Alakazam

LilOu

PO poopyhead
Landorus-T and Skarmory can also check a lot of physical attackers that threaten Mega Alakazam, such as Scizor and Bisharp.
I'd include the fact that Landorus-T's intimidate isn't helping when checking Bisharp. Also, Skarmory doesn't like taking a knock off now that it doesn't resist it and gets its item thrown away.

truedrew

Banned deucer.
I love the analysis, but one thing which is not mentioned at all and which bothers me is that why is there no mention of substitute?
With substitute Mega Alakazam is a monster as not only does it allow it to threaten blissey chansey even more as it is now immune to status it also allows it to bypass Bisharp and run switch ins which depend on priority to attack as it can leave the priority and insure that massive damage is delt and then safely switch out. Also substitue acts as a buffer against pursuit tar and Scizor

I found that a combination of Ferrothorn with Leftovers, Azumarill with Choice Band and the MegaZam can be quite ecletic and destructive.

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
Thunder Wave needs to be somewhere on the first set. ITs useful for beating dragon dances like mega gyara, dnite, zard x, etc that you can't OHKO. You'll paralyze them, then get another hit on them, sometimes even some parahax. A far more favorable outcome to just getting one attack in. Even against TTar its more favourable as it will outspeed you at +1, and if you miss that focus blast you're boned. T-wave is just nice as a parting gift if your sash has been used up and the opponent checks you with something you cant break and is slower.

Secondly, Encore should get a spot in moves on mega attacker. It lets you beat sucker punch users 1 on 1 if you predict correctly, its handy to stop defensive boosters like CM clef, and it really messes with stuff trying to recover on you, such as Chansey.

Finally, mega zam totally outclasses LO zam due to power/speed, can we deslash life orb on the main set? Sash Zam is a revenge killer not an attacker like Life Orb.

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Thunder Wave needs to be somewhere on the first set. ITs useful for beating dragon dances like mega gyara, dnite, zard x, etc that you can't OHKO. You'll paralyze them, then get another hit on them, sometimes even some parahax. A far more favorable outcome to just getting one attack in. Even against TTar its more favourable as it will outspeed you at +1, and if you miss that focus blast you're boned. T-wave is just nice as a parting gift if your sash has been used up and the opponent checks you with something you cant break and is slower.

Secondly, Encore should get a spot in moves on mega attacker. It lets you beat sucker punch users 1 on 1 if you predict correctly, its handy to stop defensive boosters like CM clef, and it really messes with stuff trying to recover on you, such as Chansey.

Finally, mega zam totally outclasses LO zam due to power/speed, can we deslash life orb on the main set? Sash Zam is a revenge killer not an attacker like Life Orb.
I completely forgot to slash Thunder Wave, because I do remember you brought it up to me on IRC at one point. Implemented everything else too.

Question: On the Megazam set, why aren't Signal Beam and Encore listed in the move options alongside Hidden Power Ice and Dazzling Gleam? I ask because they're both mentioned in the move details in a way that implies Alakazam would be the one using them, but not listed in the actual moveset.

A small nitpick, but still kinda an important one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)