Metagame Automagic

EV

Banned deucer.
Very cool! Keep the posts comin' cuz this meta is going to need a lot of balancing. I'm not afraid to quickban, either, so show me what's OP and I'll keep my hammer at hand.

Things you'll probably want on every team:
-Unaware or a way to counter stat boosting (Haze, Clear Smog, Heart Swap, phazing, etc.)
-Scarf automagic (Bulldoze Landorus-T, Discharge Xurkitree, Air Slash Togekiss, etc.)
-Fake Out and flinch counter (Ghost type or Inner Focus)
-An Electric counter (Ground type, ability with an immunity)
-Priority

Also, report any bugs related to moves like Encore and Copycat.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Tbh Serene Grace Meloetta sounds okay to me. Charge Beam + CM + Stabs could work I guess?

Serene Grace in general is just much more relevant now since it'll help you even further to get the boosts. As is Shield Dust, weirdly enough. Too bad most thing that get it will not stick around for much longer before fainting and don't have any use other then just Anti-Meta (Maybe Quiver Dance Venomoth). Also is this finally a meta where Inner Focus is relevant? Cause, you know, Flinches will activate Automegic and stuff

AquaticPanic

Community Leader
Forretress @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Def
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Struggle Bug
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Stealth Rock

It takes a lot of hits well, obviously barring fire type moves, the Assault Vest should let it be able to take a boosted hit or two on the special side. It can lay hazards which could be very good in this meta as defoggers/rapid spinners most likely won't be common.
Pretty sure the only thing that works as Automagic is boosting moves, not just any status moves.

Just listing this to give out free advice:

"Reliable" Trigger Moves
Acid Spray*
Charge Beam
Chatter*
Dynamic Punch
Electroweb
Fake Out*
Fire Lash*
Flame Charge*
Genesis Supernova*
Glaciate
Icy Wind
Inferno
Low Sweep*
Lunge*
Mud-Slap*
Mystical Fire*
Nuzzle*
Power-Up Punch*
Rock Smash*
Rock Tomb
Snarl
Stoked Sparksurfer*
Struggle Bug*
Trop Kick*
Zap Cannon

The listed moves above will trigger 100% of the time assuming they hit the opponent (the moves with an asterisks mark (*) besides them have 100% accuracy). If you want moves that can trigger immediately without resorting to luck upon landing and mostly minimal chance of missing, I'd suggest looking into these moves as a start. You may find some good gems ^_^

AquaticPanic

Community Leader
Just listing this to give out free advice:

"Reliable" Trigger Moves
Acid Spray*
Charge Beam
Chatter*
Dynamic Punch
Electroweb
Fake Out*
Fire Lash*
Flame Charge*
Genesis Supernova*
Glaciate
Icy Wind
Inferno
Low Sweep*
Lunge*
Mud-Slap*
Mystical Fire*
Nuzzle*
Power-Up Punch*
Rock Smash*
Rock Tomb
Snarl
Stoked Sparksurfer*
Struggle Bug*
Trop Kick*
Zap Cannon

The listed moves above will trigger 100% of the time assuming they hit the opponent (the moves with an asterisks mark (*) besides them have 100% accuracy). If you want moves that can trigger immediately without resorting to luck upon landing and mostly minimal chance of missing, I'd suggest looking into these moves as a start. You may find some good gems ^_^
Small thing tho, Charge Beam is 70%, not 100% chance. Still very reliable anyways.

How does curse work with ghost types? As used by a ghost type, it's not a setup move, so it probably shouldn't be triggered when automagic triggers, but is this accounted for already in the programming? I was putting together a dynamicpunch golurk set before a friend reminded me curse would work differently for ghost types.

EV

Banned deucer.
Found a hole in the programming. Charge Beam didn't activate Calm Mind despite increasing my Special Attack. Not sure what you want to do with it (either add extra code to make an exception or leave Charge Beam a casualty), but I thought I should at least present it.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7automagic-540949082
It's a bug that ignore automagic if the target faints. Should have used Calm Mind.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7automagic-540960997

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7automagic-540958524

Ok so we were testing to see if Fling activated anything and then it just kind of really messed up, flinging King's Rock made it set up multiple times and lose HP at the same time, which made the Pheromosa KO itself, I guess that needs to be fixed if you haven't seen it yet
Interesting.
How does curse work with ghost types? As used by a ghost type, it's not a setup move, so it probably shouldn't be triggered when automagic triggers, but is this accounted for already in the programming? I was putting together a dynamicpunch golurk set before a friend reminded me curse would work differently for ghost types.
Trop Kick doesn't activate set up.
Spandan :v4:

Reactions: nv

lost heros

Meme Master
is a Pre-Contributor
Damn, I wish I saved the replay but I was using quagsire, got a burn off of scald and but didn't get a stockpile boost. Is this intentional?

EV

Banned deucer.
Damn, I wish I saved the replay but I was using quagsire, got a burn off of scald and but didn't get a stockpile boost. Is this intentional?
No. Do you remember the scenario? I haven't seen any status-related bugs yet.

Right now there's a bug related to KOs, where automagic is ignored if the target faints. I thought we had this fixed on Dragon Haven though... Basically, if your Pokemon KOs the target but still triggers any boost (Charge Beam, Flame Charge, Power-Up Punch, etc) then any setup moves are supposed to activate. If the target faints to a move that would have caused a side effect on that target, even if that side effect is normally 100% successful, there is no automagic (Fake Out, Scald, Low Sweep, etc).

Yes it works differently for ghost types; its a setup move if the user isnt a ghost type.

Regarding bugs, I am looking into them, I'll attempt to fix em when I'm free

Reactions: EV

lost heros

Meme Master
is a Pre-Contributor
No. Do you remember the scenario? I haven't seen any status-related bugs yet.

Right now there's a bug related to KOs, where automagic is ignored if the target faints. I thought we had this fixed on Dragon Haven though... Basically, if your Pokemon KOs the target but still triggers any boost (Charge Beam, Flame Charge, Power-Up Punch, etc) then any setup moves are supposed to activate. If the target faints to a move that would have caused a side effect on that target, even if that side effect is normally 100% successful, there is no automagic (Fake Out, Scald, Low Sweep, etc).
It was my Quagsire vs my opponent's Latios. I already used Stockpile once, not more than that though. I used scald and burned the Latios. It didn't faint and neither did Quagsire, but then nothing happened with Quagsire. It may be because that Stockpile is different than other boosting moves?

It was my Quagsire vs my opponent's Latios. I already used Stockpile once, not more than that though. I used scald and burned the Latios. It didn't faint and neither did Quagsire, but then nothing happened with Quagsire. It may be because that Stockpile is different than other boosting moves?
Oh, you're right. Will update with the bugfixes, Thank you

ROM uses different code to Dragon Heaven, so it would be interesting to see whether it has different bugs too. (It probably has the Stockpile bug though.)

PSA: A glitch is currently present with flinch moves (possibly other secondary effects as well but I've only encountered it with flinching so far). The automagic effect has been getting triggered by flinch moves even when there is no flinch, either due to the target fainting or switching out. Since the secondary effect isn't activated, the set up moves should not activate either. Additionally, they have been sometimes activating IN THE MIDDLE of multi hit moves, meaning if you activate a king's rock flinch after 1 hit, the rest of them can benefit from a boost such as swords dance. Neither of these should be happening as the flinch occurs at the end of the move and not if the target faints or switched in that turn.

EV

Banned deucer.
I belive that something should be done about kings rock it is cray strong heres proof may want to look into it

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7automagic-541614203
I'm just gonna ban it and Razor Fang (or is it Claw?) The Immortal
PSA: A glitch is currently present with flinch moves (possibly other secondary effects as well but I've only encountered it with flinching so far). The automagic effect has been getting triggered by flinch moves even when there is no flinch, either due to the target fainting or switching out.
This was supposed to be fixed in the code on Dragon Heaven. Spandan what code are we using?

I made a cool little Oricorio set, it doesn't matter that you use Sensu,

Oricorio-Sensu @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dancer
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Revelation Dance/
- Agility
- Calm Mind

AquaticPanic

Community Leader
I made a cool little Oricorio set, it doesn't matter that you use Sensu,

Oricorio-Sensu @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dancer
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Revelation Dance/
- Agility
- Calm Mind
Now that you mentioned... Shouldn't Oricorio be more viable in a meta with Quiver Dance everywhere?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)