Not open for further replies.

xBlake

Banned deucer.
assigned to Za Meowdo

Username: xBlake
PO/PS! Username: rapidasap
Your timezone: GMT
Usual Hours of Availability: 2-4 pm, or 6pm onwards every day
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have played for about 2 months or so consistently and I am honestly unable to progress at all on the ladder or do decently in any format of gen 7 OU (room tours, ladder etc) and my teambuilding is the root of that I believe, compounded by my below average battling skills, so I decided to come here for help.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:yes

Last edited by a moderator:
assigned to Teclis

Username: S poire
PO/PS! Username: Spoire
Your timezone: GMT +1
Usual Hours of Availability: every day at night
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): start pokemon in x and y but i start competitiv in ssnl and smogon tour (r3 st sm and r6 ssnl mono r5ssnl ubers). I would like to improve a few things I miss in OU and I will be delighted to learn :).
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes

Username: Lioxim

PO/PS! Username: Lioxim

Your timezone: UTC -5:00

Usual Hours of Availability: Basically whenever, will work with trainers on timeslots that work well for them

Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have played pokemon for as long as I could remember. I first really got into competitive pokemon when I came across Pokeaimmd’s YouTube channel (shoutout to Joey), it was because of him I got hooked. I have always had fun doing competitive battling, but I’ve never been very good. My first competitive format was ORAS OU, and to this day im still not very good at battling. I’ve even tried building my own competitive teams, but they aswell are often not good. After a long time of trying to figure out how to improve on my own, I found this amazing little diamond in the rough. I would love to be a trainee in the program :)

Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes I can :) I’m always on Discord non-stop

Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes I do

Username: Pandayaki
PO/PS! Username: Pandayaki ♡
Your timezone: GMT +10
Usual Hours of Availability: 5-10 pm most days
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon: I have been playing since early x/y and enjoyed the meta a lot. But as soon as most of the broken mons got banned I lost interest in competitive pokemon. I came back in sumo and have enjoyed seeing how the game has evolved and seeing how bad I am at the game. I've been able to build many teams that have gotten to 1500-1600 consistently but I need help getting past there.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Both
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes I do

assigned to double switches

Username: Tekrow
PO/PS! Username: Tekrow

What format do you want to learn : SM OU
Your timezone: GMT -4
Usual Hours of Availability: I'm free most of the day, with the morning and the ngith being the best times.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have played Pokemon since the first gen, but started playing competitive Pokemon in Smogon during the fifth gen. I got somewhat high during the 5th gen, I remember I peaked around 120#, but I didn't have much time or experience back then. I stoppped playing during the sixth gen, but the last few months, a couple of friends showed interested in playing competitive Pokemon, so I delved back in to teach them, and I have been playing a lot OU SUMO more recently, getting used to the new pokemons and meta.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes, I only have Skype, but I can download Discord if needed.

assigned to Za Meowdo

Username: Noerd
PO/PS! Username: Noerd
Your timezone: GMT (UK)
Usual Hours of Availability: Evenings (from about 6 pm) on weekdays, more or less all afternoon on weekends.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started getting into the competitive scene in Gen 4, just after the release of HGSS. I continued on with competitive Pokemon into Gen 5, which is what I consider to be my prime as a player (though, if I'm honest, I wasn't that good even then; I think I might have peaked somewhere in the top 50?). Late into Gen 5, I took a break from Pokemon as I was struggling with health problems and couldn't really bring myself to play any more. I kept an eye on the competitive scene out of interest, but that was about it. Coming into Gen 7, I'm back and want to improve myself. What little concept I had of team-building is all but a memory, and I'm finding it hard to settle into the game. Hence this post.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Both, but I'm easier to contact on Discord.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes.

assigned to HQuaze

Username: Ocharlo_RM
PO/PS! Username: Ocharlo_RM/ LordCharlo
Your timezone: GMT (UK timezone)
Usual Hours of Availability: 4pm-9pm weekdays (except Wednesday), anytime after 11am on weekends + Wednesdays
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
I discovered competitive Pokémon in early XY, I played casually on PS!, until a year later when a friend convinced me to take it more seriously. Since then I improved slightly and became able to build my own teams, and get to around 1600s in the OU ladder during ORAS and SM. I feel like at this point I'm not improving anymore and would like some help in order to continue playing at a higher level.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord only.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes.

assigned to LL

Username: Jase duken
PO/PS! Username: Jase duken
Your timezone: -6gmt
Usual Hours of Availability: 7pm-1am
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I played alot in ORAS and had some success in OU and when SM came around I kinda fell off and quit mons and trying to get back on my feet
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes

Loloartsi

Banned deucer.
assigned to Simia

Username: Loloartsi
PO/PS! Username: ^
Your timezone: GMT +3
Usual Hours of availability: 4pm-9pm weekdays, 12am-9pm weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started in late XY and been maining Ubers the entire time, hoping to learn more tiers now and ive always liked OU (mained it actually for a short time) but never really got the hang of it x)
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: discord
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

Username: Aurella
PO/PS! Username: Aurella
Your timezone: GMT-5
Usual Hours of Availability:
flexible schedule, can schedule anytime from 12pm or 1pm EST on (weekends preferred)
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I normally play stall with defensive sweepers but enjoy coming up with creative and unique sets to catch my opponents very off guard, I've peaked in top 5 in SUMO before (but don't ladder seriously these days). I'm looking to become a tour player and would like someone to help me get my game to the next level, especially in team building which I am very hit-or-miss when it comes to that. I'm hoping a tutor could help me understand and use standard styles of play (i'm decent with balance and stall, but not good at offense), while also helping to expand the efficacy of my creativity team building reliability, similar to ABR or Ciele. I'm very passionate about this opportunity as I'm looking to make a new friend out of this too. I'm currently in OST so this would be a good learning experience! My playstyle performance varies, so i'm hoping a tutor can bring more consistency to my skill level.

Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord

assigned to HQuaze

Username: Chara Undernet
PO/PS! Username: Chara Undernet
Usual Hours of Availability: usually 6pm to 10pm weekdays, anytime after 12am weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I'm playing since ORAS got released, and mainly played stallish/balanced teams to reach ~1700 in OU, I didn't really focus on teambuilding and would like being able to build my own teams, as well as acquire things I'm currently missing about how to play a game.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Both, pref discord tho

assigned to Za Meowdo

Username: HarrisIsAwesome
PO/PS Username: HarrisIsAwesome
Your timezone: GMT +6
Usual Hours of Avaliability : Any time past 4:30 my time on Monday and Wendsday, free any time after 8:30 on Friday, and free all day Saturday.
Tell us a little about your experience in competive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I’ve been playing since ORAS and am a big fan of Bulky Offense usually, tho I won’t hesitate to use any playstyle if necessary. I’ve hit places like 1900s on the OU ladder, but fail to stay consistent in this game and need insight from a better player. My skills as a team builder are extremely one-dimensional and would love to expand my creativity.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes, I prefer discord however.

assigned to sedertz

Username: babyvortex
PS! Username: babyvortex
Your timezone: EST (GMT -5)
Usual Hours of Availability: tuesday-friday (if no work scheduled) 8 PM - 12 AM, weekends 12 PM - 12 AM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I first played pokemon white a few years ago; I got into competitive a little bit but have not been consistent throughout the years. I have played generations 5, 6, and 7 with not that much experience. I want to be a better player but work + school can be overwhelming ;< Will try to be as active as possible!
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
yes

assigned to LL

Username: Bradthebad101
PO/PS! Username:Bradthebad101
Your timezone: Central.
Usual Hours of Availability: I can be around at night around 6ish normally on some nights
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Ive played a few things, this would include smou, smmono, draft format. Ive hit top 500 with electric and in ou i hang around 1300s 1400s. I just wanna improve.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord

assigned to patlop2307
Username: holiano
PS! Username: holia
Your timezone: gmt+1
Usual Hours of Availability: really flexible can adapt to tutor's availabilities
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): playing since a while now mostly lowtiers (nu is my favorite tiers), but i'd like to learn how to be decent at ou, mostly looking foward to learn more on the metagame/how to build
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: discord

Akaru Kokuyo

Discord: Akaruyo
is a Top Tiering Contributor
World Defender
assigned to Team Pokepals

Username: Akaru Kokuyo
PO/PS! Username: Akaru Kokuyo
Your timezone: GMT -6
Usual Hours of Availability: Afternoons and nights (Between 17:00 - 22:00)
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing Mons for about 4 years. I consider myself a pretty decent player in Singles (Since my main is Doubles), but I'd like to learn more about evaluating certain situations, and even more how to build in OU. I've also been in several tours here in Smogon.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Both

cielbakasan

Banned deucer.
assigned to patlop2307

Username: Cielbakasan
PO/PS! Username: Ciel est le futur
I am available on weekdays from 3.30pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):

I am someone who started the strat in sm and I know a little meta, my experience is that I made some teamtours (french) and an english and that I already made 1900 in ladder

Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Only discord

Username: JaxEvans
PO/PS! Username: JaxEvans
Your timezone: GMT -7
Weekdays after 6PM and open weekends

I've been playing Pokemon for several years, but only started looking into competitive play the last two months. I've been reading the forums, but not commenting as much, and playing on Showdown. I pretty quickly got to 1400 but haven't been able to get beyond that, which is what lead me here. I'm hoping to get a better understanding of the strategies and thought process of an experienced player.

Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: I've used Skype before, I can figure out Discord if that is preferred.

jojodabosss

Banned deucer.
assigned to LL

username: ithrowrocksatkids
timezone: est
usual hours: on weekends always available at night and on week days 6-11 most days
tell us about youre experience in competitive pokemon: ive been playing since the begining of usum im a bad battler but have a good understanding of the meta. im getting into laddering my peaks around 1650. im looking to improve in all aspects
are you able to discord or skype: discord
do you understand blacklist: yes

assigned to sedertz

Username: AtChris
PO/PS! Username: Cogitation
Your timezone: GMT +4 / EST
Usual Hours of Availability: 4-12 PM on weekdays, 1PM-10PM, 1AM-4AM weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Started playing seriously this gen, peaked around 1750 and can hover around there if I use other peoples teams. Making my own teams, I can hover around 1500-1600 comfortably. Looking to improve my understanding of the meta game, team style match ups (balance vs stall etc), and my skills in team building, playing ability. Looking to enter tournament play eventually.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes

Akai

Indeed akai is either a mom or 50
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
assigned to Simia

Username: AkaiTenshi
PO/PS! Username: Akai Tenshi
Timezone: GMT 0
Usual hours of availability: For the coming week I'll be available Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 11PM to 3AM. The next I'll be available all the week from 11PM to 3AM.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started to play in competitive pokemon since gen6 but just few matches just for fun (only 3 or 4 matches per days nothing more). I picked around 1450 on the USUM ladder after that I can't get higher, I tried to build my own teams with a group of friends who are better players than me. I really want to know when I need to predict and when I don't have and maybe try to in some major Smogon tournaments later.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype? I am able to use discord.
Do you understand how the blacklist works? Yes.

assigned to urban

Username: vexcaracal
PO/PS! Username: vexcaracal
Your timezone: CST (GMT-6)
Usual Hours of Availability: Friday, Saturday and Sunday afternoons
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I'm very new to competitive battling and I'd absolutely love to learn more. I've done around 60 or 70 battles in SUMO OU and I'm generally stuck at around 1200 max (like I said, very new). I've generally designed my teams myself, and I know how to play with them, but I really would like a lot of advice with regards to that.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord works better for me but I have Skype too

assigned to patlop2307

Username: ninamori
PS! Username: ninamori
Your timezone: EST (GMT -4)
Usual Hours of Availability: 8pm onwards, sometimes afternoons on weekends or when i dont have classes during the week. also available for european timezones
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): been playing casually on the ladder for a while now with a few relatively good scores, but recently i thought id join forums to play tournaments. this is when i realized im not very good. i would love if someone could help me in this aspect. not to sound picky, but i have the basics down (i think) and i would really appreciate if someone would be willing to show me how to succeed in bigger tournaments.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes, discord

Username:nubzie
PS! Username:nubzie/nubzie owns1 (i dont like to play ladder games on nubzie)
Your timezone:gmt+10
Usual Hours of Availability: im free atm from 9pm my time to 5am due to my job
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): played competitively since i registered my acc nubzie on ps in late 2015. i used to be ok at oras uu which is what i played mostly in oras, only rly dablled in ou in sm ou, im okish i guess, been on the top 30 on the ladder before and i get hooked when laddering so i generally try to stay away from laddering too much lol. im interested to get into tours so hopefully me posting this will lead me to have some idea where to start coz i legit have no clue lol
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: only discord

rozae

Banned deucer.
assigned to Indigo Plateau

Username: rozae
PO/PS! Username: rozae
Your timezone: gmt -6
Usual Hours of Availability: anytime after 3 pm on the weekdays, and for the most part all day on the weekends.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): i've played mons competitively since 2013, mainly causally on the ladder. however, i've always wanted to get into a tournament setting, so i'm looking for someone who could help me improve. i enjoy using bulky offense, or just fat teams in general, i find those to be the best play styles that work for me.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: either works
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yeah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)