Apprentice Program: Round 110

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Welcome to Round 110 of Battling 101! If you're seeking a tutor, you're in the right place. Read the rules carefully and fill out the signup template below.
  • You must be able to access Skype, or whatever your tutor wants as the primary form of communication.
  • You, the tutee, are responsible for setting up times with your tutor. Don't expect them to come to you. Take the initiative and post on their VM wall first. Additionally, please be patient if your tutor doesn't respond in the first 2-3 days.
  • Use the Tutee Talk forum to complain about your tutor (or praise them if they're doing a good job). These are no longer mandatory, but if your tutor is ridiculously inactive or is a complete jackass, COMPLAIN HERE. Nobody can see your tutee talk posts except for you and the Battling 101 Staff; everything is confidential.
  • Don't request tutors unless they have agreed to tutor you. Tutors: if you agree to take on that tutee, you may have to take two tutees depending on our matchup situation.
  • You may request priority if you were skipped in the previous two rounds, or if you had a ridiculously inactive tutor. Make it obvious in your signup thread that you are requesting it, otherwise we'll just glance over it when making pairings.
Fill out this form below, failure to fill out this form adequately means that Battling 101 Mods can ignore your signup post.

Username:
PO/PS! Username:
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
What tier do you want to learn?:
Tell us a little about yourself:
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?:
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
Example said:
Username: Steven Snype
PO/PS! Username: Andrew
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Tues, Fri 12 - 6 PM.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a baller that likes to play rugby and go to hackathons, but I'm pretty busy with stuff irl and often end up just sleeping through everything I need to go to.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes
The Blacklist (aka Battling 101 Detention)
You will be banned from signing up for future rounds if:
  • You show poor activity over the course of a round (banned for 2 rounds)
  • You decide during the round that you do not wish to be tutored anymore, or you mistakenly sign up for a tier you thought was something else, and no longer wish to be tutored. This is most common when selecting Smogon Doubles / VGC, THEY ARE NOT THE SAME THING (banned for 2 rounds)
  • You show a lack of enthusiasm or you're consistently distracted by other things (banned for 1 or 2 rounds)
  • You fail to complete the tutor evaluation form that we will send out during the last week of the round (banned for 2 rounds, infracted for 1 point)
  • You are annoying to deal with. This will vary from tutor to tutor. Some tutors don't like it when you talk back, argue with them, whine about hax, whine about sucking at Pokemon, or any version of the 'woe is me' attitude. Tutors get pissed at different things, so if they complain to us that you are exhibiting poor behavior, expect to be on the blacklist. (banned for 3 rounds)
Repeated offense of any of the situations above means you will have an extra round added to the regular ban. For example, if you show for a second round that you have poor activity, your ban will be 3 rounds. If you have been on the blacklist for three different instances, you will be EXPELLED from Battling 101 (perma-ban from signing up).

OminousDraco - Round 112
jordancampos66 - Round 112
megabackingengar - Round 112
thekeytoyourheart - Round 112

This round will end on Aug 5.

This thread will close after 60 amount of posts have been made to prevent a huge backlog of people requesting priority for the next round.

Reactions: rs
Username: Luxray
PO/PS! Username:pokemongarchomp12
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday from 2pm-4pm pacific time
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS OU
Tell us a little about yourself: College student just looking to get into battling again!

Username: M. Butterfly
PO/PS! Username: M. Butterfly
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays after 7.
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS/XY OU Singles, ORAS/XY UU Singles (preference to OU, but you can stick me in UU if there isn’t any room left in OU)
Tell us a little about yourself: Just a college kid who loves theatre, dance, making things, good food, and Pokemon. I know a little bit about competitive battling but I’d like to do better.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Skype, mostly
Yes, and I will do my best to keep up my commitment and learn as much as possible

Username: Knightsofhallow

PO/PS: Knightsofhallow

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EDT, Weekdays 4-10pm. Weekends anytime from 12 noon till midnight.

What Tier do you want to learn? ORAS LC.

Tell us a little about yourself: I’ve played mons since I was a kid. I just did a session in ORAS OU and I’m hoping to learn about LC to help familiarize myself with a more aggressive metagame and also playstyle. I’m starting my last semester of University this coming fall and hoping to graduate by Winter! I’m into sports, video games, and I’ve recently started reading books on my free time as well.

Are you able to use either IRC or Skype? Yes, whichever the tutor prefers works for me.

Do you understand how the blacklist works? Yes.

Username: Shayminaire
PO/PS! Username: Shayminaire
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EDT Monday-Friday: 4pm onwards; Saturday and Sunday: anytime after noon
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a high school student, and I have played pokemon for as long I can remember and I want to get better at it.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Skype

Username: Lonx
PO/PS! Username: Lonx
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Central Time (Mexico City); Wed, Fri 5 - 7 PM; Sat, Sun 1 - 5 PM.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a filmmaking student, been playing Pokemon since I was a little kid and I'd like to get a bit more into the Metagame, learning how to create new movesets and stuff.

Username: Seyfer
PO/PS! Username: ArchAngelThomas
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: -5 GMT,(EST) Monday through Friday 6pm to 10pm, Saturday most afternoons and evenings, Sunday, most evenings
What tier do you want to learn?: VGC
Tell us a little about yourself: Fairly recently got a DS and started playing VGC. Went to my first tournament, went 1 and 4, would like to improve.

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Username: josh
PO/PS! Username: flex
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: est, varies
What tier do you want to learn?: oras ou
Tell us a little about yourself: xd
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: skype
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: y

Username: jvl101993
PO/PS! Username: jvl101993
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5 (Central Time), generally available at most times.
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Competitively playing since Lati/Mence DPP, want to learn more tiers, generally improve. I got tutored a few rounds back, and I unfortunately never got to finish.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Both

Username: HeartofOblivion
PO/PS! Username: HeartofOblivion
Timezone and availability: EDT (GMT -4) Monday - Thursday 6:00pm-10:00pm
Tier I want to learn: ORAS UU singles
Tell us a little about yourself: Big fan of pokemon and tabletop gaming in general. Like cooking, hiking, and going out for a brew with friends.
IRC or Skype: yes, prefer skype
Do I understand the blacklist?: yes

Reactions: nv
Username: Choops94
PO/PS! Username: Choops94
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +0 time zone, available Mon-Fri 9am-5pm with some flexiblity
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm back from university over the summer and wanted to improve at mons with my spare time!
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes both, but would prefer IRC

Username: ReshiRampage
PO/PS! Username: ReshiRampage
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1, Available Mon-Wed:7:30PM-9PM , Fri and Sat: 8PM-midnight
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 16 year-old Swedish guy living in Belgium. Joined Smogon during late BW2, took a break during XY but came back last year. I want to learn DPP since I find it one of the most enjoyable metas and because I want to improve my Smogon Tour results.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Both, prefer IRC. My Skype is johan.ericsson99

Username: Nightingales
PO/PS! Username: Nightingales or Eyasluna, depends on the day
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, EST, most times after 15:00 are good for me
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: Nerd who's leaving in a few weeks and wants to just finish up some shit.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Si mi amigo
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: See above answer.

feen

control
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Username: Andromeda.
PO/PS! Username: ANDROMEDA
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+6, nights
What tier do you want to learn?: DOU
Tell us a little about yourself: Bangladesh Parkour
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Both

DrReuniclus

Smogon's full of bullies.
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Username: DrReuniclus
PO/PS! Username: DrReuniclus3
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: I'll find time.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm self concious but I like to post memes on pokemon forums.
Snowy. agreed to tutor me

Username: SomewhatOddish
PO/PS! Username: SomewhatOddish
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: ET/Mondays-Thursdays, anytime after 3 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS UU
Tell us a little about yourself: Graduated high school this year, on my way to becoming a college freshman. My first Pokemon game was Sapphire.
Yes

Username:Bernardo Gallo
PO/PS! Username:Knaryo
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:Brasilia time zone, everyday 14:00-20:00
What tier do you want to learn?:ORAS OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a Brazilian college student who likes pokemon and want to learn more aboute the competitive part of the game.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: I am able to use skype

Username: DiegFr12
PO/PS! Username: Omgwtf89
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5 Mon-Fri usually from 8:00pm - 1:00 am, on weekends pretty much the whole day.
Tell us a little about yourself: Peruvian, in my mid 20's. Started playing pokemon as a kid. Took a break just before ORAS came out and just got back into the game like a month ago. Love playing singles and would like to learn OU better.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes. Preferably Skype

Username: amberlamps
PO/PS! Username: amberlamps
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: in the afternoon/evenings gmt +2, almost all days
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'd like to get more into oldgens, i like chinchillas and memes

Username: fapkingg
PO/PS! Username: same
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt+2 anytime.
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU or ORAS NU
Tell us a little about yourself: :^)
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yeah

pancake

movement and location
is a Contributor Alumnus
Username: VeryPinkPancakes
PO/PS! Username: VeryPinkPancakes
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST (GMT -4). These three weeks I'll have weird availability. All be available weekends all weeks, daylight hours (for the most part). for the first two weeks, I'll be home at 3:30 EST each day. However, for the last week I'll barely be available.
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS NU
Tell us a little about yourself: Hi, I'm a New England high schooler. When I'm not battling in my main tier, ORAS PU, I am playing/composing music (basically my life). I also enjoy the sciences, theatre (I do tech), hanging with my friends, and running.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes.

MegaStarUniverse

Banned deucer.
Username: MegaStarUniverse
PO/PS! Username: MegaStarUniverse
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-6 Central from 1:00-8:00 PM
Tell us a little about yourself: i need to improve on my plays and have a better mental game and win conditions
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: yes skype
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

Last edited:
Username: Jhonx
PO/PS! Username: EG Jhonx
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-4 (Chile), Avaible most of the time
Tell us a little about yourself: Competitively playing since BW2 got released, and been playing ORAS ubers good.

Username: Drangonn
PO/PS! Username: Drangonn
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: est, varies
What tier do you want to learn?: oras uu
Tell us a little about yourself: UU is my worst teambuilding tier so please help me
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: I can use irc but plz if you can discord plz let's do that
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yea

Last edited:
Username: Mr. Highways
PO/PS! Username: Highways Mr
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -3. I'm on basically every day, from 12:00 AM to 3 PM my time.
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS NU.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 13 y/o guy that is a good student and like to play Pokémon when I'm free. I like to play Soccer/Tenis and talk with my friends.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: I'm able to use Skype.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)