Any Ideas for Building New Game Fansites?

Myself and a friend recently launched a new gaming network Bodhum. We want to build different websites and digital products based on game series - web forums, fansites, walkthroughs, character shrines, whatever.

I have been working web development for a while so I'm comfortable handing the HTML5/CSS3/JS/PHP coding. Also under Bodhum we have extra space on our web servers, so there is room to host any new ideas we launch. The problem is that neither of us are super knowledgable on any single game series - we really want to work with other passionate gamers who want to build content for a cool idea.

And these fansites don't even need to be Pokemon related. Although I think there are some cool ideas out there for PKMN fansites... we own the domain goldenrodcity.com which we wanted to setup with something...

But if you do have any cool ideas feel free to post here in this thread. Or alternatively shoot me a PM if that's better. I also check e-mail daily, so if you want to get in touch just use the Bodhum contact form.

Cheers guys!

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Looks like you guys put a bunch of work into the website...

Good luck...

What you really need to find is some sort of niche that is currently lacking in the community that there is want for.

round up verified hobbyist gamers of the female variety and charge "men" to use your social network

What you really need to find is some sort of niche that is currently lacking in the community that there is want for.
my thoughts exactly.

there are so many fansites and forums dedicated to Final Fantasy & Pokemon. but what about Animal Crossing? Maybe 2 or 3.

What about classic SNES titles? Donkey Kong Country? hardly any. It's a small niche, but when people google for DKC cheats and find such a fansite/forum it would invoke a sense of trust. sort of like "this website is dedicated all about the game series, it must have quality info"

Definitely appreciate the feedback. You bring up a good point that I should get a growing list of ideas

looks nice! I'm sure it will do well once more content is put up!

any reason why the links on the top bar aren't ordered from left to right?

looks nice! I'm sure it will do well once more content is put up!

any reason why the links on the top bar aren't ordered from left to right?
hah nope just a unique design technique. We designed the website very freeform and didn't stick to standard conventions - plus it's responsive as you resize the browser window

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)