Basculin-Blue-Striped @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower
- Ice Beam

I like this set because It does really well as a breaker. I run Sueprpower over zen headbutt cause i think it offers better coverage. It all depends on what your team needs. Basculin has a nice speed of base 98 so he outspeeds a nice portion of the meta. Downsides to using him are things like his poor defenses however I don't think he was intended to eat hits, just dish damage and switch if you can. Stealth rock support is nice for this mon cause it helps pick up KOs or punch holes in teams not prepared for him. Granted there are alot of bulky grass types in the tier like torterra but ice beam is there to help balance that out.

i'd love if someone could edit and refine this add like suggested team members and stuff. Be nice please Its my first time posting here.

Attachments

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi! I'm afraid this thread dues not follow the rules for the analysis system, this isn't meant as a place to just post and discuss random sets. If you'd like to reserve an analysis, I recommend reading the thread that explains the process of how to reserve and create an analysis in this subforum before posting or starting a new thread. Basculin also isn't up for reservation at the moment, we're still working on more high priority analyses and Basculin simply isn't very good at the moment. You're welcome to reserve anything off the list though. For now I'll be locking and removing this thread. Welcome to Smogon!

For the record I would probably run a specially biased set in this meta, Basculin is really quite outclassed at the moment by much better waters like Floatzel or Kabutops but that'd at least help it vs things like Qwilfish, Weezing, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)