Other Metagames Balanced Hackmons: DOUBLE DON (peak 1611)

http://imgur.com/a/nsp0P
Testbot V01 is my alt. I got too lazy to continue laddering q__q
GXE is bad because this is a test account

Teambuilding process

I wanted to build around PH M-Gyarados. I saw Morogrim using it first and I really liked it as a set.

I added a bulky P-don to soft check M-Gyarados (immune to crabhammer & takes little from Knock off) & to act as an anti-trick/switcheroo Pokemon. It threatens annoying steels for M-Diancie (which I added later).
A second groudon was added to take care of imposter Chansey (will explain how when I present sets) since M-Gyarados cannot imposter himself perfectly. This Groudon acts as an -ate check for all except refrigerate.

I added another two defensive Pokemon. Registeel helps further check -ate Pokemon whilst Groudon helps as a switch in to Shedinja and a slew of other Pokemon. Giratina helps imposter proof my P-don by giving me a reliable switch in to it. Registeel helps imposter proof my M-Diancie by once again giving me a reliable switch in / wall to it. They can both handle hits from M-Gyarados.

Finally I added M-Diancie as this teams -ate user.

Team

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 164 SpD
Careful Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Thousand Arrows
- Stealth Rock
- Synthesis

EV explanation: Low chance for 252 Spa, pixie plate, pixilate M-diancie to 2hko with Boomburst. Rest of the ev's placed in defense to take physical hits better
Ability explanation: Intimidate forces out physical attackers so that you can get rocks up / Neuters a set up sweeper so you can at least take one hit and get off a sacred fire / Makes up for the fact that most of the bulk is in the special side
Item explanation: Allows Groudon to evolve into P-Groudon.
Role: Rock setter / M-Diancie check (if lacking spore)/ Sacred fire spam (for burns)/ Threatens defensive passive steels (especially trick / switcheroo versions) / Anti-trick or Switcheroo switch in / Coil pass recipient / Non-ice stab quiver PH-Kyogre check / Soft imposter check for M-Gyarados / electric immunity
Moves: Sacred fire is a very spammable fire stab that hits hard under desolate land & off P-Groudon's 180 attack stat. It's nice to neuter physical attackers or hit Pokemon that rely on toxic orb who have not yet procced toxic orb. Thousand arrows is a spammable ground move to hit Pokemon such as M-diance / Registeel / Aegislash hard and to hit M-Quaza / Kyurem-B for neutral damage. Stealth rock is necessary to help this team handle Shedinja. P-Don can get up rocks most of the time as it forces out physical attackers with intimidate. It can also threaten defensive steel based defoggers. Synthesis is for 75% recovery under desolate land and to ensure it can continue to wall M-Diancie for most of the game.

Groudon @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Atk / 192 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Thousand Waves
- Ice Shard
- Parting Shot
- Roost

EV explanation: 64 attack evs allow you to 2hko non-Hp / defense invested M-Quaza. The rest is placed in HP & DEF to act as a check to -ate users. 0 speed iv's & a speed minus nature allows Groudon to act as a slow pivot.
Ability explanation: Soundproof puts a stop to boomburst spam / Parting shot spam. Soundproof also helps prevent perish song shenanigans. Soundproof also aids Groudon in trapping imposter Chansey.
Item explanation: Rocky helmet punishes -ate users for clicking fake out & makes them click boomburst once they see how little Groudon has taken from the fake out or extreme speed. Rocky helmet also helps Groudon function as a last minute check to sturdy Shedinja (killing it on the endeavor)
Role: Traps & kills imposter Chansey to allow our sweepers to function effectively / Acts as a check to -ate M-Quaza & M-Diancie / Helps to weaken defensive walls / Puts a stop to perish song strategies / Helps put a stop to boomburst spam / Helps put a stop to parting shot spam / electric immunity / Ground check / Coil pass recipient
Moves: Thousand waves traps anything that isn't flying or isn't a ghost type. It hits hard coming off of Groudon's 150 base attack stat and is quite spammable. It is the main tool to trap Chansey. Chansey will often come in to scout the set and get trapped with Thousand waves; or they might stay in if they didn't come in on thousand waves to use parting shot - only to get trapped with thousand waves since you cannot parting shot on a soundproof Pokemon. You can then PP stall Chansey to death, clearing the way for M-Diance & M-Gyarados to set up as they please (provided no unaware Pokemon are on the opponents team). Ice shard has high PP and assits in stalling out Chansey. It also helps to 2hko -ate M-Quaza & deal decent damage to M-Garchomp. Parting shot allows Groudon to act as a slow pivot and to neuter non-contrary / defiant Pokemon. Roost is to allow it to recover its HP and to continue fulfilling its job throughout the match.

Giratina @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Coil
- Baton Pass
- Roost

EV explanation: Max SPDEF / HP allows it to act as a counter to special sweepers. 0 speed ivs and a minus speed nature ensure a slow baton pass to pivot in threats safely.
Ability explanation:Unaware ensures set-up sweepers are stopped dead in their tracks as Giratina ignores any boosts.
Item explanation: Safety goggles ensures that Giratina cannot be spored and put to sleep - it also helps to negate passive damage from the rare sandstorm / hail.
Role: Acts as a stop to special set up sweepers / Phazer / Coil passer / Set-up sweeper / Sleep absorber / Bulky wall / Shedinja switch in / Imposter proofs the Groudons on this team & M-Gyarados once safety goggles have been knocked off
Moves: Dragon tail allows Giratina to phaze any set up sweeper that isn't a fairy. Coil allows Giratina to boost its DEF (since all our evs are in SPDEF) & to act as a win condition. Baton pass allows you to pass coil boosts to other Pokemon on this team. Examples of good Pokemon to pass to: Any of the Groudon's, M-Diancie & M-Gyarados. Baton pass also allows Giratina to act as a slow pivot to bring in this teams threats. Roost allows Giratina to stay healthy & to continue walling threats throughout the game.

Registeel @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Whirlwind
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

EV explanation: 56 SPDEF evs allow it to take special hits a bit better. The rest of the evs were placed into DEF and HP to act as a stop to physical set up sweeepers. 0 speed ivs and a minus speed nature allow it to act as a slow pivot.
Ability explanation: Unaware allows Registeel to act as a check to physical set up sweepers. By virtue of his steel typing he can also check Fairy set up sweepers lacking magic bounce which Giratina cannot handle.
Item explanation: Safety goggles prevents Registeel from being spored.
Role: Acts as a check to non-fire/fighting/ground set up physical sweepers / sleep absorber / slow pivot / phazer / defogger / -Ate check / Imposter proofs our M-Diancie
Moves: Whirlwind allows you to phaze set up sweepers who rely on subs to sweep and to prevent their sweep being stopped. U-Turn lets Registeel not be complete taunt bait and to be able to switch out versus anything. Defog is to get rid of rocks and various over hazards which can annoy the team. Roost allows Registeel to stay healthy and fufill its job throughout the match.

Diancie-Mega @ Lum Berry
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Techno Blast
- Work Up
- Infestation

EV explanation: Max SPA lets technoblast hit as a hard as possible. A mixed nature is chosen with max speed to make full use of M-Diancie's sweeping capabilities.
Ability explanation: Pixilate changes all of M-Diancie's normal moves to fairy, allowing it to hit very hard when coupling the stab boost + 30% boost pixilate provides.
Item explanation: Prevents M-Diancie from being statused once throughout the game. Allows M-Diancie to act as a one time dark void / sing absorber until M-Gyarados can safely get his toxic orb procced.
Role: Set up sweeeper / Dragon immunity / Priority user / Wallbreaker / Shedinja counter
Moves: Extreme speed is nice hard hitting priority for M-Diancie that gets boosted by pixilate. It allows M-Diancie to revenge weakened sweepers or to get good damage off before anything else can even move by virtue of Extreme speeds +2 priority bracket. Techno blast hits a little less hard than boomburst but isn't stopped by soundproof. Techno blast ensures that M-Diancie's sweep isn't stopped by a soundproof user and helps it to break physicall defensive steels who are M-Diancie's main check. Work up boosts both M-Diancies SPA & ATK to allow it to sweep and break walls with ease. Wait till Shedinja & Chansey are removed before you begin setting up. Getting rid of the Unaware user also helps M-Diancie to sweep with more ease. Infestation is chosen over Magma storm to allow Registeel to wall an impostered version of our M-Diancie. Infestation hits Shedinja and acts as this teams teritary way of handling sturdy Shendinja.

Gyarados-Mega @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 220 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Shift Gear
- Will-O-Wisp

EV explanation: 220 speed allows M-Gyarados to outspeed Deoxys-S after one shift gear. Adamant nature & max attack evs allow M-Gyarados to hit as hard as possible. The rest of the evs are placed into HP to reach an uneven HP stat (to take less rocks dmg) and the remainder is put into defense.
Ability explanation: Poison heal allows M-Gyarados to have passive HP gain whilst preventing it from being burned or para'd and this stopping its sweep. It also helps imposter proof M-Gyarados to an extent as you can burn the imposter whilst they cannot burn you as you are poisoned.
Item explanation: Toxic orb allows M-Gyarados to become toxiced so it can use its ability.
Role: Set-up sweeper / Status absorber / Wallbreaker
Moves: Crabhammer is a hard hitting stab that has a high chance to crit, allowing M-Gyarados to break through Unaware Pokemon. Knock off is a decent utility move that hits very hard coming off of M-Gyarados's attack. Shift gear lets M-Gyarados set up & sweep once Chansey / Shedinja are gone & their unaware user is weakened. Will-o-wisp lets you handle Shedinja if it hasn't been dealt with yet & allows you to nerf physical switch ins & to nerf imposters who come in to imposter you.

Threats

Magic guard set-up fairies
Tail glow gale wings Quaza (if it has the right support)
Hard to break Unaware users
Poison Heal shift gear Garchomp that has Dragon stab
Some variants of Poison Heal PH t-tar
Some variants of PH-ogre
Random gimmick sets which I haven't prepared for (Strategia dementia esque)

Replays

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-408488361 v overlord shedinja (Shows how strong dual Groudon is)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-407039006 v spam username (Shows how strong dual unaware is)

Import

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 164 SpD
Careful Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Thousand Arrows
- Stealth Rock
- Synthesis

Groudon @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Atk / 192 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Thousand Waves
- Ice Shard
- Parting Shot
- Roost

Giratina @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Coil
- Baton Pass
- Roost

Registeel @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Whirlwind
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Diancie-Mega @ Lum Berry
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Techno Blast
- Work Up
- Infestation

Gyarados-Mega @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 220 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Shift Gear
- Will-O-Wisp

Thanks for taking the time to read through this! Please let me know how I can improve this team!

Last edited:

morogrim

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Hey, nice team. I decided I'd give you my opinion about the team since you decided to build around Mega Gyarados.

- My first suggestion to you is to make Giratina your physical sweeper check and Registeel to be your special sweeper check. My reason for this is because most special sweepers have either Fairy or Dragon coverage while most physical sweepers have a Ground, Fire, or Fighting coverage. One example would be that your team is currently weak to Pdon but if Giratina goes full defense it will be able to check it. This also helps your Registeel to better Imposter-proof your Diancie as it is invested in SpA.

- I would also replace Work Up with Shell Smash on Diancie as it will enable you to OHKO Imposters on the switchin as well as being able to deal more damage overall. In addition, Registeel will still be able to check it since it's Unaware. You could also replace Infestation with Judgment and Lum Berry with Earth Plate so you could take out Steel Walls with Diancie instead of being able to KO Shedinja but that's up to you to decide if you want to be able to defeat Steel walls or Shed (keep in mind though that you already have a few ways to deal with Shed such as Stealth Rock and Koff+Willo from Mega Gyarados).

- I would also opt for more bulk on Mega Gyarados at the expense of losing some Speed. Outspeeding Deo-S is not a priority as it is not really a threat, and in addition it's not really that common either. I would instead opt for either 44 Spe to outspeed Mmy or a bit more investment to outspeed Mega Aerodactyl after +2 (I forget the required investment for that but basically you need to hit 220 Spe, I think that requires 88 Spe EVs but check to make sure).

Last edited:
Hey, nice team. I decided I'd give you my opinion about the team since you decided to build around Mega Gyarados.

- My first suggestion to you is to make Giratina your physical sweeper check and Registeel to be your special sweeper check. My reason for this is because most special sweepers have either Fairy or Dragon coverage while most physical sweepers have a Ground, Fire, or Fighting coverage. One example would be that your team is currently weak to Pdon but if Giratina goes full defense it will be able to check it. This also helps your Registeel to better Imposter-proof your Diancie as it is invested in SpA.

- I would also replace Work Up with Shell Smash on Diancie as it will enable you to OHKO Imposters on the switchin as well as being able to deal more damage overall. In addition, Registeel will still be able to check it since it's Unaware. You could also replace Infestation with Judgment and Lum Berry with Earth Plate so you could take out Steel Walls with Diancie instead of being able to KO Shedinja but that's up to you to decide if you want to be able to defeat Steel walls or Shed (keep in mind though that you already have a few ways to deal with Shed already such as Stealth Rock and Koff+Willo from Mega Gyarados).

- I would also opt for more bulk on Mega Gyarados at the expense of losing some Speed. Outspeeding Deo-S is not a priority as it is not really a threat, and in addition it's not really that common either. I would instead opt for either 44 Spe to outspeed Mmy or a bit more investment to outspeed Mega Aerodactyl after +2 (I forget the required investment for that but basically you need to hit 220 Spe, I think that requires 88 Spe EVs but check to make sure).

:o thank for the rate! I'll implement these a bit later. ^_^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)