Anything Goes Viability Ranking

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not really new/inexperienced.... I'm #15 on the AG ladder right now. I can see where you got it from though because I did ask a question.
Otherwise, thanks for letting me know why Murkrow is terrible. xD
And thanks for letting me know how to change it! ^_^

Last edited:

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
eh, it's kind of weird to call yourself a username even though you haven't changed yet.
He mentioned who he was because he's well known on the ladder and that's his username.

ok i see your point Murkrow is very bad outside of STAB Foul Play, but you can't say it's unviable.
The thing is, when your using a SwagPlay set, the least important thing is the foul play damage as clearly demonstrated by Joshz's Double Team Klefki that wrecks face. While the extra damage on STAB Play is nice, it's too frail compared to a great typed and decently bulkish keychain. You have to run a sash or eviolite that eliminates the possibility of running leftys or substitute. This is needed if somehow your opponent happens to bs through the hax or has a lum as you have a second chance. In fact anything with lum and priority can smash its face in.

Outclassed AND Fairly Unviable.

Maybe D rank imo, but I'm not sure.

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
The thing is, when your using a SwagPlay set, the least important thing is the foul play damage as clearly demonstrated by Joshz's Double Team Klefki that wrecks face. While the extra damage on STAB Play is nice, it's too frail compared to a great typed and decently bulkish keychain. You have to run a sash or eviolite that eliminates the possibility of running leftys or substitute. This is needed if somehow your opponent happens to bs through the hax or has a lum as you have a second chance. In fact anything with lum and priority can smash its face in.

Outclassed AND Fairly Unviable.

Maybe D rank imo, but I'm not sure.
Ya considering on removing it due to what you said.

I would still like to see some discussion on whether or not Lugia should move down, cause I am still undecided...

Also added a "Do Not Use" Rank, so feel free to commwnt on which mons deserve to be placed there.

Last edited:

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion

I would still like to see some discussion on whether or not Lugia should move down, cause I am still undecided...

Also added a "Do Not Use" Rank, so feel free to commwnt on which mons deserve to be placed there.
I think most mons that have been removed from the viability rankings deserve to be in that rank.

Deoxys-N & Banette-Mega

I will come back when I think of stuff.

Honestly, Lugia shouldn't be moved down. It walls so many things when put in the right situations. I really suck at giving these claims on why something should move up or down, but I just don't think Lugia should move down because the amount of the metagame it walls.

Put Ninjask in the "Do Not Use" Rank?
I see tons of low-ladder players using it instead of Scolipede.

When I meant Low-Ladder Players, I meant people in the #100-#500 on the ladder. The problem is, most people who aren't even in the Top 500 play Anything Goes as a fun tier. Since there are very few restrictions in AG, of course people who use AG as just a fun tier to play on. However, people in the Top 500 are actually serious now and I still see Ninjask on people in the Top 500 which should not be on any of those teams because it is literally COMPLETELY outclassed by Scolipede.
I sort of understand your point though, but I do still believe that Ninjask should be in the category.

Chloe

NUPL Champion
When I meant Low-Ladder Players, I meant people in the #100-#500 on the ladder. The problem is, most people who aren't even in the Top 500 play Anything Goes as a fun tier. Since there are very few restrictions in AG, of course people who use AG as just a fun tier to play on. However, people in the Top 500 are actually serious now and I still see Ninjask on people in the Top 500 which should not be on any of those teams because it is literally COMPLETELY outclassed by Scolipede.
I sort of understand your point though, but I do still believe that Ninjask should be in the category.
You don't play for fun? ;~;

Ninjask is fine if we're needing to obtain a certain initial speed. A fairly poor example would be EKiller with Stone Edge being used (which is fairly common "High Ladder"). It completely destroys the opponent if it hits and then can ESpeed next round without the Scolipede gaining anything except maybe toxic spikes or an Endeavor if the player is skillful enough. Substitute spam from a ninjask would be the better option.

You may argue a first turn protect may be used, but the majority of "Low Ladder" players are not willing to sacrifice this extra moveslot.

I'll leave you with an argument I received after I saw an opponent using Protect Ninjask instead of Scolipede:
lucario756: ninjask learns defog
Zangooser: Yea well that's fine if you want your defogger to die on switch in.

Edit: Grammar

Last edited:
I do play for fun, I'm pretty sure everyone does, it's just when I meant "fun," I meant like "not seriously" lmao.
Idk, but I just don't see why anyone would use Ninjask when there is Scolipede, but I understand your argument. xD
I still believe it is outclassed though.

I'm going to make a nomination that tons of people will disagree with, but honestly I'm confused why Mega Gengar is ranked at A+.
I understand that it can Shadow Tag Trap, use Perish Song, use Sub/Disable, do whatever, but I'm nominating it from A+ to A.
One thing that a lot of people mention that it is a GeoXern check.
But,
+2 252+ SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Gengar: 239-282 (91.5 - 108%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
+2 252+ SpA Xerneas Hidden Power Ground vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Gengar: 304-358 (116.4 - 137.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ SpA Xerneas Thunder vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Gengar: 277-326 (106.1 - 124.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Honestly, even a MoonBlast can sometimes OHKO Mega Gengar.
And you can't even be safe because a lot of Xerneas carry PsyShock which will take out Mega Gengar no problem.
And then there's the immunity to ExtremeSpeed from Arceus.
However, Espeed Arceus usually carry Equake or Shadow Claw/Force.
252+ Atk Arceus Shadow Claw vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Gengar: 192-226 (73.5 - 86.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Arceus Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Gengar: 272-322 (104.2 - 123.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Arceus Shadow Force vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Gengar: 328-386 (125.6 - 147.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Shadow Claw will bar Mega Gengar from Subbing after that damage, while the other two straight out OHKO Mega Gengar.
And even if Arceus is afraid of Mega Gengar coming in.
When Gengar comes in before Mega Evolving, Arceus can switch out first before Gengar Mega Evolves and Arceus switches into something that counters or walls Mega Gengar.
And although MGengar can Will o Wisp, multiple Espeed Arceus are Lum Berry, and after losing the LumB from Will o Wisp, Arceus proceeds to get rid of Mega Gengar without hesitation.
If Mega Gengar were to PerishTrap PrimalG or Lugia, they would just Roar or Whirlwind out before Perish Song hits 0.
Additionally, Darkrai usually has 0 trouble with MegaG for typing reasons.
I've almost never had trouble with MegaG, but that's probably because my team is ready for it as my ScarfRay usually comes in to OHKO Mega Gengar before it brings in any shenanigans, but I still believe that MGengar should move down from A+ to A.

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
I'm going to make a nomination that tons of people will disagree with, but honestly I'm confused why Mega Gengar is ranked at A+.
I understand that it can Shadow Tag Trap, use Perish Song, use Sub/Disable, do whatever, but I'm nominating it from A+ to A.
But,
+2 252+ SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Gengar: 239-282 (91.5 - 108%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
+2 252+ SpA Xerneas Hidden Power Ground vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Gengar: 304-358 (116.4 - 137.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ SpA Xerneas Thunder vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Gengar: 277-326 (106.1 - 124.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Honestly, even a MoonBlast can sometimes OHKO Mega Gengar.
And you can't even be safe because a lot of Xerneas carry PsyShock which will take out Mega Gengar no problem.
And then there's the immunity to ExtremeSpeed from Arceus.
However, Espeed Arceus usually carry Equake or Shadow Claw/Force.
252+ Atk Arceus Shadow Claw vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Gengar: 192-226 (73.5 - 86.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Arceus Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Gengar: 272-322 (104.2 - 123.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Arceus Shadow Force vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Gengar: 328-386 (125.6 - 147.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Shadow Claw will bar Mega Gengar from Subbing after that damage, while the other two straight out OHKO Mega Gengar.
And even if Arceus is afraid of Mega Gengar coming in.
When Gengar comes in before Mega Evolving, Arceus can switch out first before Gengar Mega Evolves and Arceus switches into something that counters or walls Mega Gengar.
And although MGengar can Will o Wisp, multiple Espeed Arceus are Lum Berry, and after losing the LumB from Will o Wisp, Arceus proceeds to get rid of Mega Gengar without hesitation.
If Mega Gengar were to PerishTrap PrimalG or Lugia, they would just Roar or Whirlwind out before Perish Song hits 0.
Additionally, Darkrai usually has 0 trouble with MegaG for typing reasons.
I've almost never had trouble with MegaG, but that's probably because my team is ready for it as my ScarfRay usually comes in to OHKO Mega Gengar before it brings in any shenanigans, but I still believe that MGengar should move down from A+ to A.
Ya recent meta trends don't fall into Mega Gengar's favor, it still threatens things like Lugia and Mega Diancie, but I can see it go to A, maybe A-

For the "Do Not Use" Rank, could we put Nosepass, Magnemite, and Aron?
They just get destroyed by any Rocks or Spikes and Aron needs Sandstorm support while Magnemite and Nosepass are just. Useless. Honestly, it could just be PP stalled lmao.
Additionally, I wanna make a nomination for Nidoking to be raised from Unranked to C'ish Rank.
Nidoking's amazing Sheer Force ability + Life Orb Combination makes it incredibly strong, surprisingly.
It can OHKO Xerneas and outspeed variants that don't or have very little speed investment.
252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoking Sludge Wave vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Xerneas: 439-523 (111.4 - 132.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

It can OHKO Primal Groudon when it doesn't have any speed investment or very little.

252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoking Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 252 SpD Primal Groudon: 346-408 (101.4 - 119.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

It can bop Ferrothorn with Fire Blast.

252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoking Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ferrothorn: 437-515 (124.1 - 146.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

So many other pokemon!

252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoking Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Gengar: 429-507 (164.3 - 194.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoking Ice Beam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Rayquaza in Strong Winds: 270-322 (76.7 - 91.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoking Sludge Wave vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Arceus: 187-220 (48.9 - 57.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoking Sludge Wave vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Darkrai: 238-281 (84.6 - 100%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoking Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Klefki: 322-382 (101.2 - 120.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoking Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Diancie: 377-447 (124 - 147%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0- Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoking Rock Slide vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Ho-Oh: 369-437 (104.2 - 123.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Again, Nidoking has incredible power with Sheer Force + Life Orb and although it is decently frail, it can put some EV's into defense as it only has to outspeed uninvested Xerneas + Primal Groudon and other speed marks while playing around with the EV's. After enough Defense investment, it can take a Adamant Arceus' Equake which is decent.
I don't have any replays, but with these reasons, I believe that it should at least be ranked C/C-.

Chloe

NUPL Champion
Mega Gengar (A+ --> A)

But,

If Mega Gengar were to PerishTrap PrimalG or Lugia, they would just Roar or Whirlwind out before Perish Song hits 0
If someone was wanting to check GeoXern with a megagar, they would invest into SpD in order to survive. Although using it as one is usually a terrible idea. Also HP Ground is extremely rare. Shadow Force wouldn't work due to any normal type switch in and also SForce is p rare as well. Most MegaGars have taunt to prevent the roar or whirlwind of other shenanigans the user may use. Also Lugia and Mega Diancie are pretty rare at the moment compared to the other S ranked pokemon, although I have no clue how Mega Diancie loses to Gengy in a one on one match up, if anything Dianc's EP can OHKO MegaGar, but MegaGar does cannot.

252 SpA Mega Diancie Earth Power vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Gengar: 240-284 (91.6 - 108.3%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Mega Gengar Sludge Wave vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Mega Diancie: 195-231 (80.9 - 95.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Although fix biased calcs imo, no one runs adamant ekiller.

Sturdy Mons ---> Do Not Use

For the "Do Not Use" Rank, could we put Nosepass, Magnemite, and Aron?
They just get destroyed by any Rocks or Spikes and Aron needs Sandstorm support while Magnemite and Nosepass are just. Useless. Honestly, it could just be PP stalled lmao.
Totally agree, these mons have a niche that rely on the enemy not having a reliable check. However these mons are sometimes extremely useful if paired with a bulky defogger and used efficiently. When I initially climbed the ladder 2000 games ago, I used an Aron with Berry Juice just to come in and remove all the health of something I was struggling to beat. It could come in on anything, e.g. +6 GeoXern was never a threat due to that thing.

It got me to 1700 in my first week of AG, which most users can't even get to after months of playing. Probably rate them all do not use regardless. I would include Aron, Nosepass, Probopass, Magnemite, Pineco and Shieldon.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Although fix biased calcs imo, no one runs adamant ekiller.
lol ok. No seriously what

Small nitpicks, but I don't see any reason for the lamer arceus formes to get ranked. Like, you're never going to actually use Arceus-Psychic lbr. They're ranked in ubers because they have to be, but don't serve any purpose here and aren't bound in vr by tiering restrictions. I want to say the same thing about Deo-D but if someone has replays where it uses its extra bulk to do something special or something I could see it staying, but honestly Deo-s exists for hazards, lugia/even arc psychic lol exist for walling, and mewtwo/deo-a exist for offensive purposes, so like why.

Chloe

NUPL Champion

Small nitpicks, but I don't see any reason for the lamer arceus formes to get ranked. Like, you're never going to actually use Arceus-Psychic lbr. They're ranked in ubers because they have to be, but don't serve any purpose here and aren't bound in vr by tiering restrictions. I want to say the same thing about Deo-D but if someone has replays where it uses its extra bulk to do something special or something I could see it staying, but honestly Deo-s exists for hazards, lugia/even arc psychic lol exist for walling, and mewtwo/deo-a exist for offensive purposes, so like why.
Look I know you think I have a psychological problem or something, but here's the stats the prove it:
http://www.smogon.com/stats/2015-07/moveset/anythinggoes-1760.txt, I'm sorry I can't copy paste my iPad is screwed up. Just look at the top 3 spreads of Arc to confirm what i said. Adamant EKiller is still used but not to the major extent of jolly. Also d seems fine for them compared to some of the other stuff ranked higher up (I'm looking at you, Octillery)

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

He's right. No (good) AG player runs adamant ekiller, for the most part. You NEED to speed tie other ekillers,its too relevant.
I nommed shitty thing like arceus-dragon that literally have no niche and are completely outclassed to be removed, but it was ignored and buried. Deo-d has no niche, because it can't outtank lugia or ho-oh or other major tanks for example, and honestly it's bulk isn't that insane for AG. Oh well.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Look I know you think I have a psychological problem or something, but here's the stats the prove it:
http://www.smogon.com/stats/2015-07/moveset/anythinggoes-1760.txt, I'm sorry I can't copy paste my iPad is screwed up. Just look at the top 3 spreads of Arc to confirm what i said. Adamant EKiller is still used but not to the major extent of jolly. Also d seems fine for them compared to some of the other stuff ranked higher up (I'm looking at you, Octillery)
Psychological problem ?_? And uh no I don't think usage stats are the best argument. I understand speed tying other arc is nice, but the power difference can and does make a difference. Jolly will never 2hko other arc and consequently misses out on the OHKO, even after rocks, at +2 vs 4/0 arc. Jolly cannot 2hko phys def yveltal with stone edge on the switchin while adamant can, and at +2 it's much less likely to OHKO (25% vs 83%). Hell, jolly can't even get the 2hko / OHKO at +2 around 50% of the time on megaray. And I mean that's 3 things I just calc'd off the top of my head. Meanwhile, a speed tie only has a 50% chance of even working for you (the speed tie was what Joshz brought up, not outspeeding other relevant things, which is stupid anyway because weak jolly can't even OHKO adamant at +2). I think it's pretty safe to say that adamant is viable, although not better obv. But yeah, giving me the usage stats doesn't tell me what's good, otherwise abomasnowite, choice specs, and assault vest are all viable on PU regigigas.

Chloe

NUPL Champion
Psychological problem ?_? And uh no I don't think usage stats are the best argument. I understand speed tying other arc is nice, but the power difference can and does make a difference. Jolly will never 2hko other arc and consequently misses out on the OHKO, even after rocks, at +2 vs 4/0 arc. Jolly cannot 2hko phys def yveltal with stone edge on the switchin while adamant can, and at +2 it's much less likely to OHKO (25% vs 83%). Hell, jolly can't even get the 2hko / OHKO at +2 around 50% of the time on megaray. And I mean that's 3 things I just calc'd off the top of my head. Meanwhile, a speed tie only has a 50% chance of even working for you (the speed tie was what Joshz brought up, not outspeeding other relevant things, which is stupid anyway because weak jolly can't even OHKO adamant at +2). I think it's pretty safe to say that adamant is viable, although not better obv. But yeah, giving me the usage stats doesn't tell me what's good, otherwise abomasnowite, choice specs, and assault vest are all viable on PU regigigas.
I meant mental, sorry. I agree with what you said about EKiller. With the stats you mentioned about choice specs gigas, were you looking at the 1760 stats? The 1000 stats will have low ladder Strats, but I would be safe to say that the 1760s are fairly accurate for judging the state of the meta (especially where the majority of actual competitive ag is happening).

Actually nm I just checked pu. Is specs regigigas really not that viable? I can see it being usable due to slow start not affecting it? Dw about it, since this isn't a pu thread, but the usage stats are often decent enough in my previous experience. Jolly is important for Arceus to outspeed or tie with its most common opponent, which you understand so dw about it

Also, the statement was about usage not viability, why am I even continuing?

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
Ok after reading through the comments, time for a small update:

Code:
Gengar-Mega: A+ to A-
Arceus-Ground: A to A+
Arceus-Water: B- to B+
Octillery: C to C-
Murkrow: C- to DNU
Sturdy mons added to DNU

I would like to know some general opinions on if you think Hoopa and Hoopa-U should be placed on the rankings and where.

Yayyyyyy Mega Gengar went down and Sturdy Mons went to DNU ;D and murkrow. lmao.

Hoopa should not be ranked as it gets completely outclassed by Hoopa-U, statwise and in just effectiveness. Honestly, why would you ever use Hoopa when Hoopa-U is around the corner? Of course there's the typing difference, but Hoopa-U's typing is actually better in the AG metagame.

Hoopa - Quad Weakness to Ghost & Dark, where Arceus Ghost and Arceus all have access to destroying Hoopa in one shot, via Shadow Claw or Judgement. And then there's Darkrai, Yvletal, Giratina-O and so many other pokemon that have no problem dealing with Hoopa. And that bulk is so bad in AG.

Hoopa-U - Quad Weakness to Bug, Weakness to Fairy. 0 Resistances, which isn't good. At all. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see a single pokemon from S to A that carries a bug move, except maybe Mega Mewtwo Y? While the weakness to Fairy sucks and Xerneas laughs at Hoopa U and Diancie and even sometimes Klefki, the fairy weakness is bad, hence the low ranking on Hoopa-U.
I can't provide any calcs for the time being because Damage Calc doesn't allow the use of Hoopa-U, only Hoopa. And because I can't use calcs, I don't really have a good bearing of how much moves like Hyperspace Fury, Psychic, Psyshock, Focus Blast, Dark Pulse, Energy Ball, T-bolt, Knock Off, Drain Punch, Ice Punch, Gunk Shot, and Zen Headbutt would really do, but I'm it's nice wide movepool and it's incredible attacking power at both sides of the spectrum would give it a decent ranking, even with terrible bulk?
Therefore, I rank Hoopa B/B- which is a stupid nomination considering I'm basically nominating it blind, but I'll continue on later after others have posted their thoughts.

PS: I feel sad now no one uses Adamant Espeed Arceus because I do lmao. And I use HP ground Xerneas and SForce Arceus lmao, so I'm the weird person in the Top 10 of AG ;-;

Chloe

NUPL Champion
Yayyyyyy Mega Gengar went down and Sturdy Mons went to DNU ;D and murkrow. lmao.

Hoopa should not be ranked as it gets completely outclassed by Hoopa-U, statwise and in just effectiveness. Honestly, why would you ever use Hoopa when Hoopa-U is around the corner? Of course there's the typing difference, but Hoopa-U's typing is actually better in the AG metagame.

Hoopa - Quad Weakness to Ghost & Dark, where Arceus Ghost and Arceus all have access to destroying Hoopa in one shot, via Shadow Claw or Judgement. And then there's Darkrai, Yvletal, Giratina-O and so many other pokemon that have no problem dealing with Hoopa. And that bulk is so bad in AG.

Hoopa-U - Quad Weakness to Bug, Weakness to Fairy. 0 Resistances, which isn't good. At all. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see a single pokemon from S to A that carries a bug move, except maybe Mega Mewtwo Y? While the weakness to Fairy sucks and Xerneas laughs at Hoopa U and Diancie and even sometimes Klefki, the fairy weakness is bad, hence the low ranking on Hoopa-U.
I can't provide any calcs for the time being because Damage Calc doesn't allow the use of Hoopa-U, only Hoopa. And because I can't use calcs, I don't really have a good bearing of how much moves like Hyperspace Fury, Psychic, Psyshock, Focus Blast, Dark Pulse, Energy Ball, T-bolt, Knock Off, Drain Punch, Ice Punch, Gunk Shot, and Zen Headbutt would really do, but I'm it's nice wide movepool and it's incredible attacking power at both sides of the spectrum would give it a decent ranking, even with terrible bulk?
Therefore, I rank Hoopa B/B- which is a stupid nomination considering I'm basically nominating it blind, but I'll continue on later after others have posted their thoughts.

PS: I feel sad now no one uses Adamant Espeed Arceus because I do lmao. And I use HP ground Xerneas and SForce Arceus lmao, so I'm the weird person in the Top 10 of AG ;-;
I would like to second what was said here, but would like to add that its lack of weaknesses is what makes up for its puny bulk. I wish adamant Arceus was used more often, I used to use it until I kept losing to Curve, Hunter and Gunner due to their Jolly Arcs outclassing my team. I even used adamant arc to get to #1.

I don't play AG that much but why is Arceus-Normal ranked higher than Rayquaza-Mega?
It's such a spammable force that wrecks the majority of the meta. EKiller doesn't really require synergy with the other team members, as much as another pokemon would. While it is such a debatable topic, most avid players agree it surpasses Ray's viability. Just because a pokemon is banned to Ubers for example, doesn't make it viable in ubers(E.g. Greninja). I'm not the best at explaining this, im sure others can do better. There is reasoning on the prior pages I believe.

EKiller = ExtremeSpeed spam Arceus.

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
Why is Mega Mewtwo Y ranked higher than regular Mewtwo? They seem to do the same job. Is it because of Insomia?
The extra boost in Speed and Sp.Atk really help Mega Mewtwo Y perform better, while the inclusion of Insomia helps it check threats like Darkrai.

Befall

Banned deucer.
The extra boost in Speed and Sp.Atk really help Mega Mewtwo Y perform better, while the inclusion of Insomia helps it check threats like Darkrai.
Life orb hits harder than MMY while it still retains a high enough speed tier. They need to be the same imo. Another thought i move Keys to A just because it is way to over prepared a nd scarcely used in high ladder AG

Agreeing with the drop in Mega Mewtwo Y because Life Orb Mewtwo does hit harder while still retaining a considerable defense stat.
252 SpA Life Orb Mewtwo Psystrike vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Primal Groudon: 161-191 (47.2 - 56%) -- 80.9% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Mega Mewtwo Y Psystrike vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Primal Groudon: 147-174 (43.1 - 51%) -- 3.1% chance to 2HKO
252+ SpA Mega Mewtwo Y Psystrike vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Primal Groudon: 162-192 (47.5 - 56.3%) -- 82.4% chance to 2HKO
Even Modest Mewtwo Y is only a tad bit better than Life Orb Timid Mewtwo.

Defensively,
252+ Atk Mega Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mewtwo: 301-355 (85.2 - 100.5%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Mega Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Mewtwo Y: 369-435 (104.5 - 123.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
That defense difference is huge, while it's the same with Primal Groudon.

The speed difference is considerable, however, if you want the same damage as regular Mewtwo, you are going to have to go with Modest, which makes MegaMY slower than regular Mewtwo.
And since the speed is already that high, the speed difference isn't that significant.

Disagreeing with the drop in Klefki though because just because a team should be and is prepared for Klefki does not mean it should move down. If it moves down, it'll be considered less of a threat, which will make it stronger again, increasing its viability again. It'll be an everlasting loop. Klefki's a great mon in AG, it's typing is immunity to Toxic, making Lugia literally useless against it. T-wave/Swagger/Sub/Foul Play works amazingly against Physical Attackers, like Arceus, Primal Groudon, and Mega RayQ, etc, and yea, there's counters and checks, but if Klefki is making almost every single Arceus run Lum Berry, then, it is obviously a very considerable threat, therefore, it should stay in S-.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)