Smogon Forums

Cancel cult
Cancel cult
btw, do you think you can tell me what charm build you used to beat absrad hitless? my current one is shaman, soul catcher, soul eater, quick slash, and spell twister.
Cancel cult
Cancel cult
also, heres a tip you might not know. if you ever need to heal in the mantis lords/sisters of battle, all you have to do is climb the wall, and the mantises will use their projectiles, allowing you to heal.
Just A Shroom God
Just A Shroom God
that may be true but it also takes you out of the rhythm of the fight, which I find really really fun. Besides, I don't get hit often enough on them that I'm really ever in danger of dying, and you can usually heal afterwards anyway, even in the pantheons
Cancel cult
Cancel cult
fair enough. so you dont remember your charm build for absrad, i supose.
Just A Shroom God
Just A Shroom God
I do; I always run the same build. Shaman Stone, Strength, Nailmaster's Glory, Spell Twister, and either a lifeblood charm or Longnail
Cancel cult
Cancel cult
i mean for hitless. you are a lot better than me, so your advice will be very helpful.
Just A Shroom God
Just A Shroom God
that my absrad charm build though. If you want an alternate version that might be a little easier, you can try trading shamans for soul catcher and soul eater with overcharming. Combined with soul twister, it lets you spam ddark really easily, so that you can just use it whenever she attacks no matter what she does.
Just A Shroom God
Just A Shroom God
unfortunately the trade-off is that you lose power on Abyss shriek, which can be frustrating on the platforms segment but idk what to tell you for that
Cancel cult
Cancel cult
ok, your strategy is very similar to mine, which is very reasuring.
Cancel cult
Cancel cult
what do you think the best and worst charms are. I think the best charm is quick slash, because it just does everything. it helps you gather soul and increases your nail DPS.
Cancel cult
Cancel cult
as for the worst, the charm heavy blow does two things. it makes bosses stagger slightly sooner, which in most cases is almost useless, and knocks back your opponent further away, which is almost always a bad thing. so in most cases, you spend two charm notches for a downgrade
Cancel cult
Cancel cult
and yet I don't think it is the worst charm. because while it might be bad, it at least has some use cases. the same cannot be said for thorns of agony. thorns of agony deals your nails damage to your opponent when you are hit.
Cancel cult
Cancel cult
thats right. for an entire charm notch, you too can accomplish what everyone else does by pressing a button.
Just A Shroom God
Just A Shroom God
eh, quick slash is overrated because a lot of bosses jump around so much that you don't get to utilize that greater dps, especially since as a standalone charm without steady body you're both being knocked away from each other with every hit you take
Just A Shroom God
Just A Shroom God
Thorns of agony is actively bad for you. You're stuck in place for a whole 1.5 seconds after you get hit meaning by the time you get to move again your iframes are pretty much gone, leaving you much less room to manuever around subsequent attacks
Just A Shroom God
Just A Shroom God
Plus its effect isn't even that useful because against lot of bosses with ranged attacks it does literally nothing. I'd literally rather not have a charm that equip thorns.
Cancel cult
Cancel cult
I hear you about quick slash, but Its versatility is still invaluable. anyways, if you want a challenge, try beating malwek without touching the ground, spending the entire fight in the air. it is both possible and fun. knowing you, you would probably be able to do it hitless,
Just A Shroom God
Just A Shroom God
I know that the TAS pantheon runs use crazy strats where they just don't touch the ground for about half of the bosses, and it sounded cool, but I never got the idea to do it myself. Sounds fun, I'll attempt it when I get home
Cancel cult
Cancel cult
the trick is to be as far on the side of malwek as you can while still being able to pogo it, so you can avoid the infection bubbles. the leap is a jump scare, but still manageable with a double jump.
Just A Shroom God
Just A Shroom God
In theory it should be possible to do it with no items at all since you can gain height off of parrying her slash attack. I'm going to try to do it off a fresh save, though it may turn from a no-floor challenge to how many times do I have to hit the floor to beat mawleck