ORAS OU ✧✧✧A Noble Swordplay: Let's Aid Mega Gallade (BO)✧✧✧

"Hi everyone, hope you're having a great week. Today I present my 5th team-building attempt with Mega Gallade. As some of you may already know, I enjoy playing with "underrated" Pokemon in OU. This is because they are less predictable and more rewarding to use in battle. Mega Gallade is one of my favourite Pokemon, and it is also very powerful. That said, it faces stiff competition from Mega Medicham, as the latter is believed to be the stronger of the two.

However, all is not lost as Mega Gallade has an edge over Mega Medicham. It possesses greater speed and defence, as well as versatility and utility. All of which makes it a powerful force to be reckoned with!

PS: Mega Gallade and Crawdaunt are a dangerous pairing. To find out more about the core, grab some popcorn and stay tuned..."
Anime Fan

Team Building Process:

[Set-Up Sweeper + Wallbreaker]
As the centre of the team Mega Gallade has the role of bulky set-up sweeper. Its speed and utility remain effective against offensive and defensive teams alike. Mega Gallade is also versatile and can play many roles thanks to its vast move-pool. When utilising Zen Headbutt it forms an excellent core with Crawdaunt as they're capable of breaking each other's counters.

[Wallbreaker + Abuser]
Crawdaunt is a suitable wall breaker that synergizes well with the team. It provides both additional offence as well as a priority Aqua Jet. Crawdaunt makes a great car with Mega Gallade since it can beat psychic, ghost, and fairy-type Pokemon. Furthermore, it is also capable of stall breaking! I wanted to use the core in an attempt to try something different (no bishop).
[Defensive Wall + Stealth Rock User]
A bulky Stealth Rock setter like Landorus-T was added into the team to counter physical threats like Talonflame and Mega Pinsir. Its use of Stealth Rock supports the team by providing potential KOs. Landorus-T has a great ability and typing, which can be advantageous in battle. It surprisingly has a good synergy with Jirachi.

[Defensive Pivot + Set Up Sweeper]
Clefable compliments the team by offering to patch up its weaknesses. It also forms a dragon, steel, and fairy core with Jirachi and Latios. Clefable's utility options and ability makes it an exceptional support for the team.

[Revenge Killer + Healing Wish User]
Beating Mega Gardevoir is very important, and Jirachi does exactly that. Its typing compliments with the team and allows it to form a steel, dragon, and fairy core with Latios and Clefable. Jirachi plays the role of a revenge killer as well as Scout.

[Hazard Removal + Wallbreaker]
Latios rounds up the team by sheltering them from fire, water and electric assaults. Its typing synergizes Jirachi and Clefable. Furthermore, it performs the role of hazard removal and a wall breaker.

Teammate Analysis:

Gallade @ Galladite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 160 HP / 96 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
Bulk Up
Drain Punch
Knock Off
Substitute

Bulk Up increases Mega Gallade's defence and attack stat, thus making it extra dangerous and difficult to KO. Drain Punch compliments this set well by boosting longevity and providing STAB. Knock Off provides utility and is easily spammed. It has excellent coverage with Drain Punch and allows Mega Gallade to beat its counters (psychics). Substitute goes into the final slot, as it protects Mega Gallade from status. It also gives Mega Gallade the opportunity to set up on defensive and offensive threats like Tangrowth, and Bisharp.

Note: Max speed investment is used to maintain offensive pressure on Latios, Keldeo and Gengar. When combined with Substitute, the defensive EVs allow Mega Gallade to set up on bulky psychic types like Cresselia, Slowbro and Mew. There's an alternate set down low. It utilises Swords Dance, along with Substitute. It's a good option for its additional offence IMO ^^

Crawdaunt (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature / Adamant
Nature
Swords Dance
Crabhammer
Crunch
Aqua Jet

Swords Dance increases Crawdaunt's attack to terrifying levels, making it dangerous against offensive and defensive teams. Crabhammer is a powerful STAB move that also boasts a high critical-hit ratio. Crunch is used as it does not interrupt the power of Mega Gallade's Knock Off. Furthermore, it is a powerful and reliable STAB move that has the perk of breaking Mega Evolutions, as well as item-less Pokemon. Aqua Jet is Crawdaunt's form of priority, it makes up for its poor speed and is effective for cleaning late-game.

Note: A Jolly Nature is preferred since it provides optimal speed when going up against defensive teams. It allows Crawdaunt to outspeed bulky threats like Rotom-Wash, Heatran, as well as opposing Landorus-Therian. That said, an Adamant Nature can be used to boost its strength further. A Choice Band set is another option that provides a tonne of power without sacrificing Crawdaunt's speed. However, doing so will force Jirachi to run a different set (utilising two or more Choice users is often disadvantageous).

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Lax Nature
Earthquake
Stealth Rock
Hidden Power Ice / Hidden Power Fire / Swords Dance
Stone Edge

Boasting accuracy and power, Earthquake is a fantastic STAB move. Stealth Rock supports the team by helping them to grab potential KOs. Hidden Power Ice is used to lure and weaken Garchomp, as well as opposing Landorus-T. This especially benefits Mega Gallade, as they can be problematic without Ice Punch. Hidden Power Fire is another alternative, to be used against Scizor and Ferrothorn. Swords Dance can be used to KO Clefable, Ferrothorn, Mega Scizor and even Mega Venusaur (if using SD, changed nature to Relaxed). Stone Edge compliments the set by providing perfect coverage with Earthquake.

Note: The combination of Rocky Helmet and Hidden Power Fire, is enough to KO Mega Scizor. It also gives Landorus-T a means to damage Ferrothorn and defensive Skarmory. Weakening said walls give the team the opportunity to switch. The use of Hidden Power Fire on Landorus-T, allows Jirachi to use something else. 48 EVs in speed allows Landorus-T to outpace Jolly Crawdaunt, as well as opposing defensive Landorus-T. However doing so will reduce its defensive capabilities. A Yache Berry can be used to lure and KO Mega Metagross, however, the removal of Rocky Helmet may cause Landorus-T to be somewhat passive.

Clefable (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
Calm Mind
Moonblast
Soft-Boiled
Thunder Wave

Calm Mind turns Clefable into a defensive sweeper, by boosting its Special Attack and Sp. Defence. Moonblast allows Clefable to threaten opposing fighting and dark-types. Soft Boiled is used for longevity, allowing Clefable to counter and wall threats. Thunder Wave is great for speed control, it is also useful for deterring Heatran and Mega Metagross from switching in.

Note: Clefable can run 6 IVs in speed, which will allow it to set up on Ferrothorn. Thunder Wave is the preferred move on this set because it suits and benefits the team. What's more, it also deters dangerous threats from switching in e.g. Mega Metagross.

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
Iron Head
U-turn
Fire Punch / Heart Stamp
Healing Wish

Iron Head is a useful STAB that allows Jirachi to beat fairies-types. It can also be used to flinch and KO dangerous threats. U-Turn provides excellent momentum, as well as the ability to scout. Fire Punch is a great option to pummel Ferrothorn and Scizor. However is those are already covered, then Heart Stamp is the preferred option, as it increases its ability to revenge-kill and KO Mega Venusaur. Healing Wish is great support move that allows Jirachi to restore a teammate. However is very taxing, which results to Jirachi fainting during battle.

Note: Mega Venusaur can carry Knock Off, carelessly switching into Jirachi can be a bad idea. Furthermore, without Heart Stamp Mega Venusaur can be difficult to face in battle. Giving Landorus-T Hidden Power Fire, whilst Jirachi carries Heart Stamp seems credible in my opinion (MHM). Utilising more than one Choice user is often disadvantageous. If running a Choice Band on Crawdaunt, it is recommended to use a Sub Toxic, or a Mixed Lure set on Jirachi.

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
Draco Meteor
Psyshock / Defog
Surf
Roost

Draco Meteor is an incredibly powerful STAB move, it is also useful for wall breaking. Psyshock provides additional STAB and is great for smacking fairies and water types e.g. opposing Clefables and Manaphy. Defog isn't very important, but it supports the team by removing entry hazards. This especially benefits [Bulk Up] Mega Gallade. Surf is compulsory for hitting Gliscor, Heatran, and Tyranitar. Roost increases longevity, allowing Latios to continuously counter water, fire and electric types.

Note: A Colbur Berry can be used to avoid getting Pursuit trapped, however, the loss of power from a Life Orb can be discouraging. Dragon Pulse is a good alternative to Draco Meteor, as it doesn't lower it's Special Attack. This can also be useful when trying to hit Tyranitar (because it can't take advantage of a Sp.Atk drop anymore). That said, the power loss is also noticeable. Latios can run an additional coverage or support moves over Defog. This is mainly due to the team's lack of weakness to entry hazards.

To conclude:

Mega Gallade is a great Pokemon to use in OU. It's versatility and utility is very impressive, and sets it apart from Mega Medicham. The team also looks well-prepared for OU, as it was built to work around threats. I've enjoying battling online with one of my favourite Pokemon, plus it was a great experience as well. Mega Gallade isn't outclassed by Mega Medicham IMO, this is due to them working best in different in areas. That said teambuilding with Mega Gallade is challenging, but a fun and useful experience. On a random note...Mega Gallade looks amazing! ^^

Threats:

Mega Metagross and Gengar are a huge threat to the team, due to their overwhelming power. The presence of these threats often means a KO teammate. What's more, when played well this duo can effectively sweep the team. That said Landorus-T can be effective against Mega Metagross, as it can torment it with mind games, or KO it with a Yache Berry. Furthermore, the following threats are speed-tied against Mega Gallade and Latios (at full HP M-Gallade has a 75% chance to survive a Shadow Ball from Gengar). Adamant Crawdaunt is an effective answer to beating weakened threats.

Both variants of Gyarados are terrifying to go up against, due to their powerful STAB, as well as access to Dragon Dance. At +2 both variants are more than capable of sweeping through the team (with a weakened Clefable, or a flinch). Thankfully neither variant can set up easily against the team.

Rain teams a huge problem as well. This is mainly because of their boosted speed and coverage. When played well the following threats are capable of sweeping with ease (especially Kingdra and Omaster). That said when weakened, the majority of these threats can be revenge killed by Crawdaunt. Beating Politoed as soon as possible is highly advised.

Frightening and terrifying, opposing Crawdaunts are also a threat to watch out for as the team doesn't have any counters. Knock Off deals a lot of damage, as well as removing an item. Thankfully Crawdaunt can be revenge killed by faster members of the team.

A mammoth of a threat, this Pokemon is especially dangerous due to its typing and attack stat. It can also utilise troublesome moves like Endeavour, and Knock Off. That said Mamoswine isn't very common, plus it can be KO by Mega Gallade and Crawdaunt.

Equipped with Choice item, the following threats can be very dangerous when played right. A single mistake can easily result in the loss of an important teammate, thus caution is advised when battling these threats. Adamant Crawdaunt is an effective answer to beating weakened threats.

Feraligatr is another threat to watch out for. It's ability and access to Dragon Dance gives it the means to potentially sweep through the team! However, it suffers from the four-move syndrome, which gives Crawdaunt the advantage (if it isn't running Super Power). A healthy Clefable is also a solid check to DD Feraligatr, regardless of its nature.

When equipped with a Lum Berry, Volcanora can be a terrifying opponent in battle. It's typing and access to Quiver dance gives it potential to sweep the team. That said it has a crippling weakness to Stealth Rock and is KO'd by Adamant Crawdaunt's Aqua Jet.

The ex-assistant of Mega Gallade is out for revenge. It's STAB typing and ability makes it a dangerous foe to face in battle, especially since none of the team appreciates switching into its assaults. That said, Bisharp is easily checked by Crawdaunt, as well as Mega Gallade's substitute. What's more, Jirachi can use Healing Wish to restore a weakened Mega Gallade, thus allowing it check Bisharp regardless (lol).

Replays:

Available On Request.

Team Export:

Gallade-Mega @ Galladite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Substitute

EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Lax Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge

Crawdaunt (M) @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Crabhammer
- Crunch

Clefable (M) @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 6 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

Jirachi @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 132 Atk / 160 SpA / 216 Spe
Mild Nature
- Iron Head
- Icy Wind
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Roost

P.S. What are your thoughts and suggestions on the team (no replacing Mega)? Thanks for reading through the thread, and I hope you have wonderful week ^^

Last edited:
Hi. Nice team you have got.

First thing I would like to note is that your team on its own is really solid already. You usually have a way around most of your threats, which is a good thing.

Outside of your threatlist, another thing your team is weak to is DarkSpam, being able to plow through your team as it lacks resists and hence I shall work on this.

Here are some suggestions:

Max Attack; Moveset changes.
I think the only viable MGallade set in the current metagame is its fully offensive set as it gives it the utmost power to do what it's meant to do effectively. However, I think Will-o-Wisp should be fitted in the set as you're pretty Dark weak and instead of getting Suckered by Bisharp you can get a burn on it. This can save you games. The reason why I dislike Sub-Bulk Up on this is because this thing lacks passive recovery in Lefties which can be extremely detrimental at times. As such, I think max Attack is the way to go.

Band > SD; Jolly Nature
I think Banded Craw would be more useful to your team as you already have a few set-up sweepers. Crawdaunt doesn't usually get to set up anyway and it would be nice to dish out good damage straightaway. Also, a lot of the time when you're using Crawdaunt, you'll most likely be clicking Crabhammer/Knock Off straight out. This could also help when you're revenge killing with Aqua Jet. Jolly Nature is a must-have for Crawdaunt as you need it to outspeed important things like Rotom-W.

Psyshock > Defog
Your team doesn't really need Defog support, with none of them taking >12.5% from them. I wanted to suggest HP Fire at first but that lowers your speed which could be detrimental. Psyshock works though.

Here are the sets:
Gallade @ Galladite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Zen Headbutt

Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Surf

That's it for my rate. Hope I helped, thanks for reading and have a nice day! n_n

Hi Tinberz,

Thanks for the compliment and feedback ^^

You're right, the team is vulnerable to dark spam! I'll look into fixing that, as soon as I get home.
Thanks for the recommendations, I especially liked the ones about running CB on Crawdaunt and Will-O-Wisp on Mega Gallade. So yeah, I'll give these changes a try, as soon as I get back. Replacing Defog seems a little risky...but I also think it worth it; since hazard stacking isn't common, plus [as you said] the team isn't weak to entry hazards mhm :3

Thanks for the tips and ideas, much appreciated ^^

Hey Anime_Fan cool team. I really like seeing Mega Gallade on a team, even though it is outclassed by MegaMedi in a multitude of ways (higher attack, access to arguably better priority, etc). But thats neither here nor there, so lets look at the entirety of the team. First off I see that your team is very weak to Bisharp, having no good Pokemon to switch into it. Bisharp hits a majority of your team very hard, such as Mega Gallade, Jirachi, Latios, and Clefable. Bulky LandoT isn't a switch-in at all, as it's Intimidate boosts Bishsharp's attack. Only Crawdaunt is able to handle Bisharp, but it cannot switch in repeatedly. Another Pokemon that can give your team a lot of trouble is Manaphy and Mega Scizor (or other bulky set-up mons). These Pokemon can easily find opportunities to set up against your team, and can do large amounts of damage to multiple members, with Manaphy hitting Crawdaunt and Lando with Energy Ball and Scald/Surf/Ice Beam (lol) respectively, and MegaZor hitting Clef and Lati/MegaLade with BP and Bug Bite. Manaphy can also 1v1 your Mega Gallade, being able to break it's Sub with Scald, and it has a pretty solid chance to burn your Gallade and neuter it for the rest of the match. Finally, LO Gengar is probably the biggest threat to your team, being able to 2HKO everything on it. You're team has no switch-in to Gengar, and can find it hard to get rid of due to a lack of Speed that exists on the team. I'd list out some calcs, but the amount of work LO Gengar puts into your team is just terrifying. This is just a little nit-picky, but some of the alternative sets you've suggested are very situational (Using HP Fire to hit MegaVenu [?]) so I'd be careful about saying those. With all that aside and mentioned, lets jump into the rate.

Mega Gallade is an absolute, offensive powerhouse, with Base 165 Attack and Base 110 Speed. For some reason, you decided to give it a more passive role, which I guess is a cool concept but pales in comparison to what Gallade has the potential to do. Rationalizing the lack of power with the "bulk" isn't the best reasoning to turn an offensive Pokemon passive. CB Talonflame still 2HKOs after 2 Bulk Ups, and Mega Pinsir does a ridiculous amount with Return. I'd first start off by replacing your SpDef EV spread with one of 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe, still keeping the Jolly Nature. This allows Mega Gallade to capitalize on its monstrous attack and deal as much damage as it possibly can. Replacing Bulk Up for Swords Dance gives Gallade the immediate boost in power to demolish teams in the late-game, as thats most likely when you'll start to set up with it. A +2 Mega Gallade is absolutely terrifying to face. Close Combat is also a viable option on Gallade, if you find that Drain Punch has a lack of power, but the extra longevity can come in handy. Finally, replacing Substitute with Zen Headbutt gives Gallade access to it's secondary STAB Psychic typing, and can hit bulky Pokemon like Amoonguss and Mega Venusaur especially hard. Should Defensive LandoT get in your way, Ice Punch can be run over Knock Off, but its nice to remove items from certain Pokemon (cough Skarm) and have the ability to hit Psychic types with SuperEffective damage. Nitpicking a little, but you list Cresselia and Mew as Pokemon that Mega Gallade can set up on. While I don't doubt that fact, those two aren't the best examples as they aren't very common in OU. These changes make Gallade more of an offensive Pokemon, but it loses its ability to take hits like avoiding the OHKO from AV Torn-T's Hurricane and Specs Keldeo's Hydro Pump.

I love Crawdaunt and how strong it is, especially with SD and a Life Orb. I only have a few minor changes I would suggest for Crawdaunt, mostly because Crawdaunt is super hard to create wrong, if that makes any sense. I would first start off by using a Jolly Nature over an Adamant one on Craw. Craw surely appreciates the extra power, but the little boost in Speed can be the difference between taking out a Rotom-Wash and being burned or Volt Switched against. Your reasoning for using Crunch over Knock Off is completely invalid, as Knock has 97.5 Base Power when the Pokemon is holding an item as opposed to Crunch's 80 Base Power, and not many (if any Pokemon excluding Megas) do not hold an item, making Knock the better move. It may not seem like a big change, but look at this calc against Rotom-Wash: 252 Atk Life Orb Adaptability Crawdaunt Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Rotom-W: 179-213 (59 - 70.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery compared to 252 Atk Life Orb Adaptability Crawdaunt Crunch vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Rotom-W: 148-177 (48.8 - 58.4%) -- 60.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery. It may not seem like a lot, but the extra 17.5 Base Power can be the difference between a 2HKO and a 3HKO on the most common switch-in for the crab. Even after losing an item, Knock Off still KOs Rotom, assuming that previous Knock damage has been taken. The extra boost in Speed also allows it to outspeed + Spe Natured Base 50s, like Azumarill, which can come in handy. As I said before, with the Jolly Nature you do lose a little bit of Crawdaunt's ability to punish fatter builds, but the extra Speed is worth it on your team.

I also don't have much to say about your LandoT set, except for the fact that I would change it to an EV spread of 248 HP / 244 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe. This is shamelessly taken off of the Smogdex, and for good reason. Its the best defensive set. With the 8 SpD EVs, Lando is able to survive an HP Ice from non-LO Thundurus and non-Specs Raikou. I would also recommend running an Impish Nature over a Lax Nature, as there is no point in running SpDef investment only to lower it with a Nature. It does lower the power from your HP attacks, but read the next sentence lol. Alternatively, you may find that U-Turn works better than HP Fire/Ice, as it can be used to easily bring out your offensive breakers such as Crawdaunt and Mega Gallade. Nitpicking again but, running 48 EVs in not necessary to outpace Defensive LandoT, as most Defensive LandoTs hit a benchmark of 220 Spe or less. Your 48 EVs take you to 230, wayyyy above the standard benchmark.

Once again, a minor change to your Clef set. Running a Bold Nature over a Calm one allows Clef to avoid the 2HKO from Mega Lop's Return and LO Latios' Psyshock. A Calm Nature can be run to take certain special hits like Kyurem-B's Ice Beam and MegaDiancie's Moonblast better, but you'll find more utility in taking the physical hits better, as the special holes can easily be patched up with a CM or two. That's really it for Clef.

Your Latios set is pretty solid, but you may find it useful to run HP Fire over Surf, in order to hit Steel-Types like Ferrothorn and Skarmory harder. Surf can be useful to hit Heatran though. Psyschock is an absolute necessity on Latios, allowing it to reliably check Keldeo and other Fighting or Psychic Types. Roost however, is not necessary, so I would slash Roost/HP Fire/Surf instead of Surf/Psyshock with mandatory Roost. The Speed drop from HP Fire only comes into play when going up against other Base 110's, like Gengar or MegaMeta, but it can be detrimental in certain situations.

-->

In the beginning I mentioned how big of a threat LO Gengar is to your team, and it truely is the biggest threat to your team. In order to combat this large weakness in your team, I would replace Jirachi with AV Tornadus-T. AV TornT gives your team a true answer to LO Gengar, only having (at most) a 48% chance to be 2HKOd by Sludge Wave, and being 3HKOd by Shadow Ball. Torn can retaliate back, doing at least 90% with Knock Off, and can easily U-Turn out to get the Regenerator healing. TornT forms a nice pivoting core with Landorus-T as well, as they can both pivot out into Crawdaunt or Mega Gallade to net a KO. Tornadus also gives your team a better matchup against Mega Scizor and Manaphy, being able to hit hard with a Heat Wave and Hurricane respectively. Bisharp also doesn't appreciate taking a Heat Wave, or possibly a SuperPower With the loss of Jirachi however, your team can find it harder to break through bulky Fairy-Types, like Clefable.

I think I hit everything I wanted to touch base on. Your team was decently solid to begin with, with a few large holes here and there. Gengar and Bisharp can still be a little bit of an issue, but adding Tornadus-T to the team should definitely help patch those weaknesses up. When I first looked at your team and the alternative sets you had, I'll admit I was stumped. When suggesting alternative sets, make sure you have viable one's suggested. I'm pretty sure SpDef Gallade and Colbur Berry Latios are not a thing (at least anymore for the latter). Still, it was overall a nice RMT, and its cool to see a not-so-used Mega like Mega Gallade get a spotlight once in a while. I tried to stay true to the BO nature of the team, but I made it a little more offensive with the SD Gallade, and I made it have a little more coverage with Tornadus-T being added to the team. Feel free to ask any questions if you have any.

Enjoy n_n

Gallade @ Galladite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat / Drain Punch
- Knock Off / Ice Punch / Shadow Sneak
- Zen Headbutt

EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Crawdaunt (M) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

Clefable (M) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave / Superpower
- Knock Off

Latios @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf / Hidden Power [Fire] / Roost
- Defog

Last edited:
Well, with Mega Sableye gone, time to update this. I really dislike the KOs Gallade misses without attack investment, as it is more efficient to run the standard SD set if you are running Gallade, as all ready mentioned, Sub wearing down a win condition without passive recovery isn't the best. I also agree with the CB on Crawdaunt, but you can run Adamant, since most Rotoms run the 88 Spe anyhow now, and the immediate power is more beneficial overall. Next, I'll address the Scizor weakness, as well as your Clefable weakness. By adding defensive SD Landorus, you can get to +2 and threaten Mega Scizor with a 2HKO. Also, this allows you to beat Clefable without risking your Jirachi to paralysis since it murders that too.

+2 0 Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 44+ Def Mega Scizor: 195-231 (56.8 - 67.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 0 Atk Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 261-307 (66.2 - 77.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery.
+2 0 Atk Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 199-235 (56.5 - 66.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Lastly, change Psyshock to Roost on Latios, as you want to keep it health to consistently check Keldeo (AKA prevent clicking Hydro Pump). That's it for now, I hope my suggestions help!

Gallade @ Galladite
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat - Zen Headbutt
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off

Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet
- Crunch
- Knock Off

EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Clefable (M) @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head - Fire Punch
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Roost

Well, with Mega Sableye gone, time to update this. I really dislike the KOs Gallade misses without attack investment, as it is more efficient to run the standard SD set if you are running Gallade, as all ready mentioned, Sub wearing down a win condition without passive recovery isn't the best. I also agree with the CB on Crawdaunt, but you can run Adamant, since most Rotoms run the 88 Spe anyhow now, and the immediate power is more beneficial overall. Next, I'll address the Scizor weakness, as well as your Clefable weakness. By adding defensive SD Landorus, you can get to +2 and threaten Mega Scizor with a 2HKO. Also, this allows you to beat Clefable without risking your Jirachi to paralysis since it murders that too.

+2 0 Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 44+ Def Mega Scizor: 195-231 (56.8 - 67.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 0 Atk Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 261-307 (66.2 - 77.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery.
+2 0 Atk Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 199-235 (56.5 - 66.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Lastly, change Psyshock to Roost on Latios, as you want to keep it health to consistently check Keldeo (AKA prevent clicking Hydro Pump). That's it for now, I hope my suggestions help!

Gallade @ Galladite
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat - Zen Headbutt
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off

Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet
- Crunch
- Knock Off

EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Clefable (M) @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head - Fire Punch
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Roost
thank you ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)