SM OU Balanced Heatran/Venusaur-M (~1600)

Hey guys !

Introduction

It's my first RMT! I usually am bad in team building so I am surprised how well this team works and I'd like to know if we can improve it together :)
Also, I am not that good so I believe you guys can reach higher ladder with the team.

Teambuilding Process

So I started with Heatran as dugtrio is no longer a threat in the metagame. It is a very solid pokemon with a strong double type and a great movepool

Then, willing to play balanced, I thought the correct Mega would be Venusaur. Also, Venusaur tanks the water attacks Heatran doesn't (ground as well but tnot that much) and Heatran tanks the ice, fire and the flying attacks for Venusaur**

As 2 of thos pokemons hit on the specs, I wanted a solid physical attacker. Mimikiyu is interesting as it is immune to fight type (except M-lopunny of couse) and deals with dragon, psy and ghost type

Another answer to fight type pokemon + M-Pinsir + defoger and earthquake of course

Because Lando has to be in the team ;)

A good old ash greninja to sweep in the late game is always appreciated, right?

The Team

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 220 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Magma Storm
- Toxic
- Protect
- Earth Power
Heatran is basically in the core of the team. I play it SpD as it can tank all range of threat such as tapu lele (not fightium Z), Latios, magnezone, magearna.... It can also trapa toxapex and kill it with vortex magma and earth power. It also baits Landorus and zygard so you can toxic them and then protect in order to get cheap damage and put them on a time bombe. the protect ability is also good to spot the attack of a scarf/band/specs pokemon.

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 156 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power [Fire]
M-Venusaur is THE answer to Greninja and water types in general. Sludge bombe deals with the tapus and tangrowth. HP fire is to play it safe, in case Heatran dies (I chose it over giga drain after trying both). Leech Seed is a spammable move that improves recovery of Venusaur and works great with Heatran's toxic (against a Lando or a Zygarde for instance).

Mimikyu @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak
- Play Rough
- Swords Dance
Mimikyu is an answer to the fighting types, dragon types, psy types, dark and ghost types. It is critical to kill fighting and psy pokemons for the team to work so Moonblast the hell out of them or Z-Move them ! Also a great answer to Greninja and Tyranitar. (I thought about playing it red card but Z move is not really played on Mimikyu, so it surpises some players and you can kill a few excadrills like that)

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Defog
- Heat Wave
- Roost
Defoger is very important as Venusar and Heatran need to regain health constantly. I choose Zapdos as it can tank a few attacks, put some pokemons in the corner (M-Pinsir, Celesteela,...) and wall Landorus or Hawlucha.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
Stealth rock and scarf?! Hell Yeah ! Leading with Lando, putting the stealth rock then switching out to another pokemon actually baits the opponent into thinking the Landorus is not scarfed. Then you can explode on major threats or eartquake some steel, electric, fire pokemon or just grounded pokemon. U-turn is in order not to lose momentum (some pple would advise stone edge or HP ice and I do agree with them too)

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes
Here the wallbreaker/end game sweeper. Choice specs Greninja deals insane damages and is only tanked by Tapu Bulu, tangrowth and (partially) toxapex, especially when it is Ash greninja. I would use it in late game or in anticipation. Spikes are interesting if you forecast a tanrowth or a tapu bulu to come on the field, adding a layer always helps the end game.

Conclusion

I have never been so high in the ladder right now and I am really happy about the team, I enjoy playing it and I guess a good player would have a great success with this team. I also think there is room to improve the team, for instance, I am not Rain team proof. So I'd be happy to hear about your feedback and see your inputs on the team !

Cheers buddies !

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 220 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Toxic
- Protect
- Earth Power

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 156 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Mimikyu @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Disguise
Jolly Nature
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak
- Play Rough
- Swords Dance

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Defog
- Heat Wave
- Roost

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

Suggestion(s)
  • Make lando-t z fly and mimikyu life orb. what this does is lure grass types for ash-greninja while it weakening bulky water types like toxapex ,mantine ,etc.
  • Tyranitar over zapdos: your team doesnt really need defog while hazards do bother mega venu the rest of the team is fine with them. also ttar checks pinsir and volcorona(z bug buzz could be an issue depending on coverage) for your team while also pursuit trapping psychic types coming in on mega venusaur.
  • heatran set edited below(optional)
  • Team with edits: http://pokepast.es/9a568fa445800bfb Alternate: http://pokepast.es/340bc27941bb9fed
  • The teams belong to the owner and i do not take the my edits for my own use thank you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)