SM OU 「ECHOES」 (DD Zygarde Bulky Offense)

This is actually one of my more successful teams in OU so far, so I'm probably going to use this often.

「TEAM LINEUP」

「THE TEAM」
overhead the albatross hangs motionless upon the air
Celesteela @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 84 HP / 252 SpA / 172 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Autotomize
- Air Slash
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
Celesteela is usually hailed as being one of the premier walls of the OU metagame, but put a bit of speed onto it and you have an incredibly dangerous sweeper on your hands, and Autotomize does just that. Celesteela snowballs into an unstoppable force with Beast Boost, regularly boosting its Special Attack to ungodly levels, and with good STAB and coverage in Air Slash, Fire Blast, and Giga Drain (which makes this monster even more bulky), it's a force to be reckoned with.

and deep beneath the rolling waves in labyrinths of coral caves

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 220 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
Specially Defensive Heatran is an amazing utility mon, checking a lot of threats that could give this team some trouble and giving SR support, which is always helpful. Lava Plume has a high enough burn chance to scare off some physical attackers and Toxic is always a staple for wearing down tankier foes, and Taunt can shut down stall teams really well should this team encounter one.
the echo of a distant tide
Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
Keldeo is an amazing wallbreaker, and Specs turns it's already good Special Attack up to eleven. Scald is good choice for a STAB attack, with a neat chance to burn, while Secret Sword shreds special defensive walls like they're nothing. Hydro Pump isn't always accurate, but it works pretty well to nuke tankier opponents, and to top it all off, Icy Wind is not only good coverage, but also drops the target's speed, just to make their life that little bit more difficult.

comes willowing across the sand

Weavile @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick
A Weavile set of my own design from my XY Anything Goes days, this set still holds it's ground in the SM metagame pretty well. Choice Band gives Weavile a bit more longevity than Life Orb and makes it a pretty alright revenge killer. Overall, it's just the standard LO Weavile set with a few minor adjustments, with Pursuit instead of Knock Off to pursuit trap things, and Low Kick for some much needed coverage against Tyrannitar and other Rock and Steel Types
and everything is green and submarine
Tapu Bulu @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Stone Edge
Banded Tapu Bulu is an absolute monster in terms of both physical tankiness and STAB damage. Grassy Terrain basically gives Leftovers to everyone on the field, which is both helpful and kind of a drawback. Wood Hammer is absolutely terrifying under Grassy Terrain, as is Horn Leech, which adds recovery options for Bulu, while Superpower and Stone Edge hit Steel, Fire and Flying types for a really great amount of damage
echoes

Zygarde @ Groundium Z
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
And now for the real star of the show, Dragon Dance Zygarde. This thing is terrifying if set up properly. Tectonic Rage hits really hard against a lot of things, sometimes even taking out some of Zygarde's still-living checks if necessary. Thousand Arrows is an amazing STAB attack, hitting and 2HKOing the likes of Celesteela and sometimes Skarmory, and Outrage is just terrifying on it's own unless Fairies are still around. Extreme Speed is especially useful for dealing with faster opponents like Scarf Latios and Greninja.

「IMPORTABLE」
Celesteela @ Flyinium Z
Modest Nature
- Autotomize
- Air Slash
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 220 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Weavile @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Zygarde @ Groundium Z
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed

Last edited:
How does this team fare with the stall MU once heatran is gone? Can also see the team being weak to medicham.

Hello PearlLunaris , really cool team you've made here. I like weavile since it's destroys offensives, and I think, it's underrated in the current metagame so it's cool to see people use it. Electric spam is really hard to deal with. Tapu koko and manectric are big threats since your only way to switch into them is tapu bulu that is pretty easy to pressure it. Tapu fini can be a threat if your bulu is break down, and some threatening mons like Mawile and Char-X are dangerous. I also noticed that you weak to fighting spam. So, I have some suggestions to improve your team.

First, I'd say to change that
to
. Tapu bulu is actually your only way to switch into some threats and I don't think that you need more offensive power since you have CB weavile + Z ground Zyg. Tangrowth allows you a really good check to Electric spam, mostly for manectric and tapu koko. Also, Tangrowth is a better switch in to bulky waters like Tapu fini or something else.

Then, as I said before, fighting spam is really threatening. So, I suggest to change that
to
. Lando-t can easily switch in into fighting spam like mega medicham, heracross, etc. Classic spread to take damages from physical attackers. But, I just think, run HP Fly over HP Ice is better since lando-t can do nothing to m-heracross.

I'd change
and
's items. You're using 2 Z Move, and that's impossible. So, you should use Life Orb on Celesteela and then I think Z draco is better since it lures bulky grounds.

Last thing, I'd change that
's moveset. Weavile without its main stab Knock off is annoying and Low kick touches only TTar. Also, Icicle with CB does ~40%. I think, it can be a 2HKO after rocks.

Things like offensive Zapdos can be threatening but however I like the team with changes.

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 24 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power Fly
- U-turn

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake

Weavile @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off

Zygarde @ Dragonium Z
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed

Celesteela @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Autotomize
- Air Slash
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)