SM Ubers Basic RMT

Hi, my name is bad with introductions. Basically I've been playing Pokemon for a while and just recently got into competitive about 6 months ago. This is my first attempt at making a full original team, without just copy and pasting a team I found online, changing something, and calling it my own. Surprisingly enough this is the only team that has gotten me out of the cursed 1300's and all the way to 1456 in the same day.

BLUE EYES WHITE DRAGON (Necrozma-Dusk-Mane) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Photon Geyser
- Autotomize
- Sunsteel Strike
- Earthquake

First up on my team I knew I wanted to roll with Necrozma Dusk Mane as my center of the team. It's perfect for destroying Xerneas and overall a good combat for almost anything except Groudon which pretty much OHKOs it. But MOST of the things it is weak to can easily be beaten by automizing then getting hit with a super effective move, boosting it more than damaging it thanks to the Weakness Policy. The moveset I use is for coverage on almost anything.

1544324128980.jpeg

Venom (Ditto) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Transform

Everyone's favourite blob, well besides the disgusting people who like Muk. Ditto is a basic counter to pretty much anything that has access to Swords Dance, Calm Mind, Moxie, Contrary, or even just Ultra Beasts from me playing sloppy. This was originally a Marshadow till I realized that I could easily just run a choice scarfed Ditto and get the first hit nearly every time, along with not even having to use transform as a waste of a turn along with getting the other mons buffs straight away.

Dargon (Salamence-Mega) @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Double-Edge
- Roost
- Facade

To the person at Nintendo who gave Salamance a fucking mega... Just why. Salamance is already pretty good as is, it now gets 1.2x damage AND a counter to fighting, bug, and grass types with even better flying type moves than it originally had. It straight up feels unfair sometimes getting paralyzed right after I dragon dance because from there it's pretty much over unless the other mon has an ice type move as well. It's sad that so many people try to toxic it then fail miserably not taking into consideration Facade's double damage plus the Dragon Dance buffs.

1544326867875.jpeg

Keemstar (Arceus) @ Chople Berry
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Recover

Literally a God, almost everyone has him on their team in one form or another (haha epic joke xd). Arceus is an amazing priority sweeper that wipes almost anything out with ease. The reason I use a Chople Berry and not a plate or z move is because it confirms me to get a swords dance to start sweeping as soon as possible without having to worry about a fighting type move OHKOing it or Marshadows robbing it.

1544325513167.jpeg

Loading... (Ferrothorn) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 164 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Protect

Where do I begin? Ferrothorn is overall in my eyes, the best offensive support mon. Not only does it have an amazing moveset, it also has great typing, a great ability to go with it's defensive aspect and to add onto it's rocky helmet, and amazing stats. It even works well as an attacker having heavy hitting moves like Power Whip and Gyro Ball when you really can't hazard the enemy anymore.

1544326680240.jpeg

Thiccy (Kyogre) @ Blue Orb
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 32 HP / 236 Atk / 64 Def / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

By now you've probably realized the clear error in my team, Groudon. Half of my team being able to be OHKO'd by it means I have to have some sort of defense or counter to it. Kyogre is the only mon I thought would fit that role better than others. Most of my gameplay relies on starting off with Ferrothorn, baiting them out while knowing they'll start off with Groudon to counter my already predictable hazard layer. Then I switch to Kyogre, the fire move does nothing, and I pretty much get a free kill off of the opponent's Groudon, kill a predictable switch-in with a super effective move, or just overall heavily damage a mon with Liquidation.

Anyways one of the major problems I have are stall teams, I've been wondering how to change up my team to counter them and can't really find a way to. It's kinda minor since there's not that many but still. Anyways feedback is appreciated and thanks for reading!

Stoward

Ah, you're finally awake
Hi Maymae,

It's a really cool team you've got there. Mega Salamence is really cool, and honestly a mon that I've been really keen to use, as it even outspeeds most common Choice Scarf users after a single Dragon Dance boost. Ditto is also quite nice for punishing setup sweepers. That said though, I have noticed that your team relies on ditto quite heavily to deal with fast setup sweepers, meaning that in order to combat them, you basically have to sacrifice a Pokemon to do so. The general pace of your team is also quite slow, meaning that you strongly dislike dealing with fast threats such as Marshadow, Mega Gengar and Ultra Necrozma. As you've also mentioned, Primal Groudon is threatening as it forces a lot of switches for you, and Stall is quite irritating for your team. I'm quite a fan of the initial structure that you've got, but I've made a few changes to help combat most of the threats that have been listed here.

MAJOR CHANGES:

>

I had a number of reasons for this change. Part of it was the fact that I disliked having ditto on this squad, also the fact that Primal Groudon has such good synergy with so many Pokemon that are already on your team. It forms a brilliant Fire/Water/Grass Core with Primal Kyogre and Ferrothorn. It also pairs brilliantly with Mega Salamence, as it's able to take on the Steel-types that Mega Salamence dislikes such as such as Celesteela, Skarmory, Ferrothorn, Necrozma-DM and Magearna.

The set I had in mind was an Offensive Support Primal Groudon - a build that I've been quite fond of in USM Ubers. Stealth Rock allows Ferrothorn to run Spikes, which helps punish switches even further. Also unlike Ferrothorn, Primal Groudon is able to set up Stealth Rock on Mega Sableye, as Mega Sableye gets OHKO'd by Overheat, as well as dishing out heavy damage to Support Arceus formes that like to Defog.

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 180 HP / 252 SpA / 76 Spe
Mild Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Overheat
- Rock Tomb

>

Honestly this change was a difficult one to make, as I seem to be putting Choice Scarf Xerneas in every single one of my builds lately, but as I mentioned, this team had a shaky matchup against fast threats such as Ultra Necrozma and Marshadow. I also felt like this team needed a Fairy-type so that Ferrothorn wasn't forced to switch into every Dragon-type attack in the tier. I also can't pass up on the opportunity to give this team an offensive cleric and hazard removal, meaning that you're less affected by teams that try to win by wearing down your team with entry hazards and status.

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Defog
- Aromatherapy

MINOR CHANGES

Only real change I made here was that I got rid of Photon Geyser and added Swords Dance. Photon Geyser doesn't really hit much, so overall I think that the boosted attack stat gives you more offensive presence. Also since you don't have a Z move user, Solgalnium Z seems like a much better item than Weakness Policy, as you're able to OHKO lugia with a +2 Searing Sunraise Smash. I also changed the EVs to have 8 SpD so you can survive any attack from Xerneas after Stealth Rock Damage
Necrozma-Dusk Mane @ Solganium Z
EVs: 248 Atk / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Sunsteel Strike
- Earthquake

Ferrothorn's set really wasn't doing it much favours. Rocky Helmet just made it easier to wear down, and gave protect very little purpose other than scouting for moves and some slight recovery when paired with Leech Seed, so I've changed the item to Leftovers. Also the lack of a Steel-type attack meant that Ferrothorn was quite a shaky check to Xerneas, as you're barely able to 3HKO it, so I placed Gyro Ball in place of Protect.
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

Only change here I made was that I placed Earthquake over Facade. It's not really a mandatory change but since Xerneas acts as a cleric on this team, I didn't really feel the need to have a status absorber. The only thing it really hits is Necrozma-DM as Double-Edge actually hits Primal Groudon harder than Earthquake does, so it's more of an optional choice, but Ground/flying is pretty nice coverage, so it's probably more worthwhile than Facade anyway.

CLOSING NOTES:
It's been a while since I've used Mega Salamence and I honestly feel like it's quite a slept on threat, I'd honestly been meaning to build a team around it myself, but I hadn't gotten round to it yet, so rating your team was a perfect opportunity to use it. This team is still quite weak to Primal Groudon. I'd considered replacing Xerneas with Calm Mind Arceus-Fairy, that way you can still threaten it with Earth Power, but that removes your Speed control, making you much more likely to being revenge killed by faster threats. You certainly have counterplay options, however. Primal Kyogre is EV'd to always survive a Precipice blades from Primal Groudon. Mega Salamence beats all variants other than Mixed Rock Polish - which can be revenge killed as long as Primal Kyogre hasn't taken any chip damage. I won't understate this team's weakness to it though. That said though, there is no individual Pokemon in the Ubers tier that beats every single Primal Groudon set, that's part of what makes it the best Pokemon in the tier. I've provided an importable below. I hope you enjoy using the team!

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Solganium Z
EVs: 248 Atk / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Sunsteel Strike
- Earthquake

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Double-Edge
- Roost
- Earthquake

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

Kyogre @ Blue Orb
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 32 HP / 236 Atk / 64 Def / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 180 HP / 252 SpA / 76 Spe
Mild Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Overheat
- Rock Tomb

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Defog
- Aromatherapy

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)