Apprentice Program: Round 102

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Welcome to Round 102 of Battling 101! If you're seeking a tutor, you're in the right place. Read the rules carefully and fill out the signup template below.
  • You must be able to access IRC or Skype, or whatever your tutor wants as the primary form of communication. We have an IRC channel #battling101 for easy communication with most of the tutors.
  • You, the tutee, are responsible for setting up times with your tutor. Don't expect them to come to you. Take the initiative and post on their VM wall first. Additionally, please be patient if your tutor doesn't respond in the first 2-3 days.
  • Use the Tutee Talk forum to complain about your tutor (or praise them if they're doing a good job). These are no longer mandatory, but if your tutor is ridiculously inactive or is a complete jackass, COMPLAIN HERE. Nobody can see your tutee talk posts except for you and the Battling 101 Staff; everything is confidential.
  • Don't request tutors unless they have agreed to tutor you. Tutors: if you agree to take on that tutee, you may have to take two tutees depending on our matchup situation.
  • You may request priority if you were skipped in the previous two rounds, or if you had a ridiculously inactive tutor. Make it obvious in your signup thread that you are requesting it, otherwise we'll just glance over it when making pairings.
Fill out this form below, failure to fill out this form adequately means that Battling 101 Mods can ignore your signup post.

Username:
PO/PS! Username:
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
What tier do you want to learn?:
Tell us a little about yourself:
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?:
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
Example said:
Username: Steven Snype
PO/PS! Username: Andrew
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Tues, Fri 12 - 6 PM.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a baller that likes to play rugby and go to hackathons, but I'm pretty busy with stuff irl and often end up just sleeping through everything I need to go to.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes
The Blacklist (aka Battling 101 Detention)
You will be banned from signing up for future rounds if:

• You show poor activity over the course of a round (banned for 2 rounds)
  • You decide during the round that you do not wish to be tutored anymore, or you mistakenly sign up for a tier you thought was something else, and no longer wish to be tutored. This is most common when selecting Smogon Doubles / VGC, THEY ARE NOT THE SAME THING (banned for 2 rounds)
  • You show a lack of enthusiasm or you're consistently distracted by other things (banned for 1 or 2 rounds)
  • You fail to complete the tutor evaluation form that we will send out during the last week of the round (banned for 2 rounds, infracted for 1 point)
  • You are annoying to deal with. This will vary from tutor to tutor. Some tutors don't like it when you talk back, argue with them, whine about hax, whine about sucking at Pokemon, or any version of the 'woe is me' attitude. Tutors get pissed at different things, so if they complain to us that you are exhibiting poor behavior, expect to be on the blacklist. (banned for 3 rounds)
Repeated offense of any of the situations above means you will have an extra round added to the regular ban. For example, if you show for a second round that you have poor activity, your ban will be 3 rounds. If you have been on the blacklist for three different instances, you will be EXPELLED from Battling 101 (perma-ban from signing up).

This round will end on Nov 10.

This thread will close after 60 amount of posts have been made to prevent a huge backlog of people requesting priority for the next round.

FIRST

Username: EdwardElric15
PO/PS Username: VentusAwakening
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1, I'm usually available week end and all day in the evening
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 16 years in high school. I like watching anime/film/series and playing video games
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Skype

Username: Cuzzie123
PO/PS! Username: Cuzzie
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: [GMT -7]Pacific Standard Time; Weekdays; around 7-10 PM (I have some flexibility, but not much)
Tell us a little about yourself: I’m in HS and have a pretty busy schedule. I did OLT (Peaked around 1700’s), but I could never actually build a good team myself, and I look forward to learning more about the tier. I regard myself as a decent battler, and I have been on showdown for a while, just not on forums.

Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: IRC

upload_2015-10-18_13-0-15.png

Last edited:
Username: Ksh13
PO/PS! Username: Ksh13
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+2, I'm available quite a bit between 2pm and 10pm my time mon-fri, but dinner, homework, and sometimes basketball training makes me not constantly be available always at these times, but I'm always available from 2pm to 4 pm. In the weekends I'm avaiable anywhere between 10am and 11pm most of the time.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm just a dude from Norway who loves Pokemon and solving the Rubik's Cube as fast as possible, and also plays basketball. I'm also intersted in football (or soccer as some of people call it). I am best at VGC, but I really like OU as well, and I am for some reason struggling to break 1500 on the ladder, although I feel like I am better than the people at the 1400s, but clearly I'm not so yeah I need help. My biggest weaknesses are probably teambuilding and preserving the correct pokes throughout the match.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Both work well for me

Last edited:
Username: celebitrainer36

PO/PS! Username: celebitrainer36

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Timezone: EST. Availability: Im available from 3:30pm - 11 pm on Monday-Thursday. Weekends vary but usually I'm not available on Friday, on Saturday Im available from 12:00 pm - 12:00 am, and Sunday 10:00am - 11 pm

What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU

Tell us a little about yourself: Im a 17 year old high school senior who is into soccer, snowboarding, graphic design, and competitive mons. Ive been playing competitve mons since BW2 but just started DPP OU about a month ago. Its the most fun meta Ive ever played and I want to learn to play it at a high level.

Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Both

Smogon Username: GradeAGarchomp

PO/PS! Username: GradeAGarchomp

Time Zone: (UTC -8)EST. Usually availiable Monday-Thursday 4-8pm
Friday:4pm-12 am
Saturday: 10am-12am
Sunday: 12am-9 pm

What tier do you want to learn? RU

Tell us a little about yourself: I am 14 years old and I have to stay afterschool daily for extracurricular activities. I enjoy Pokemon very much and I hope to learn RU as it isnt a tier I have done before! I will try my best to be on during the week between those times but life might come along and mess up the schedule a bit. My Smogon account is new just because I made it on Friday, the day I learned about this program. I hope after I do this program I will be able to spread my knowledge to other RU players.

Are you able to use Skype or Smogon IRC? Yes, but I prefer Skype.

Do you understand how the blacklist works? I fully understand

Username: Amorbis
PO/PS! Username:Amorbis
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +2. Available from 7 PM to 10 PM on weekdays and the whole Sunday and Saturday afternoon
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS NU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a somophore in high school. During my free time, I like to hang out with my friends, listen to musics, watch series and video games, mostly Pokemon. I've been on Showdown for 5 months but I really want to learn NU which why I signed up and hopefully tutor program will help me
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes, both are fine

Requesting Priority from last round

Username
: GreasyXSpoon
PO/PS! Username: GXS
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +10
What tier do you want to learn?: UU
Tell us a little about yourself: Not much to say, I'm just a bloke who likes pokemon
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes, Skype only
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:Yes

Last edited:
Username: Holiano
PO/PS! Username: Holiano
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt +2 and available a lot of time
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: Never played in Ubers, but i want to be better.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: yea
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: ya
Lord Outrage agreed to tutor me for this round

Username:Reverneth
PO/PS! Username:Reverneth
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: UTC/GMT: -4 , Very flexible
What tier do you want to learn?:ORAS OU
Tell us a little about yourself:Im a 21 year old man who has been playing for a while and want to get better
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?:Yes

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus
Username: Twix
PO/PS! Username: Twix
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, after 3
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS LC
Tell us a little about yourself: good player, likes hax
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

Username: Seishi
PO/PS! Username: epsilon to zero
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+5
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU, BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: 4th year CS + math major, play a lot of CS:GO and watch a lot of anime
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes, both

Username: HelloRotomVGC
PO/PS! Username: HelloRotom
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday
What tier do you want to learn?: VGC
Tell us a little about yourself: I’m Ben Cooper, I play Pokermanz and listen to music.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?:Yes

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
holy fuck filling up fast fast

Username: Joshz
PO/PS! Username: Josh
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, no set time but usually reachable
What tier do you want to learn?: UU
Tell us a little about yourself: im really bad at pokemon and am not funny despite how hard i try
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: skype is ideal, irc works i guess
itd be cool if i got Shiba or Eyan but i havent approved with them in advance, didnt have time to contact them so i know i might not get them :/

Username: Yatagarasu513
PO/PS! Username: shyam513
Timezone: GMT, weekdays 4pm onwards
Tier: ORAS OU
About me: New to Pokemon, but know basics,. A university student studying English from the UK
Skype or IRC: yes, Skype preferred
Do you understand the blacklist and how it works: I understand how the blacklist works.

Apologies for format, On the bus

Username: qsns
PO/PS! Username: qsns
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -4, monday, thursday + friday and weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Doubles OU player trying to get into an old gen, sophomore in high school n_n
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: yes

Username: gackj

PO/PS! Username: gackj

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: MST, available from 3:30pm MST to 10:00pm MST on weekdays, pretty much any time on weekends.

What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS UU.

Tell us a little about yourself: I just got in to competetive Pokemon breeding, and now I'm trying to learn how to effectively use the Pokemon I've bred. I spend a lot of time playing Pokemon and other video games! :^)

Last edited:
Username: Bumpbuff

PO/PS! Username: Bumpbuff

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+00, I’m usually available from 7 to 23 pm on week days and Saturday and from 3 to 23 pm on Sunday.

Tell us a little about yourself: I work at least 35 hours a week, I’m Portuguese but currently living in the United Kingdom. I’m not very experienced in competitive battling but do have experience in a competitive setting on the FPS genre.

Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes, Skype is preferred.

Username: Steven Stone
PO/PS! Username: SkarmSteel
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GTM -3. Usually available between 5 and 8 PM.
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS OU.
Tell us a little about yourself: Chilean VGC player who's a skrub in everything bar VGC and wants to get back into OU to be more helpful in his beloved room, Competitive Tutoring

m00ns agreed to tutor me this round.

Username:CompoundKhan
PO/PS! Username: CompoundKhan
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PST Anytime before 1 PM mondays, Tuesdays, Wed-Fri after 6 PM, Sat Sun any time.
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS OU Singles.
Tell us a little about yourself: I am 19 years of age, and I enjoyed playing the Pokemon single player. I'd like to get into competitive battling.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes, Skype is preferable.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes.

Last edited:
Username:shadow_sneak
PO/PS! Username: shadow_sneak3
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: est and most nights on weekdays and free on weekends mostly
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU, rby ou if there isn't a dpp spot open
Tell us a little about yourself:I am an aspiring old gens player.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes, skype preferred.

Last edited:

Cynara

Banned deucer.
Username: Cranham
PO/PS! Username: Cranham
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+0 - usually 4pm-3am my time (About midday in EST) but I can do earlier on weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: VGC15 / ORAS Ubers (don't mind which one I get, equally interested in both)
Tell us a little about yourself: Just graduated from university doing a biochems degree

Paraplegic

relax...
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Username: Paraplegic
PO/PS! Username: Paraplegic
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt-4
What tier do you want to learn?: Doubles OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Just a nerd who's only hobby is mons.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: skype
Kamikaze17 agreed to tutor me :)

Username: TheUnknow
PO/PS! Username: TheN0B0DY
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt -4, I'm available any time
What tier do you want to learn?: RU ORAS
Tell us a little about yourself: I've gain experience in the last couple of months the only part I still need work is with teambuilding. I've been playing NU alot in these months so I decided that its time to jump to RU tier. I'll be giving my 110% to learn this tier.

Username: ADustyGlommer

PO/PS! Username: ADustyGlommer

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +2, pretty much every day of the week right now. A round 8pm-11pm ,a bit more/less depending on the day

Tell us a little about yourself: Stopped for quite a while,and am now back after not playing for 2 years or so. I've been playing ORAS OU for a bit now,but I'm not really great and stuck around 1600-1700,so i'd like some help to get higher consistently and generally learn things about battling :)

Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: I can use Skype. I've never used IRC,but i wouldn't mind learning how that works if its necessary.

Username: Local!

PO/PS! Username: Local Charizard

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Timezone: EST. Availability: I'm available from 6:00 P.M. to 9:00 P.M. eastern everyday minus thursdays.

What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS OU and UU.

Tell us a little about yourself: I'm from NYC and I want to improve my skills as a battler in the ou and uu tiers. I have been playing pokemon since 2009 and I have loved it ever since. I hope to do better on Showdown.

Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Skype.

Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)