[AMA] MikeDecIsHere

Status
Not open for further replies.
  1. Would you recommend going through the Battling 101 to improve, or just grinding it out in PS and watching other people battle (i.e. tournaments, high level users)?
  2. Any tips for someone who's getting into the 6th gen meta on how to improve?

1. Would you recommend going through the Battling 101 to improve, or just grinding it out in PS and watching other people battle (i.e. tournaments, high level users)?
  2. Any tips for someone who's getting into the 6th gen meta on how to improve?
Good questions:

1) Absolutely do not use the ladder if you want to improve. The 5 percent of players that know what they're doing is not worth trying to find and waste your time on. The only time you should ladder is when you are trying to get reqs for suspect voting, you're testing some new team out and want to see what random shit it's weak to, or you're either completely bored or drunk or whatever. Battling 101 is good for people who have some base of the metagame that they want to improve on, since most of B101 is improving team building / basic play making for that specific tier (depending on your tutor of course).

If you really want to improve, the best way is to watch official tournament matches between "high profile" players. Even if their matches might not be the best for some unforsaken reason (team matchup, hax, etc), if you can try to piece together their logic behind each move, then you're one step further into understanding the thought process that they make, which in turn helps your thought process when making decisions in battle. After you get a grip on this, enter some tournaments. Don't do niche tournaments at first, since that might confuse your thought process since you might not have a creative understanding of what works at that point.

2) For any tier really, my method is just to steal a team from a friend of mine that I know produces well built teams for said tier and use it on the ladder for a bit, just to see what that team structure / play style is like. Note, this isn't to improve my battling skills, but to understand how the team functions. I usually steal multiple teams of different play styles and just fiddle around with them. When I get an understanding of how things work with the metagame, I attempt to build my own teams (I'm a really shitty team builder, but every now and then I make a few solid teams). In order to be good at a metagame, it's really just understanding what works with certain styles, and maybe discovering niches that people aren't aware of that could be very successful (like Knock Off Ferrothorn, that shit is legit).

Who's the best katawa shoujo girl? Why are you wasting time responding to verlisifurry when ks is waiting to be finished?

Last edited:
whats a VM wall and how do u activate it ?
and also is there anywhere where i can like train or get strategies or guidance to help build my team ?
I'm new to competitive battling so I'm seeking some help
to perfect my team

Who's the best katawa shoujo girl? Why are you wasting time responding to verlisifurry when ks is waiting to be finished?
It's been so long since I've played that game, so pardon me for not remembering names. The blind girl is the best one (I believe her name is Lily?).

Is he actually a furry? If so, ew and LOL. Also, implying I ever finish a series haha. I think I have episodes recorded that I just haven't given a shit about uploading. Whoops.

whats a VM wall and how do u activate it ?
and also is there anywhere where i can like train or get strategies or guidance to help build my team ?
I'm new to competitive battling so I'm seeking some help
to perfect my team

You have it. It's your Visitor Messages wall, and its on your profile page.

Battling 101.

It's been so long since I've played that game, so pardon me for not remembering names. The blind girl is the best one (I believe her name is Lily?).

Is he actually a furry? If so, ew and LOL. Also, implying I ever finish a series haha. I think I have episodes recorded that I just haven't given a shit about uploading. Whoops.

You have it. It's your Visitor Messages wall, and its on your profile page.

Battling 101.
but battling 101 says previous members that participated and it says the sign up finished :( ??

if you could help me get into the battling 101 it would be greatly appreciated :P
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)