Battle of Kanto Unleashed Finals (Locoghoul Wins!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattapod

bad clarinet music
is a Community Contributor Alumnus

- Finals runs from 10/09-10/17 GMT -5
- You must post the battle video codes in your post confirming victory/defeat
- If everyone finishes their matches early, we can move on early

Bracket

Niadev v
locoghoul

Prizes

- The participation prize is the shiny Gastly. You can pick up your prize via GTS from me after you have been officially eliminated from the tournament. If you no-show your match, you do not get a prize.
- First place will win both the Mew and the Zapdos.
- Second place will get to pick one of either Mew or Zapdos.
- The prizes were soft reset/bred by me and cloned via Powersaves.

#151 Mew

Synchronize
Adamant Nature
31.31.31.xx.31.31
OT: GF ID: 02016

#145 Zapdos

Pressure
Modest Nature
31.xx.31.30.31.31
Hidden Power Grass
OT: Rocko ID: 09801

#092 Gastly ♂

Levitate
Timid Nature
OT: Xen ID: 47402
Notes: Bred using the Time Machine Method.
Comes as a level 1 UT Gastly.

- Nelson Tangela helps make this possible -
- Approved by Mizuhime -
- Item Clause
- Species Clause
- Battles are 6v6 and best of 3 on ORAS
- Only Pokémon #001-#151 are permitted, in addition to cross-gen evolutions.
These are: Pichu, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Crobat, Bellossom, Politoed, Slowking, Magnezone, Steelix, Tyrogue, Hitmontop, Lickilicky, Rhyperior, Blissey, Tangrowth, Kingdra, Mime Jr., Scizor, Smoochum, Elekid, Electivire, Magby, Magmortar, Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, Glaceon, Sylveon, Porygon2, Porygon-Z, Munchlax

Mattapod

bad clarinet music
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Niadev and locoghoul you guys are awesome. this should be a fun finals.

also, literally nobody has "picked up" their gastly from even round one. if anyone wants to get it, write on my wall. my new friend code is in my sig

Woo! tbh just making it to finals for that sweet actually usable Zapdos was my goal, so regardless of the outcome I'm happy :) This has been an incredibly fun tour to play, if partly for the fact I was finally able to properly use a Mewtwo ingame (holy crap this thing is good). There's been tonnes of close games so far and this might be the closest yet. Will arrange meeting up for the match a bit later.

EDIT: Yeah I also promised to a friend I'd post this if I made it to Finals a while back (before the tour even started lmao). ofc at the time I thought I'd lose Round 1 but look where we are now. Welp I agreed to a bet better do what I promised

Please don't kill me for corrupting the banner this is why I normally never do bets. Original is good banner, better than this abomination

Also shoutouts dookieshed for that hide title reference

Last edited:
Lost to an absolutely masterful counter team, gg, Quiverpass too stronk.

Opp probably will post replays though, deserves to be the one to share my crushing 2-0 defeat for just how fantastic that counterteam was

EDIT: May as well post the team I used for almost the entire tour (except for last round where Sp.Def Mew was added for Quiverpass into Mewtwo):

Mewtwo @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psystrike
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- Calm Mind

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Focus Blast

Politoed @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 164 SpD / 96 Spe
Calm Nature
- Encore
- Scald
- Rest
- Toxic

Omastar @ Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Knock Off

Kabutops @ Choice Band
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Steelix @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Explosion
- Roar

I built around CM Mewtwo+MGeng, as Geng trapped and removed stuff like Chansey that gave Mewtwo issues. I paired it with rain HO because it weakened checks and counters, could clean on their own, and most importantly, they revenged opposing Mewtwo. Politoed is a set I had laying around. Lix was the suicide lead and never changed once. I chose it over Golem because of higher defense and to take on MKang a bit better. I actually used Splash Plate Kabutops in R1, 2 and I think 3 but it didn't have as much power as I desired so it became Banded later on. Omastar's set was the same throughout all the rounds, being a Specs set and saved my ass in some later rounds. Did pretty well, made minor adaptations for some opps (to MGeng's set almost always) admittedly but was mostly the same otherwise. Considered Kang over Geng for tertiary Mewtwo check but gave me more issues with Chansey and Mew.

Last edited:
Won against NiaDev 2-0, GGs. Alakazam > Mewtwo lol

Game 1: NZLW-WWWW-WW52-N9S8
Game 2: PCGW-WWWW-WW52-N9ST

OK, regarding "counterteaming" I gotta say a couple of things. First, this is a tournament where we are not encouraged but required to post replays. Whether participants watch these or not is up to each, but the option is there. Second, we are allowed to change teams between rounds. No one knows for sure what the opponent is bringing. If I attempt to counterteam a chlorophyll team and my opponent brings full stall, I'm screwed. I used different teams on each round and none of them were built with something in mind other than what I felt comfortable with, hell I used a mononormal team on R2. I also only used Mewtwo twice. Now, was this team a rain dance "cteam"? Possibly, but if you look at my team you still have to play the match to win, it's not by any means an autowin or a great team that will guarantee you the W.

All of this goes without taking away my opponent's sportmanship btw. I just heard this argument more than once in the past and felt to address it right now that the gen is practically over so people can change their views for future tournaments/formats.

Additionally, thanks to Mattapod for hosting again. It was "fun" to have a clusterfuck of clauses gone and gates loose with Ubers and stuff. I'm disappointed I didn't get to use a full BP team (damn Gengar everywhere) or Sheer Cold spam Cuno (I'm not manly enough to pull it off). Teambuilding was "interesting" to say the least and in most cases, I was just either trying to have fun and play it out or make my cheese trump my opponent's cheese.

Bye Gen 6! Looking forward to Sun and Moon and those alolan messed up pokemon lol

Last edited:
Won against NiaDev 2-0, GGs. Alakazam > Mewtwo lol

Game 1: NZLW-WWWW-WW52-N9S8
Game 2: PCGW-WWWW-WW52-N9ST

OK, regarding "counterteaming" I gotta say a couple of things. First, this is a tournament where we are not encouraged but required to post replays. Whether participants watch these or not is up to each, but the option is there. Second, we are allowed to change teams between rounds. No one knows for sure what the opponent is bringing. If I attempt to counterteam a chlorophyll team and my opponent brings full stall, I'm screwed. I used different teams on each round and none of them were built with something in mind other than what I felt comfortable with, hell I used a mononormal team on R2. I also only used Mewtwo twice. Now, was this team a rain dance "cteam"? Possibly, but if you look at my team you still have to play the match to win, it's not by any means an autowin or a great team that will guarantee you the W.

All of this goes without taking away my opponent's sportmanship btw. I just heard this argument more than once in the past and felt to address it right now that the gen is practically over so people can change their views for future tournaments/formats.

Additionally, thanks to Mattapod for hosting again. It was "fun" to have a clusterfuck of clauses gone and gates loose with Ubers and stuff. I'm disappointed I didn't get to use a full BP team (damn Gengar everywhere) or Sheer Cold spam Cuno (I'm not manly enough to pull it off). Teambuilding was "interesting" to say the least and in most cases, I was just either trying to have fun and play it out or make my cheese trump my opponent's cheese.

Bye Gen 6! Looking forward to Sun and Moon and those alolan messed up pokemon lol
I never said I was against cteaming (if I was I'd be a huge hypocrite, I've counterteamed in the past), and to be honest I expected a lot more of it in the tour due to the rules mentioned. I myself adapted my sets a bit for some of my oppos, which could be considered to an extent counterteaming - For example, my Geng went from Focus Blast to Sludge Bomb for the fairies one of my opps had, and I went for Mew over Steelix for finals because Quiver Pass into Mewtwo was downright filthy and horrifying a prospect to deal with - I'd only prepared for CM prior to the finals - my method of dealing with it was outspeeding with rain mons, who failed vs +1 speed Mewtwo. I didn't expect a full blown counter team though, and honestly it takes a lot of guts to do a team like that in a tour where opponents can change their team, so gratz to anyone who did anything major to their teams for this tour. Honestly, I was setting myself up to be counterbuilt by using the same team every round

But gd sleep clause I miss you so much ;w;.

But anyways the tour was fun, even with this humungous windstorm of broken mons and absurd stuff like Quiverpass and actually usable Rain Offense. It should really say something about a Pokemon if it's a meta with Mega Kang and Kang isn't the one the meta is centered around, though, gd mewtwo is broken. Rain was a fun playsytle to use though, newfound respect for it. My only regret is not using a mega mewtwo haha

(Also is it really hard to tell if I'm being sarcastic/condescending? Holy fuck I'm bad at communication if it is :V. It was a sincere congrats btw :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)