Megas For All: V4! (Voting - Lickilicky, Togekiss, Dusknoir)

Would you guys be interested if I had MFA include Gen 8 mons when it comes out?

• Total voters

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Thanks to Ezaphs and Ludicrousity, the meta is now playable! This of course means that we may need to do some rebalancing so that the meta will be balanced and enjoyable. My ultimate hope is that every mega will have some kind of real niche whether it's in AG or NU. So, in addition to the slates that we do, I'd like to allow for the amendment of old megas. On how the cycle would work, people can post in the forums about megas that they think are unbalanced, too weak, don't make sense, etc. Then, when we shift stages from voting to submissions or vice versa, I'd post polls asking about what people think should be done. Example:

People think that Mega Carracosta needs a fixer-upper because it's not usable in UU, but is non-viable in OU. I would post a poll with the following options:
A). Scrap the old mega and add Carracosta to the next slate
B). Drop Mega Carracosta to UU
C). Give it a second mega evolution (think Charizard or Mewtwo)
D). Both B and C
E). Change finer details of the original concept to make it viable on OU (people would post ideas for what could be amended and then I make an executive decision in a week)
F). Leave Mega Carracosta as is

Note that I hold veto powers and that this can apply to megas created by GameFreak too (think Mega Garchomp). The first pokemon we'll be taking a look at is Mega Torterra. It has 95/154/105/55/95/121 for stats, as well as an ability that gives it an immunity to ice (and heals it). This paired with Shell Smash makes it a formidable threat counterable only with Skarmory and some grass types like Tangrowth and Tapu Bulu. Here's some sample sets for you to test out if you want to get a feel for if it's broken or not:
Shell Smash
Torterra @ [Mega Stone]
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Earthquake
- Wood Hammer / Seed Bomb
- Stone Edge

Offensive Utility
Torterra @ [Mega Stone]
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Wood Hammer
- Toxic / Stealth Rock
- Synthesis

The poll will come in around a week for Mega Torterra. In the meantime, feel free to discuss Mega Torterra and also other megas in need of a rebalance.

Here's voting:
MaceMaster
WTCO
LapisHoundoom
Ezaphs
Sereg
Pika Xreme
Reviloja753
Kopelemon
KirbyRider1337
Heavyweapons Mann
BlazikenMasters2
Ninetales Dragons
Exploudit
Six Trails
Ludicrousity
Phoenix_Alchemist

Reactions: Eve
Vaporeon: WTCO, KirbyRider1337, LapisHoundoom
Jolteon: WTCO, KirbyRider1337, Kopelemon
Flareon: WTCO, KirbyRider1337, Pika Xreme
Sylveon: Phoenix_Alchemist, KirbyRIder1337, BlazikenMasters2

For Torterra, I say we do a revote on its submissions.

Last edited:
Well if we're not aiming for megas being at most OU then I don't think Torterra really needs any changes. If we're trying to mostly keep them in OU then there can definitely be a conversation. Ezaphs and I (well mostly Ezaphs) tried it out for a bit and I think we both came to the conclusion that it would be a pretty strong Pokemon in OU but not necessarily a broken one.

If it gets a Shell Smash up, it's really hard to stop due to its power and speed. At +2 the only Pokemon that can really stop it is physically defensive Skarmory and even that can be a rather shaky check since it gets 2HKO'd by Stone Edge after Stealth Rock damage.
On the other hand, Torterra doesn't always the easiest time setting up in the first place. Even with the ice immunity it gets upon mega evolution, Grass/Ground is not a particularly good defensive typing and while Torterra's bulk is solid, it still takes heavy damage from a lot of the tier's best Pokemon (Lando-T one shots it with Supersonic Skystrike, it gets 2HKO'd by Choice Band Zygarde's Outrage, etc.) so it can struggle getting a Shell Smash in against certain teams.
If we decided to nerf it I think replacing the ice immunity with another less useful but decent ability like Sap Sipper or something similar would probably be the best idea since I believe removing Shell Smash would neuter it too much.

Anyways, my votes for this slate:

Vaporeon:

1. Exploudit
2. Ninetales Dragons
3. WTCO
Jolteon:

1. Phoenix_Alchemist
2. Exploudit
3. WTCO
Flareon:

Six Trails
2. WTCO
3. Exploudit
Sylveon:

Phoenix_Alchemist
2. Six Trails
3. Ezaphs

Vaporeon: WTCO, KirbyRider1337, LapisHoundoom
Jolteon: WTCO, KirbyRider1337, Kopelemon
Flareon: WTCO, KirbyRider1337, Pika Xreme
Sylveon: WTCO, KirbyRIder1337, Phoenix_Alchemist
While I appreciate the vote, I didn't submit a Sylveon mega lol

Reactions: Eve

Six Trails

formerly Analytic_
Vaporeon: Exploudit, Ezaphs, Sereg
Jolteon: Exploudit, MaceMaster, BlazikenMasters
Flareon: Exploudit, MaceMaster, KirbyRider
Sylveon: Exploudit, Ezaphs, Phoenix_Alchemist

I really liked Exploudit's idea of making each mega evolution part Normal-type. Very cool in my opinion. Just wish I thought of it first. :-) All have very fitting abilities as well.

Last edited:
Vaporeon Ninetails Dragons, MaceMaster, WTCO

Jolteon MaceMaster, WTCO, Phoenix_Alchemist

Flareon WTCO, Ninetails Dragons, Six Trails

Sylveon Ezaphs, Kopelemon, Phoenix_Alchemist

On Torterra, I haven't seen it in action yet, but I must admit that a bulky attacker with complete immunity to BoltBeam (when only our new additions have ice immunity, and that ice even heals it), resistance to EdgeQuake, reliable recovery, Shell Smash, really high speed, insane attack and STAB Earthquake, it does sound very scary to me. I think that, at the very least, giving it a less insane ability would probably be in order.

Eve

Bzzt!
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Community Leader
Ok so here are my votes, keeping it nice and simple
Vaporeon: Exploudit, Ezaphs, MaceMaster
Jolteon: Exploudit, Ezaphs, MaceMaster
Flareon: Exploudit, Ezaphs, MaceMaster
Sylveon: Reviloja753, Ezaphs, Exploudit
Gotta give Sylveon girl the top vote for Sylveon here, seeing as I can't put myself :^)

Anyhows, on the subject of Torterra. Here are its pros and cons.
  • Pros: Strongest and fastest Shell Smasher in the game. Only three weaknesses thanks to its ability. Has super strong STAB attacks. Has a recovery option. Has Stone Edge as coverage for Flying and Bug types. Very few hard counters. Faster than ANY scarfer (except 252+ Speed Scarf Deoxys-Speed) after a Shell Smash if Jolly, meaning revenge killing in the conventional manner is entirely off the table.
  • Cons: Due to its already high base speed, it generally gets hit on the turn it Shell Smashes after dropping its defences, leaving it with much less HP than you'd like. This can often prevent it from going for OHKOs with Wood Hammer as it would often result in its own death. Seed Bomb is a possible replacement, but misses OHKOs that Torterra so desperately needs. Basically, the opponent can beat a Wood Hammer Torterra by sending out their Grass weak Pokémon. Torterra also fails to KO Pokémon that have somewhat decent natural bulk, such as Buzzwole. +2 252 Atk Torterra-Mega Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Buzzwole: 186-219 (52.3 - 61.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKOAs you can see, the damage is not quite as absurd as you might expect from a Pokémon that essentially has 814 atk. Although, imagine if Torterra could hit Buzzwole super-effectively. It would most definitely collapse.(Oh by the way, Bulu is absolutely not a counter as Wood Hammer in Grassy Terrain is a scary boi)
Overall Judgement: A) Scrap the old mega. Here's why:
  • Mega Torterra can easily abuse support such as screens or Aurora Veil to clean sweep more offensive teams without much thought, and with its stats and power would probably be the most used Mega anyway. This would probably result in drastic changes to, or the death of Hyper Offense. It also forces teams to run at least one of the few things that can live a hit from it, stifling diversity from the get go. A single Pokémon invalidating a previously viable playstyle is too much for a developing meta, so it is my opinion that Mega Torterra should be reworked.
  • Another reason I think Mega Torterra should be reworked is because, to me at least, it having 121 speed and only 105 defense doesn't make much sense if you consider the original Torterra. If I recall this Torterra only got picked because there were very few votes on its original slate, so a second attempt at it could give a more accurate representation of what sort of Mega Torterra the community wants.
That's all!

Vaporeon: Ninetales Dragons, Kope, MaceMaster
Jolteon: Ninetales Dragons, Kope, MaceMaster
Flareon: Macemaster, Kope, Ninetales Dragons
Sylveon: Ninetales Dragons, Kope, Exploudit

I also vote to amend Torterra
- A high speed, 154 atk, and solid physdef with shell smash is a bit much, no
- It now is immune to one of 4 types it would be weak to, which I believe brings it a bit over the top with shell smash and great stats
- If only one person voted, torterra is not a representation of the MFA community at large.

Last edited:
Vaporeon: MaceMaster, Exploudit, Pheonix_Alchemist
Jolteon: MaceMaster, Exploudit, Nintales Dragons
Flareon: Pika Xreme, Exploudit, WTCO
Sylveon: Ludicrousity, Exploudit, Kopelemon

Jolteon-Mega
Ability: Normalworker [name WIP // taking suggestions] (Steelworker clone: Normal moves are powered up by 50%.)
Typing:

Stats: 65 / 75 (+10) / 75 (+15) / 150 (+40) / 100 (+5) / 160 (+30) [BST: 625 (+100)]
Movepool Additions: Extreme Speed, Swords Dance
Description (Competitive): Mega Jolteon can either run a physically biased set with Swords Dance and Extreme Speed, or a all-out-attacker specially biased set with Hyper Voice and Thunderbolt. This gives Mega Jolteon some added versatility as opposed to regular Jolteon, and lets it surprise some of its checks and counters. Even without investment in Atk, Extreme Speed is still a good revenge killing tool for special sets.
Call it basic. Or plain.

Vaporeon: Exploudit, Blazikenmasters2, LapisHoundoom
Jolteon: Serge, BlazikenMasters2, WTCO
Flareon: Pheonix Alchemist , Exploudit, BlazikenMasters2
Slyveon: Ludicrousity, BlazikenMasters2, KirbyRider1337
As for mega Torrtera I say that a rework would be nice. Maybe rework the ability or remove Shell Smash from it's movepool.

TJ

Banned deucer.
is the Smogon Tour Season 34 Championis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Vaporeon: MaceMaster, Exploudit, Pheonix_Alchemist
Jolteon: MaceMaster, Exploudit, Nintales Dragons
Flareon: Pika Xreme, Exploudit, WTCO
Sylveon: Ludicrousity, Exploudit, Kopelemon

Vaporeon: Sereg, Phoenix_Alchemist, Exploudit

Jolteon: Exploudit, Phoenix_Alchemist, Sereg

Flareon: Exploudit, Ezaphs, Phoenix_Alchemist

Sylveon: Ludicrosity, Phoenix_Alchemist, Ezaphs

As for Mega-Torterra, I think it should be amended. Its speed should be taken down to something much more manageable (personally I think it should be around the 80/90s), and its ability should be changed, possibly back to Overgrow or to Grass Pelt.

Last edited:

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
Vaporeon: Sereg, Ninetales Dragons, MaceMaster
Jolteon: Kopelemon, MaceMaster, WTCO
Flareon: Kopelemon, Exploudit, MaceMaster
Sylveon: Six Trails, Exploudit, BlazikenMasters2

Edit: Another pokemon that will have a rework poll is Mega Araquanid. It has a unique defensive typing of Water/Bug, reliable recovery, great utility with moves like Scald and Sticky Web with 68/102/222 bulk. What makes it potentially broken, though, Bubble Guard, which doubles its defense making it breakable almost exclusively by super effective or massively boosted moves. It is, however, extremely passive, making most pokemon that have boosting options a great way to deal with it. It's weakness to Stealth Rock is also quite debilitating as many powerful wallbreakers can 2HKO after rocks damage.
Web Setter
Araquanid @ Araquanite
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD
Calm / Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sticky Web
- Recover
- Toxic
- Scald / Liquidation

Offense Breaker
Araquanid @ Araquanite
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Atk / 60 Def / 24 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stockpile
- Recover
- Liquidation
- Lunge

Last edited:

Eve

Bzzt!
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Community Leader
Edit: Another pokemon that will have a rework poll is Mega Araquanid. It has a unique defensive typing of Water/Bug, reliable recovery, great utility with moves like Scald and Sticky Web with 68/102/222 bulk. What makes it potentially broken, though, Bubble Guard, which doubles its defense making it breakable almost exclusively by super effective or massively boosted moves. It is, however, extremely passive, making most pokemon that have boosting options a great way to deal with it. It's weakness to Stealth Rock is also quite debilitating as many powerful wallbreakers can 2HKO after rocks damage.
Web Setter
Araquanid @ Araquanite
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD
Calm / Bold Nature
- Sticky Web
- Recover
- Toxic
- Scald / Liquidation

Offense Breaker
Araquanid @ Araquanite
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Atk / 60 Def / 24 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stockpile
- Recover
- Liquidation
- Lunge
While I might joke about it being balanced, it is very debateable. With Recover and Sticky Webs, even its regular form is now viable in the sense that it is by far the best web setter other than its mega form. The mega form has defense stats of 480 without investment thanks to its ability, meaning it can really only be beaten through luck or STAB super-effective hits (you have a choice of 3 types). Due to the monstrous bulk this thing has, a set like this can be run to simply beat your opponent's whole team once their super-effective STAB mons are gone;
Araquanid @ araquanite
EVs: 248 HP / 152 Def / 108 SpD
Calm Nature
- Infestation
- Toxic
- Recover
- Sticky Web

Here's a set that makes it much less "passive". Infestation gives you 12% per turn and stops the opponent from switching to remove Toxic, while you Recover off damage or click Infestation again to speed the process up. Sticky Web is useful team support if there's a scenario that makes this set less effective, and Liquidation actually deals useful damage. The EVs allow it to come in on Stealth Rocks four times due to it having 339 HP, and gives it almost perfectly equal Defenses at 556/557. Obviously change Calm to Careful if you decide to use Liquidation. Here are some calcs for people who aren't sure:
252 SpA Loudspeaker Swellow-Mega Boomburst vs. 248 HP / 108+ SpD Araquanid-Mega: 93-109 (44.1 - 52.2%) (Not Hurricane as damage increase really isn't worth the accuracy, and only makes a difference if the Araquanid has 196+ Sp.Def in which case it can 2hko where Boomburst cannot)
252 Atk Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 152 Def Bubble Guard Araquanid-Mega: 138-164 (40.7 - 48.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (wut)
252+ SpA Zapdos-Mega Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 196+ SpD Araquanid-Mega: 158-188 (46.6 - 55.4%) -- 68% chance to 2HKO (fun rolls time)
252+ SpA Raikou-Mega Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 196+ SpD Araquanid-Mega: 144-170 (42.4 - 50.1%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO

Things that can beat Mega Araq (There's probably more but aint no time for that):
  • Mega Vikavolt: 252+ SpA Sheer Force Vikavolt-Mega Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 108+ SpD Araquanid-Mega: 204-240 (60.1 - 70.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (Max Sp.Def won't avoid 2hko either, but that's Mega Vikavolt)
  • Mega Xurkitree: 252+ SpA Xurkitree-Mega Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 108+ SpD Araquanid-Mega: 186-222 (54.8 - 65.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (Same applies here)
  • Tapu Koko: 252 SpA Magnet Tapu Koko Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 196+ SpD Araquanid in Electric Terrain: 176-210 (51.9 - 61.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • Z-Landorus: 252+ Atk Landorus-Therian Supersonic Skystrike (175 BP) vs. 248 HP / 152 Def Bubble Guard Araquanid-Mega: 288-342 (84.9 - 100.8%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO (SD ensures, and you'll be able to get one up quite easily versus this set)
  • Calm Mind Magearna: +2 252+ SpA Magearna Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 196+ SpD Araquanid-Mega: 176-208 (51.9 - 61.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO, +2 252+ SpA Magearna Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 248 HP / 196+ SpD Araquanid-Mega: 340-402 (100.2 - 118.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  • Mega Fearow (Traps Araquanid making it a reliable counter): +4 252+ Atk Fearow-Mega Drill Peck vs. 248 HP / 152 Def Bubble Guard Araquanid-Mega: 366-432 (107.9 - 127.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  • Most Choiced attackers with super-effective STAB
  • Steel types that can heal themselves
  • Toxic stalling
  • Most bulky setup sweepers

As the above list shows, there are in fact many ways to beat a Mega Araquanid. However, it is still comfortably the bulkiest Pokémon to have ever existed, and comes paired with Sticky Webs and Recover to set it apart from other Pokémon in its league. Unlike many other Pokémon, if you don't have one of its basic checks, it is practically impossible to beat by other means except luck (especially with good team support). It is, in terms of stats, a Chansey with physical defense. I personally think a rework is in order, preferably one that doesn't buff its Defense to such extremes and therefore stays in theme with the defensive spread of the original.

I've been a big proponent of the "fuck mega araquanid" movement on the discord server. Whilst I understand that it can be beaten, I have several ideas for change that i would like to bring up, if we decide to amend. Otherwise, throww that stall monster in ubers where it belongs.

For Mega Araquanid, its ability definitely needs to go. With ungodly special bulk, a nice defensive typing, Recover and Sticky Web, along with not-terrible physical bulk, it should be able to function well enough without Bubble Guard. I would propose switching it out with either Liquid Ooze, Gooey, or Hydration. All 3 fit thematically, and each have slight niches that it can make use of. (Liquid Ooze punishes Leech Seed, Gooey allows for speed reductions when Sticky Web isn't enough or won't work, Hydration allows for curing status.) None of these abilities are particularly useful (maybe Hydration), but Mega-Araquanid doesn't need a great ability to function.

Last edited:

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Vaporeon: Exploudit, Sereg, Macemaster
Jolteon: Macemaster, Koplemon, Exploudit
Flareon: Pika Xreme, Ezaphs
Sylveon: Reviloja753, Ludicrousity, Ezaphs

Also, yeah. Mega Araquanid needs to change... It's absolute hell. Think of it as Shuckle on Steroids, as it has reliable recovery, and a better typing...

Mega Torterra would be fine with me, if it were not immune to Ice Shard. If it needs a nerf, Evergreen should go, aswell as a small Defence and speed nerf.
252+ Atk Technician Mega-Weavile Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega-Torterra: 448-532 (135.3 - 160.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Last edited:

Nalei

strong, wild garbage

Nalei

strong, wild garbage

Mega Celesteela
Ability:
Onion Gas (This pokemons attacks have a 30% chance to make the opponent flinch [based on Stench])
Typing: Steel/Flying
HP: 97 (+0)
Attack: 113 (+12)
Defense: 131 (+28)
Special Attack: 131 (+24)
Special Defense: 127 (+26)
Speed: 71 (+10)
New Move: Growth
Description: It gets lots of grass moves and has layers. Tell me it's not a magical space onion... Pair Onion Gas with Air Slash or Iron Head, and your opponent isn't going to have a good time with a 51% chance to flinch. Ubers or OU.

Mega Kartana
Ability:
Paper Cut (Boosts the power of cut, slash and sword based moves by 35% [Leaf Blade, Air Slash, Night Slash, Psycho Cut, Cut, Slash, Sacred Sword, Secret Sword, Fury Cutter, Air Cutter, Aerial Ace])
Typing: Grass/Steel
HP: 59 (+0)
Attack: 241 (+60)
Defense: 149 (+18)
Special Attack: 67 (+8)
Special Defense: 41 (+10)
Speed: 113 (+4)
New Move: Autotomize
Description: The highest attack in the game, paired with a 121.5 reliable STAB move. Something tells me Skarmory is gonna see a spike in ubers usage. Ubers.

Mega Pheromosa
Ability:
Disarming Pheromones (Dazzling clone)
Typing: Bug/Fighting
HP: 71 (+0)
Attack: 157 (+20)
Defense: 53 (+16)
Special Attack: 157 (+20)
Special Defense: 53 (+16)
Speed: 179 (+28)
New Move: Pursuit
Description: Pheromosa is now immune to priority and outspeeds everything but very fast scarfers/speed boosters and Deoxys-S, making it near impossible to land a hit on it before it lands one on you. Ubers.

Mega Buzzwole
Ability:
Energy Absorb (Triage clone)
HP: 107 (+0)
Attack: 149 (+12)
Defense: 191 (+52)
Special Attack: 67 (+14)
Special Defense: 67 (+14)
Speed: 87 (+8)
New Move: Drain Punch
Description: Buzzwole becomes an extraordinary revenge killer thanks it its dual STAB +3 75/80 BP priority. Its physical bulk is rivaled only by Zygarde-C. Ubers.

Last edited:

MEGA BUZZWOLE
Type:
Bug/Fighting
Stats: 107/163/163/79/79/79 (±0/+24/+24/+26/+26/±0) [BST: 670] [HEIGHT: 2.5m/8'02"] [WEIGHT: 368.9kg/826.7lb]
Ability: Iron Fist
Added Moves: N/A
Description: It's gonna hit harder than fellow BST 670 mon Slaking and has a Defense stat beating out Defense!Deoxys, complemented by its good HP. And isn't it a punch-based mon, now being given Iron Fist? Something scares me about this... Probably OU.
I continued having its physical stats equal, and the same going for its special stats. I don't see Buzzwole's speed stat changing when mega evolving, so I kept it as is. Its stats remained prime numbers.
Example Moveset:
Buzzwole @ Buzzwolite
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Power-Up Punch
- Leech Life / Fell Stinger
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
STABs and Ice Punch, with Earthquake as coverage. Power-Up Punch WILL build up its Attack Stat a lot, and that's cruical especially since it loses Beast Boost. Fell Stinger can raise it even further if it lands a KO...

MEGA PHEROMOSA
Type:
Bug/Fighting
Stats: 71/167/37/167/37/191 (±0/+30/±0/+30/±0/+40) [BST: 670] [HEIGHT: 1.8m/5'11"] [WEIGHT: 25.0kg/55.1lb]
Ability: Overcoat
Description: That's an absurd Speed stat... Yikes. Doesn't help that it's resisant to sand and hail, and that it hits almost as hard as either fused Kyurem. (In fact, its Special Attack is just 6 shy of Base!Xurkitree's!) This one DEFINITELY is going to Ubers.

Pheromosa's stats remained prime, and I continued with an emphasis on its attacking stats and especially Speed, while also making sure it neither aligns Physical nor Special as far as its stats go.
Example Moveset:
Pheromosa @ Pheromosite
EVs: 128 Atk / 128 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-Turn
- Bug Buzz
- Ice Beam
MixedMosa, anyone? Its main source of firepower is High Jump Kick, with U-Turn to get it out in times of desperation. It can also use Bug Buzz and Ice Beam to dish out the HURT.

MEGA CELESTEELA
Type:
Steel/Flying
Stats: 97/131/137/137/131/37 (±0/+30/+34/+30/+30/-24) [BST: 670] [HEIGHT: 11.3m/37'1"] [WEIGHT: 999.9kg/2204.4lb] (Though you'll see why the weight didn't change... >:) )
Ability: Heavy Metal
Description: All of its stats are excellent. Well, its Speed certainly isn't, but 97/137/131 bulk is fantastic, beating out the likes of Umbreon. Oh yeah, it can either use its Special Attack stat, now on par with Lunala, or its Attack stat, which is on par with Base!Garchomp's. Oh yeah, did I forget to mention that with Heavy Metal, it weighs in at 1999.8kg? In other words, any mon that's under 400kg is going to get nailed by a 120BP Heavy Slam. OU probably.

Celesteela's stats save Speed were all decent, and in fact, there's only ten points between its second-worst and highest stat! Said second-worst stat is HP, though. Its Attack and Special Attack were 6 apart, Attack tying with Special Defense for being its third-lowest stat. Defense was second-highest, so I decided to buff it up too. The Speed stat was originally static, but I decided to go with flavor and further cut it in favor of its other stats.
Example Moveset:
Celesteela @ Celesteelite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Flamethrower
A Trick Room sweeper. It's dangerous, I know. There's MANY sets you can run with this, preserving the base form's versatility. It's got its STAB Heavy Slam, which it will HURT with, EdgeQuake, and Flamethrower as Special coverage and also to nail physical walls.

MEGA KARTANA
Type:
Grass/Steel
Stats: 59/211/149/67/53/131 (±0/+30/+18/+8/+22/+22) [BST: 670] [HEIGHT: 0.5m/1'08"] [WEIGHT: 0.2kg/0.4lb]
Ability: Defiant
Added Moves: Metal Claw (just as flavor)
Description: That Attack stat is in the 200s... Unprecented for a mon. Just HOW-Oh wait. It's Kartana. Anyways, Defiant will make Intimidates backfire while also making itself benefit from stat drops that aren't aimed for its Speed. However, though its Defense stat is now roughly on par with Registeel's, that still won't save it from any Fire-type or Special-based attacks. Even with those limitations, it's going to Ubers, though a Suspect Test might be necessary first.

Naturally decided to accentuate its stats. I originally went for something like Mega Aerodactyl/Pinsir but the +10 went to Special Defense instead of Special Attack. However, I decided on making them roughly equal instead. THEN, I decided on a middle ground between the two. Which IS kinda like Aerodactyl and Pinsir. Oh yeah, and this thing's around the size of an Oshawott.
Example Moveset:
Kartana @ Kartanite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword
Swords Dance to start it up, Leaf Blade and Smart Strike as STABs, Sacred Sword for coverage.

Last edited:
Mega Celesteela

Ability:
Rocket Boost (Motor Drive clone for Fire moves)

Typing: Steel/Flying

HP: 97 (+0)

Attack: 113 (+12)

Defense: 149 (+20)

Special Attack: 127 (+20)

Special Defense: 113 (+12)

Speed: 97 (+36)

New Move: Moonblast

Description:
Celesteela can now use the fire from others to help fuel her rockets, so switching in on a fire move will grant you a decent speed tier. She has amoured up some more to get even better defences while turning a weakness into an immunity. Her offensive stats prevent her from being too passive as well.

Mega Kartana

Ability:
Folding (Weak Armor clone. Whenever this pokemon takes damage, increase their defense and attack by one stage each

Typing: Grass/Steel

HP: 59 (+0)

Attack: 223 (+42)

Defense: 139 (+8)

Special Attack: 29 (-30)

Special Defense: 83 (+52)

Speed: 137 (+28)

New Move: Slash

Description: Technically, I wanted to do something similar to MaceMaster, so I decided to go in a different direction. Kartana thickens its paper to get actual defences and take advantage of its ability to fold into ever more dangerous forms as it gets damaged. It’s attack stat is now ridiculous and its got a great speed tier as well.

Mega Pheromosa

Ability:
Enchanting (Absolute Zero clone. Infatuates the opponent upon switch in, regardless of gender)

Typing: Bug/Fairy

HP: 71 (+0)

Attack: 149 (+12)

Defense: 29 (-8)

Special Attack: 151 (+14)

Special Defense: 31 (-6)

Speed: 239 (+88)

New Moves: Draining Kiss, Dazzling Gleam, Play Rough, Hydro Pump, Baby-Doll Eyes

Description: Pheromosa becomes even daintier, becoming a fairy. As long as you protect her pathetic defences, her ridiculous speed and amazing, mixed offensive stats will really help you clean up. Her aility to know infatuate everyone as the dex claims just makes that even easier.

Mega Buzzwole

Ability:
Musclesquito (Defiant + Iron Fist clone that boosts draining moves)

HP: 107 (+0)

Attack: 197 (+58)

Defense: 163 (+24)

Special Attack: 23 (-30)

Special Defense: 83 (+30)

Speed: 97 (+18)

New Moves: Drain Punch, Draining Kiss, Absorb, Mega Drain, Giga Drain, Peck, Drill Peck

Description:
Buzzlwole just flexes to get stronger should anyone attempt to lower its stats and its even more prominent proboscis means it will do even more damage when draining With an enormous attack, great defense and better special defense and speed, it really only has to fear fast special attackers and it can heal a lot of damage with Draining Kiss, Leech Life and Drain Punch.

Mega Buzzwole

Ability -
Beast Boost
Flex - Boosts Buzzwole's Attack whenever it gets hit by any Move (Stamina variant)
HP - 107
Atk - 139
167 (+28)
Def - 139
167 (+28)
SpA - 53
67 (+14)
SpD - 53
73 (+20)
Spe - 79
89 (+10)
BST - 570
670 (+100)

Mega Stone
Buzzwolite
Movepool Additions
Drain Punch, Close Combat
Competitive Analysis
Ubers. A nasty wallbreaker that gains an Attack boost every single turn! It also has tremendous 107/167 physical bulk and great coverage on its STABs + Ice Punch and Rock Slide for Ho-Oh. On the negative side, its Speed did see a slight improvement, but it just a point lower than the crowded base 90 Speed Tier of Ubers, getting barely outspeed by Primal Groundon, Primal Kyogre, Ho-Oh and many others. Its Special bulk also saw an improvement, but 107/73 still doesn't make the cut, specially in Ubers, meaning most Special Attackers in the tier can easily revenge kill it. Also it is straight up Marshadow fodder, Marshadow outspeeds and steals all of Buzzwole's boosts to itself, so Mega Buzzwole kind of almost mandates Arceus-Fairy as a teammate. It is still a niche Wallbreaker that can fits decently well on teams that have solid awnsers to Marshadow already.
Rationale
Gotta keep the Prime numbers pattern, as it is a key aspect of the UBs. Flex fits amazingly because of how Buzzwole is known to like show off and what not, specially with those muscles!

Mega Pheromosa

Ability -
Beast Boost
Seducting Pheromones - The opponent cannot run nor switch while this Pokémon is in play. The opponent may still switch by using Baton Pass, U-turn or Volt Switch, if it is holding a Shed Shell or is a Ghost-type. (Renamed Shadow Tag)
HP - 71
Atk - 137
151 (+14)
Def - 37
43 (+6)
SpA - 137
151 (+14)
SpD - 37
73 (+36)
Spe - 151
181 (+30)
BST - 570
670 (+100)

Mega Stone
Pheromosite
Movepool Additions
Swords Dance, Knock Off, Dazzling Gleam, Rock Slide
Competitive Analysis
Ubers. Mega Pheromosa acts mostly like an Ubers version of Dugtrio, an ability that prevents anything from switching out backep up by great Speed but decent offensive stats for Ubers standards. Mega Pheromosa also finds room to set up with its ability trapping passive Pokémon. Quiver Dance is probably its best set, but Swords Dance can work too. Let's talk about Speed though:

Neutral Nature: enough Speed to outrun base 90 Scarfers such as Kyogre and Zekrom.
Speed increasing Nature: outruns anything up to +1 Mega Blaziken, including common Scarfers such as Xerneas, Yveltal and Lunala.
At +1 Speed: outspeeds literally every relevant Pokémon in the Ubers tiers except for +3 Mega Blaziken, allowing it to even run some HP for easing set up (104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe is the ideal spread to outspeed the extremely rare +2 Timid Xerneas.)

Now let's go over its cons. Even with the small buff it got its bulk is still abysmall, and most passive 'mons it would set up have either Toxic (Lugia) or a Phasing Move (Zygarde-100%, Giratina). Also even though it is pretty strong, Fairy-types such as Arceus Fairy and Xerneas still wall it most of the time, as well as Lugia, Giratina, Ho-Oh and Groudon. Ice Beam or SD + Knock Off can be used for Giratina and SD + Rock Slide for Ho-Oh, though. But still, many Ubers staple can still reliably deal with it.

Rationale
Gotta keep the Prime numbers pattern, as it is a key aspect of the UBs. Seductive Pheromones fits with its concept as well as with its design for obvious reasons.

Mega Celesteela

Ability -
Beast Boost
Lightning Rod
HP - 97
Atk - 101
103 (+2)
Def - 103
113 (+10)
SpA - 107
139 (+32)
SpD - 101
109 (+8)
Spe - 61
109 (+48)
BST - 570
670 (+100)

Mega Stone
Celesteelite
Movepool Additions
Growth, Synthesis, Overheat
Competitive Analysis
OU. Have you ever heard of the CelePex core? If you have ever played OU in the last couple of months you should have. Toxapex and Celesteela are an amazing Defensive core on its own, Celesteela takes on the Ground- and Psyhic-types, while Toxapex takes on the Fire-types, simple right? But this core has one major weakness, can you guess it? Yeah, Electric-types. Well, not anymore, Celesteela gets an Electric-type immunity as well as reliable recovery in Synthesis, making it when coupled with Toxapex arguably the best defensive core of the tier. For the flaws, no Leftovers is bad, but it isn't that much of an issue with the added bulk and immunity. Fire-types can be a pain specially those that can break Pex, such as Mega-Camerupt, Z-Celebrate Victini, Earth Power Volcanion and Choice Specs Chandelure, unfortunately, only Chandelure escapes Dugtrio, a common teammate to CelePex.
Rationale
Gotta keep the Prime numbers pattern, as it is a key aspect of the UBs. Lightning Rod fits designwise, as Celesteela really looks like one.

Mega Kartana

Ability -
Beast Boost
Paper Cut - Boosts contact moves by 4/3x (renamed Tough Claws)
HP - 59
Atk - 181
211 (+30)
Def - 131
181 (+50)
SpA - 59
47 (-12)
SpD - 31
71 (+40)
Spe - 109
101 (-8)
BST - 570
670 (+100)

Mega Stone
Kartanite
Movepool Additions
Slash
Competitive Analysis
OU. I know what you're thinking... "OU?" Yeah! Hear me out. All it gains from Mega evoling is pretty much a Choice Band boost, while it sounds broken, its important to note that it looses two of its most broken aspects, in All Out Pumelling and Beast Boost, and even losing some Speed as a bonus, making it unable to break through Skarmory and Celesteela like the Fightium Z set was:

252 Atk Paper Cut Mega Kartana Sacred Sword vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 106-125 (31.8 - 37.5%) -- 90.2% chance to 3HKO
252 Atk Paper Cut Mega Kartana Sacred Sword vs. 252 HP / 132+ Def Celesteela: 145-171 (36.4 - 42.9%) -- 98% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Also, many viable Pokémon can check it still:

252 Atk Paper Cut Mega Kartana Sacred Sword vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Volcarona: 131-155 (42.1 - 49.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Paper Cut Mega Kartana Leaf Blade vs. 248 HP / 240+ Def Zapdos: 112-132 (29.2 - 34.4%) -- 100% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

So tl;dr, it still has the same checks as before, so not really broken.

Rationale
Gotta keep the Prime numbers pattern, as it is a key aspect of the UBs. Paper Cut fits because we all know how bad a Paper Cut hurts, so making contact moves do more damage is completely logical

Bulky Attacker
Buzzwole @ Buzzwolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Roost
- Rock Slide
- Leech Life / Ice Punch
Revenge Killer
Pheromosa @ Buzzwolite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide
Quiver Dance
Pheromosa @ Pheromosite
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Modest Nature
- Focus Blast / Aura Sphere
- Bug Buzz
- Ice Beam
- Quiver Dance
Defensive
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpDef (note that this spread may be subjective to changes depending on relevant calc for Megas for All)
Relaxed Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower
- Synthesis
- Leech Seed / Earthquake

Autotomize
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest / Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Fire Blast
- Growth / Giga Drain
- Autotomize
Swords Dance
Kartana @ Kartanite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword
- Swords Dance

Last edited:
Flex was actually one of the things I was considering calling a Buzzwole ability, so props for that. I must admit keeping prime numbers was difficult, but I did so as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)