GatoDelFuego
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Did you know Julius Caesar was possibly Brutus' illegitimate father, but nobody really knows? THE STAR WARS PARALLELS GROW DEEPER
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    no Caesar is Palpatine. As in he takes over the republic and the senate and becomes the emperor? just like Caesar did?

also tbh all of that is extra-canon. I'm just talking about what George Lucas put in ep 3 which is extremely ambiguous.
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    But Cesar is generally considered to be an OK guy, and killing him made the empire worse

but i'm just arguing for the sake of arguing at this point hehe
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    Yeah, it's not a 1 to 1 correlation because obviously Palpatine had to win. I'm just saying that is part of the inspiration. I would also say the rise of the Japanese empire was an inspiration (George Lucas has said Samurai movies like The Hidden Fortress were inspirations as well). The Jedi are the equivalent to samurai which were done away with after the war, it was illegal to have a sword, etc.

Both come about after a period of civil war, and Palpatine used the war as a pretense to gain more power, kind of like Caesar (I would not necessarily with Caesar it was a pretense though)
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    the first one was kinda scary though. kept me up when i was 12 and made me sleep with the light on. and liek i slept in the living room so the whole living room light was on
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    lol. I never saw it though
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    it is pretty good but extremely violent. I mean it is Snyder so that goes without saying

but it's really funny because the tactics and costumes are all historically inaccurate, but all the cheesy one-liners ARE accurate

also it got Snyder the Watchmen gig and everything that came after that, so that's good
    first thing in the morning thoughts:

Alt-right *should* be used to refer to white nationalists, and the "Young Right" should find a new name. (I actually quite like "Young Right", it sounds nice, it indicates that they are a newer movement, and young, nontraditional, conservatives)

Why? Because Richard Spencer owns altright.com. That's actually just it. In that sense, he controls the name more than anyone else.
    Obi-Wan: No Luke, it's too dangerous!

sits there and does nothing
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    when Luke is like "they must have found out who they sold the droids to"
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    Hahahahaha that is a good moment
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    nice im glad you agree now. yeah like what if the stormtroopers were still there lol. Obi-Wan should have just gone with him, not like that would have made any problems in the plot, he goes right back to him anyway. Also it would be cool seeing Obi-Wan with Luke and just letting him grieve and not say anything.
    can an ass pull / deus ex machina be fixed by later material?

For example, the ending of Avatar people thought Aang taking away bending was a way to avoid a difficult choice. But then taking/giving bending becomes a significant and standard part of the universe in LoK and the Wan special. Does that make it acceptable, in the bigger picture
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    yeah thats just a straight up retcon though.

I guess what I mean more is universes that have rules to them. and then something dumb happens but that becomes a new rule

one I can think of is Anakin's virgin birth. it was kinda dumb, but it's later imlied that that had to do with Darth Plagueis' manipulation of midi-chlorians to create life which itself had to do with Force Ghosts which were already established in A New Hope
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    yeah I see stuff like that as "walking back" on something decided prior or "handwaving" to force something to work. I don't think you can get rid of the negative sentiment.

Similarly, I think that lucas always knew it was gonna be midi chlorians, so he was always sticking with his guns. BUT I don't think it pacified anybody that just thought it was a straight up jesus thing (even tho it still is xd)
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    Yeah but this is more a personal question for you. For me, I think if they do it like that, it can work.
    Is there any super villain that is in the public consciousness? I always thought it was amazing. Like if you take any sample of 100 people, all of them would know Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Spider-Man. The only villain I could say the same for is The Joker. Maybe like 65% for Lex Luthor.
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    I thought this was gonna be another low-effort "asian megacity dystopia future" (which I am a fan of but takes basically no creativity to make a game out of), in some kind of rpg/gamemaker background. Man it was nice to be proven wrong, this looks sick. My only hope is that it's not a low-effort cyberpunk gungeon roguelike clone now..........
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    ok it's a "brutal action shooter" aka hell game, much better. looking forward to it
    The Amazing Spider-Man did have a really good theme, I will give it 1 point for the score
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    the second one is interesting. definitely worth a watch just for the deconstruction. but damn is it fucking melancholy and depressing. like omg is it just so drab. Like people say Batman v Superman was too depressing or whatever, no The Amazing Spider-Man 2 was depressing.
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    Killing off gwen Stefani was definitely stupid, felt like it had to "raise the stakes" for like no reason. It's like they knew they wouldn't make any more sequels. How could they shoot themselves in the foot so hard
    my new roommate is interested in drunk watching Ghostbusters 2016

what are some good triggers for a drinking game
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    what about references to other movies

as well as dance numbers

and won-tons?
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    Oh yeah, every time you see a celebrity cameo. The ones you posted now don't happen that much
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    the more the merrier though
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    nice
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    maybe a midi version of it could be I guess. Yeah I like this track, it's ok imo. I like highway the most, followed by chateu fight and the club hell 30 second shootout. The bit where Morpheus pulls the katana on the twins and fights them for like 10 seconds is great too.
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    the track peaks at like 40 seconds tbh lol. The best part is at 25 seconds when it slowly ascends the scale. after that it's never as good
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    You get invested in Jack and he dies

anyway I'm pretty sure this is James Cameron still being salty that Newt and Hicks were killed in the opening credits of Alien 3 lol

which to be fair is an ok thing to be upset about considering he was the creator of those characters
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    Who's Jack btw
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    Jack is Leo DiCaprio from Titanic
    Architect: As I was saying, Chaos stumbled upon a solution whereby nearly 99.9% of all users accepted OU, as long as they were given a choice, even if they were only aware of the choice at a near unconscious level.
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    The Architect - Denial is the most predictable of all human responses. But, rest assured, this will be the sixth time we have destroyed VGC, and we have become exceedingly efficient at it.
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    hahahahahah this is great man
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    hahaha glad you like it omg it just came to me
    Idea: in Iron Man 3, after it is revealed that The Mandarin is just a front set up by Aldritch, it is later revealed at the climax that Aldritch himself was a front, set up by Justin Hammer
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    Isn't he in jail tho
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    Yeah that's why it's a huge twist nobody would see coming
    In 1999, Dan Aykroyd wrote a script for a possible third film, titled Ghostbusters III: Hellbent.[17] In a 2004 interview, Bill Murray stated that he didn't want to appear in a potential third installment and for that reason, the cast considered replacing him with Ben Stiller.[18]
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    is that true? I heard Bill Murray was the main holdout why they never made GB3 and had a bunch of silly demands
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    Yeah, Bill Murray wanted to be a ghost. He was pretty weird about it
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    They should've made him a ghost in the new Ghostbusters, since I hear he dies in it
    Is there anyone in the world who looks like Quentin Tarantino

it will be like impossible to ever have a biopic made of him lol
    there should be a prequel meme of Episode II where Nute Gunray says "She can't do that! Jango, shoot her, or something!"

what would be some good "when"s for that
    England is a U.S. city in southwestern Lonoke County, Arkansas, and the county's fourth most populous city. The population was 2,825 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Little Rock–North Little Rock–Conway Metropolitan Statistical Area. It is a farming community.
    Okay here's my theory

A story that involves a world-scale invasion or taking over the world or something CAN work and can have tension

But only if it is a story in two parts. The invasion/attempt to take over the world cannot be the climax
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    Well yeah, that's what I said in my first sentence

also invasion of the body snatchers is not an action movie
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    I thought you were working on some grand unified theory with a breakthrough realization that actually invasions CAN be ok, so long as it's not the finale of a movie.

And u never specified action movie >:|
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    ok now that I rewatched The Matrix trilogy, I think that's a good example of that. Now it doesn't follow perfectly, in that the machines don't take over the world in the first movie. But that's kind of an idea of what I was getting at. You needed the other movies to really get the scale and impact of what was going on.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…