5th Gen EV Manual (Written)

So to get this straightened out, if I EV train my pokemon using 5th gen standards in 4th gen and get it to 5th Gen, it will keep the EV's right? Would same me some time to get me a starting competitive team for 5th gen.

You only earn EVs from a pokémon when you defeat it. If your weedle faces a roggenrola in battle and faints, it doesn't earn EVs from roggenrola. If your weedle faces a roggenrola and runs from battle, it doesn't earn EVs. If your weedle faces a roggenrola, then switches to another pokémon who then runs away, neither pokémon earns EVs. If you don't want the EVs from a certain pokémon just run.
ok thanks

Great guide! Just a small detail, in the Vitamins and Wings section, you have "Protein - 10 Strength EVs", perhaps Strength could be changed to Attack to keep consistency with the standard term to avoid any confusion. But really trivial detail, awesome guide overall!

EV Erasing Berries

If for some reason you need to undo your EV training, you can use six special berries that reduce your Pokemon's EVs by 10 per usage. They are as follows:

• Pomeg Berry - Removes 10 HP EVs
  • Kelpsy Berry - Removes 10 Strength EVs
  • Qualot Berry - Removes 10 Defense EVs
  • Hondew Berry - Removes 10 Special Attack EVs
  • Grepa Berry - Removes 10 Special Defense EVs
  • Tamato Berry - Removes 10 Speed EVs

Also, if your Pokemon has over 100 EVs already invested, consuming one of these berries will drop you down to 100 EVs exactly, regardless of how many you already had! So to completely erase your invested EVs, you need 11 Berries.

Unlike previous generations, acquiring these berries is not easy in-game, as you have no way of growing berries in-game. The only easy way you can acquire them is through the Dream World. If you don't have the ability to connect to the Dream World, then you will need to be very careful about your EV training!
I've found today that this is no longer the case.

I was EV-training Deerling (he hasn't 510 EVs yet) and noticed that I accidentally put 255 EVs in Attack instead of 252, effectively messing my EV-training and forcing me to stop it temporarily.
Deerling is currently lv 28 and has 70 Atk.
I used a Kelpsy Berry, much to my surprise Deeling still had 70 Atk, so I used Muscle Wings as to test, and the game didn't let me use more than 10 Muscle Wings, knowing that Deeling still has room for EVs.

EV reducing berries work like they used to do in Emerald, they drop down a stat by 10 EVs regardless of the current amount of EVs in said stat, also you need 26 berries to erase all 255 EVs in one stat.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
The previous owner of this article does not wish to continue working on it, contact me or another moderator for this forum if you wish to take it over.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Ok, since no one else offered, I'll be taking this over and re-writing/structuring some parts in a new thread. Moving this to L&O. New thread here

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)