SM OU Ban this and that and Kommo-o Belly Drum HO! (Druddigon Hazard setter) [2012+]

What is your favorite 'BanDisnDat" account thus far?

• Total voters
Kommo-o HO image.png

Hi Smogon!

The fact that Naganadel was banned remains to be a foregone conclusion. Hence, a legitimate argument could be made about new forms of TR offense (featuring Stakataka), HO(Sticky web and Tapu Koko screens) and Stall teams (Quagsire Amnesia + Curse) being now a force to be reckoned with. Reason being is that I felt the urge of wanting to elevate the Belly Drum + Drain Punch game. At first I intended to elevate the only reliable Belly Drum + Drain Punch user by that time: Chesnaught, but it ended up coming up short due to the fact that it could only outspeed positive natured base 120's by a single point. Upon conducting research, I soon came to realization that Kommo-o have received a major buff in USUM: Drain Punch.

Proof of peak [1933]

Highest score [**2012**]

Proof of peak [2012]

Recent peaks
  • *2012**
Proof of peak [1943]

Proof of peak [1952]

Proof of peak [1968]

Proof of peak [1988]

Proof of peak [2004]

The Team

This team fares pretty well against all kinds of teams ranging from full stall to cancer rain teams to hyper offense, while being particularly effective against both TR offense and Hyper Stall. Like any team it has a fair share of weaknesses and most likely has room for improvement, so rates and feedback are always appreciated. Even with the team's shortcomings, I've managed to stay on high ladder for a chunk of time, but it will all depend on whether the team is run exuberantly well or not.

Team Building Process

Many would speculate that I built this team around Druddigon, but this time around this is not the case, because I believe in Druddigon Hazard Setter being already elevated at least on the Hazard Setter slot. The whole team commenced out of an urge I had about elevating a Belly Drum + Drain Punch attacker (Found out Kommo-o gets Drain Punch in USUM) while STILL making Druddigon look fearful. I soon came to a realization that Druddigon can guarantee hazard when facing stall and prevents Trick Room from happening since it runs Roar and Trick Room has a priority of -7, so will be used after all moves with a normal priority. Also the Kommo-o's set I am running includes substitute, which could help you set up Belly Drum without taking any damage or being affected by status condition. The paralysis caused by Druddigon can help Kommo-o set up Belly Drum smoothly, reason of why this duo comes hand in hand.

Then I thought that it would be convenient to add yet another Pokemon taking advantage of the paralysis. Reason being is that this pokemon could commence the battle picking off frail attackers or bulky slow tempo pokemons by boosting its attack when being subbed. Bisharp is my unique full substitute offense in this team.

Ever since I already had the starting trio of the Hazard Setter + Paralysis in Druddigon, the potent physical attacker that can heal up its own HP in Kommo-o and the potent physical attacker using substitute + boost + Sucker Punch priority in Bisharp, it brought me to the foregone conclusion of wanting to add a potent attacker in the Special attack end that can repel Hawlucha and its borderline broken ability: Unburden and at the same time can help dismantle stall teams in general. In the wake of this I added 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe Xurkitree.

But then I saw that Sticky Web could put this 3 hard hitting attackers at its mercy. Reason being that I added ditto for good. Ditto contributes in copying Sticky Web and cut off the momentum of a boosting opposing pokemon. It can also generates switch outs which can most likely can put you in position to capitalize if you're good at the prediction gamble.

And last but surely not least, Mega Pinsir is my most important line of offense.

-------------------------

Team Breakdown

Kommo-o

Item: Salac berry
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 36 HP / 220 Atk / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly (+Spe, -SpA)
Drain Punch
Thunder Punch / Earthquake
Belly Drum
Substitute

This Hyper Offensive team has been primarily built to showcase Kommo-o's offensive prowess; the rest of the team takes advantage evenly from its capabilities. Its ability Bulletproof is not a very useful bar negating ball and bomb moves, but taking into consideration that it provides immunities, albeit obscure, that may mean the difference between preserving and losing your Substitute. Keep in mind that half of the insane damage you're dealing with Drain Punch is HP gained to increase survivability and extend your sweep. Despite the fact that Earthquakeisn't a Stab move for Kommo-o, it can still hit relatively hard and can take on common fairy, ghost and poison type pokemons such as: Clefable, Tapu Koko, Toxapex, Mimikyu, etc,. While situational, Belly Drum maximizes Kommo-o's Attack stat by raising it to +6 stages while gaining +1 Stage of speed when Salac Berry activates at 1/4 HP after substitute. Thunder Punch can be run over Earthquake to shut down Flying type attackers (Mega Pinsir, Zapdos and Mantine) and Bulky Water types (Tapu Fini, Slowbro and Toxapex).

EV Spread - The 36 EV's in HP yield an HP stat of 300, meaning that your Salac Berry will activate after a Substitute and Belly Drum. At +1, max speed Kommo-o outspeeds the almighty Pheromosaby a single point, giving it the jump on the whole entire tier. This nice speed stat coupled with Kommo-o's respectable uninvested physical and special bulk makes Kommo-o relatively hard to get out from behind the Sub and revenge kill.

**Calcs**

Damage with Drain Punch
+6 220 Atk Kommo-o Drain Punch vs. 200 HP / 0 Def Magearna: 376-444 (107.1 - 126.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
+6 220 Atk Kommo-o Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 216+ Def Landorus-Therian: 168-198 (43.9 - 51.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
+6 220 Atk Kommo-o Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Koko: 864-1018 (307.4 - 362.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
+6 220 Atk Kommo-o Drain Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latios: 255-300 (84.7 - 99.6%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+6 220 Atk Kommo-o Drain Punch vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Zapdos: 240-283 (62.6 - 73.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+6 220 Atk Kommo-o Drain Punch vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 241-285 (72.3 - 85.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+6 220 Atk Kommo-o Drain Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Tapu Bulu: 187-221 (66.5 - 78.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery
+6 220 Atk Kommo-o Drain Punch vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Muk-Alola: 538-634 (130.2 - 153.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+6 220 Atk Kommo-o Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 132+ Def Celesteela: 331-391 (83.1 - 98.2%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Damage with Earthquake
+6 220 Atk Kommo-o Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Tapu Fini: 332-391 (96.7 - 113.9%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
+6 220 Atk Kommo-o Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Toxapex: 418-494 (137.5 - 162.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
+6 220 Atk Kommo-o Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Lele: 478-563 (170.1 - 200.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Damage with Thunder Punch

+6 252 Atk Kommo-o Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Toxapex: 322-380 (105.9 - 125%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+6 252 Atk Kommo-o Thunder Punch vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Tapu Fini: 510-602 (148.6 - 175.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+6 252 Atk Kommo-o Thunder Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Pinsir-Mega: 496-584 (183 - 215.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+6 252 Atk Kommo-o Thunder Punch vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Zapdos: 329-388 (85.9 - 101.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+6 252 Atk Kommo-o Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 216+ Def Slowbro: 402-474 (102 - 120.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+6 252 Atk Kommo-o Thunder Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Lele: 368-434 (130.9 - 154.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+6 252 Atk Kommo-o Thunder Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Koko in Electric Terrain: 249-294 (88.6 - 104.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Ditto

Item: Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Nature: Relaxed (+Def, -Spe)
IVs: 0 Spe
Transform
• None
• None
• None

Ditto's purpose on this team is to patch up the team's terrible weaknesses to Sticky Web, Toxic Spikes and Choice Scarf users. Its ability to handle stall teams by copying recovery, hazard removal, and cleric support makes it a go-to transform for almost any slow pace Knock Off user, most notable: Mega Sableye.
**Mimikyu can also be run in this slot for a more offensive team against Non-Sticky Web teams**

Mimikyu

Item: Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
Play Rough
Shadow Claw
Sword Dance
Shadow Sneak

The haunted decoy. Mimikyu is as amazing as it is kind of awful. Its fearsome STAB Play Roughoften fails to OHKO stuff like Kyurem-B Subzero Slammer and Mega Sableye, while Shadow Claw doesn't even come close to KOing Celesteela or Toxapex at +2 stages of attack. On the other hand, Mimikyu is incredibly manipulative and capable of clearing a path to victory for Kommo-o and the rest of my team. Tissue paper defenses is not very determinative since Mimikyu can act as a blanket check to many threats such as Volcarona and Mega Medicham. Finally, Shadow Sneak compensates Mimikyu's low Speed and is used to revenge kill faster threats.

EV Spread - An Adamant nature enables Mimikyu to do much more damage to Pokemon such as offensive Landorus-T and Celesteela, especially after a Swords Dance, and it is the preferred nature on Sticky Web teams.

Importable
Mimikyu @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak

**This slot can also be occupied by Gengar Choice Scarf to take advantage of the Trick + Cursed Body loop**

Gengar

Item: Choice Scarf
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
Shadow Ball
Sludge Wave
Trick
Focus Blast

Importable
Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Trick
- Focus Blast

Pinsir

Item: Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Nature: Jolly (+Spe, -SpA)
Frustration
Earthquake
Sword Dance
Quick Attack

Mega Pinsir is my Mega of choice, as it counters one of the most common scarf users: Kartana. It seems that standard and common Kartana teams are fully prepared to deal with Xurkitree and Bisharp, whether by being paired with Tapu Koko or running the SD Kartana Set. In the latter situation, Mega Pinsir has nothing to fear and can set up Sword Dance even in the face of Zapdos. When I am forced to set up Sword Dance on Zapdos, I can sacrifice an unwanted member of my team (usually Druddigon) to reliably cripple Zapdos with Z-Hypnosis Xurkitree, often clearing a path for Kommo-o to do whatever it wants. Mega Pinsir is also a reliable check to Disguise Mimikyu and plenty of other physical and special attackers like non-banded Zygarde and non-specs Keldeo. Considering my team can simply plow through opposing stall, Boosting support is an absolute necessity making it very difficult for the low pace team to be patch up the damage that has already been done. Mega Pinsir in itself is actually a fairly decent stall-breaker with nothing to envy from other megas.

Xurkitree

Item: Psychium z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Thunderbolt
Energy Ball
Tail Glow
Hypnosis

Xurkitree's frail bulk limits its attempts of getting a Tail Glow up, as most fairly strong attacks are bound to do a large amount of damage. Furthermore, it possesses a low Speed stat. This means that Tail Glow sets are going to be outsped and taken care of with ease by common Choice Scarf users such as: Latios, Landorus-T, Garchomp, Kartana, etc. It does, however, get access to certain Z-moves that can increase its Speed stat by one stage, including Z-Hypnosis and Z-Electric Terrain. Z-Hypnosis is more noticeable because of its ability to provide Xurkitree with an extra turn to set up a Tail Glow, something it truly appreciates because of its poor bulk. Nonetheless, with Beast Boost raising its Special Attack every time it gets a KO, it's still a potent late-game cleaner. Xurkitree is more notably known for its prosperity when it comes to wear down stall. With that being said, I highly recommend to be opportunist and put yourself in position to connect hypnosis, increase Xurkitree's absurb special attack stat by +3 stages and kick off the sweep spree.

EV Spread - Maximum Speed investment with Timid nature enables Xurkitree to outspeed Timid Mega Alakazam at +1 Speed, and it increases the odds of Xurkitree successfully using Hypnosis against Pokemon that may not invest fully in Speed, such as: Adamant Kyurem-B, Adamant Lando-T, Modest Tapu lele and so on. The given 56 HP to deal with Hawlucha's High Jump Kick, giving it a 18.8% to OHKO after Stealth Rocks damage.

Bisharp

Item: Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
Knock Off
Sucker Punch
Sword Dance
Substitute

Bisharp's purpose on this team is to signal the end of days by going on a rampage and start picking off opposing pokemons with its hard hitting STAB move, a powerfull priotiy move and chanse to boost its attack. Substitute serves to become Bisharp into a go-to set up Substitute + Sword Dance whenever a pokemon is affected by paralysis. The fact bisharp may be getting one SD attempt plus the possibility of remaining subbed (if the opposing pokemon paralyzes 2 times) will only worsen things for your opponent as Bisharp can castigate with Sucker Punch at +2 attack, giving it even more opportunities of extending the sweep. At first glance it may look very situational and luck dependant, but if you show some level of optimism you can definitely benefit from things that cannot be seen on the naked eye.

EV Spread - Maximizes attack to render the additional wallbreaking power provided by an Adamant nature, which is generally a superior option as opposed to Jolly.

Druddigon
Bag_Mental_Herb_Sprite.png
/

Item: Mental Herb / Focus sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Ivs: -19 Atk
Taunt
Glare
Roar
Stealth Rock

This set notoriously cruel to opposing stall teams and TR offense, usually turning the match-up in my favor. Druddigon is capable of setting up Stealth Rock with ease, ever since it has the Mold Breaker ability, which means that both Mega Diancie as Mega Sableye will not prevent Druddigon from setting up hazard effectively . Plus Druddigon has access to Glare, which affects common Ghost-type pokemons too, such as Blacephalon, Mimikyu, Gengar and Mega-Sableye. Ground type pokemons are also affected by Glare paralysis status, so getting to have the likes of Landorus-T, Excadrill and Garchomp paralyzed would only help you set up substitute + SD correctly. Although in Kommo-o's scenario, you will only have a 2 times chanse of the opposing pokemon paralyzing in order for you to take advantage of that gap and take it all. Druddigon is one of the few pokemons that have the privilege of thriving at the Roargame due to the Mold Breaker ability. The non-damaging moves: Taunt+Roar+Glare+Stealth rock can certainly give lots of players an awful fright. This marvelous movepool causes druddigon to perform at its highest, and Druddigon's held item is Focus Sash, meaning you will be enduring all of the 1hko moves while being able to paralyzed pretty much everything except for Electric type pokemon, causing Druddigon to uniquely be outsped by Mega Alakazam when all pokemons are paralyzed and Druddigon's nature is Jolly. Taunt over Gunk shot or Earthquake only to diminish defoggers potential, secure Hazard, negate Toxic Spikes and finally Roar facilitates a plausible multiple paralysis as Druddigon glare spam the upcoming pokemons. **Take in mind that the goal is not to paralyze as much pokemons as you can, if not to put yourself in a favorable position; meaning it is suggested to leave the opposing pokemon paralyzed as opposed to being Roar spamming**

EV Spread - 252 HP provides Druddigon with endurance to hard hitting moves. 252 Spe and Timid nature enables Druddigon to outspeed fast pokemons under the 146 BS Spe. Timid nature and 19 Atk Ivs to diminish Foul Play damage.

**Before BP was banned from the OU tier, Druddigon was once run as the main Hazard Setter of the Popular Druddigon BP. It's game was able to disrupt Stall. The paralysis caused by Druddigon helped Scolipede to make use of the Speed boost ability smoothly and passed this augmented speed stages to the next sweeper on the line**

Druddigon BP [Not available in the OU Metagame]

Importable
Necrozma @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stored Power
- Moonlight
- Calm Mind
- Iron Defense

Scolipede (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Speed Boost
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Baton Pass
- Megahorn
- Protect
- Substitute

Manaphy @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 16 HP / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Energy Ball
- Tail Glow
- Ice Beam

Espeon (F) @ Kee Berry
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stored Power
- Morning Sun
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Thunder Punch
- Swords Dance
- Fire Fang

Druddigon (M) @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
IVs: 19 Atk
- Taunt
- Glare
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Threats

Ash-Greninja

I normally don't allow Greninja to transform into Ash-Greninja, but if by any chance it does, make sure to gamble pretty well the Ditto usage. Plus you opt to paralyze Ash-greninja with Glare from Druddigon. Kommo-o is the one to be sent out to make front to Ash-Greninja, as it gets a free substitute since greninja can't help but switch out against Kommo-o.

Mega-Pinsir

I highly recommend to keep Ditto on the shelf because it can potentially cripples Mega-Pinsir and disrupt its augmented attack. If Mega Pinsir is being coupled with a Sticky Web user, your best asnwer is to switch into Ditto when the Sticky Web user is on the battlefield, this way you can set up Sticky Web as well as your team benefits equally from the speed drop on the opponent's side of the field.

Hawlucha

In this case, it is suggested that you manage to make as much damage as you can to shorten Hawlucha's HP, so that you cripple Hawlucha with priotity moves in Quick Attack from Mega Pinsir and Sucker Punch from Bisharp. Once all of that has passed, in a 1v1 match the pokemon to switch in to is Xurkitree, as its 56 HP would allow it to wall a single hit from HJK after rocks damage and so that Xurkitree can pick off Hawlucha with ease using Thunderbolt. Ditto would be useless against Hawlucha as Unburden give the opposing Hawlucha the jump on Choice Scarf Ditto.

Tapu Lele (Choice Scarf)

Against Tapu Lele is always advised to cripple it with Glare, as some Tapu Leles will want to diminish Druddigon's possibilities of setting up Hazard. If not so, make sure to set up rocks, as it will be contantly switching it will be taking damage and ditto can cripple Tapu Lele Choice Scarf in many occasions once it is weakened. Also there are times when Tapu Lele locks up into a psychic type move, enabling Bisharp to switch in and safely get a free substitute as Tapu Lele can't help but switch out.

Magearna (Trick Room)
In worst case scenario, if Magearna uses Trick Room, what you can do is you can gamble a little bit by sending out different pokemons (depending on its cruciality) as Trick Room turns comsume. Ditto is highly recommended to be sent out as it castigates Magearna enough as to put her in position be defeated by Earthquake from Pinsir. This set of Magearna can also be crippled by using Z-Hipnosys from Xurkitree.

Tapu Koko
The way I handle Tapu Koko is would normally send out Xurkitree (since it is unable to use Z-Hypnosis due to Electric Terrain) and try to shorten Tapu Koko's HP the most I can. After that, priotity moves from Bisharp and Pinsir would get the job done. Other way to finish Tapu Koko up is to take advantage while Tapu Koko is not on the field and try to set up Belly Drum Kommo-o on stuff like Ferrothorn, Ash-Greninja and Pelipper.

Replays

With Xurkitree/Ditto
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-668188674
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-668063420
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-667153572
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-666176315
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-666160736

With Mimikyu/Xurkitree
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-667153572
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-667121458
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-667119012
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-667111662
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-667103200
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-667101461
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-667099399

With Tapu Koko/Hawlucha
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-666651106
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-666558825
With Gengar/Xurkitree
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-665960174
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-665936590
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-665911695
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-665903400
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-665760013
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-665746172

**Importable**

Timid Nature
IVs: -19 Atk
- Taunt
- Glare
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

Xurkitree @ Psychium Z
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball
- Tail Glow
- Hypnosis

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Quick Attack

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Transform

Kommo-o @ Salac Berry
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Belly Drum
- Substitute

Shoutouts

DianaZaldivar❤

CamilaCruz❤

storm zone

manols

Crime♡

annakartana0

dia_sre

Fantastic_fuego

ilosetostalloroffense

Idud

nintendonoah

ZombieFriedChicken

Predator 30

Dark Elegy

hkjjljih

Austin Whitaker

StayHighAllTheTime

Variants of the team

Kommo-o Belly drum HO - [Featuring Omastar Hazard setter + Zygarde Iapapa + Azelf screens][Brand new variant!][Do not miss out!]
1515900520076.png
1515900409003.png
1515909026015.png

Importable

Omastar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Weak Armor
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Spikes
- Shell Smash
- Stealth Rock

Zygarde @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 160 HP / 216 Atk / 28 SpD / 104 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Coil
- Dragon Dance

Azelf @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- U-turn

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Quick Attack

Xurkitree @ Psychium Z
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball
- Tail Glow
- Hypnosis

Kommo-o @ Salac Berry
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Belly Drum
- Substitute

Kommo-o Belly Drum HO - [Featuring Mimikyu]

Importable
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Glare
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

Xurkitree @ Psychium Z
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball
- Tail Glow
- Hypnosis

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Quick Attack

Kommo-o @ Salac Berry
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Belly Drum
- Substitute

Kommo-o Belly Drum HO [Gengar]

Importable
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Glare
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

Xurkitree @ Psychium Z
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball
- Tail Glow
- Hypnosis

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Trick
- Focus Blast

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Quick Attack

Kommo-o @ Salac Berry
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Belly Drum
- Substitute

Kommo-o Belly Drum HO [Tapu Koko + Hawlucha Core]

Importable
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Glare
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
- Taunt
- U-turn

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- High Jump Kick
- Drain Punch

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Quick Attack

Kommo-o @ Salac Berry
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Belly Drum
- Substitute

Kommo-o Belly Drum Sun Team[Rates and feedback are appreciated] [UPDATED]

BluntSpear contributed

Replay
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-668905182
Importable
Kartana @ Normalium Z
Timid Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Swords Dance
- Giga Impact

Cresselia @ Heat Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Ice Beam
- Moonlight
- Lunar Dance
- Sunny Day

Houndoom @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
- Flame Charge

Victreebel @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Modest Nature
- Solar Beam
- Weather Ball
- Growth
- Sleep Powder

Torkoal @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

Kommo-o @ Salac Berry
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Belly Drum
- Substitute

Kommo-o Belly Drum Rain Team [Rates and Feedbacks are appreciated] [UPDATED]
1513696280525.png

Importable
Swampert @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Power-Up Punch

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 32 Def / 228 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Kartana @ Steelium Z
Timid Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword
- Swords Dance

Uxie @ Red Card
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 140 SpD
Impish Nature
- Memento
- Rain Dance
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Kommo-o @ Salac Berry
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Belly Drum
- Substitute

The flip side of the coin...

Kyurem Hyper Stall (Peaked #8)[1998]

Importable

Skarmory (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Defog
- Spikes

Toxapex (F) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 194 Def / 62 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Sableye (M) @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
Impish Nature
- Protect
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Knock Off

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Kyurem @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 132 SpD
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Roost
- Substitute
- Earth Power

Proof of peak
1515097039549.png

Double Blob Hyper Stall (Peaked #13)[1970]
1515097472906.png
1515097576051.png

Importable

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
Impish Nature
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Defog
- Spikes

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Chansey @ Eviolite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 194 Def / 62 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze

Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
Impish Nature
- Protect
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Knock Off

Blissey @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Wish
- Heal Bell

Proof of peak
1515097955162.png

Attachments

Last edited:
This team is super funny. Watching the replays it's pretty much team never switch. Run full steam with whats in and kill as much as you can, when it dies, look at what killed it and pick the next thing that can set up on what the enemy has in currently and then continue bulldozing down the enemy with that.
One question tho. A lot of times when Druddigon already has rocks set up and the enemy paralyzed you just keep using glare ( I assume expecting a switch maybe ) instead of roar, even when you have more then one turns to live with it still, so it would survive roaring the enemy. Why is that? Roaring the paralyzed mon out to get some stealth rock damage rolling and the potentially paralyzing a second mon that way sounds more fun to me, and if the enemy did switch then you get double the rocks damage and whatever the enemy wanted to switch to didn't stick to the field.

Edit: Thinking about it, I guess it's cause you wanna just guarantee that whatever is in when Druddigon dies is paralyzed so you can start setting up on it.

This team is super funny. Watching the replays it's pretty much team never switch. Run full steam with whats in and kill as much as you can, when it dies, look at what killed it and pick the next thing that can set up on what the enemy has in currently and then continue bulldozing down the enemy with that.
One question tho. A lot of times when Druddigon already has rocks set up and the enemy paralyzed you just keep using glare ( I assume expecting a switch maybe ) instead of roar, even when you have more then one turns to live with it still, so it would survive roaring the enemy. Why is that? Roaring the paralyzed mon out to get some stealth rock damage rolling and the potentially paralyzing a second mon that way sounds more fun to me, and if the enemy did switch then you get double the rocks damage and whatever the enemy wanted to switch to didn't stick to the field.

Edit: Thinking about it, I guess it's cause you wanna just guarantee that whatever is in when Druddigon dies is paralyzed so you can start setting up on it.
This is something that needs a lot of explaining and I am very glad that someone finally brought that up. The reason of me playing stubborn and wanting to glare spam is because if have always been intending to put myself in position to capitalize the best way possible. Normally I'd rather use Roar against Stall and TR. In Stall, Roar + Glare is appreciated since you want those t h i c c pokemons to struggle to recover, and also Roar cripples a lot Shedinja Stall. Against TR, Roar assures you that Trick will never activate as Trick Room Trick Room has a priority of -7. In TR, substitute can pretty much win you the battle, as you can scout and ultimately sweep with either of the substitute users. I'd say that both Bisharp Substitute as Kommo-o Belly Drum are excellent when facing TR. In Stall, the most effective pokemon is Xurkitree.

Tokyo Sonata

formerly Toanyone
When SM went out Kommo-o was my favorite. But I never gave it to him because I think he does not have a presence in OU. Now I have seen in some repetitions the good use that you give with a creative set. You had a great idea. It is true that the team is very fun, but sometimes this works and here it is being seen. The incorporation of Ditto is very necessary to not be so vulnerable since it is very offensive. The work of Xurkitree as it opens gaps with that Z hypno is ridiculous. In summary, it shows that in good hands this team fun can reach high. It is also true that a rival of what I saw in reps could win but in the end by not making a change in the last turns he escaped. Congratulations, it's clear that you've been moving around with that for a while. You even win without SR on the first turn, haha.

GMars

It's ya boy GEEEEEEEEMARS
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The optimal nature for ditto is Relaxed (+Def -Spe) so you don't automatically lose the struggle scenario. I suggest running this over Bold.

Reactions: dk
There is one interesting thing tho that I'd love to see from you. Kommo-o is right now still in RU ( I think it was PU not long ago but I might remember wrong ). Could you remake this team concept for the RU tier, I mean if Kommo-o can punch holes into OU teams, what could it do to an RU team? Would be funny to see.

When SM went out Kommo-o was my favorite. But I never gave it to him because I think he does not have a presence in OU. Now I have seen in some repetitions the good use that you give with a creative set. You had a great idea. It is true that the team is very fun, but sometimes this works and here it is being seen. The incorporation of Ditto is very necessary to not be so vulnerable since it is very offensive. The work of Xurkitree as it opens gaps with that Z hypno is ridiculous. In summary, it shows that in good hands this team fun can reach high. It is also true that a rival of what I saw in reps could win but in the end by not making a change in the last turns he escaped. Congratulations, it's clear that you've been moving around with that for a while. You even win without SR on the first turn, haha.
Due to your heartwarming comments, I will dedicate the following replay to you: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-670771326
It showcases Kommo-o's devastating power. The addition of ditto and Xurkitree comes hand in hand. Ditto can cripple Sticky Web offense and Stall (when Choice Scarf has been knocked off). Xurkitree dismantles stall (With SR up) plane and simple.

The optimal nature for ditto is Relaxed (+Def -Spe) so you don't automatically lose the struggle scenario. I suggest running this over Bold.
Oh wow thanks a whole lot for that reminder!!! I had the correct Ditto set on the IMPORTABLE but forgot to edit it on the main rmt Ditto's set :/ So it's safe to say that players have been running Ditto properly thuis far :D

What I find so great is that Ferrothorn just equals free setup fodder for Kommo-o as he is immune to gyro ball. Surprisingly he synergises well with druddigon and druddigon does well in many matchups. Many games im able to get 2 or 3 mons on the enemy team paralyzed and chipped from rocks before he goes down, and that just helps the rest of my team. I really like the hawlucha team, and im interested in seeing how the rain one performs.

What I find so great is that Ferrothorn just equals free setup fodder for Kommo-o as he is immune to gyro ball. Surprisingly he synergises well with druddigon and druddigon does well in many matchups. Many games im able to get 2 or 3 mons on the enemy team paralyzed and chipped from rocks before he goes down, and that just helps the rest of my team. I really like the hawlucha team, and im interested in seeing how the rain one performs.
Kommo-o BD is a go-to set up on Ferrothorn, Mega Venusaur, Toxapex (Gamble Haze which can be done pretty easily), Blacephalon, Gastrodon, Tapu bulu, Tangrowth and stuff like that. Although it can be crippled at times by Unaware ability and pokemon having as held item Scarf. On the other hand, Druddigon fares extraordinarily well when facing TR and Full Stall. Druddigon also has a chanse of giving this team free turns to set up by paralyzing opposing pokemons with glare, reasonm being that I added 2 Substitute users, to take advantage of this gap, and till this day many would describe this as luck dependant, but an overly offensive team being given free turns to set up is something that would want to use to raise the bar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)