A Game Of Thrones (Round 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cretacerus

Survivor
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Reactions Contest Winner
Approved by Mizuhime

TangrowthTheKing.png

Source

Round 1
  • Each bracket will be decided in a best of 3. Changes to the team may only be made by the winner once the round has been completed.
  • Only the winners of each bracket will move onward to the next round.
  • The winner must be able to prove their victories with a battle video code (or their opponent's confirmation, if the code is unavailable).
The absolute deadline for this round is in two weeks (23rd October). It is encouraged to plan and complete the battles early, to avoid last minute miscommunication.
If you are unable to battle, reply as soon as possible so the substitute player can jump in without delay!
Standard Rules:
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
  • Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing pokémon.
  • Evasion Clause: A player cannot increase their Pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
  • Battle Timeout: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
  • Users currently on the Wi-Fi Blacklist aren't allowed to participate.
  • The complete set of Tournament Rules can be found here.
Specific Rules:
  • The battles are 6on6, and will be played at level 50.
  • The King: Every player is required to run a Tangrowth on their team. The set is up to them, and can be changed after each round.
  • The Pawns: The other five slots are limited to Pokemon from NU and below. They can be changed after each round. All NU clauses and bans (Baton Pass, Drizzle, etc.) are in place for these slots.
  • Once a player's King is knocked out, that player automatically loses. Whatever happens subsequently in the battle doesn't influence the outcome, so either player may forfeit the battle immediately after.
Tournament procedure:
  • Match-ups will be randomly generated for each round.
  • The battles are best of 3. Changes to the team may only be made once the round has been completed.
  • This is a single elimination tournament, so only the winners may proceed to the next round.
  • In the case of a disconnection, the player who disconnected will forfeit the match, unless the winner grants a replay.
Prizes:
  • The winner of this tournament may request a custom banner drawn by either FellFromtheSky or me (Cretacerus).
  • The second place may request for a custom banner drawn by the other artist.
Abomasnow
Aggron
Archeops
Audino (Mega)
Aurorus
Barbaracle
Charizard
Claydol
Combusken
Cradily
Electivire
Ferroseed
Garbodor
Gastrodon
Golurk
Gurdurr
Hariyama
Haunter
Hitmonchan
Jynx
Kabutops
Kangaskhan
Kecleon
Klinklang
Lanturn
Liepard
Lilligant
Ludicolo
Magmortar
Malamar
Manectric
Mantine
Mesprit
Miltank
Mismagius
Musharna
Omastar
Piloswine
Pinsir
Poliwrath
Primeape
Pyroar
Quagsire
Regirock
Rhydon
Rotom
Samurott
Sandslash
Scyther
Shiftry
Skuntank
Steelix
Swellow
Tauros
Torterra
Trevenant
Vileplume
Vivillon
Weezing
Xatu
Zangoose

Brackets:

Pink Floyd vs Cretacerus (due to inactivity)
trannel vs Loki669 (due to inactivity)
locoghoul vs Shad0wBlazze (extended into Round 2)
Mattapod vs Qdot
AyuNachtara vs Winterclaw
ShadowStriker99 vs Nelson Tangela
Corrin vs xxxasaruxxx
SleekzZero vs ChaLaLloyd si.tole

Our substitute player will be the user with the Substitute avatar: si.tole

Last edited:
Winterclaw VS AyuNachtara

Game 1; 4NGG-WWWW-WW5X-NX89 1-0(Winterclaw)
Game 2; RDZG-WWWW-WW5X-NXEQ 2-0(Winterclaw)

Nice battles, GG AyuNachtara.
I was like WTH!! when your ancient power proc'd. Never seen that ability proc'd :D

Cretacerus

Survivor
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Reactions Contest Winner
So, I take it si.tole will be my new opponent, correct?
Alright, since SleekzZero hasn't been seen online for quite a while, I was thinking of pairing you with their opponent xxxasaruxxx for this round (as mentioned in PM), so both of you have someone to battle. ;)
si.tole would be battling SleekzZero in case they still appear in time, or otherwise sub the entire bracket in Round 2. Hope that's okay!

Here are the new match-ups:
Corrin vs xxxasaruxxx
(SleekzZero vs si.tole)

----------

Unfortunately, there is also one important thing I overlooked in the OP: the slightly limited compatibility between the XY and ORAS games. If either one of the players uses XY, the battles would automatically fall under the Kalos Rules, which prevent any moves, items, and Pokemon introduced in ORAS from being brought to battle.

For us specifically, the Kalos Rules prohibit:

• Mega Audino (Audinite)
  • Cosplay-Pikachu
Due to the late announcement, these Pokemon can still be used within this round as long as both parties agree. From Round 2 onward, however, they'll be banned completely to keep things simple. Objectively speaking, this might not actually be the worst thing, since the Mega-Audino + Tangrowth combo appears very troublesome to deal with in NU. Apologies for this oversight!

Lost 2 - 1 to xxxasaruxxx

My connection went down on the 1st match and I got curbstomped by an ArcheOPs I wasn't fully prepared for on the 2nd. R.I.P. Fun games nevertheless, though. Thanks for the tour!

Btw, I couldn't save the battle-video because I played using Pokemon X and he used ORAS, but that shouldn't be too much of an issue since I'm the one confirming my own loss anyways.

Last edited:
I lost 2-1 vs mattapod- who was gracious enough to allow me to battle the decider again even though I broke the rules after the second battle by changing my team, rules were misread but he graciously let me go again so top sport to him! He has the battle codes

Cretacerus

Survivor
Reactions Contest Winner
So... will Round 2 be delayed?
My availability during November will be very limited and I was hoping to battle again before the month is over.
We'll be proceeding to Round 2 shortly, just took a few hours today to confirm potential extensions. ;)

Unfortunately, we have two cases of inactivity for the following match-ups:
Pink Floyd vs Cretacerus
trannel vs Loki669
That means that both Loki669 and myself would move on to Round 2, in order to keep the numbers even.

Screenshots:
Screenshot.png(will edit in the other one later)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)