Smogon Forums

GnralLao
GnralLao
Roserade + Quiver Dance and Rotom-H + Fiery Dance were already suggested a long time ago by Patolegend and myself respectively. The former would probably be on a slate at some point (and and think Spiky Shield is necessary since you'll be losing out on coverage, not to mention that's two move buffs and we don't want to encourage that) and the latter was rejected then replaced by Noivern + Fiery Dance (which didn't get much success as it was in a crazy strong slate).

Shuckle seems interesting, but could you give me more details on what it would do (Slack Off is obvious, but is MB only for getting past M-Sab or am I missing something?)?
nameless90
No. Mold Breaker allows Shuckle to be an hazard setter which ignores M-Sableye/M-Diance/M-Absol's Magic Bounce even with Toxic/Power Split thus removing some checks to the Mold pokemon and leaving it prone to the others (Bisharp, Rapid Spinners/Defoggers, Taunt and super-effective attacks). I think that a Mold Breaker Sticky Web is something nice to improve the viability of this pokemon. I think about a core with Shuckle+Bisharp (a sort of Deoxis-D+Bisharp when the former was OU).
GnralLao
GnralLao
Oh, I see. Alright then. I'm giving it +1! I'll discuss your Shuckle submission with the council (btw, Power Split isn't bounced back by Magic Bounce, but I get your point).
nameless90
Others theorymon suggestions:
* Meloetta + Scrappy (both forms) to improve its coverage and make its physical set more usable
* Rotom-H + Sacred Fire ("frees" the moveslot of Will o' Wisp)
* Crobat + Tough Claws
GnralLao
GnralLao
+1 Meloetta (does Meloetta-P goes back to Aria forme when it switches out? I honestly don't know).
Rotom-H: its Atk stat is way too low to abuse Sacred Fire (unlike Entei) -1. How about Searing Shot?
Abstain on Crobat (I might go +1 if you give me crisp and relevant calcs).

Keep it up! Ü
nameless90
Searing Shot was exactly the move I wanted to write (my fault, sorry!)

Crobat has a Choice Band set which is middling but a Life Orb+Though Claws enables it to outdamage Choice Band while having some more recoil.
The defensive set will be less passive with the possibility to run Though Claws (it is a sort of Life Orb) plus an utility item at the same time.