Apprentice Program: Round 108

Status
Not open for further replies.

rs

STANDING ON BUSINESS
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion

Welcome to Round 108 of Battling 101! If you're seeking a tutor, you're in the right place. Read the rules carefully and fill out the signup template below.
  • You must be able to access Skype, or whatever your tutor wants as the primary form of communication.
  • You, the tutee, are responsible for setting up times with your tutor. Don't expect them to come to you. Take the initiative and post on their VM wall first. Additionally, please be patient if your tutor doesn't respond in the first 2-3 days.
  • Use the Tutee Talk forum to complain about your tutor (or praise them if they're doing a good job). These are no longer mandatory, but if your tutor is ridiculously inactive or is a complete jackass, COMPLAIN HERE. Nobody can see your tutee talk posts except for you and the Battling 101 Staff; everything is confidential.
  • Don't request tutors unless they have agreed to tutor you. Tutors: if you agree to take on that tutee, you may have to take two tutees depending on our matchup situation.
  • You may request priority if you were skipped in the previous two rounds, or if you had a ridiculously inactive tutor. Make it obvious in your signup thread that you are requesting it, otherwise we'll just glance over it when making pairings.
Fill out this form below, failure to fill out this form adequately means that Battling 101 Mods can ignore your signup post.

Username:
PO/PS! Username:
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
What tier do you want to learn?:
Tell us a little about yourself:
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?:
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
Example said:
Username: Steven Snype
PO/PS! Username: Andrew
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Tues, Fri 12 - 6 PM.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a baller that likes to play rugby and go to hackathons, but I'm pretty busy with stuff irl and often end up just sleeping through everything I need to go to.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes
The Blacklist (aka Battling 101 Detention)
You will be banned from signing up for future rounds if:
  • You show poor activity over the course of a round (banned for 2 rounds)
  • You decide during the round that you do not wish to be tutored anymore, or you mistakenly sign up for a tier you thought was something else, and no longer wish to be tutored. This is most common when selecting Smogon Doubles / VGC, THEY ARE NOT THE SAME THING (banned for 2 rounds)
  • You show a lack of enthusiasm or you're consistently distracted by other things (banned for 1 or 2 rounds)
  • You fail to complete the tutor evaluation form that we will send out during the last week of the round (banned for 2 rounds, infracted for 1 point)
  • You are annoying to deal with. This will vary from tutor to tutor. Some tutors don't like it when you talk back, argue with them, whine about hax, whine about sucking at Pokemon, or any version of the 'woe is me' attitude. Tutors get pissed at different things, so if they complain to us that you are exhibiting poor behavior, expect to be on the blacklist. (banned for 3 rounds)
Repeated offense of any of the situations above means you will have an extra round added to the regular ban. For example, if you show for a second round that you have poor activity, your ban will be 3 rounds. If you have been on the blacklist for three different instances, you will be EXPELLED from Battling 101 (perma-ban from signing up).

bromelain: 108-109
PocketMan: 108-109
Vore Gidal: 108-109

This round will end on May 29.

This thread will close after 60 amount of posts have been made to prevent a huge backlog of people requesting priority for the next round.

Last edited by a moderator:
Username: MunchingPotatoe (yes I know ‘potato’ isn’t spelled correctly)
PO/PS! Username:
Soapy Monster
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
PST/PDT and Mon-Fri 7 pm – 10 pm, Sat-Sun as my schedule permits but usually any time of day
What tier do you want to learn?:
ORAS OU would be the best for me I think
I am a sophomore in high school that has played mons since Fire Red/Leaf Green but didn’t get into competitive till around mid XY. I’ve been involved in a lot of leagues but don’t do too well and want to get my overall game better.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?:
Haven’t used IRC in a while but both work I guess. Skype is for sure to work though.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
I am aware of how the blacklist works.

Threw

cohiba
Username: Threw
PO/PS! Username: Threw
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EDT, weekdays 4-11, weekends whenever past 12 pm I guess. Emphasis on usual tho
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Wanna get better at this tier, since it makes up about 90% of the tours on this website
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: both
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: y

AAamen

☆Ojama: gg team italy
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Username:AAamen
PO/PS! Username:AAamen
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT+2
What tier do you want to learn?:NU
Tell us a little about yourself:I playing for about two years and i like pokemons
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?:I can use Skype
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:Yes

Username: Icing On Da Cake
PO/PS! Username: Nutella Icing
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST; 5-10PM weekdays, 7PM-3AM Saturdays, all day Sunday
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I play Pokemon. Pretty rusty in UU (haven't extensively played in a while), and I could use a refresher.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: yup
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yup

Username: smithkavik
PO/PS! Username: smithkavik
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PDT (GMT -7):
Fridays, 9:30-11:00am; Wednesdays, 8:30-10:00pm;
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS VGC 16
I'm loving (re)learning competitive Pokemon for the first time since Crystal. I turned 30 last week, and love my young family (wife, 2 year old daughter, son due in September) and their support in this consuming hobby! We lived in Indonesia for 8 months last year and plan to move to Ethiopia in early 2017!

Username: piikachuu
PO/PS! Username: piiiikachuuu
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PDT (-7), anytime past 2PM
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS NU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a college student that wants to play more tiers and meet some new people

Username: TrulyDevious
PO/PS! Username: TrulyDevious
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +8, whole day
Tell us a little about yourself: Student on vacation so I have free time. I'm very active and willing to learn.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes, but I prefer IRC.

I wasn't able to sign up for a desired tier last round and had to take different tier with a vacant slot.

Username: Jedenn
PO/PS! Username: Jedenn
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Gmt +2, all afternoons
What tier do you want to learn?: Oras LC
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a french guy who failed 1st university year and who plays pokemon instead of working
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Skype
Coconut agreed to tutor me this round

Last edited:
Username: Holiano
PO/PS! Username: Holiano
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+2
Tell us a little about yourself: French player who play since a while, want to learn more about UU.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Both
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yea
Cute user Sacri' agreed to be my tutor for this round

BlazingDark

formerly Mister Sauce
is a Past WCoP Champion
RoAPL Champion
Username: BlazingDark
PO/PS! Username: BlazingDark
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+2
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm french, i like sports and comics
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

Username: les gets
PO/PS! Username: les gets
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, 5pm and later
What tier do you want to learn?: PU
Tell us a little about yourself: mechanical engineering major at university doing research during the summer, but i'll have a lot of free time. i've been floating around smogon on and off for quite a while. Never quite had the time to contribute to the community.

Username: BoukiPO/PS!
Username: Bouki
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+2 Monday-Sunday available after 2PM
What tier do you want to learn?:UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a french player and i want to improve my knowledeges in UU. I'm 35 (i know i'm old) and i'm actually looking for a job as a sales manager. I spend most of my free time to watch series , playing rugby ...
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Irc
Christo agreed to tutor me this round

Username: IroUmi
PO/PS! Username: IroUmi, Tabeta
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, Anytime other than 6am-9am M-F (Practice).
Tell us a little about yourself: In my second year of Uni as a Comp Sci major, I am semi-fluent in Japanese, and also I run Track for my University.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes either is fine.

I was skipped last round~

toshimelonhead

Honey Badger don't care.
is a Tiering Contributor
Username: toshimelonhead
PO/PS! Username: toshimelonhead (with a few not so secret alts)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5. I don’t have much of a life.
Tell us a little about yourself: Perennial #USCentralreject, looking to change that this year and start at ORAS OU. Urban agreed to tutor me. Would be nice to get the Team Rater badge with a little bit more metagame knowledge, as well.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: We’re Skype / IRC Buds
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes – let’s just assume I won’t be on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Username: Miltankmilk
PO/PS! Username: Miltankmilk
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -6 (CST) evenings/weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: BW ou
Tell us a little about yourself: College political science student, I started playing after the BW era had ended so I’d really like a chance to learn it now
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: yea
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yea

Requesting priority from last round

Username:UnawareUser
PO/PS! Username:UnawareUser
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT Standard time.Weekdays on at 4.00pm ish and weekends on all the time.
What tier do you want to learn?:Nu/dou Tell us a little about yourself:I'm a hs student who wants to get better at mons [:
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?:I can use skype
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:yup

Last edited:
Username: NeoZyX
PO/PS: NeoZyX
Your timezone and Usual hours of availability: GMT+2
What tier do you want to learn?: Oras RU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a franch player, I'm 17, I want to learn more about Oras RU, but I have some troubles with the tier
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype: Skype

Mikaav

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Username: Jethalal
PO/PS! Username: Jethalal
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: +5:30 nights
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS LC
Tell us a little about yourself: Just a 20 y/o guy who play pokemon
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: y

Username:sam i yam
PO/PS! Username: sam i yam
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: -5 EST. anytime after 5 on weekdays. anytime weekends
Tell us a little about yourself: 8/10 irl
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: both

Eyan

sleep is the cousin of death
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So both the people that I agreed to tutor this round are dead at this time so I'm posting for them, double posting instead of a single post according to Shiba
user no. 1:

Username: Floette
PO/PS! Username: Floette
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+10 (yay); Evenings or Weekends (no Thursdays)
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm an Australian and I'm a university student. owo
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: I can if needed~
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yup!

Eyan has agreed to tutor me this round

Username: LordKrondor9000
PO/PS! Username: LordKrondor9000
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: US East Coast, available all nights after 8PM except for Fridays
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS Doubles OU or VGC16, with no preference
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a 22-year old engineering student who thinks in OU (matchup-based), and I want to learn how to wrap my head around doubles.

Last edited:
Username: Hammyosman
PO/PS! Username: Hammy0
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: central us on during weekdaya
What tier do you want to learn?:UU
Tell us a little about yourself:in college love basketball and football
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?:I can use skype

Username:Flume
PO/PS! Username: FLUMES
Your timezone and usual hours of availability
:EST I'm usually on
What tier do you want to learn?:ORAS OU Tell us a little about yourself:HS student that plays mons and draws
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?:I can use both
PDC has agreed to tutor me this round

Last edited:
Username: Ninjacalibur
PO/PS! Username: Ninjacalibur
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-3, mostly in afternoon and evening (2PM-8PM)
Tell us a little about yourself: just want to learn more about UU, it's one of my favorite ORAS tiers
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: yes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)