2014/15 Association Football (Soccer) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Group A: France, Netherlands, Sweden Bulgaria, Belarus, Luxembourg
Group B: Portugal, Switzerland, Hungary, Faroe Islands, Latvia, Andorra
Group C: Germany, Czech Republic, Northern Ireland, Norway, Azerbaijan, San Marino
Group D: Austria, Serbia, Republic of Ireland, Moldova, Georgia, Bale
Group E: Romania, Denmark, Poland, Montenegro, Armenia, Kazakhstan
Group F: England, Scotland, Slovenia, Malta, Lithuania, Slovakia
Group G: Spain, Italy, Israel, Albania, Liechtenstein, Macedonia
Group H: Belgium, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Greece, Estonia, Cyprus
Group I: Croatia, Iceland, Ukraine, Turkey, Finland

Bold are my predictions for top 2 for each qualification group. Also the South American group was seeded so teams don't face Argentina and Brazil consecutively. I wonder if someone trolls them and puts Argentina-Uruguay-Brazil match days instead :P

Last edited:
yea.. and we brought all our second string on.. who scored 4 minutes later :P against barcas first team. so justified win :P
just because Chelsea couldn't beat USA sides..

Group A: France, Netherlands, Sweden, Bulgaria, Belarus, Luxembourg
Group C: Germany, Czech Republic, Northern Ireland, Norway, Azerbaijan, San Marino
Group D: Austria, Serbia, Republic of Ireland, Moldova, Georgia, Wales

In blue the winner groups. So odd pairing brackets could eliminate some great team on tiebreackers.

Last edited:
yea.. and we brought all our second string on.. who scored 4 minutes later :P against barcas first team. so justified win :P
just because Chelsea couldn't beat USA sides..
confusing your first squad with your second? Or do you not understand how friendlies work? Or how preseason works? Or how a united states tour works? Which is it?

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
Group A: France, Netherlands, Sweden, Bulgaria, Belarus, Luxembourg
Group G: Spain, Italy, Israel, Albania, Liechtenstein, Macedonia We will still suck -.-

Most groups look 'obvious', at least for the top2, but in most the race for the top1 will be close. Most interesting groups are probably D, F and G, group I could be really interesting if Turkey steps up (lololol) but in the end Croatia will claim #1 seed anyway, and the 2nd of the group will be the worst 2nd and won't qualify for playoffs

since phalanx doesnt understand how pre season friendlies or a us tour works, there isn't any point explaining to him how the united barca result is pointless. So here are my predictions for world cup uefa qualifying

Group A- Netherlands top group France comes second. Sweden's talent is either too old or too young. 2020 euro's should be good for them and no one else looks good enough
Group B- I'm going with the Swiss to top and Portugal to come second. Portugal always have to qualify via playoffs. And Hungary is the only challenge to top 2 spots, lol
Group C- Germany's C team qualifies and Czech Republic gets second. Norway and Czech Republic games will be an interesting watch though
Group D- Wales got a good group and I think they will win it if Ramsey and Bale play well enough. Second goes to Serbia for me, Austria has some good talent and so does Ireland but I think Serbia can win it
Group E- Denmark wins the group and Poland comes second. Seriously who thought Romania was a top seed?
Group F- England squeak through followed by slovakia.
Group G- Spain then Italy but purely because I value spain's younger talent higher than italy's and spain still has more veterans that they can call on for a bigger game (It's not a world cup final so they might not choke)
Group H- Belgium win it and I will take Bosnia because age will eventually catch up to the greeks right? Right?
Group I- Croatia win it, and it comes down to turkey and ukraine but I think Turkey take it and get playoffs.

Although this can all change because in a year the euro's will throw off everything like they always do

Group A: France, Netherlands, Sweden Bulgaria, Belarus, Luxembourg

Winner in bold, runner-up is underlined. Not many of the groups are close, most of it is pretty straight-forward.

Liverpool will probably win the league this year as we've signed a player I never heard about before the signing, who is probably the next ronaldinho

I do understand how preseason works.
that preseason cup thing had a completely stupid format anyway, a team could win it without facing other teams who could win it.

ahh so preseason means nothing? So beating a barca team with no messi, neymar, mascherano, dani alves and ter stergen in a us tour actually meant nothing. Should tell phalanx from a week ago about that

ahh so preseason means nothing? So beating a barca team with no messi, neymar, mascherano, dani alves and ter stergen in a us tour actually meant nothing. Should tell phalanx from a week ago about that
no last time we won all our preseason games, and then lost first game of the season. that's the point.
we got nothing from it, and LVG doesnt seem to fix the actual issues, defenders do not work, as shown against PSG... we still haven't bought one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)