2017 musics

Asek

Banned deucer.
im liking the remo drive debut. definitely feel like they could produce some stellar music in the future.

the latest mount eerie album came out a couple weeks ago now, and wow it's really good. i didn't listen to it at first because i saw it getting a mix of flack and praise, and i didn't know who mount eerie is so i just didn't bother. i (admittedly) only learned today that mount eerie is one of phil elverium's (the guy from the microphones) projects. i'm not really a huge fan of his work because i'm not too familiar with it outside the glow part 2, but this album still blew me away honestly.

it's a very personal album about his wife who died recently from cancer, and i noticed that most of the flack this album is getting comes from people who don't like when death related albums get a lot of praise. i don't think this is a revolutionary album or anything by any means, but i think he does a great job of just portraying how much someone suddenly dying sucks. it's so sad but so straightforward.

Dread Arceus

total cockhead
If you havent heard A Crow Looked At Me by Mount Eerie, its painful to listen to the entire album, and in this case, I do not mean that in a negative way

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think the thing I like about Kendrick is that he's not only lyrically incredible, but his voice is such an instrument too. It's just so pleasing to listen to, even if you're not paying attention to the lyrics specifically. Greatest rapper alive.

(also conspiracy theorists say he's dropping another album on Sunday????)

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
so did kendrick sample WOMBO COMBO around :58 in DNA or am i just playin :l

kendrick was aight, honestly most of the songs were pretty good but i wasnt blown away or anything like that. the bass on humble will always get me tho.

on the other hand...cartis tape dropped and honestly its really fucking good aside from the track with the rocky feature. might not be everyones cup of tea but i would definitely check it out

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams
2017 albums I've listened to so far
Just really forgettable. The lo-fi is really annoying on this album and doesn't add much to the music. There are some nice guitar parts though
At least when I listened to the Booji Boys album I only wasted 20 minutes of my life, I wasted more than twice as much with this garbage. There were maybe two songs where I didn't have the urge to just skip it half way through
Listened to this because of all the hype. I think Lorde's voice is suited to slow burners like most tracks on Pure Heroine. There are some ok songs like Sober and Writer in the Dark but the other songs are just boring pop.
Déjà Vu got me kinda excited because its quality was higher than Amused to Death and The Final Cut, but besides Déjà Vu and The Last Refugee I thought it was pretty boring. It's better than most late PF albums though, but not quiet as good as Amused to Death
Has some nice songs, but not something I like to listen to longer than 20 minutes.
Not as interesting as Nonagon Infinity. I know KGLW likes repetition but at least on Nonagon/Banana they did it with something new, now they're just repeating their older stuff again. Alter Me / Altered Beast is a great start though
It's not that I dislike music dealing with tragic events so directly, but with this album I feel like it is so focussed on the lyricism, that everything else just doesn't sound interesting enough to listen to for over 40 minutes. It's a 6/10 because it got some realy great lyrics, but that's pretty much it for me.
First few songs are pretty nice. Nothing too exceptional.
Love some of the songs here, even though I have no idea what they're actually singing about. Destruidnos juntos is great. The shorter songs are kinda underwhelming. Didn't like the closer either
I never actually listened to Souvlaki in its entirety, but after listening to this, I definitely will soon. The album got some great moments, especially on the first half, though it took me a few listens to really like it.
I don't really care that much about the whole microtonal thing King Gizzard is experimenting with. I just like the song structures on most songs. Especially songs like Melting and Billabong Valley are pretty good. Even the opening track, which is basically just saying rattlesnake for 8 minutes, doesn't get boring.
Liked this way more than on my first few listens. Strong contender for album of the year. Ogre is definitely the strongest track here, but Prostitute, Beggar, and Scientist also stand out.
Not a big indie pop fan but still decided to give this album a chance and I sure don't regret it. Most songs are around 5-7 minutes, but I feel like each one of them has enough content to stay interesting for that time. The last and also longest song shows that 5-7 minutes should really be the max for these songs because it kinda becomes repetitive after a while. The shorter songs are alright.

Looking forward to the new LCD Soundsystem, not much else I'm really hyped for

Last edited:
So Leprous have dropped a track off their upcoming album. I personally have deep reservations about it, it felt like they were trying too hard to incorporate some pop into their sound and it ended up being bland poppy stuff with odd time signatures. Like where's the emotion idk

In terms of stuff that's been released this year that I really like, I thought Soen's Lykaia was pretty sweet (I'm a bit late here but screw it). They sound a lot more alive than in their previous releases imo, Sectarian and Opal are both pretty great tracks that bring some energy.

ps when I talk about music i ascribe to the philosophy of faking it until you make it so idk

OLD GREGG (im back baby)

old gregg for life
Stopping through to say the new Big Boi(Outkast) album dropped and it's legit. Got some really good features including a couple of Killer Mike verses.
Don't sleep on it because it's a nice addition to the Outkast catalog. My biggest gripe is that Andre 3000 is nowhere to be seen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)