Alerts when your post has been deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello.

The suggestion I'm making is that if for some reason a Moderator deletes a post of yours, you should receive an alert. This would make it much easier for users to realise what they've done wrong, how they can improve etc. in a certain forum. How are users supposed to know if they're post has been deleted? You have no way of knowing, and I know this because the one time (possibly many, I don't know) a post of mine has been deleted was in a forum I frequent and I just happened to stumble across the deletion. There's probably been numerous times where someone has broken the rules, had their post deleted, and not ever known what they've done wrong because they've not received any notification. This could potentially save users from being infracted etc. Anyway, I just think it would be really beneficial to users and the quality of the forums if this feature was implemented. Thanks for reading.

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Normally, when mods delete a post, they put a delete reason or they PM the user. If the user never checks on their posts and gets them deleted a lot, they would receive a PM/warning from a mod saying they need to stop/improve.

I don't really think that this is a big issue. Sure, it would be nice to have, but I don't know of we have that kind of tech for it.

Normally, when mods delete a post, they put a delete reason or they PM the user. If the user never checks on their posts and gets them deleted a lot, they would receive a PM/warning from a mod saying they need to stop/improve.

I don't really think that this is a big issue. Sure, it would be nice to have, but I don't know of we have that kind of tech for it.
I've never known a Moderator to PM me about something like this, however it would be understandable if you didn't have the "technology" to do this. :)

I've had quite a few of my posts deleted (on my alt), and I have never once received a PM from a Mod. What's more, reasons for deleting posts are not always put in (as some Mods care more than others). For example, one time I stumbled on Korski's Warstory thread and felt obliged to leave a comment. What I didn't realise was that this thread had been declared 'dead' for some time, and so Articblast deleted my post for being a 'necrobump'. The problem was, I never received a PM, and the reason for deletion was left blank. I only found out that my post had been deleted a couple of months later, when someone else bumped the thread. As such, I had to PM Articblast to find out why my post was deleted.

I do appreciate that you may not having the technology to do this (and there's probably more pressing stuff that needs implementing anyway), but for the record, due to my own experiences, I think this is a good idea, especially if we want to help new users on the site.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
You do realize creating multiple accounts are against the rules, correct?

edit@below: That is not how it works.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nog

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I've had quite a few of my posts deleted (on my alt), and I have never once received a PM from a Mod. What's more, reasons for deleting posts are not always put in (as some Mods care more than others). For example, one time I stumbled on Korski's Warstory thread and felt obliged to leave a comment. What I didn't realise was that this thread had been declared 'dead' for some time, and so Articblast deleted my post for being a 'necrobump'. The problem was, I never received a PM, and the reason for deletion was left blank. I only found out that my post had been deleted a couple of months later, when someone else bumped the thread. As such, I had to PM Articblast to find out why my post was deleted.

I do appreciate that you may not having the technology to do this (and there's probably more pressing stuff that needs implementing anyway), but for the record, due to my own experiences, I think this is a good idea, especially if we want to help new users on the site.
1) It is outlined in the rules that necrobumping is not allowed. I don't know when this happened, so if it was a couple months ago, you didn't know, so that is fine. If it was recent, then you should know the rules.
2) Alternate accounts are bad .-. I banned your other account; don't make alt accounts.

If any user sees their post deleted then they can PM the mod who deleted their post. If the post was a post that breaks the rules, there's really no reason to put a delete reason, because you should know the rules.

Oh and 3) The mentorship program should help you get integrated and 'test the waters of smogon.' Please do not make alternate accounts.

Do I close this thread now??? NixHex there's nothin we can do so give me some tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)