Apprentice Program: Round 106

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to Round 106 of Battling 101! If you're seeking a tutor, you're in the right place. Read the rules carefully and fill out the signup template below.
  • You must be able to access IRC or Skype, or whatever your tutor wants as the primary form of communication. We have an IRC channel #battling101 for easy communication with most of the tutors.
  • You, the tutee, are responsible for setting up times with your tutor. Don't expect them to come to you. Take the initiative and post on their VM wall first. Additionally, please be patient if your tutor doesn't respond in the first 2-3 days.
  • Use the Tutee Talk forum to complain about your tutor (or praise them if they're doing a good job). These are no longer mandatory, but if your tutor is ridiculously inactive or is a complete jackass, COMPLAIN HERE. Nobody can see your tutee talk posts except for you and the Battling 101 Staff; everything is confidential.
  • Don't request tutors unless they have agreed to tutor you. Tutors: if you agree to take on that tutee, you may have to take two tutees depending on our matchup situation.
  • You may request priority if you were skipped in the previous two rounds, or if you had a ridiculously inactive tutor. Make it obvious in your signup thread that you are requesting it, otherwise we'll just glance over it when making pairings.
Fill out this form below, failure to fill out this form adequately means that Battling 101 Mods can ignore your signup post.
Username:
PO/PS! Username:
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
What tier do you want to learn?:
Tell us a little about yourself:
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?:
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
Example said:
Username: Steven Snype
PO/PS! Username: Andrew
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Tues, Fri 12 - 6 PM.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a baller that likes to play rugby and go to hackathons, but I'm pretty busy with stuff irl and often end up just sleeping through everything I need to go to.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes
The Blacklist (aka Battling 101 Detention)
You will be banned from signing up for future rounds if:
  • You show poor activity over the course of a round (banned for 2 rounds)
  • You decide during the round that you do not wish to be tutored anymore, or you mistakenly sign up for a tier you thought was something else, and no longer wish to be tutored. This is most common when selecting Smogon Doubles / VGC, THEY ARE NOT THE SAME THING (banned for 2 rounds)
  • You show a lack of enthusiasm or you're consistently distracted by other things (banned for 1 or 2 rounds)
  • You fail to complete the tutor evaluation form that we will send out during the last week of the round (banned for 2 rounds, infracted for 1 point)
  • You are annoying to deal with. This will vary from tutor to tutor. Some tutors don't like it when you talk back, argue with them, whine about hax, whine about sucking at Pokemon, or any version of the 'woe is me' attitude. Tutors get pissed at different things, so if they complain to us that you are exhibiting poor behavior, expect to be on the blacklist. (banned for 3 rounds)
Repeated offense of any of the situations above means you will have an extra round added to the regular ban. For example, if you show for a second round that you have poor activity, your ban will be 3 rounds. If you have been on the blacklist for three different instances, you will be EXPELLED from Battling 101 (perma-ban from signing up).

Tahu: 105-107
TheUnknow: 105-106
FatCorgi: 105-106
RedNoob: 105-106
HMSesthetic: 105-106
Kiyo: 105-106
RickyGao: 105-106

This round will end on April 14.

This thread will close after 60 amount of posts have been made to prevent a huge backlog of people requesting priority for the next round.

Manipulative

Camila <3
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Username: Manipulative
PO/PS! Username: Truly Manipulative
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, GMT-5. Usually available from 4PM - 11PM on school days. Hours could be more flexible on weekends and holidays.
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a senior in high school and getting ready to go off to college next year. I usually spend my free time either watching Anime, playing pokemon, or playing basketball.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes, Skype.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yup.

* Team Pokepals agreed to tutor me this round, so it would be great if I could be paired up with him :).

Reactions: TPP
Username: Yaron
PO/PS! Username: yaront
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: CET (GMT+1), available in the evenings (19:00~00:00) and on weekends throughout the day
Tell us a little about yourself: I’m a programmer working on sat-navs; I’ve been into Pokémon since the days of Red and Blue (with pauses), but never played competitively
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes, both

shnen

שוני
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Username: shnen
PO/PS! Username: shnen
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT, weekends 14-23, weekdays 16-22 (at the most basic level - it obviously depends depending on work to do, things doing irl etc.)
What tier do you want to learn?: Honestly, I'd like to learn any ORAS tier. I suppose OU and NU would be the two I'd most want to, but any would be great - been completely out of this gen.
Tell us a little about yourself: Used to be very into mons, especially NU (in 5th gen.). Was even a tutor here of that for a brief period. Never really got into this gen, though, but I'm feeling like I would like to now.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yeah, both.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes.

Username:|Blank|
PO/PS! Username: Genos03
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: My timezone is GMT +5:30. I will be available for pretty much the entire day, since my finals just finished.
What tier do you want to learn?: OR/AS OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Just a 16 year old who dreams big. I like Soccer and watch Anime. And uh, I'd like to become a part of the forums too.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes, preferrably Skype

Username: Iron Pyrite
PO/PS! Username: Iron Pyrite
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1, I'm usually available after 8 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: PU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a french guy who loves anime/manga and music and who wants to be more confident in teambuilding and in english.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes.

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Username: Ununhexium
PO/PS! Username: Ununhexium
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -4 apparently and weekends and afternoons
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS UU
Tell us a little about yourself: im just ass at battling
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: both
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yeet

Last edited:
Username: Alyuria
PO/PS! Username: Alyuria
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Weekdays 3-6 PST, Weekends Most of day.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a second semester high school senior with a little too much time on my hands. I'm really new to competitive pokemon and was hoping that I could get some help. Thanks!

Did not manage to have any sessions with tutor last round largely due to schedule conflicts.

Username: Jedenn
PO/PS! Username : Jedenn
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Tuesday and thursday afternoons, weak ends (GMT +1)
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a french guy, studying law at college, who plays oras uu for some time but at a level I consider pretty low and I would like to improve it
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes, skype

Username:Harsh
PO/PS! Username: OminousDraco
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT + 05.30 , avaialable most afternoons and evening
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS PU
Tell us a little about yourself:not much just wanted to get better in playing mons starting from pu which interests me.I like playing guitar and reading novels
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yup

** Dundies agreed to tutor me this round.Would be gr8 if im paired with him :)

Username: chill shadow
PO/PS! Username:gengar17/ chillshadow
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt +2 afternoon and evening
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU (gsc ou/rby ou if there are no ADV tutors, see priority request)
Tell us a little about yourself: 21 year old business student with too much time
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

requesting priority because i was skipped last 2 rounds for ADV OU

Mysterious M

Sic mundus creatus est
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Username: Mysterious M
PO/PS! Username: Mysterious M
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +2 and available after 5PM
What tier do you want to learn?: RBY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Ubers player, had an interaction with the tier and i find it to be a cool one.
Do you understand how the blacklist works? Yes

Username: piikachuu
PO/PS! Username: piiiikachuuu / piikachuu
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PST, 5pm - whenever
Tell us a little about yourself: bored college student with nothing else to do

Username:Seppuku commander
PO/PS! Username:Seppuku commander
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT Standard time.Weekdays on at 4.00pm ish and weekends on all the time.
What tier do you want to learn?:Oras UU if not available Oras ou/Pu
Tell us a little about yourself:I'm a hs student who wants to get better at mons [:
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?:I can use skype
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:Yeh,and I don't want to be on it lol.

Last edited:
Username: Villa
PO/PS! Username: Villa
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+0 evenings
Tell us a little about yourself: like football, support a bad team
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: skype preferably
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: ye

Username: ninjacalibur
PO/PS! Username: ninjacalibur
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: -3, aorund afternoon weekdays, all day on weekend
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS DOU
Tell us a little about yourself: im mostly into singles formats, but now i'd like to learn doubles too
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: yes both

feen

control
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Username: Arifeen
PO/PS! Username: Arifeen
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +6 after 9pm
What tier do you want to learn?: GSC OU
Tell us a little about yourself:~
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: both
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: ya
Bedschibaer agreed to tutor me

Last edited:

Sacri'

the end is here
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Username: Sacri'
PO/PS! Username: Sacri'
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1, available usually after 4 PM my time.
Tell us a little about yourself: French 15 years old dude trying to learn more about this tier. o:
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Sure

Username: 1 True Lycan
PO/PS! Username: 1 True Lycan
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT, 4pm - 12pm most days
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: University student who likes to play pokemon in his spare time.

Username: Obliviate
PO/PS! Username: Obliviatee
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: most weekends, preferably on evenings; GMT+1
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU

Username: obii
PO/PS! Username: obii
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: anyday after 5pm EST (gmt-4) unless im busy
Tell us a little about yourself: 18 year old college student studying physics and wanting to learn more about uu :D

Pearl agreed to tutor me

Username: Milhau5
PO/PS! Username: Brickhau5
You timezone and usual hours of Availability: GMT-4, I work 8-4 Mon-Fri EDIT: I get home at 5:45. Not available on Fridays, but can so Sat/Sun from 1-8 PM.
What tier do you want to learn?: VGC16
Tell us a little bit about yourself: I am a 22-year-old fulltime software programmer that wants to try a new Pokemon tier. It makes me nostalgic for JAA 2006 and it looks really fun.

Last edited:
Username: lolbro
PO/PS! Username: lolbro
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:EST -5 everyday bar sat past 3pm
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS PU
Tell us a little about yourself: 14 y/o Student. I'm probably most known among my friends for being really goofy and
having a lot of energy, almost all the time. My hobbies include reading, playing Bass Guitar , and playing video games(mainly mons!).
My favourite school subjects are probably French and English because languages are nice, and bilinguality is important
in Canada. I also stay up until 1 am consistently, like every day
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: yes, and discord too!
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Absolutely

Username: Nightingales
PO/PS! Username: Nightingales
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: ~after 1700 est
What tier do you want to learn?: oras uu
Tell us a little about yourself: i'm a chick who plays too much and sucks all the time
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: considering i'm not on it after a few rounds yeah

trace

tell me
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Username: TraceofLife
PO/PS! Username:TraceofLife
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:+7
What tier do you want to learn?:BW2 OU / ORAS OU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)