Battle Spot Premier League - Week 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

BSPL Spreadsheet
Schedule Form

WEEK 2

vs

(1) Viridian Rhydons vs Fallarbor Flare Blitzers (5)
BSS: Pearl vs Valentine
BSS: Solerme vs Psynergy
BSS: maxgamer1 vs GateCreeper
BSD: Sir Scrubbington vs TheFourthChaser
BSD: FloristtheBudew vs nvakna
GBU: average fella vs Arifeen

vs

(4) Saffron Side-Pups vs Castelia Cavaliers (2)

BSS: Natalie. vs Jibaku
BSS: qsns vs kamikaze
BSS: Jhon vs Joint Cena
BSD: bargens vs I Am a Rookie
BSD: Alex Gomez vs Memoric
GBU: Feis vs Megazard

vs

(5) Rustboro Rocky Helmets vs Las Vegas Gengars (1)
BSS: Jmal98 vs LegoFigure11
BSS: NOVED vs Brian12345
BSS: teal6 vs Sopheon
BSD: shaian vs Demantoid
BSD: P3DS vs Elegyy
GBU: rozes vs Matame

Deadline is Sunday, October 16th, 11:59PM EST

All formats are Bo3. BSD is team locked (just like VGC15), but you can freely switch teams between games for BSS and GBU.

MAKE SURE TO SAVE REPLAYS!

HAVE FUN!!!! :O
Disconnections and Timer Clause: In live tournaments with short time constraints such as the Smogon Tour, if a player disconnects or times out, the opponent may take the win. In other tournaments, if a player disconnects and contends that they could still win, the optimal solution is to recreate the exact situation the disconnection occurred at during the battle. If this is not feasible due to unreasonable battle length, highly improbable circumstances, or some other reason (*), the player who did not disconnect may choose to rematch with either the same teams or (the option to use) new teams. Timing out is still classified as a loss, unless the reason for timing out is a disconnection. If there is any suspicion that a disconnect was carried out deliberately to take advantage of this rule in any way, we reserve the right to exercise a harsh punishment.
*: Due to the "not bringing all 6 Pokemon" mechanic of Battle Spot formats, a game recreation will NOT be done because in many cases it's not possible to identify the 3/4 Pokemon brought into battle.

Simulator Glitches: Any battle mechanics not properly implemented in the simulator used for a tournament battle are fair game, unless explicitly banned by that tournament's rules. Illegal movesets that are not restricted by the simulator fall into this category as well. However, this does not include faulty tier scripts; for example, if there was a bug in the BW OU tier script that allowed you to use Drizzle and Swift Swim on the same team, taking advantage of this would result in disqualification in that battle. If a game breaking glitch is discovered, we will make a blanket tournament ban on that glitch via an announcement in the Tournaments forum until it is fixed.

Ghosting: The player in a tournament battle should be the one making their own decisions. Do not tell a player what move to make in a tournament battle (i.e. do not "ghost" them), and do not make your moves based on another person's suggestions. If we are made aware that someone playing a tournament battle is making some of their moves based mainly on the suggestions of someone else, punishments may be handed out to both parties involved.

Identity: Pretending to be another player in relation to a tournament battle is strictly prohibited. Do not try to impersonate or play as another player.

Rule Breaking: If a player breaks a rule during a battle, they are disqualified from that particular battle. If it was a single battle in a series, they will still have the opportunity to play the rest of the series.

Draws: If a battle ends in a draw in an elimination tournament or another tournament format that is unable to handle draws, there should be a rematch between the players with the option for both players to change teams.

Forfeiting: A player may forfeit their battle during or after the battle, as long as the result has not been confirmed by the host. If a player forfeits before a battle commences in the first round of a tournament, they are eligible for substitution if appropriate. We highly recommend that you do not forfeit your tournament battles just because you got lucky, but we do not enforce this.

Host / Tournament Director Decisions: The host may make a judgment call on the outcome of a battle with a disputed result, even if one player has broken the rules. If you believe the host has made an unjust decision, you may inform the Tournament Director responsible for the tournament of the situation and request that they make a final call on it.

Sportsmanship: If a player displays exceedingly poor sportsmanship before, during, or after a tournament battle, they may be disqualified or otherwise punished.

Last edited:

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
(3) Viridian Rhydons vs Fallarbor Flare Blitzers (3)
BSS: Solerme vs Valentine
BSS: Pearl vs Valentine
BSS: Pearl vs Psynergy
BSS: Solerme vs Psynergy
BSS: maxgamer1 vs xastify

even though the rhydons are using an ugly af banner instead of an actual good one and I want them to get swepped now, they should win this week. the update to the matchup works in the Flare Blitzers' favour, Psynergy will win for the tie.

(5) Rustboro Rocky Helmets vs Las Vegas Gengars (1)

Lego and Brian are a chance to win and force a tie for their team, but I'm confident in the other picks so I see the Helmets winning.

edit: also I'm super bummed that I didn't get any of the matchups I wanted. Joint vs Natalie, Jhon vs Jiba, and Alex vs Rookie would have been hype and a treat for the spectators :pirate:

Last edited:
(6) Rustboro Rocky Helmets vs Las Vegas Gengars (0)

Go team yay n__n

bobochan

slow mo my bobo
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
(6) Viridian Rhydons vs Fallarbor Flare Blitzers (0)

BSS: Solerme vs Valentine
The loss last week for Solerme may have put a damper on his mentality, but regardless he's going to be solid even in the Singles 1 slot. His opponent Valentine is a former OU master so let's see what he can bring to the tables for Psynergy's team.

BSS: Pearl vs Psynergy
Obviously Psynergy wasn't happy with last week's tie, therefore he has decided to take matters personally by playing himself in the Singles 2 slot. Standing in his way will be none other than GroudonEmpire's ACE and the second person ever (cant say being the first) to take down Jhon senpai. Will it be Pearl senpai or the God of RU Psynergy? Found out this weekend.

BSS: maxgamer1 vs xastify
The German's top seed and rising star max is a young, and confident player and has the skills to back it up. Xastify ain't rusty at all after taking out Sopheon last week but this will be a tough match for him.

TFC recently lost to Demantoid but this week's opponent is no pushover either. This is going to be a close match but I will be rooting for AUS.

OZ OZ OZ, OI OI OI

Should have won last week but I'm not sure what happened. Average fella is more consistent while Arifeen is more aggressive. Interesting match up either way.

(3) Rustboro Rocky Helmets vs Las Vegas Gengars (3)

Very tough opponent for our OZ this week. Jmal has always been consistently in the top end of the ladder and his playstyle is quite unpredictable. Needless to say his opponent Lego is a man of legendary status after taking down one of Psynergy's finest players in just 2 games last week.

Welcome to the match of the week. As former friends, family, rivals, enemies, allies, neutral, etc, these 2 players know each other very well. Arguably the most even match up of the week, these 2 players know their BSS like they know 1+1. We have NOVED THE GODSEND against a top tier singles player Brian the room tour champion (who took last week's win with ease). It's impossible to predict who will win here but NOVED might have a slight edge due to the Rocky Helmets eagerly looking for a win or at least a tie.

Slaughtered bobochan in just 2 games and under 15 mins to top things off (which consequently sent him to the bench). He even took a 3 min break to come up with an on-the-spot team after he thought BSS was team locked (lol). This man is no joke. EZ win for teal6 here, although I'm a little surprised he was placed in the Singles 3 slot.

Step aside peeps, we have the STRONGEST BSD player rn in the name of Demantoid. This man has moved on from the realm of BSS (where he was the former number 1) and is now looking to be the King of BSD. After taking down big timer TFC, this should be an ez win for Demantoid. The only way to lose here is to choke.

glhf

glhf

i don't mind play either of them, just don't leave me waiting again 6 hours to start the match and it will be fine

I can't complain since psyg deserved it, but yet it's the 2° week that i win the first game and then lose the second game in a similar way... It's a heavy burden to swallow for me, since i am an emotive player. I think i'm not a bo3 player, and idk if i'm going to play week 3 tbf.

Ggs to my opponent tho, like i said he deserved the win

I can't complain since psyg deserved it, but yet it's the 2° week that i win the first game and then lose the second game in a similar way... It's a heavy burden to swallow for me, since i am an emotive player. I'm clearly not a bo3 player, and idk if i'm going to play week 3 tbf.

Ggs to my opponent tho, like i said he deserved the win
I just want you to know that if I ever have to face you in any tournament or metagame that allows OHKO moves, I am bringing a team full of them. Be prepared. :P

Valentine

Banned deucer.
[17:34] Valentine: can you play =O
[17:34] Pearlafk ✿: n
[17:34] Pearlafk ✿ johns
[17:34] Valentine: fren :(
[17:35] Pearlafk ✿: catch me on later this week
[17:35] Valentine: 1 now 2 later?
User Pearlafk ✿ is offline.
;~;
we'll play later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)