BH Balanced Hackmons

Hey, since it seems like you're improving and just don't really know what the best options are at times, I may as well drop a small bit of advice on these sets.

I'm guessing the reason for this is its innate Imposter-proofability, right? Makes sense, but I wouldn't really recommend leading with it... this seems more like a cleaner set to be honest that you'd use when the opponent is weak.
First off, I would slash Sing over Hypnosis. Both are valid options, but Sing allows you to get past Substitutes... at the cost of Soundproof blocking it completely. Whichever one you want to run is your call, and in the long run it probably won't make a difference.
Assuming you want to keep its capabilities to set up, I'd run Modest with Shell Smash instead of Tail Glow. Deo-A is already frail as-is anyway, and this allows you to get past certain cheesy scarfers. In addition, this lets your coverage moves OHKO Imposter reliably, which is something I'll get into now...
The last moves are suboptimal, in my honest opinion. Dream Eater is a bad move in general, and Dark Pulse... wouldn't have the best coverage. I'd recommend replacing this with Zap Cannon. Paralysis can be nice against some things instead of putting them to sleep. Plus, the most common Dark types in the tier, Yveltal and Mega-Gyarados, get bopped by it, which is always nice. Psystrike over Psycho Boost would be preferred either way, though. A -2 Deo-A is not a good Deo-A.
If you want to run Modest smash, Modest nature will allow this to OHKO any Imposter that gets sent in on it. I mean, sure, Naive already secures a high roll (252 SpA Deoxys-Attack Zap Cannon vs. 248 HP / 0- SpD Eviolite Impostered Deoxys-Attack: 657-773 (93.4 - 109.9%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO) but Modest is guaranteed. The only thing you're really missing out on with this speed tier is Timid MMY and some scarfers (Base 90s like PDon which will get banned probably), but Smash, assuming you will pick this option, will allow you to outspeed anyway.
If you want to get rid Tail Glow and Shell Smash entirely for more of a nuking set (which is probably the better option), run Blizzard over Tail Glow to hit bulky Dragons like Giratina and Zygarde-C that would otherwise take on Psychic STAB + Zap Cannon really well. If this were MMY, I'd suggest Inferno, but Deoxys-A relies on its Sash, so Inferno isn't a good option.

I see you're trying out an Imposter-proof MRay set. Unfortunately, Scarf Imposter will decimate it anyways by clicking Draco Meteor and combo'ing that into you clicking X. morogrim ran a (relatively) Improof contrary MRay that completely decimated me, so I'm going to repost it here and recommend that you try running it instead. (I never got to see the natures or the 4th move so if I get these wrong please correct)
Rayquaza-Mega @ Draco Plate
Ability: Contrary
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- V-create
- Judgment
- Leaf Storm
- Sunsteel Strike

Only change I'd make here is either Icicle Crash (deals with Giratina, Zygarde-C), Thousand Arrows (deals with Registeel, Aegislash), or Knock Off (deals with Giratina somewhat, Aegislash) over Double-Edge. Otherwise you get walled by things in parentheses that you don't hit.

This was so close to being perfect and that one change needed is Unburden over Speed Boost. That way you can Imprison on the Imposter before they can, 100% of the time.

Lopunny-Mega isn't really very good in this format, and to be honest I would swap this out with something that can take on threats to the remaining 5 members of your team. Perhaps this could be an Imposter Chansey or some other bulky thing (Poison Heal Giratina, Fur Coat Chansey, Magic Bounce M-Audino, Prankster Registeel, etc. depending on what you seem to be struggling with). If it's the latter, it can serve as a soft check to some members of your team and also as a slow pivot to get other members in safely. I would highly recommend giving it Defog though no matter what you select if it's the latter. That way Deo-A can get in safely later on into the match and clean assuming Sash isn't broken.

Don't forget EVs and Nature imo. Otherwise good enough, Choice Specs > Life Orb every time though

All in all it was much better than your defensive one... I'd recommend doing a bit more research and thought into "what can check or counter what" before slapping random mons on the team, though. It even seems quite weak to just casual U-turn since 3 mons are weak to it, so... watch out for that.
Thanks! The help was appreciated! Just saying this team is fully offensive, so it would be unlikely for me to put un-offensive pokemon in there or un-offensive moves. But the help/suggestions was still good!

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
So, I have been running this for a while in suspect ladder...

Zekrom @ Electrium Z / Terrain Extender / Magnet
Ability: Electric Surge
Naive Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Volt Switch
- Soak
- Roost / Leech Seed / Whatever

Zekrom was immediately the first thing I decided to experiment on as soon as Pdon was gone. I thought about using Sheer Force set which can lure Zygarde-C and stuff but its Sp.Atk, while usable is very disappointing even with LO + SF, so I decided to run Electric Surge which lets Zekrom do something like this:

252 Atk Zekrom Bolt Strike vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Audino-Mega in Electric Terrain: 240-283 (58.5 - 69%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Zekrom Bolt Strike vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Registeel in Electric Terrain: 211-249 (57.9 - 68.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Zekrom Bolt Strike vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Solgaleo in Electric Terrain: 268-316 (56 - 66.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Zekrom Bolt Strike vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Rayquaza-Mega in Electric Terrain: 280-330 (67.6 - 79.7%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Zekrom Bolt Strike vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Kyogre-Primal in Electric Terrain: 276-326 (68.3 - 80.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Probably the raw power is still disappointing even after those boosts, but 2HKOing those common walls seem p nice to me. I listed Electrium Z and Magnet for a reason. Also it can Soak on stuff like Giratina and Zygarde-C and

252 Atk Zekrom Bolt Strike vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Giratina in Electric Terrain: 452-534 (89.6 - 105.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Zekrom Gigavolt Havoc (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Zygarde-Complete in Electric Terrain: 528-624 (83 - 98.1%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

The biggest issue with this set is probably Imposter, because even if you Soak fat 'mon in the switch they can just switch to Imposter which takes 1/4 damage from Zekrom's attacks. In my case I run dedicated check like Volt Absorb Gyarados with Anchor Shot which does p nice job handling the rest of the meta (namely Volt Switch MMY and Galvanize Zekrom with Draco Plate).

Just sharing this set because I think Zekrom can be unique wallbreaker by being one of the only viable Electric-types and providing team with Electric Terrain support which is nice if you have to stop Psychic Surge spam in emergency and also is a remedy to sleep haters who scream
to Lovely Kiss / Spore spams. Anyways, I pair this guy with FakeSpeed Diancie which can now freely enjoy good times from Gen 6 because who runs Dazzling anyway.

Core:
upload_2017-9-14_16-4-31.png

Oh, Steelium Z Gyarados is real shit because it kills +Def Audino with Stealth Rock + Anchor Shot + Corkscrew Crash. Sweet

Edit: Don't run 2 Z-crystals lol this is just sample

You guys can share your sets too... I'm bored

Last edited:
You all know Normalize Gengar - and you know its flaws: it can't take any hits and if it tries to entrain a pokemon with Magic Bounce + Knock Off, Trickeroo, Revelation Dance, Judgment or a Z-Move, it is pretty much dead. However, there also exists a Normalize abuser without those flaws: Giratina. To prevent being killed, you have to 2HKO it or, if you get hit by Anchor Shot on the switch, you need to 1HKO it. If it tries to entrain a "wrong" pokemon, it survives the incoming hit easily so that you can either just click Recover or switch out to another mon and try again later.
However, you need to deal with opposing ghosts, as they wall Normalize Giratina completely. Stuff like Pursuit Ttar/Gyarados can help with this problem.

Giratina @ Safety Goggles / Griseous Orb
Ability: Normalize
Calm Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Entrainment / Skill Swap
- Anchor Shot
- Perish Song

If you find Magic Bounce users annoying, you can also run Skill Swap over Entrainment, and if you fear Trickeroo more than Spore, you can also run a Griseous Orb instead of Goggles. Other possibilities include Core Enforcer (can now hit fairies), Spectral Thief (can now hit normal-types), Defog to remove hazards the trapped mon tries to get up, Spite to deplete the opponent's PP faster when you can't defeat it with repeated Anchor Shots and Substitute to block status.

You all know Normalize Gengar - and you know its flaws: it can't take any hits and if it tries to entrain a pokemon with Magic Bounce + Knock Off, Trickeroo, Revelation Dance, Judgment or a Z-Move, it is pretty much dead. However, there also exists a Normalize abuser without those flaws: Giratina. To prevent being killed, you have to 2HKO it or, if you get hit by Anchor Shot on the switch, you need to 1HKO it. If it tries to entrain a "wrong" pokemon, it survives the incoming hit easily so that you can either just click Recover or switch out to another mon and try again later.
However, you need to deal with opposing ghosts, as they wall Normalize Giratina completely. Stuff like Pursuit Ttar/Gyarados can help with this problem.

Giratina @ Safety Goggles / Griseous Orb
Ability: Normalize
Calm Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Entrainment / Skill Swap
- Anchor Shot
- Perish Song

If you find Magic Bounce users annoying, you can also run Skill Swap over Entrainment, and if you fear Trickeroo more than Spore, you can also run a Griseous Orb instead of Goggles. Other possibilities include Core Enforcer (can now hit fairies), Spectral Thief (can now hit normal-types), Defog to remove hazards the trapped mon tries to get up, Spite to deplete the opponent's PP faster when you can't defeat it with repeated Anchor Shots and Substitute to block status.
That's a cool giratina set, if you wanted to make it more offensive you could run Revelation Dance to threaten ghosts but it's not really an offensive mon so perish song looks good. The only problem is Imposter can switch in for free as much as it likes so you should probably run some imposter trapping (mmy + krookodile) or some kind of lure to kill imposter first.
I'd probably use Thousand Waves due to the higher base power but I suppose there might be a situation where audino magic bounces you or something and doing 25% to it with anchor shot is good but I can't see that making much difference either way (you deal approximately 0 damage regardless).

That's a cool giratina set, if you wanted to make it more offensive you could run Revelation Dance to threaten ghosts but it's not really an offensive mon so perish song looks good. The only problem is Imposter can switch in for free as much as it likes so you should probably run some imposter trapping (mmy + krookodile) or some kind of lure to kill imposter first.
I'd probably use Thousand Waves due to the higher base power but I suppose there might be a situation where audino magic bounces you or something and doing 25% to it with anchor shot is good but I can't see that making much difference either way (you deal approximately 0 damage regardless).
anchor shot can still hit flying if you are hit by core enforcer

Worth noting, you can go Giratina-O if you wanna go to an in-between stage between Giratina and Gengar. More power than the former and more bulk than the latter, so it can mimic Gengar's offensive Normalize sets.

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
So, I have been running this for a while in suspect ladder...

Zekrom @ Electrium Z / Terrain Extender / Magnet
Ability: Electric Surge
Naive Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Volt Switch
- Soak
- Roost / Leech Seed / Whatever

Zekrom was immediately the first thing I decided to experiment on as soon as Pdon was gone. I thought about using Sheer Force set which can lure Zygarde-C and stuff but its Sp.Atk, while usable is very disappointing even with LO + SF, so I decided to run Electric Surge which lets Zekrom do something like this:

252 Atk Zekrom Bolt Strike vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Audino-Mega in Electric Terrain: 240-283 (58.5 - 69%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Zekrom Bolt Strike vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Registeel in Electric Terrain: 211-249 (57.9 - 68.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Zekrom Bolt Strike vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Solgaleo in Electric Terrain: 268-316 (56 - 66.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Zekrom Bolt Strike vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Rayquaza-Mega in Electric Terrain: 280-330 (67.6 - 79.7%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Zekrom Bolt Strike vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Kyogre-Primal in Electric Terrain: 276-326 (68.3 - 80.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Probably the raw power is still disappointing even after those boosts, but 2HKOing those common walls seem p nice to me. I listed Electrium Z and Magnet for a reason. Also it can Soak on stuff like Giratina and Zygarde-C and

252 Atk Zekrom Bolt Strike vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Giratina in Electric Terrain: 452-534 (89.6 - 105.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Zekrom Gigavolt Havoc (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Zygarde-Complete in Electric Terrain: 528-624 (83 - 98.1%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

The biggest issue with this set is probably Imposter, because even if you Soak fat 'mon in the switch they can just switch to Imposter which takes 1/4 damage from Zekrom's attacks. In my case I run dedicated check like Volt Absorb Gyarados with Anchor Shot which does p nice job handling the rest of the meta (namely Volt Switch MMY and Galvanize Zekrom with Draco Plate).

Just sharing this set because I think Zekrom can be unique wallbreaker by being one of the only viable Electric-types and providing team with Electric Terrain support which is nice if you have to stop Psychic Surge spam in emergency and also is a remedy to sleep haters who scream
to Lovely Kiss / Spore spams. Anyways, I pair this guy with FakeSpeed Diancie which can now freely enjoy good times from Gen 6 because who runs Dazzling anyway.

Core:
View attachment 88146

Oh, Steelium Z Gyarados is real shit because it kills +Def Audino with Stealth Rock + Anchor Shot + Corkscrew Crash. Sweet

Edit: Don't run 2 Z-crystals lol this is just sample

You guys can share your sets too... I'm bored
hi

for your zekrom set i'd personally recommend running dragon tail maybe over volt switch. it seems like it would struggle vs guys like giratina + imposter combo because they can just switch stall you out of bolt strike. why do you have volt switch anyway? anchor shot also sounds like a good option to bop zygarde but it might not do well vs u turn sets unfortunately

you told us to share our sets too so here's something i got

about a month ago i was chilling in the om room. i was bored and didn't have any ideas for heat sets so i asked the room if they had anything and esteemed other metagames enthusiast jasprose hit me up with !randpoke ubers and this guy came out

the guys in the om room were wondering how one could use mega mence in bh. it was a bit faster and bulkier than mega ray, but completely dwarfed in terms of raw power. i didn't really see a niche for it so i gave up and built rattlepass instead

about a week ago, i was walking to school and my mind drifted back to mega mence. i thought to myself "what if there was a way to use mence defensively?" and the idea of regen vest kind of came to me.

i'd always been fascinated by the idea of a fast regenerator user with an offensive presence, because they only needed to take one hit from an offensive mon before they forced it out, and they could consistently check it without needing to recover and lose momentum.

here was the set i settled on:

investments (Salamence-Mega) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Calm / Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Mirror Coat
- Dragon Tail / Core Enforcer / Revelation Dance / filler
- Dragon Tail / Core Enforcer / Revelation Dance / Oblivion Wing / Sunsteel Strike / filler

u turn is pretty much mandatory on all regen vest users. mirror coat sounded fun to smack stuff like moonblast sheer force mmy, and its negative priority + damage is also useful to discourage core enforcers. last 2 are whatever you want. dragon tail hits those guys trying to get momentum "slow u turn" nice try. (also can i just say that if your opponent is going for a slow u turn, mence is really good to switch in on it, because it beats most of the slow breakers and wears down the others with its fast u turn) core enforcer is kinda outclassed by revelation dance but if you already have a normalize answer go for it. revelation dance hits gengar ofc. mence's spdef isn't the best but it's still a better normalize check than solgaleo. oblivion wing threatens mega blaziken from which you can live a hit (252 Atk Choice Band Tinted Lens Blaziken-Mega V-create vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Salamence-Mega: 338-398 (85.7 - 101%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO). this might not look that impressive but it's the difference between a sack and a check. sunsteel is cool for diancie (you live lo speed and you're faster) as well as shed.

timid outruns some guys like ray but calm lives specs mmy's psycho boost (mence shouldn't be your primary mmy switchin lol but this prevents it from being forced out) and still outspeeds the base 100 mons. mence 2fast

here's a replay http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmonssuspecttest-632175936

honestly i don't think this is that good of a set but it seemed cool and worth sharing.

how about you? what kind of cool sets have you been using lately? i want to see what you've got!

can we just end this Kartana in bh meme? it has a bad STAB combination, a fairly bad speed tier, god awful bulk and its saving grace, it's huge attack stat, is still worse than MMX and Mega Heracross's.

Last edited:
can we just end this Kartana in bh meme? it has a bad STAB combination, a fairly bad speed tier, god awful bulk and its saving grace, it's huge attack stat, is still worse than MMX and Mega Heracross's.
It's not a meme though, like at all? Unlike MMX, Kartana has two stabs with high BP moves; this means that unlike MMX who has a basically useless psychic type, it can use both sunsteel strike and power Whip. Furthermore, it has a nice defensive type over MMx, in that its not weak to -ate and can thus run a belly drum set that's not instantly revenged, and several other minor buffs that give it a solid niche.

can we just end this Kartana in bh meme? it has a bad STAB combination, a fairly bad speed tier, god awful bulk and its saving grace, it's huge attack stat, is still worse than MMX and Mega Heracross.
Laughs in 2HKO half of the walls in the meta by only using Sunsteel Strike and forced switches

252+ Atk Choice Band Steelworker Kartana Sunsteel Strike vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 688-810 (97.8 - 115.2%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO (FC chansey, but Sunsteel breaks that)
252+ Atk Choice Band Steelworker Kartana Sunsteel Strike vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Celesteela: 201-237 (50.5 - 59.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (add SR to 2HKO on Def+)
252+ Atk Choice Band Steelworker Kartana Sunsteel Strike vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Giratina: 330-388 (65.4 - 76.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Steelworker Kartana Sunsteel Strike vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Zygarde-Complete: 328-387 (51.5 - 60.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Steelworker Kartana Sunsteel Strike vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Audino-Mega: 633-750 (154.3 - 182.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Steelworker Kartana Sunsteel Strike vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Kyogre-Primal: 199-235 (49.2 - 58.1%) -- 98% chance to 2HKO (I mean the FC set, but sunsteel bypasses it)
252+ Atk Choice Band Steelworker Kartana Sunsteel Strike vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Gyarados-Mega: 193-228 (48.9 - 57.8%) -- 96.1% chance to 2HKO (add SR to 2HKO on Def+)
Then there is the list of stuff that cannot enter on the field at all.
252+ Atk Choice Band Steelworker Kartana Sunsteel Strike vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Mewtwo-Mega-X: 409-483 (98.3 - 116.1%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Steelworker Kartana Sunsteel Strike vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Rayquaza-Mega: 409-483 (98.7 - 116.6%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Steelworker Kartana Sunsteel Strike vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Mewtwo-Mega-Y: 513-604 (123.3 - 145.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Steelworker Kartana Sunsteel Strike vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Diancie-Mega: 1536-1818 (505.2 - 598%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Steelworker Kartana Sunsteel Strike vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Gengar-Mega: 472-558 (145.6 - 172.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Steelworker Kartana Sunsteel Strike vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Regigigas: 384-454 (90.5 - 107%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Steelworker Kartana Sunsteel Strike vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Yveltal: 423-499 (92.7 - 109.4%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Steelworker Kartana Sunsteel Strike vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Sceptile-Mega: 492-580 (143 - 168.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Dialga, Slowbro-Mega, Registeel, Aggron-Mega, Steelix-Mega, Solgaleo and the imposter can switch on Sunsteel and avoid the 2HKO.
The latter 5 are OHKOed or almost OHKOed by V-create
252+ Atk Choice Band Kartana V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Registeel: 448-528 (123 - 145%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Kartana V-create vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Solgaleo: 626-738 (130.9 - 154.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Kartana V-create vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Eviolite Kartana: 724-856 (102.8 - 121.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Kartana V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Aggron-Mega: 320-378 (93 - 109.8%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Kartana V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Steelix-Mega: 320-378 (90.3 - 106.7%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
If you are scared by V-create misses, low PP or drawbacks, Fire Lash 2HKOes all of them.
Kartana isn't bad, it's just hard to use.

EDIT:
of course it deals with shedinja like no one else does.
252+ Atk Choice Band Steelworker Kartana Sunsteel Strike vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Shedinja: 1287-1516 (128700 - 151600%) -- guaranteed OHKO No kill like overkill :D

Last edited:
It's not a meme though, like at all? Unlike MMX, Kartana has two stabs with high BP moves; this means that unlike MMX who has a basically useless psychic type, it can use both sunsteel strike and power Whip. Furthermore, it has a nice defensive type over MMx, in that its not weak to -ate and can thus run a belly drum set that's not instantly revenged, and several other minor buffs that give it a solid niche.
Sorry for double posting but I'll add to this too; it is weak to -ate because any boomburst breaks it (fake out + boomburst from plated Diancie is a KO, but Kartana with Bullet Punch needs only Steelworker or Choice Band to OHKO with priority whereas Diancie is helpless with Espeed) and it gets to switch for free on Spore and Poison (existent only on Gengar lures for Audino).

Meet your new deathlord.

Omega Shenron (Rayquaza-Mega) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Dazzling
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Power Trip
- Extreme Speed
- Sunsteel Strike

Shell Smash. Then click Power Trip. Watch the opponent die.
But seriously, SS is to propel your offenses to STAGGERING levels. Power Trip is the general "click me and watch the enemy die" nuke (who needs STAB when you got 260 BP which nothing is immune to). E-Speed is to check Imposter sets and bop other priority users. Sunsteel is to rek Sturdinja (which is often the only thing standing between you and a sweep). Dazzling is to block priority Pixilate/Glaciate users (listen as every M-Diancie and KyuB cries in a corner). Have fun murdering EVERYTHING.

Edits in bold.

Last edited:
Meet your new deathlord.

Omega Shenron (Rayquaza-Mega) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Simple
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Power Trip
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake/Magic Coat

Shell Smash. Then click Power Trip. Watch the opponent die.
But seriously, SS is to propel your offenses to STAGGERING levels. Power Trip is the general "click me and watch the enemy die" nuke (who needs STAB when you got 260 BP which nothing is immune to). E-Speed is to check Imposter sets and bop other priority users. EQ is for general coverage but you could also use Magic Coat to block Normalize Ghosts. Have fun murdering EVERYTHING.
Chansey (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
IVs: 0 Atk

+4 252+ Atk Rayquaza-Mega Extreme Speed vs. -2 252 HP / 252 Def Rayquaza-Mega: 580-683 (140 - 164.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
What imposter does to you

+4 252+ Atk Rayquaza-Mega Extreme Speed vs. -2 252 HP / 252 Def Rayquaza-Mega: 580-683 (82.3 - 97%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
What you do to imposter

Sash can be ezpz broken by a uturn while you smash or hazards,or switching into any attack whatsoever

Last edited:
if you really want to use a shell smash user, try something like this:

Tyranitar-Mega @ Fist Plate
Ability: Mold Breaker
Naughty Nature
- Power Trip
- Judgment
- Taunt
- Shell Smash

this set can situationally beat Shedinja, Prankster Registeel and nail unaware Gyarados on switch, while still being incredibly fast and somewhat imposterproof (I recommend pairing with -atespeed Diancie just in case, though). It resists flying too, so it can be an effective check to some Mega Ray sets including Triage Oblivion Wing (but hates substitute). It also pairs well with Specs Psychic Surge MMY, benefiting from the terrain and setting up on the imposter. It still hits hard thanks to STAB, has better bulk and doesn't instadie to refrigerate.

this set still has problems, though:
  • it can't switch in ever and you can't always set up even with even momentum
  • you lose to sash shedinja
  • you lose to pixilate
  • you lose to spectral thief
  • you lose to any unawarer not weak to dark
  • Xerneas resists both of your attacking types
  • if you get worn down imposters can destroy your team
  • the occasional scarfer might outspeed you
there is no perfect shell smash user. As far as I can see, Shell Smash users will always die to enough different threats that they're not quite viable.

Hello everyone, a diancie with pixilate is good, but it's also very repetitive, bring a "different" today, several people know this set, but I want to bring it back because it's being really cool, the only ones that stop it are the prankster topsy-turvy , the priorities and some others, but other than that, it is a sweeping machine

Rihanna (Diancie-Mega) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
Rash Nature
- Shell Smash
- Light of Ruin
- Head Smash
- Flare Blitz

So I have finally got around to making a Smogon account. I have been in bh since gen 6. My greatest achivement as of now in bh is peaking at #7 in beggening of gen 7 without using anything meta. Uh ya hope I get a warm welcome to this community and plan to see some sets from me in the future.
Always nice to see new faces around here so welcome from everyone :]

So this has content:

Venusaur-Mega @ Black Sludge
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Core Enforcer
- Shore Up
- Toxic Spikes
- Sludge Bomb

This started out with me reading an old RMT by esteemed user Adrian Marin showcasing his "Paranoid Stall" team which amongst other things included Prankster Mega Venusaur. I decided I'd think of a way to use Venusaur effectively in this meta so this happened.

Its typing led me to use it as a Toxic Spike user/remover which helped to eliminate the double edged sword of bounced back Tspikes. Core enforcer removes Magic Bounce from switchins and it's STAB Sludge Bomb pressures out magic bounce fairies (except Magearna) as well as spreading poison.

The ability is not really integral to the set, I tried Fur Coat but it didn't seem to work.

I would share some replays but, well y'know...

Last edited:
Always nice to see new faces around here so welcome from everyone :]

So this has content:

Venusaur-Mega @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Core Enforcer
- Shore Up
- Toxic Spikes
- Sludge Bomb

This started out with me reading an old RMT by esteemed user Adrian Marin showcasing his "Paranoid Stall" team which amongst other things included Prankster Mega Venusaur. I decided I'd think of a way to use Venusaur effectively in this meta so this happened.

Its typing led me to use it as a Toxic Spike user/remover which helped to eliminate the double edged sword of bounced back Tspikes. Core enforcer removes Magic Bounce from switchins and it's STAB Sludge Bomb pressures out magic bounce fairies (except Magearna) as well as spreading poison.

The ability is not really integral to the set, I tried Fur Coat but it didn't seem to work.

I would share some replays but, well y'know...
Wouldn't you be better off running tspikes on something that's walled by venu that way you can then switch on venu to remove them? Otherwise they can pretty easily pressure you into poisoning another mon, say registeel comes in and bounces back tspikes, then uturns as you switch out to regi or some shit and go on groudon, you need to poison your giratina or smt.

Idk just a thought.

Also by running bounce you're kinda not talking advantage of grass types' immunity to spore, I'd probably go ff or some shit to deal with xerneas / diancie.

Wouldn't you be better off running tspikes on something that's walled by venu that way you can then switch on venu to remove them? Otherwise they can pretty easily pressure you into poisoning another mon, say registeel comes in and bounces back tspikes, then uturns as you switch out to regi or some shit and go on groudon, you need to poison your giratina or smt.

Idk just a thought.

Also by running bounce you're kinda not talking advantage of grass types' immunity to spore, I'd probably go ff or some shit to deal with xerneas / diancie.
On my current team TSpikes are not a pressing issue unless the opponent is extremely offensive since I have PH Giratina and Dialga so I can play around for a while with TSpikes up if necessary. On another team you're probably right.

I chose Magic Bounce because mega Venusaur is underwhelming in both bulk and power so fits Utility roles best and I thought that would be the most Utilityful ability. I used Fur Coat to compensate for bulk originally but possibly Flash Fire (or Unaware for some PH setup) would be better.

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
Heya.

I wanted to leave a question about what niche will these 'mons will have in current meta:

Lowkey Cute Guy (Giratina-Origin) @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Turboblaze
Modest Nature
- Judgment
- Strength Sap
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic Spikes

SL42 had Giratina-O in his team to support his Gengar, and I played couple games with Giratina-O and used it as so-called offensive utility. This was my lead on my testing team that is dedicated to spread poison and stack hazards, but Audino walls Giratina to no end it needs a dedicated move to stop Audino from bugging it but getting stuff like Sludge Bomb leaves Giratina unable to stay in long against Imposter which will mostly come in back and forth to PP stall. Overall I concluded regular Giratina form is so much better.

My Old Fallen Man (Kyurem-White) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Snow Warning
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Core Enforcer
- Magma Storm
- Aurora Veil

I can already see couple meme arrows pointing at myself about Choice Specs + Aurora Veil. Well, it is similar to how I staple Stealth Rock to moldy chomp with Choice Band; on forced switch, set a veil for your team. Probably this is the only niche of Kyurem-W over Dianice and Mega Rayquaza which have better Speed and coverage as well as being stopped by less walls. Imposters stopping by and setting Aurora Veil on their team will be a pain in the ass, however.

--

Yeh I understand these sets are awful to certain extent but I want you guys to really help me or just take a time to think about how do these two 'mons will survive in current meta. Giratina-O will most likely end as a meme because offense stats over regular form isn't even impressive and compromising bulk usually isn't worth. Probably Kyurem-W will hopefully have a way to find a niche, and the first thing I came up with is Aurora Veil which has some relevance with Snow Warning. So I just dumped that set up there. If you have any bright / better ideas about these two poor dragons, please feel free to post it. Thanks.

Last edited:
If you fear imposters setting their own aurora veil, you can run another weather setter like primordial sea registeel or celesteela. This also walls -ates with fire coverage and PSea Celesteela is a good answer to Pdon. And of courde it imrpoofs Kyurem, as long as it doesn't get hit by Core Enforcer on the switch.

Gira-O is a bulkier alternative to Gengar, really. It can run its sets and, while not as fast or powerful, it can actually take a hit, so it can do stuff like bulky Q.Dance set-up. Say like, Gengar's Normalize Smash set, except with Q.Dance and probably a recovery move. Enemies packing Revelation Dance to beat Normalize won't really scratch Gira-O between its better bulk and Sp.D boosts. Run at your own risk though, since I've not gotten around to building something with Gira-O this gen, though will probably give it a shot once the suspect is over. So, that set is mostly theorymon atm. (Fur Coat Q.Dance seems interesting too though if you wanna theory some more.)

Don't use it as a more offensive version of Gira-A's sets though. I don't think there's really any case where it picks up any notable 2HKOs or OHKOs over Gira-A, assuming same nature and same/similar sets.

As for Kyu-W, I assume you're questioning the viability of non-Fridge sets? Because Fridge is extremely viable. Non-Fridge though... it can run Contrary decently well, although M-Ray outclasses it in terms of stats, Kyu-W just has a better second STAB for punching Zygardes in the face if it wants. Other sets are saddled with Ice Beam for STAB if it doesn't want high miss, Snow Warning, or Hail support, which is a little on the low side for power. And Core Enforcer, as good as it is, can't carry Kyu-W itself since its very well prepared for and, even minimally invested, Kyu-W's still gonna outspeed most walls, negating that secondary effect if its not switched into. Other than that... uhhh... yeah, Refrigerate is pretty much what enables Kyu-W to be relevant. Its STAB options aren't great otherwise and Hail support is hard to work around, especially without permanent weather, and may cost it the ability slot it needs to pack a punch.

...Speed Boost Tail Glow Blizzard Kyu-W was really fun back in permanent weather Gen V though...

So I finally decided to try my hand at stall:
Chansey @ Eviolite

Ability: Imposter

Impish Nature

- Final Gambit

- U-turn

- Seismic Toss

- Aromatherapy

Groudon-Primal @ Safety Goggles

Ability: Desolate Land

Adamant Nature

- Thousand Waves

- V-create

- Shore Up

- U-turn

Registeel @ Safety Goggles

Ability: Prankster

Careful Nature

- Shore Up

- Topsy-Turvy

- U-turn

- Destiny Bond

Yveltal @ Rocky Helmet

Gentle Nature

- Knock Off

- Shore Up

- Taunt

- Pursuit

Scizor-Mega @ Leftovers

Ability: Flash Fire

Adamant Nature

- Dragon Tail

- Sunsteel Strike

- Stealth Rock

- Shore Up

Giratina @ Toxic Orb

Ability: Poison Heal

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD

Sassy Nature

- Core Enforcer

- Defog

- Spore

- Toxic Spikes

Time to explain my choices:

Chansey: derp

Primal-Groudon: This is actually the latest addition to the team. Before I had an unaware m-audino. But then after a few games and getting outstalled by steel types, I had to figure out a way to deal with it. My first thoughts jumped to Magnet Pull but then welp its on the banlist. So my second idea was Primal-Groudon. Tbh this set needs work so any suggestions would be a great help.

Registeal: Well a staple in stall. Just a usual prankster set. Now some people might say Haze is a btr choice, but i picked Topsy Turvy instead because of it’s ability to cause alooooot of switches.

Yveltal: I needed a good magic bouncer and a good mmy check, so I combined those two problems and came up with Yveltal. It’s not the best set either, so help would helpful.

Scizor-Mega: This is one of my fave mons of all time. This thing can tank a suprising amount of hits. Just spam Dragon Tail to do some low level scouting and then have rocks up to deal a bit of damage. But keeping him against special attackers is about as suicidal as sand stream shed.

Giratina: A basic poison heal set. Nothing special.

Soo ya that’s my draft of a stall team. Its been doing pretty decent so far but runs into a few problems. It doesn’t do to well with stall(idk if its the teams or my own inferior skills to play against stall.)Also a few sweepers can punch some big holes in this team. Any set/mon changes would be welcome.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)