Smogon Forums

Hulavuta
Hulavuta
the real raven meme is so flexible and good omg
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
tbh this brings up a big philosophical question for me. about the logan paul younglings one. like is it in bad taste to make fun of something that was in bad taste, especially when A: it is likely the same outraged people who made this meme and B: the meme is not meant to actually criticize him or have anything to actually do with him at all, it is simply a reference
GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
imo no, but I dont think a lot of things can have bad taste (lol!)
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
I mean I know you are fine jokin about anything (and tbh I don't find it that bad either) but try to put yourself in another person's shoes
GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
I think the people that are rabid to glomp the "logan paul is a fucking bad person!!" cock train are pretty bad yeah. Because you are right, it is exactly the same kind of Internet Nerds that are too high and mighty for his antics that make memes like this
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
I don't even mean that they have to think he is a bad person either though, just take issue with the one incident (which is understandable; I don't have a problem with people having problems, I have a problem with them writing people off)
Shame That
Shame That
imo it is still criticising, it's likening his video to something as socially unacceptable / canonically evil as murdering, or making light of the murder of, younglings. you're just desensitised to it because it's all the same criticism repeated over and over.

(have to make a new comment? lol)
Shame That
Shame That
i can't speak as to whether it's still offensive because i'm not part of the family or friends affected by this person's suicide or suicide in general, but i can say that if someone were mocked/criticised for such insensitive treatment of an issue or topic that had affected me, i wouldn't be outraged. the only real offense i can see is in not letting the issue fade out of the spotlight
Shame That
Shame That
but as long as logan paul is big it's necessary to allow criticism towards him to run its course. much worse than any possible offense towards the families affected is allowing logan paul to ride out controversy without repercussions, or for his fans to overwhelm discussion with support due to lack of acceptance towards criticism, however repetitive or weakly designed it may be
Shame That
Shame That
I'm not usually one to cuss, but Logan has really hecking made me happy. So what if he posts a fudging video of a dead person and monetises it! If you post a rememberance video online then you should be awarded for your time and dedication to this person's legacy. Logan Paul wasn't making fun of him, he was happy that this man is in a better place now and he had a chance to respect him.
Shame That
Shame That
The fact that the dead person thought that it was ok to just be hanging around there is the disrespectful thing! What if someone is vlogging and walks through the suicide forest and finds you?! Then they can't post the fricking video because you ruined it!!1 Logan shouldn't still be getting hate, he said he was hecking sorry! If you messed up then you would want a second chance, so does Logan!
Shame That
Shame That
STAY STRONG #LOGANG4LIFE Ily Logypoo, ignore the haters xoxo ❤❤❤ p.s we should get a maverick imoji ❤