Pending Add a box system similar to the one pokemon online had in its builder.

CTC

Banned deucer.
is a defending SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Big Chungus Winner
The current box system is clunky and difficult to access. It would serve the teambuilding community to overhaul the boxes feature. In the pokemon-online builder which doesnt exist any longer, the main building screen is open on the right side while the box menu is accessible on the left side independent from the building interface, letting users go between several boxes of pre-stored sets and dragging them into the builder to circumvent the inconvenience of having to build mons' sets and evs from scratch. The current box menu is bundled with the teams on the right side as shown here
1709187925396.png

it is a hassle having to keep toggling between the box menu and the team builder menu as they occupy not only the same side of the screen but you cant simultaneously have both open at the same time. Further, the box menu gets pushed down with every new team made. Boxes are also fairly limited, so in order to fit the entirety of common mons' sets it would take multiple boxes. I am proposing that the box menu be moved to the left side around the add folder area, where a box menu can be implemented to pop out and stay on the left or be movable on the screen, allowing for dragging the box sets into the main builder slots. Even if the box sets still need to be manually exported and imported into the main builder, it is still beyond time saving compared to having to ev every mon from scratch. Currently, doing so is still more convenient than trying to set up an assortment of boxes and clumsily attempting to import them, having to open a box, export, close it, open team menu, import, then go to the next. The entire process is beyond cumbersome and the po feature has solved this decades ago. To echo this post, the box sets should also be searchable.
Currently, the box feature is beyond useless as it cannot be opened along with the team builder and the import process is a drag, whereas PO's boxes were a drag and drop deal. This quality of life change can help users store sets and more efficiently access them, much improving the PS team builder.

Last edited:

Felucia

Robot Empress
is a Forum Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
I'm just spitballing here, but when I read this my thoughts immediately went to in some way streamlining the set copy/paste process. We have a really cool feature there, but like you said it's a slow and painful process to have to navigate to the right box, copy the set you need, navigate back to the team you're building, paste the set, and repeat.

My proposal, if a better box system isn't in the cards, would be to have some sort of button while making a team "copy from existing team" which sends you into your teambuilder to find the right set, and once you click "copy" it immediately snaps back to the team you're working on and adds the set. It's not nearly as cool as what you're suggesting, but it still saves time and makes things a little more pleasant. (and more importantly it's a little easier to implement)

I like the suggestion, streamlining sample set import/export would be very useful during teambuilding.

In case you haven't already seen it, I'd like to highlight another suggestion that proposes that boxes be integrated into the builder as "user sample sets" when clicking Import/Export on a Pokémon in a team. Not quite the same as what you proposed, but it could still be of interest.

Also, to more easily access boxes and avoid them getting lost in the teambuilder, I recommend using the existing "folders" feature and placing boxes in a folder e.g "Gen 9 samples". And while not always super practical, another workaround could be to have two browser tabs/windows open, one specifically to browse boxes (though not sure if this is recommended). These do not necessarily solve the described use case fully, but they are still useful nonetheless.

BP

Upper Decky Lip Mints
is a Contributor to Smogon
I like the suggestion, streamlining sample set import/export would be very useful during teambuilding.

In case you haven't already seen it, I'd like to highlight another suggestion that proposes that boxes be integrated into the builder as "user sample sets" when clicking Import/Export on a Pokémon in a team. Not quite the same as what you proposed, but it could still be of interest.
I'd like to echo this sentiment. This allows for much easier teambuilding especially if you have access to a metagames set compendium. Obviously this is entirely QoL as its main purpose would be to cut the constant copy pasting one does while teambuilding.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)