Smogon Forums

Stellar
Stellar
the user in question specifically requested the quote's removal, so no :(
Omfuga
Omfuga
what about now? I don't see what's wrong with the current version.
Stellar
Stellar
I don't really get why you need it in your sig? You're just being mean spirited at this point. Yeah, it's funny, but the dude asked for it to be removed.
Omfuga
Omfuga
lol racist behavior is okay but making fun of it is simply "mean spirited"

kk
Stellar
Stellar
I didn't say it was okay, but it is something that happened on another site and it should stay on that other site.
Omfuga
Omfuga
I mean you're protecting someone who's upset about the backlash of the things he says under the same username he uses on Smogon. Why reward that behavior like that it makes no sense. Unless there's something wrong with my signature the way it is (there shouldn't be) I guess it doesn't matter anyway
Stellar
Stellar
Like the thread in IS states, you need to leave stuff from other sites on other sites. That is a site policy. If you don't want to remove it from your signature, I can do it and implement a sig lock. I'm not rewarding any behavior, just preventing drama from other sites from spilling on to this one. The mean spirited part is insisting on keeping it in your signature in order to make fun of someone even after a super mod has removed it and an admin has requested that you do so.
Omfuga
Omfuga
??? I have a quote that doesn't break those rules. Words from other websites can't be used? No one is quoted; by that logic any random comment on any thread of any non-smogon website ever would be banned. I'm not going to remove my signature that doesn't break any rules. If you want to, do it yourself, i'm not gonna waste my time pursuing this. I'm also not gonna go out of my way to change a signature that doesn't break any rules
Stellar
Stellar
Someone is quoted, so it is obviously a quote. We know for a fact that someone is a former smogon user. You are bringing that user's stuff from a different site to this one against his will, and therefore you are violating the policy posted in the IS thread. You are doing so in an attempt to troll him which is also against the site's rules. I'm just going to delete it and spare myself the misery of dealing with your whining about a completely justified infraction. You can definitely bring stuff, especially quotes, from other sites as long as that stuff is not meant to antagonize or troll anyone from this site. Use common sense.
Omfuga
Omfuga
I am using common sense. You're rewarding racist behavior. And locking my sig in the process lmfao
Omfuga
Omfuga
Don't get the point of locking my sig when I don't get an infraction or told by the mod who took the quote out not to put it back in.
Omfuga
Omfuga
I got my sig locked for not removing my signature?? Why wouldnt you just remove my signature
Omfuga
Omfuga
you're a fucking mod dont make ultimatums for some shit you can do yourself
Stellar
Stellar
Bro I literally just told you to remove it or I would do it and sig lock you. You responded with "I'm not going to remove my signature that doesn't break any rules. If you want to, do it yourself."
Omfuga
Omfuga
Why would you not just remove it. I don't care if I can't have it as my signature i'm not gonna waste my time doing something you're too lazy to do especially when I didn't want the quote removed in the first place
Stellar
Stellar
Because I gave you the chance to voluntarily remove something that you were told violates site rules and I told you what would happen if you did not. You choose to ignore the chance to walk away without any repercussions. That's not my fault. The quote's contents have nothing to do with this particular discussion. Someone associated with this site asked us to remove information taken from a different site. Because of the site's policy on cross-site information sharing, I was required to do so. If you wan't to take that as rewarding racist behavior, that's your prerogative, but that is in no way the intention.
Omfuga
Omfuga
Because it didn't break any rules. If you want to forcibly remove something, go for it. But I'm not going to remove something I don't believe breaks the rules. And I don't care what your intentions are, that's what you're doing. I don't care about not having a signature, it's not a devastating "punishment", it's fucking retarded that you're rewarding him for saying stupid racist things, and trying to make me remove my own signature which didn't break any rules.
Stellar
Stellar
The very fact that site leaders saw the quote with the original poster's name means that there was no way it would ever not break the rules. Regardless of the fact that you removed the person's name, it was still a quote from someone on this site and we knew that fact. It doesn't matter that you don't believe it broke rules, because I told you it DID. Explain how I am rewarding racist behavior by preventing people from spreading a racist quote?
Omfuga
Omfuga
Lol "not talking about racism basically makes it stop existing"

whatever that's a whole different argument. And you obviously have no idea of what i'm talking about at this point.
Stellar
Stellar
I definitely did not say that, but you really don't seem to understand how quotes work anyway. At least we can agree on that second sentence. I really do have no clue what you are even saying at this point.