move 4: Roost
item: Charizardite X
ability: Blaze
nature: Jolly
evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Flare Blitz is an insanely strong STAB move that nukes even Pokemon that resist it. Dragon Claw hits Dragon-types that resist Flare Blitz such as Latios, Zygarde, and Mega Latias and is a more reliable STAB move overall. Earthquake hits Heatran, Toxapex, and Tyranitar, which are otherwise annoying for this set to deal with. Roost allows Mega Charizard X to utilize its rare defensive typing to the fullest and heal off recoil damage sustained from Flare Blitz. Thunder Punch is an option over Earthquake to hit Toxapex, Alomomola, and Tapu Fini in one moveslot, but it makes Charizard struggle against Heatran and Tyranitar. Also, Thunder Punch requires Electric Terrain support from Tapu Koko, as the move fails to 2HKO Toxapex otherwise.

Set Details
=======

Maximum Speed investment with a Jolly Nature allows Mega Charizard X to Speed tie with other base 100 Pokémon such as Mega Medicham, Zapdos, and Mega Charizard Y and outspeed notable threats such as Tapu Lele, Kyurem-B, and Landorus-T. Maximum Attack investment allows Mega Charizard X to hit hard with its attacking moves, as the purpose of this set is to be a wallbreaker.

Usage Tips
========

Most of the time, use Charizard's defensive typing to switch into Pokemon that it has advantageous matchup against, such as Mega Scizor, Zapdos, and Magnezone. However, Mega Charizard X's bulk isn't good enough to switch into anything overly strong. For example, Mega Charizard X is 2HKOed by Choice Specs Tapu Koko's Thunderbolt despite resisting it. In the same vein, be wary of switching Mega Charizard X into Electric-types besides Zapdos, as Charizard can be forced to burn through Roost PP if it switches into repeated Volt Switches. Additionally, if opportunities to switch in aren't inherently present, try to use slow pivots such as Landorus-T and Assault Vest Magearna to get Mega Charizard X in. After switching in, it is usually best to attack the Pokemon in front of you unless there is significant benefit to predicting a switch, such as taking out a wallbreaker that threatens your team, as even resisted hits take a chunk out of most Pokemon. Make sure to use Roost if Charizard ever gets too low on HP or when it likely won't make any headway on breaking the opposing team and would instead prefer to regain HP.

Team Options
========

First and foremost, due to Mega Charizard X's 4x weakness to Stealth Rock prior to Mega Evolving and susceptibility to Spikes and Toxic Spikes after Mega Evolving, entry hazard removal support is a must regardless of team archetype. Mega Charizard X fits best on offensive teams due to its potency as a wallbreaker, so Defoggers such as Mew, Latios, and Zapdos make excellent teammates. Similarly, Excadrill may be used as a Rapid Spin user on hyper offensive teams that a Defogger doesn't fit onto. Mega Charizard X forces many switches, so Stealth Rock support from teammates such as Landorus-T, Garchomp, and Clefable is useful along with Spikes support from Ferrothorn and Greninja. This is especially imperative versus Toxapex, as Earthquake cannot 2HKO physically defensive Toxapex without hazards. Slow pivots such as defensive Landorus-T and Assault Vest Magearna are great teammates, as they give Mega Charizard X more opportunities to switch in and wallbreak. Additionally, these two in particular provide a defensive backbone for the user to fall back on. Jirachi and Latias are exemplary teammates as they provide support in Stealth Rock and Defog, respectively, and both can pass a Healing Wish to a heavily weakened Mega Charizard X. Tapu Koko is an excellent teammate for Mega Charizard X because it breaks down bulky Water-types for Mega Charizard X and lures in and OHKOes fodefensive Landorus-T, and it is mandatory if you choose to run Thunder Punch. Offensive Grass-types, such as Tapu Bulu and Serperior, can break down defensive Water- and Ground-types that otherwise annoy Mega Charizard X. Finally, both Greninja formes have fantastic offensive synergy with Mega Charizard X, as they can break down Ground-types, pressure bulky Water-types, and set Spikes to wear away at checks such as Hippowdon and Alomomola.

Last edited:

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
[SET]
name: 3 Attacks + Roost
move 1: Flare Blitz
move 2: Dragon Claw
move 3: Earthquake
nature: Jolly Nature
You don't need to list nature twice.

Dragon Claw hits Dragon-types that resist blitz and is a more reliable secondary STAB move overall.
Make sure you mention specifics, like Latios, Mega Latias, Zygarde, etc.
Thunder Punch can be used to hit Toxapex and Tapu Fini in one moveslot, but it leaves room to struggle against Heatran and Tyranitar.
Mention how Koko support is mandatory if choosing to use this move, otherwise it fails to 2HKO Toxapex, and it's not really doing THAT much to Fini either. Could also mention how T-Punch + Koko can help it 2HKO Alolomola.
Most of the time, use your defensive typing to switch into Pokemon that you have an advantageous matchup against, such as Mega Scizor, Zapdos, or Magnezone.
Just make sure to stress how Zard-X's bulk, while decent, is definitely not THAT amazing uninvested, and repeated Volt Switches and shit can leave it very prone to being worn down, forcing it to Roost more often. Make sure you mention how Zard-X should only be switching into weak attacks, nothing crazy like Specs Koko.

Mega Charizard X forces many switches, so Stealth Rock support from teammates such as Landorus-T, Garchomp, and Clefable is much appreciated along with Spikes support from Ferrothorn and Greninja
Mention how entry hazards are imperative in helping Zard-X break through Pex, because EQ is a roll vs more physically invested variants, especially factoring in Black Sludge.

Teammate section is pretty good for the most part, but I'd add a few more in there, focusing a bit more on Pokemon that provide Zard-X with a defensive backbone vs unfavorable match ups, as well as a few more Pokemon that pair well offensively with Zard-X, because as of now, you only really mention Koko. Specifically Pokemon that appreciate Zards ability to break down shit.

Other than that man, really solid job for your first analysis. QC 1/3

King Sceptile

Banned deucer.
You don't need to list nature twice.

Make sure you mention specifics, like Latios, Mega Latias, Zygarde, etc.

Mention how Koko support is mandatory if choosing to use this move, otherwise it fails to 2HKO Toxapex, and it's not really doing THAT much to Fini either. Could also mention how T-Punch + Koko can help it 2HKO Alolomola.

Just make sure to stress how Zard-X's bulk, while decent, is definitely not THAT amazing uninvested, and repeated Volt Switches and shit can leave it very prone to being worn down, forcing it to Roost more often. Make sure you mention how Zard-X should only be switching into weak attacks, nothing crazy like Specs Koko.

Mention how entry hazards are imperative in helping Zard-X break through Pex, because EQ is a roll vs more physically invested variants, especially factoring in Black Sludge.

Teammate section is pretty good for the most part, but I'd add a few more in there, focusing a bit more on Pokemon that provide Zard-X with a defensive backbone vs unfavorable match ups, as well as a few more Pokemon that pair well offensively with Zard-X, because as of now, you only really mention Koko. Specifically Pokemon that appreciate Zards ability to break down shit.

Other than that man, really solid job for your first analysis. QC 1/3
Wow, I didn't realize I missed that much. Thanks. for all the help, I'll make sure to implement the check later!

Edit: I think I've implemented the check now. Could you tell me if it looks good Gary?

Last edited:

GMars

It's ya boy GEEEEEEEEMARS
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
However, Thunder Punch requires Electric Terrain support from Tapu Koko as it fails to OHKO Toxapex otherwise.
Thunder Punch requires Electric Terrain support from Tapu Koko to 2HKO toxapex, not OHKO it
Additionally, if opportunities to switch in aren't inherently present, try to use slow pivots such as Landorus-T and Magearna to get Mega Charizard X in.
Specify Assault Vest Magearna here like you do later in team options
This is especially imperative vs Toxapex, as Earthquake is only a roll to 2HKO physically defensive Toxapex without hazards.
252 Atk Charizard-Mega-X Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Toxapex: 122-144 (40.1 - 47.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Change your line to "Earthquake cannot 2HKO physically defensive Toxapex without hazards"
Tapu Koko is an excellent teammates for Mega Charizard X because it breaks down bulky Water-types for Mega Charizard X while luring in and OHKOing even defensive Landorus-T.
also mention that Tapu Koko is mandatory if running Thunder Punch to allow Zard to 2hko toxapex with electric terrain-boosted tpunch

good work, QC 2/3

The next step is to write up the analysis, drop a post when that's done and we'll get you qc 3

King Sceptile

Banned deucer.
Thunder Punch requires Electric Terrain support from Tapu Koko to 2HKO toxapex, not OHKO it

Specify Assault Vest Magearna here like you do later in team options

252 Atk Charizard-Mega-X Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Toxapex: 122-144 (40.1 - 47.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Change your line to "Earthquake cannot 2HKO physically defensive Toxapex without hazards"

also mention that Tapu Koko is mandatory if running Thunder Punch to allow Zard to 2hko toxapex with electric terrain-boosted tpunch

good work, QC 2/3

The next step is to write up the analysis, drop a post when that's done and we'll get you qc 3
Thanks for getting this checked so promptly, I'll try to get this written up tomorrow or the day after!

King Sceptile

Banned deucer.
The check from Gmars has been implemented and the analysis has been finished, feel free to check this at your leisure guys n_n

GMars

It's ya boy GEEEEEEEEMARS
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
You have 24 hours to remove every "crux" in this analysis or it will be reassigned.
You're not even on QC anymore you old dog
Wait is using the word "crux" against the grammar and language rules of these analyses? I promise I'll change it when I get back from work immediately. Sorry for the mistake :[
"Crux," specifically "crux of the set," is a banned phrase, since it's been misused by many previous writers.

From the GP standards:
  • Avoid using "crux" in your analysis unless you know what you are doing. 95% of the time, you will simply be adding useless filler like "X is the crux of this set," which does not provide the reader with any information of value.
I was gonna take care of that when I did your GP check but it's probably better to axe them now and save me the trouble lol

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
Adamant should receive OO mention if only for the guaranteed 2HKO after rocks on Toxapex. Pretty sure Jolly EQ is a roll after rocks. Adamant also gives Zard more power against fat threats like Mew and Landorus looking to sponge its attacks. Adamant can also afford to adjust it's speed tier (290 for modest lele, kyu, mamo; 280s for Heatran, etc.) in order to afford bulk investment.

Otherwise, straightforward and good analysis

King Sceptile

Banned deucer.
Adamant should receive OO mention if only for the guaranteed 2HKO after rocks on Toxapex. Pretty sure Jolly EQ is a roll after rocks. Adamant also gives Zard more power against fat threats like Mew and Landorus looking to sponge its attacks. Adamant can also afford to adjust it's speed tier (290 for modest lele, kyu, mamo; 280s for Heatran, etc.) in order to afford bulk investment.

Otherwise, straightforward and good analysis
Adamant is just plain bad because of how common Choice Specs Tapu Lele is right now imo, but it can get a mention here if QC members want it.
"Crux," specifically "crux of the set," is a banned phrase, since it's been misused by many previous writers.

From the GP standards:

I was gonna take care of that when I did your GP check but it's probably better to axe them now and save me the trouble lol
I took my mention of the word out :]

Ready for the third check in light of the editing out of crux :]

Charizardite X is the only viable item on this moveset, as otherwise Charizard cannot mega evolve into Mega Charizard X.
I think you can remove this line, it feels unnecessary.

Everything else looks good and has been covered by others above me. 3/3

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
i can gp this
1/2
Additions
Removals
Comments
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Flare Blitz is an insanely strong STAB move that nukes even Pokemon that resist it. it due to the boost it receives from Tough Claws. (Comment: Consider removing this last part because it sounds like Tough Claws is the major factor that makes Blitz strong, when really Blitz is a strong move already ) Dragon Claw hits Dragon-types that resist Flare Blitz such as Latios, Zygarde, and Mega Latias and is a more reliable secondary (Comment: "Secondary" here suggests "Fire" is also a secondary STAB. ) STAB move overall. (Comment: Consider adding "Both these moves are boosted by Tough Claws as well." ) Earthquake hits Heatran, Toxapex, and Tyranitar, who are otherwise annoying for this set to deal with. Roost allows Mega Charizard X to utilize its rare defensive typing to the fullest and heal off recoil damage sustained from Flare Blitz. Finally, Thunder Punch is an option over Earthquake (Comment: EQ, not Roost right? ) can be used to hit Toxapex, Alomomola, and Tapu Fini in one moveslot, but it leaves room to makes Charizard struggle against Heatran and Tyranitar. However, Thunder Punch requires Electric Terrain support from Tapu Koko as it the move fails to 2HKO Toxapex otherwise.

Set Details
=======

Maximum Speed with a Jolly Nature allows Mega Charizard X to Speed tie with other base 100 Pokémon such as Mega Medicham, Zapdos, and Mega Charizard Y and outspeed notable threats such as Tapu Lele, Kyurem-B, and Landorus-T. Maximum Attack investment allows Mega Charizard X to hit hard with its attacking moves, as the purpose of this set is to be a wallbreaker.

Usage Tips
========

Most of the time, use your Charizard's defensive typing to switch into Pokemon that you it has have an advantageous matchup against, such as Mega Scizor, Zapdos, or Magnezone. However, Mega Charizard X's bulk isn't good enough to switch into anything overly strong. For example, Mega Charizard X is 2HKOed by Choice Specs Tapu Koko's Thunderbolt despite resisting it. Choice Specs Tapu Koko 2HKOs Mega Charizard X with Thunderbolt in spite of it being resisted. In the same vein, be wary of switching Mega Charizard X into Electric-types besides Zapdos as it Charizard can be forced to burn through Roost PP if it switches into repeated Volt Switches. Additionally, if opportunities to switch in aren't inherently present, try to use slow pivots such as Landorus-T and Assault Vest Magearna to get Mega Charizard X in. After switching in, it is usually best to attack the Pokemon in front of your you unless there is significant benefit to predicting a switch, such as taking out a wallbreaker that threatens your team, as even resisted hits take a chunk out of most Pokemon. Make sure to use Roost if you ever get too low on HP or in positions where it's more beneficial to heal up than attack something (Comment: This advice is too generic, you should provide an example. You're saying "Heal when healing is better than attacking", which basically applies to everything. ) so that Mega Charizard X can stay healthy throughout the match.

Team Options
========

First and foremost, due to Mega Charizard X's 4x weakness to Stealth Rock prior to mega evolving and susceptibility to Spikes and Toxic Spikes after mega evolving, hazard removal support is a must regardless of team archetype. Mega Charizard X fits best on offensive teams due to its potency as a wallbreaker. wallbreaker, so Defoggers such as Mew, Latios, and Zapdos make excellent teammates here. Similarly, Excadrill may be used as a Rapid Spin user on hyper offensive teams that a defogger doesn't fit onto. Mega Charizard X forces many switches, so Stealth Rock support from teammates such as Landorus-T, Garchomp, and Clefable is useful along with Spikes support from Ferrothorn and Greninja. This is especially imperative vs versus Toxapex, as Earthquake cannot 2HKO physically defensive Toxapex without hazards. Slow pivots, such as Defensive Landorus-T and Assault Vest Magearna are great teammates as they give Mega Charizard X more opportunities to switch in and wallbreak. Additionally, these two in particular provide a defensive backbone for the user to fall back on. Jirachi and Latias are exemplary teammates as they both provide support in Stealth Rock and Defog Defog, respectively, and passing a both can pass Healing Wish to a heavily weakened Mega Charizard X. Tapu Koko is an excellent teammates teammate for Mega Charizard X because it Tapu Koko breaks down bulky Water-types for Mega Charizard X while luring and lures in and OHKOing OHKOes even defensive Landorus-T and Landorus-T, which is mandatory if you choose to run Thunder Punch. Offensive Grass-types, such as Tapu Bulu and Serperior, can break down annoying defensive Water- and Ground-types that otherwise annoy Mega Charizard X. Finally, both Greninja forms have fantastic offensive synergy with Mega Charizard X as they can both break down Ground-types while pressuring and pressure bulky Water-types Water-types, and simultaneously setting set Spikes to wear away at checks such as Hippowdon and Alomomola.

Last edited:

King Sceptile

Banned deucer.
lures in and OHKOes even defensive Landorus-T and Landorus-T, which is mandatory if you choose to run Thunder Punch.
This change doesn't make sense because what I said was that Tapu Koko is mandatory if you choose to run Thunder Punch Zardx but your change implies that OHKOing defensive Lando-T is mandatory if running Thunder Punch, when the change in move choice doesn't really affect it.

I implemented everything else though, thanks for the check n_n

Fireflame

Silksong when
is a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Remove Add Comments (AC)= add comma (RC)= remove comma (AH)= add hyphen (RH)= remove hyphen
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Flare Blitz is an insanely strong STAB move that nukes even Pokemon that resist it. Dragon Claw hits Dragon-types that resist Flare Blitz such as Latios, Zygarde, and Mega Latias and is a more reliable STAB move overall. Earthquake hits Heatran, Toxapex, and Tyranitar, who which are otherwise annoying for this set to deal with. Roost allows Mega Charizard X to utilize its rare defensive typing to the fullest and heal off recoil damage sustained from Flare Blitz. Thunder Punch is an option over Earthquake to hit Toxapex, Alomomola, and Tapu Fini in one moveslot, but it makes Charizard struggle against Heatran and Tyranitar. However Also (this doesn't contradict "...makes Charizard struggle against Heatran and Tyranitar"), Thunder Punch requires Electric Terrain support from Tapu Koko,(AC) (when "as" or "since" is being used to mean "because", a comma must precede it) as the move fails to 2HKO Toxapex otherwise.

Set Details
=======

Maximum Speed investment with a Jolly Nature allows Mega Charizard X to Speed tie with other base 100 Pokemon such as Mega Medicham, Zapdos, and Mega Charizard Y and outspeed notable threats such as Tapu Lele, Kyurem-B, and Landorus-T. Maximum Attack investment allows Mega Charizard X to hit hard with its attacking moves, as the purpose of this set is to be a wallbreaker.

Usage Tips
========

Most of the time, use Charizard's defensive typing to switch into Pokemon that it has an advantageous matchup against, such as Mega Scizor, Zapdos, or and Magnezone. However, Mega Charizard X's bulk isn't good enough to switch into anything overly strong. For example, Mega Charizard X is 2HKOed by Choice Specs Tapu Koko's Thunderbolt despite resisting it. In the same vein, be wary of switching Mega Charizard X into Electric-types besides Zapdos,(AC) as Charizard can be forced to burn through Roost PP if it switches into repeated Volt Switches. Additionally, if opportunities to switch in aren't inherently present, try to use slow pivots such as Landorus-T and Assault Vest Magearna to get Mega Charizard X in. After switching in, it is usually best to attack the Pokemon in front of you unless there is significant benefit to predicting a switch, such as taking out a wallbreaker that threatens your team, as even resisted hits take a chunk out of most Pokemon. Make sure to use Roost if you Charizard ever gets too low on HP or when you it likely won't make any headway on breaking the opposing team and would instead prefer to regain HP.

Team Options
========

First and foremost, due to Mega Charizard X's 4x weakness to Stealth Rock prior to Mega Evolving and susceptibility to Spikes and Toxic Spikes after Mega Evolving, entry hazard removal support is a must regardless of team archetype. Mega Charizard X fits best on offensive teams due to its potency as a wallbreaker, so Defoggers such as Mew, Latios, and Zapdos make excellent teammates here. Similarly, Excadrill may be used as a Rapid Spin user on hyper offensive teams that a Defogger doesn't fit onto. Mega Charizard X forces many switches, so Stealth Rock support from teammates such as Landorus-T, Garchomp, and Clefable is useful along with Spikes support from Ferrothorn and Greninja. This is especially imperative versus Toxapex, as Earthquake cannot 2HKO physically defensive Toxapex without hazards. Slow pivots,(RC) such as defensive Landorus-T and Assault Vest Magearna are great teammates,(AC) as they give Mega Charizard X more opportunities to switch in and wallbreak. Additionally, these two in particular provide a defensive backbone for the user to fall back on. Jirachi and Latias are exemplary teammates,(AC) as they provide support in Stealth Rock and Defog, respectively, and both can pass a Healing Wish to a heavily weakened Mega Charizard X. Tapu Koko is an excellent teammate for Mega Charizard X because Tapu Koko it breaks down bulky Water-types for Mega Charizard X and lures in and OHKOes even defensive Landorus-T, and it is mandatory if you choose to run Thunder Punch. Offensive Grass-types, such as Tapu Bulu and Serperior, can break down defensive Water- and Ground-types that otherwise annoy Mega Charizard X. Finally, both Greninja forms formes have fantastic offensive synergy with Mega Charizard X,(AC) as they can both break down Ground-types,(AC) and pressure bulky Water-types, and set Spikes to wear away at checks such as Hippowdon and Alomomola.
GP 2/2

King Sceptile

Banned deucer.
Remove Add Comments (AC)= add comma (RC)= remove comma (AH)= add hyphen (RH)= remove hyphen
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Flare Blitz is an insanely strong STAB move that nukes even Pokemon that resist it. Dragon Claw hits Dragon-types that resist Flare Blitz such as Latios, Zygarde, and Mega Latias and is a more reliable STAB move overall. Earthquake hits Heatran, Toxapex, and Tyranitar, who which are otherwise annoying for this set to deal with. Roost allows Mega Charizard X to utilize its rare defensive typing to the fullest and heal off recoil damage sustained from Flare Blitz. Thunder Punch is an option over Earthquake to hit Toxapex, Alomomola, and Tapu Fini in one moveslot, but it makes Charizard struggle against Heatran and Tyranitar. However Also (this doesn't contradict "...makes Charizard struggle against Heatran and Tyranitar"), Thunder Punch requires Electric Terrain support from Tapu Koko,(AC) (when "as" or "since" is being used to mean "because", a comma must precede it) as the move fails to 2HKO Toxapex otherwise.

Set Details
=======

Maximum Speed investment with a Jolly Nature allows Mega Charizard X to Speed tie with other base 100 Pokemon such as Mega Medicham, Zapdos, and Mega Charizard Y and outspeed notable threats such as Tapu Lele, Kyurem-B, and Landorus-T. Maximum Attack investment allows Mega Charizard X to hit hard with its attacking moves, as the purpose of this set is to be a wallbreaker.

Usage Tips
========

Most of the time, use Charizard's defensive typing to switch into Pokemon that it has an advantageous matchup against, such as Mega Scizor, Zapdos, or and Magnezone. However, Mega Charizard X's bulk isn't good enough to switch into anything overly strong. For example, Mega Charizard X is 2HKOed by Choice Specs Tapu Koko's Thunderbolt despite resisting it. In the same vein, be wary of switching Mega Charizard X into Electric-types besides Zapdos,(AC) as Charizard can be forced to burn through Roost PP if it switches into repeated Volt Switches. Additionally, if opportunities to switch in aren't inherently present, try to use slow pivots such as Landorus-T and Assault Vest Magearna to get Mega Charizard X in. After switching in, it is usually best to attack the Pokemon in front of you unless there is significant benefit to predicting a switch, such as taking out a wallbreaker that threatens your team, as even resisted hits take a chunk out of most Pokemon. Make sure to use Roost if you Charizard ever gets too low on HP or when you it likely won't make any headway on breaking the opposing team and would instead prefer to regain HP.

Team Options
========

First and foremost, due to Mega Charizard X's 4x weakness to Stealth Rock prior to Mega Evolving and susceptibility to Spikes and Toxic Spikes after Mega Evolving, entry hazard removal support is a must regardless of team archetype. Mega Charizard X fits best on offensive teams due to its potency as a wallbreaker, so Defoggers such as Mew, Latios, and Zapdos make excellent teammates here. Similarly, Excadrill may be used as a Rapid Spin user on hyper offensive teams that a Defogger doesn't fit onto. Mega Charizard X forces many switches, so Stealth Rock support from teammates such as Landorus-T, Garchomp, and Clefable is useful along with Spikes support from Ferrothorn and Greninja. This is especially imperative versus Toxapex, as Earthquake cannot 2HKO physically defensive Toxapex without hazards. Slow pivots,(RC) such as defensive Landorus-T and Assault Vest Magearna are great teammates,(AC) as they give Mega Charizard X more opportunities to switch in and wallbreak. Additionally, these two in particular provide a defensive backbone for the user to fall back on. Jirachi and Latias are exemplary teammates,(AC) as they provide support in Stealth Rock and Defog, respectively, and both can pass a Healing Wish to a heavily weakened Mega Charizard X. Tapu Koko is an excellent teammate for Mega Charizard X because Tapu Koko it breaks down bulky Water-types for Mega Charizard X and lures in and OHKOes even defensive Landorus-T, and it is mandatory if you choose to run Thunder Punch. Offensive Grass-types, such as Tapu Bulu and Serperior, can break down defensive Water- and Ground-types that otherwise annoy Mega Charizard X. Finally, both Greninja forms formes have fantastic offensive synergy with Mega Charizard X,(AC) as they can both break down Ground-types,(AC) and pressure bulky Water-types, and set Spikes to wear away at checks such as Hippowdon and Alomomola.
GP 2/2
Implemented, thanks for the check! Now this is ready for upload :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)