Almost Any Ability Ubers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait if you gave Groundon and Kyogre Intimidate would it activate before Primal Evolution? iirc in the cartridge Drought and Drizzle don't activate when you switch them in but idk
Tested it out with an Intimidate Groudon: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/customgame-199765760 Intimidate did not activate, so it seems that primal reversion negates whatever other ability its owner has.

EDIT: Didn't see FlameUser's post above me. Point stands.

Tested it out with an Intimidate Groudon: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/customgame-199765760 Intimidate did not activate, so it seems that primal reversion negates whatever other ability its owner has.

EDIT: Didn't see FlameUser's post above me. Point stands.
Except Magic Guard I would guess, unless Primal Reversion occurs before entry hazard damage. You could use that if you really dislike Spikes/Stealth Rock damage on initial switch-in.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
... Tough claws retaliate Slaking...
Doesn't even 2HKO fur coat Chansey

There's a reason Fur Coat is Banned.
This meta is fffffffffucked

Thats basically physical boomburst off of 165 attack boosted by 1.33x

May I ask why M-Ray is banned, where there are arguably better ways to deal with it, and better sweeping options? Heck, normal Rayquaza is better for setup sweeping due to Aerilate Espeed. Is this simply a matter of Ubers principle or is there something else I'm missing?
Yeah I don't think MegaRay should really be banned with this insane power creep. It's simply not as good as it could be since regular ray is almost always better, as aerilate espeed is simply better than a dragon ascent. Although MegaRay could be run with aerilate ray. Revenge kill, and when you feel like being bulkier, mega evolve.

If anything, I think Deoxys should be banned. The ability to OHKO pretty much everything in the tier with the right moveset, have extremely strong priority in Extremespeed, be able to go mixed very effeciently, and being nigh impossible to revenge kill make it worthy of a ban, in my opinion. Of course things like fake out and shadow sneak beat it, but really? We really shouldn't have to run fake out or shadow sneak to even have a slight hope of beating it.

May I ask why M-Ray is banned, where there are arguably better ways to deal with it, and better sweeping options? Heck, normal Rayquaza is better for setup sweeping due to Aerilate Espeed. Is this simply a matter of Ubers principle or is there something else I'm missing?
Would you want to deal with Download Life Orb Mega Ray? Or a Mega Ray with first-turn Gale Wings?

Honestly, I dunno. None of those sound impossible to deal with to be honest.

Having played ubers when mega rayquaza was a thing, I think it should stay banned, as basically only fur coat stops 180 base power, let alone download shenanigans

I think the reason mega ray is banned is because of it's ridiculous power i mean we already know bh aerilate mega ray is broken but that was broken beyond relief

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
Why is Fur Coat unbanned? It's basically defensive Huge Power, how is that not broken?
It's not defensive huge power by any means, its stopped by things like mold breaker and special attackers could care less about it. In a meta where physical HO is spammed as much as it is in AAA Ubers, I think this will be a nice balance tbh

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
sorry double post, but I needed this since edits don't tag a user by quote
Yeah I don't think MegaRay should really be banned with this insane power creep. It's simply not as good as it could be since regular ray is almost always better, as aerilate espeed is simply better than a dragon ascent. Although MegaRay could be run with aerilate ray. Revenge kill, and when you feel like being bulkier, mega evolve.

If anything, I think Deoxys should be banned. The ability to OHKO pretty much everything in the tier with the right moveset, have extremely strong priority in Extremespeed, be able to go mixed very effeciently, and being nigh impossible to revenge kill make it worthy of a ban, in my opinion. Of course things like fake out and shadow sneak beat it, but really? We really shouldn't have to run fake out or shadow sneak to even have a slight hope of beating it.
I'll consider this but I just need more time to think about it. Also mega ray being banned is just to fit with ubers standards for now. Changes coming soon for sure

xJownage

It's not defensive huge power by any means, its stopped by things like mold breaker and special attackers could care less about it. In a meta where physical HO is spammed as much as it is in AAA Ubers, I think this will be a nice balance tbh
Have you seen the calcs behind stuff like fur coat chansey? You say that it will make HO balanced, but i see it more making it unviable without doing weird shit like running toxic on everything just to get passed fur coat chansey alone, let alone everything else.

Forcing shit like ekiller to run something besides poison heal (which still 2hkos 4hp chansey at +2, and damn near 2hkos chansey with 252hp at +2 with facade) is I think a healthy thing for the meta. Mold breaker is a real and valid option, Magic bounce mega gengar still exists, and changing up an otherwise really physically offensive meta seems fine to me. I reserve the right to change my opinion if it proves otherwise, but atm I believe fur coat is good for the metagame.

xJownage

Forcing shit like ekiller to run something besides poison heal (which still 2hkos 4hp chansey at +2, and damn near 2hkos chansey with 252hp at +2 with facade) is I think a healthy thing for the meta. Mold breaker is a real and valid option, Magic bounce mega gengar still exists, and changing up an otherwise really physically offensive meta seems fine to me. I reserve the right to change my opinion if it proves otherwise, but atm I believe fur coat is good for the metagame.
You are calling this healthy? mon keeping mon y in check doesn't make mon healthy.

+2 252+ Atk Silk Scarf Arceus Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Fur Coat Chansey: 376-443 (53.4 - 62.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Okay, so one of the most powerful viable moves in this metagame is BARELY A 2HKO on this thing. This means that no mon that cant hit extremely hard is even viable as an offensive mon in this meta since its just walled by chansey and thats that.

252 Atk Life Orb Tough Claws Slaking Retaliate vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Fur Coat Chansey: 305-359 (43.3 - 50.9%) -- 5.1% chance to 2HKO

So we should run mold breaker on everything just to break fur coat chansey? I don't really think thats healthy at all. Completely overcentralizing one ability because of how ridiculously good another one is holds the sheer definition of brokeness.

Thugly Duckling

I play TCG now
You are calling this healthy? mon keeping mon y in check doesn't make mon healthy.

+2 252+ Atk Silk Scarf Arceus Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Fur Coat Chansey: 376-443 (53.4 - 62.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Okay, so one of the most powerful viable moves in this metagame is BARELY A 2HKO on this thing. This means that no mon that cant hit extremely hard is even viable as an offensive mon in this meta since its just walled by chansey and thats that.

252 Atk Life Orb Tough Claws Slaking Retaliate vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Fur Coat Chansey: 305-359 (43.3 - 50.9%) -- 5.1% chance to 2HKO

So we should run mold breaker on everything just to break fur coat chansey? I don't really think thats healthy at all. Completely overcentralizing one ability because of how ridiculously good another one is holds the sheer definition of brokeness.
> Retaliate Slaking

(252 / 252+ Chansey is unrealistc btw. So is Retaliate Slaking, the bloody thing gets Hammer Arm)

I would like to say that fur coat doesn't block psyshock psystrike or secret sword on showdown(but apparently the person who made the damage calc doesn't know that)

this further cements mewtwo and keldeo as viable threats. people have already posted keld sets in the old aaa thread so heres a mewtwo one

Mewtwo @ Toxic Orb
Poison Heal
-Psystrike
-Shadow Ball
-Aura Sphere
-Calm Mind

+1 252+ SpA Mewtwo Psystrike vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 405-477 (63 - 74.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

xJownage

> Retaliate Slaking

(252 / 252+ Chansey is unrealistc btw. So is Retaliate Slaking, the bloody thing gets Hammer Arm)
The point isn't that the mon or that chansey sperad is viable, the point is that it is shrugging off a tough claws + life orb boosted stab physical boomburst off of base 165 for just under a 2hko. seroiusly? that is RIDICULOUS physical bulk on a mon that already walls special mons.

So we should centralize to psystrike/secret sword over this? Yeah, now this is REALLY unhealthy.

Thugly Duckling

I play TCG now
The point isn't that the mon or that chansey sperad is viable, the point is that it is shrugging off a tough claws + life orb boosted stab physical boomburst off of base 165 for just under a 2hko. seroiusly? that is RIDICULOUS physical bulk on a mon that already walls special mons.

So we should centralize to psystrike/secret sword over this? Yeah, now this is REALLY unhealthy.
Did you calc 140 BP Retaliate or 70 base power? Also, Slaking has 160 Atk.

Here are the hammer arm calcs:

~ 252+ Atk Life Orb Tough Claws Slaking Hammer Arm vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Fur Coat Chansey: 320-377 (45.4 - 53.5%) -- 39.5% chance to 2HKO

~ 252+ Atk Life Orb Tough Claws Slaking Hammer Arm vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Fur Coat Chansey: 320-377 (49.8 - 58.7%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO

Last edited:

I'm just saying that until monte realizes its broken you should have a way to deal with chansey

xJownage

running taunt on everything doesn't make mon x good, and yes i was using 140 BP retaliate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)