lot of the things serp itself cant break through when trying to sweep with leaf storm, like magearna, latios, tornt

i thought the perfect fit with this would be a toxic spike user so that the leech seed stalling is even stronger in tandem with poisons, pex also works nicely with the breakers which are all ground immune to remove tspikes for them

next, the team felt a lil slow and i wanted to add something that could put in a lot of work vs stall, so i went with z-charge koko

i got a little lazy so doing the last 2 together -- landorus-t is an ideal fit because it provides uturn support to bring in medi/koko when something is forced out, as well as adding something to check zygarde and set rocks. i had no mega and i wanted a means of priority so i chose medicham, and it works nicely in tandem with both tspikes to stop shit like mew from coming in, as well as volturn from koko/lando

i then mixed the order up to make it more to my liking (hence why it doesnt match the process above)

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt

formerly i had z-wild charge koko here, but i think with how the meta shifted, z tbolt is just the better set. specs is the most used set (which i think is fairly trash, and just 50/50 turns every single turn koko is in). not being locked into an attacking move to get off uturns into medicham is also a valuable asset of this koko set, which is why i prefer it to a choice locked set. i prefer taunt in the 4th slot to prevent hazards from being cleared away easily, but roost/volt switch/dazzling gleam suffice as well.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Def / 136 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]

lando-t is the go-to rocker for this team as it adds a check to offensive grounds as well as providing uturn support for medicham koko and serp. the EVs are set to take as many physical hits as possible while still outspeeding timid magearna, which can be annoying if it were to get the boost off landot. i opted into maxing defense rather than HP because its just that important to take as little from threats like zygarde or lop as possible, especially when i have 2 sdef tanks to justify not needing the hp>def.

example of dmg difference
-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Zygarde Thousand Arrows vs. 120 HP / 252 Def Landorus-Therian: 114-135 (32.6 - 38.6%) -- 99.1% chance to 3HKO
-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Zygarde Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 120 Def Landorus-Therian: 129-153 (33.7 - 40%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Toxapex @ Shed Shell
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 200 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Recover
- Haze / Toxic

as i said earlier, toxapex is important because of how well serp/cele/medi synergize with toxic spikes, and having the ability to remove them is very helpful for my grounded mons. as long as dug is still in the tier (as it is for week1 olt and cycle 1 snake), its important to keep shed shell to avoid getting duggy'd. it also helps for the occasional magmatran or whirlpool fini as well. as for the fourth move, ive experimented with both and I think i prefer haze to shut down volcs and magearnas, as well as be able to reset suicune should i find myself being boosted against. toxic is nice for having a way to not just waste PP vs zard-y and getting flinched down by ash-gren if i can't land a scald burn/tspikes werent up. i didnt have a specific ev spread, but I wanted a lot of spdef to be able to very easily answer greninjas and heatrans.

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Hidden Power [Fire]

serp was the main thing i wanted to build around w/ this team. sub-seed is, in my opinion, the strongest set, as you can be able to consistently chip down things like heatran/lati/magearna if they switch into your seed. being able to use leech seed to keep landot medi and koko healthy can be important if you find the opportunity to bring them in when weakened. contrary leaf storm is consistently one of the more successful late game sweepers, so just work to get rid of the checks to it before committing to the sweep. namely magearna, celesteela, latios, heatran, charizard, and faster things that could revenge it like greninja or lop.

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Atk / 228 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Protect
- Flamethrower
- Leech Seed

celesteela is the other leech seed abuser that takes a more defensive approach. its my primary answer against magearnas, leles, and bulus, which all could set up and sweep if cele goes down. it is ev'd to basically take all special hits from leles/magearnas, with a tad of atk for ohkoing mag on rocks with eq. earthquake is worth as the 4th move to prevent being trapped by magnezone as best as possible, as something like a magnezone/lele core could be hard to come-back from if celesteela is trapped and ohko'd. it also serves as the strongest way to hit setup magearnas, having a 75% roll to 2hko with rocks up, and heatran on a predict/switch.

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch

lastly, medicham acts as the wall breaker and super-mon with dual leech seed and uturn support. toxic spikes from pex is very nice with medi, as it makes it hard for mew to come in to wall cham if said tspikes are up. adamant is a must, in my opinion, to land the 2hko on clef, which a lot of teams tend to rely on as their medicham answer if they don't have mew. i chose bullet punch rather than ice punch/tpunch (even tho i got a koko?!?!) because if I can fake out the dug on the turn they attempt to trap me, i can kill them with bullet before the z-eq. it's also nice for the occasional unsuspecting weavile or diancie. i feel safe to go ice-less because landorus-t+celesteela will always be able to answer other landos, and i don't feel i click ice vs anything else really.

Edited: with dug being gone, i switched the 4th to ice, helps to lure landot for koko to do its thing, and there really isnt much need for any other fourth. tpunch is still an option considering elec terrain, but i never find myself using it when i have it

some tourney game replays:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7ou-320920 me vs John for SSD
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7ou-313234 rey used it vs alexander in olt, it ended up coming down to dark pulse double flinching an otherwise won game ;__;
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-649134437 vs void for snake draft. winning meant my team made playoffs
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-622570786 vs. welliou for superstars
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-624303107 vs. energy for superstars
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7ou-312036 for njnp's good saturdays tour finals... lol

threats:

-
magma tran can be annoying, as my fire resist is pex, which gets taunted and is eventually forced to switch out vs magma sets. i try to be aggressive vs teams with magma tran, and unsuspecting ones can be lured by koko's z-move.
-
generally speaking, cele/pex will beat setup magearnas, but it is worth it to scout for gigavolt havoc to avoid getting shift gear'd on and swept by soul heart. gigavolt OTR can also be obnoxious. cm is beaten by haze pex so thats not too bad. medi/koko also ohko it from full. av is easy to chip down and gradually beat, especially if they keep switching in on serp.
-
if specs or z- magnezone can successfully trap celesteela, it often enables something like a lele to put in a looot of work vs my team. that's why eq is very important, as well as being able to recognize how/when your opponent's mag will try to trap you. the biggest threat to me that mags tend to pair up with is lele, as pinsir is stopped by koko/somewhat checked by pex and landot, and there arent too other many core mag partners worth naming imo. shed shell celesteela might be worth a try in the upcoming dug-less days to avoid this issue.

import:

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Def / 136 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Toxapex @ Shed Shell
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 200 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Recover
- Toxic

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 228 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Leech Seed

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch

thx so much for reading, i won't be doing s/os (except for ez cuz he da goat) but if ur my pal/testing buddy thanks a lot for being there, u know who u are : - D

also Ciele :O

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Change the EV spread of your Celesteela to

EVs: 252 HP / 28 Atk / 96 Def / 132 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)

This gives you 3 more special defense points while keeping the rest of your stats the same.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)