Smogon Forums

lost heros
lost heros
Thirdly, I’m pointing out this match up as cherry picked because it’s effectively obscure. These aren’t normal sets and spreads and match ups. Jolly X will beat Vivillion, Vivillion will beat Charge-less Adamant X, and Charge X will beat Jumpluff 90%+ which is fine.
lost heros
lost heros
So no you can’t say “match ups will end up like this” if you purposefully try and show off the weird guy that does
The Official Glyx
You provided justification for unbanning Blaziken, good job. Now do it for Sleep.
The point is to reasonably allow diversity without empowering the lesser viable mons too much, ie, achieving a balanced metagame.
https://pastebin.com/eaUhA1r5 obscure set my ass. This alone proves you've done literally no research or consideration into the matter.
The Official Glyx
I admittedly haven't looked in-depth at literally every possible matchup, but I have done about half of a post where I consider the VR vs Sleep users, and it's not looking good for the VR, so far. Perhaps you should do some of your own consideration, rather than waiving off my evidence just because you don't like it.
lost heros
lost heros
You're providing data that Adamant and Flame Charge are both low usage and get less usage at higher ranks and are then accusing me of not considering them common. what.
lost heros
lost heros
I can't waive off evidence you haven't provided.
The Official Glyx
It's near equally as used in the 1500 range and is the second most used in the 1630 range. It certainly didn't do as well in the 1760 range (even though it still has almost 10% usage), but since only a single digit number of people even qualify for that range, I think it'd be fair to just push that one aside. But fine, if you insist on being so anal about particular sets you do and don't like, let's do another one.
The Official Glyx
lost heros
lost heros
You’re right, but Scarf Genesect can run a mixed set, and use iron head (which I generall recommend) or X-scissor (which I really don’t). And thanks to download Iron Head does a 87% - 102.6% with no atk investment meaning the game is based on the damage roll as well. 62.5% chance to get it too. And in case you were wondering without the spa investment Vivillion can’t Ohko genesect at +2.
lost heros
lost heros
Now obviously this isn’t the ideal match up, but again Specs and Band both ez win against Vivillion and Scarf ez wins against Jumpluff. Another 3-1 where sleep doesn’t matter to cases where it does.

I’m not going to argue your Viv spread because I know usage of Vivillion is a good chunk me and my spread isn’t that so it’s a bit intellectually dishonest.
The Official Glyx
So you get to bring up obscure sets and I don't?
I said attacks twice, not once-
The Official Glyx
Specs need to be timid, which it is often not
lost heros
lost heros
I don’t think mixed Scarf Genesect is that obscure. 1630 stats has iron head usage at 13%. 4% of that obviously belongs to Choice Band sets and I think practically none belongs to Choice Specs, so an estimating 8-9% belongs to Choice Scarf sets. Which is roughly 25% to 33% of Choice Scarf sets. Plus iron head has always been known to be a good viable option for Choice Scarf sets so that Gene can abuse Download.
lost heros
lost heros
Either way, then timid Specs wins, modest Specs loses.
Felucia
Felucia
lost heros "Ok, first adamant Zard X shouldn't be run actually ever, and if it is, shame on those people."

I'm never talking to you again for insulting me like that :'(
lost heros
lost heros
If you want to throw the mirror match more power to you.
Felucia
Felucia
I run very bulky ZardX so even if I tried to run Jolly and throw remaining EVs in speed, I'd still not win the mirror
lost heros
lost heros
Bulky X doesn’t run adamant tho. You’d need defensive nature to survive outrage then use counter or dance outrage
Felucia
Felucia
Wrong again, specially bulky ZardX doesn't need a nature to hit greninja/naganadel benchmark
lost heros
lost heros
Yea which is why you put the rest into defense so you don’t throw the mirror