Bad Luck You've Had So Far

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Looking for a Chesto Berry in XY using natural objects. In battles on Route 5, there's a 20% chance for a green Berry tree yielding a random green Berry to appear, a 20% chance for a purple Berry tree, and a 10% chance for an Herb-yielding Grass.
So I farm 3 purple berries. I get a Colbur Berry and two Payapa Berries. Then a Minun survives my Air Cutter (what you need to cut down the trees) and uses Thunder Wave, forcing me to head to the Pokémon Center. I walk out and try again... find 3 grass in a row...and find a Purple Berry tree. Finally.
"Skarmory used Air Cutter!"
"The wild Abra avoided the attack!" (95%)
"The wild Abra used Teleport!"
Next encounter:
"Zapdos appeared!"
Next encounter: Green Berry tree. I'll take it.
"The wild Minun avoided the attack!"
"The wild Minun used Thunder Wave!
"Skarmory is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!"
At this point I just head back to the Pokémon Center; I don't need a green Berry anyway.
Attempt III:
Purple Berry tree.
"The wild Minun avoided the attack!"
"The wild Minun used Thunder Wave!"
I was able to finish off the Minun with Air Cutter + Feint, only to receive a third Colbur Berry for my efforts.
STOP
------------------
Edit: Finally got:
-5 Colbur Berries
-2 Kasib Berries
-4 Payapa Berries
-1 Chesto Berry
Never give up

Last edited:
Yet another flinch non-hax happening to me. This time, 6 Air Slashes from a Togekiss (in randbats) and not a single flinch. In the meantime, I get critted (albeit from a non very effective move, can't recall which one) and a random 10% side effect happens against me. I still managed to come on top, though.

well it's happen to me on pokemon shuffle, i've finished the stage and got S rank after that i tried to catch that pokemon it has 97% catch rate! But as you could predicted, yes i failed to catch that pokemon!

Reactions: JES
On the ladder,
The foe's Vaporeon used Ice Beam!
Skarmory, good, come back!
Go, Chansey!
Chansey took 12% of damage!
Chansey was frozen solid!

Then, in a different battle,
The foe's Mega Gallade used Ice Punch!
Landorus, good, come back!
Go, Slowbro!
Slowbro took 14% of damage!
Slowbro was frozen solid!

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
On the ladder,
The foe's Vaporeon used Ice Beam!
Skarmory, good, come back!
Go, Chansey!
Chansey took 12% of damage!
Chansey was frozen solid!

Then, in a different battle,
The foe's Mega Gallade used Ice Punch!
Landorus, good, come back!
Go, Slowbro!
Slowbro took 14% of damage!
Slowbro was frozen solid!
The Chansey one would suck more if Natural Cure wasn't a thing.

I had to miss Wonder Trade Wednesday yesterday.

Why? Because my father decided 5 minutes before the stream was to start that it'd be a fantastic idea to go buy shoes for my new job. I could swear he did this on purpose. I mean, after all, he hates Pokémon. He thinks it's a waste of time, he hates how much time I invest in it, and to say that he would be smart enough to note a correlation that I'm on my 3DS on every Wednesday at the same time would be an understatement. I'm not going to ask him though, just as I didn't complain, and risk having the 3DS taken away, or given one of his scathing tirades.

So off to Wal Mart, knowing full well that I'd miss most of the stream. We're leaving the store, in this case, without a pair of work shoes, because we figured we should find a better selection at an actual shoe store, when the car's battery is dead. Apparently, he left the light on, draining the battery. There goes any hope of maybe catching the last 10 minutes of the stream, let alone the last second. If not for a kind employee, his car, and a pair of charging cables, we might have been there the whole night (okay, not literally, but my father would have had to walk home, and retrieve his car and charging cables).

So by the time we got back, the stream was over. While trading, I got a shiny Nidoking and a shiny Growlithe, and I didn't even notice the Cobalion, so it wasn't a totally bad night. While going to kindly thank the person who traded me the shiny Nidoking, I was challenged by a random passerby. Not wanting to be rude, and being duty-bound as a trainer, I accepted.

This is when my father told me to retrieve the last two water jugs from the trunk. The timing could not be worse. Being the clumsy-minded, in-a-hurry fool I was, I retrieved my keys that I previously put back to open the trunk, not thinking the car was still unlocked, and that might have caused what happened next. By the time I got back to my 3DS, the battle had automatically started, with only my first Pokémon automatically available. Knowing that I didn't stand a chance, and embarrassed, I shut off my 3DS. I tried to find this person once I turned it back on to rechallenge him on a fair basis, but to no avail.

P.S. Don't let him see this comment. I don't think he'll be sympathetic with my point of view, nor will he find it funny.

i was breeding HA starly. get my first 5 iv -spatk. its male with keen eye. "okay i can use this for breeding since it has 4 em and itll make getting the next one easier. then the second one appeared with keen eye and i was annoyed but it was like whatever. it took eventually breeding five 5 iv -spatk and like 4 boxes full of breedjects to finally get a 5 iv starly with reckless and i was so salty. also i got a 6 iv nidoran f before i got my 5 iv nidoran male ;_;. i just have horrible luck with rng with specific pokemon and i have no idea why.

I was playing through my Emerald cart recently, trying to finish the Pokedex to get a Cyndaquil, as I don't have the Gamecube games or HGSS. Also for fun and nostalgia.

Searching through Victory Road a shiny Lairon pops up! I love Aggron's evolution line, so I swap to my Breloom and Spore it, swap to Ninjask, get 3 Swords Dances up and a False Swipe (roughly 30% of its HP despite being 1/4 damage), I can do this, only a couple turns and I can start throwing some balls.

It wakes up and uses Roar...

I was playing through my Emerald cart recently, trying to finish the Pokedex to get a Cyndaquil, as I don't have the Gamecube games or HGSS. Also for fun and nostalgia.

Searching through Victory Road a shiny Lairon pops up! I love Aggron's evolution line, so I swap to my Breloom and Spore it, swap to Ninjask, get 3 Swords Dances up and a False Swipe (roughly 30% of its HP despite being 1/4 damage), I can do this, only a couple turns and I can start throwing some balls.

It wakes up and uses Roar...
You can get a Cyndaquil on Route 101 in ORAS after you beat the Elite Four.

Ah, yet another failed shiny story.

The game is Diamond. I am alone in a small cave. I have a small girl in pink pigtails walking by me. It's a strange cave, and all encounters are double battles. Suddenly, I freeze. A battle has begun! It's against 2 Gravelers... but one has a sparkle to it! Thinking it must be shiny, I prepare to catch it- and disaster strikes. My partner, the small girl, has her Kadabra out. Commanding it to use Psybeam, she quickly kills my poor shiny Graveler.

;_;

Reactions: JES
Ah, yet another failed shiny story.

The game is Diamond. I am alone in a small cave. I have a small girl in pink pigtails walking by me. It's a strange cave, and all encounters are double battles. Suddenly, I freeze. A battle has begun! It's against 2 Gravelers... but one has a sparkle to it! Thinking it must be shiny, I prepare to catch it- and disaster strikes. My partner, the small girl, has her Kadabra out. Commanding it to use Psybeam, she quickly kills my poor shiny Graveler.

;_;
You don't get Graveler in Wayward Cave (where Mira is) - maybe you were thinking of Geodude?

First time ever using High Jump Kick. I missed it twice in a row. So, like a 1% probability there.
And this is why I don't use Mega Lopunny outside of things like STABmons. Or why I've never been interested in Blaziken. And why I kept Drain Punch on my Meinshao...that and Regenerator U-Turn was fun in that playthrough.

At least some of you had the slight opportunity of catching it. ;-;

I encountered my first shiny when I was about 10 years old. I was playing Pokemon Ruby version for the first time as well.

I get my starter (Torchic, by the way) and start to have my first, wild Pokemon battle. Wild Poochyena appeared! *Sparkles*

To say the least, I never picked up the game for about a week.

Last edited:
it's not my experience but my opponents i was playing random battle in showdown and met this guy, he missed 3 focus blasts in a row againts my lucario, whats the odd?!

2.7%. Although pretty much everybody has a Focus Miss story, which is what happens when you have little choice but to rely on a 70% move.
Hell, I remember using Thunder on my Blue Raichu recently (before I got the chance to clone the TM for Thunderbolt and use it on it) I missed literally all but two Thunders. That's like 20 Thunders and only two hit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)