Art Graduate, Pokemon fanatic.

MiniArchitect

Detail Disoriented
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I just evolved my Thwackey today and am totally on board with Rillaboom's design, so this is a nice treat to see! The lineart is looking good, and the face and body language are so expressive! Can't wait to see this piece finished.

I just evolved my Thwackey today and am totally on board with Rillaboom's design, so this is a nice treat to see! The lineart is looking good, and the face and body language are so expressive! Can't wait to see this piece finished.
I've yet to get the game, but I'm sure i'll be on it by xmas haha, thanks a lot the line art was honestly rushed I just wanted to get straight to the rendering, which has been slow due to a lot of irl stuff happening lately [lucky to have a roof over my head rn] I'll post an updated wip soon, it's almost done!

Sephirona

t-t-t-tubearrific. (✿≖ᴗ≖) ・゚✧*:・゚✧
is a Top Artist Alumnus
You have a real talent for dynamic shapes and gestures! The shape variation on the pants and head of the staff in your pyromancer drawing is particularly balanced and organic and makes for a very strong image. Nice work \o/

You have a real talent for dynamic shapes and gestures! The shape variation on the pants and head of the staff in your pyromancer drawing is particularly balanced and organic and makes for a very strong image. Nice work \o/
thank you so much for the kind words!

MiniArchitect

Detail Disoriented
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
This is great! The low angle adds some drama to the scene and helps sell Machamp's size, and Cinderace's more active pose is rendered really well! The magenta lighting on Machamp looks great, and the transition of colors from cool green at the bottom to red at the top is nice. I've tried drawing Machamp before and have always had a hard time drawing all of its muscles, so I'm impressed by just how accurate and well-defined you've painted them here. To nitpick just a bit, it looks like there's a third little dynamax cloud hovering around it's belt curving toward the viewer, when from our perspective I think it should be either behind Machamp entirely, or just peeking out from behind it. But I can tell you put a lot of effort into this, and it paid off well!

Awesome work! :blobthumbsup:

This is great! The low angle adds some drama to the scene and helps sell Machamp's size, and Cinderace's more active pose is rendered really well! The magenta lighting on Machamp looks great, and the transition of colors from cool green at the bottom to red at the top is nice. I've tried drawing Machamp before and have always had a hard time drawing all of its muscles, so I'm impressed by just how accurate and well-defined you've painted them here. To nitpick just a bit, it looks like there's a third little dynamax cloud hovering around it's belt curving toward the viewer, when from our perspective I think it should be either behind Machamp entirely, or just peeking out from behind it. But I can tell you put a lot of effort into this, and it paid off well!

Awesome work! :blobthumbsup:
Haha damn thank you for the kind words and the really in-depth critique, you're right about the cloud I kinda started overlooking a lot of issues once I finished rendering ace tbh, and the result is kind of bleh imho, but people like the overall piece so I figured I'd post it regardless; just more testimony of my laziness I suppose~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)