Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
upload_2017-8-13_22-32-14.png
Ok, i can't login on Showdown, this button "loading", it never ends loading, and i'm logged as guest and when i try to put my username to login, it doesn't work, i try to put any name (like "bbbbbb") to login, and it doesn't work, just now i've tried to login using Internet Explorer and actually worked, but on Google Chrome it doesn't work (sorry for my english btw)
uptade, i've losted my teams

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
View attachment 86717Ok, i can't login on Showdown, this button "loading", it never ends loading, and i'm logged as guest and when i try to put my username to login, it doesn't work, i try to put any name (like "bbbbbb") to login, and it doesn't work, just now i've tried to login using Internet Explorer and actually worked, but on Google Chrome it doesn't work (sorry for my english btw)
uptade, i've losted my teams
An issue with Adblock is causing PS to not load, try disabling your adblock and then logging in.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7randombattle-617249025
Turn 4, a Zoroark disguised as a Golem is KOed in one hit, and the sidebar mistakenly displays the Golem as having also fainted. I've seen this once before in very similar circumstances, so I believe this happens when a disguised Pokémon is knocked out by a direct attack.
What happens here is that when any Pokémon is reduced to 0HP the server then says to the client "it took damage and its condition is now 0 (fainted)"... although in the case of Zoroark the illusion then breaks before the sprite faints. As I don't know why it was done this way I'm not sure whether the server should only send the condition after it's told the sprite to faint or whether the client should ignore the condition and wait for the sprite faint request. Or both...

Of course this won't help in the case of Zoroark fainting from indirect damage.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-617715254

I'm pretty sure the tiebreaking mechanic is 'player whose pokemon faints first loses'. I couldn't find any sources that say this is an actual mechanic though, so correct me if I'm wrong, but it is how ties are broken in VGC (see 3.4. Match Resolution). In the case of rough skin and iron barbs, if it causes a double KO, I believe the attacking pokemon faints first. I haven't tested this out on wifi myself but it is mentioned on bulbapedia I suppose (here and here). This isn't the case for rocky helmet though, when SM was first released the player with the rocky helmet mon would get the win in this scenario, but that was a bug and was since fixed.

In any case, my point is that the player with the rough skin/iron barbs mon should get the win in these scenarios. If someone has tested this in-game and that's not actually the case though, then my bad.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-617715254

I'm pretty sure the tiebreaking mechanic is 'player whose pokemon faints first loses'. I couldn't find any sources that say this is an actual mechanic though, so correct me if I'm wrong, but it is how ties are broken in VGC (see 3.4. Match Resolution). In the case of rough skin and iron barbs, if it causes a double KO, I believe the attacking pokemon faints first. I haven't tested this out on wifi myself but it is mentioned on bulbapedia I suppose (here and here). This isn't the case for rocky helmet though, when SM was first released the player with the rocky helmet mon would get the win in this scenario, but that was a bug and was since fixed.

In any case, my point is that the player with the rough skin/iron barbs mon should get the win in these scenarios. If someone has tested this in-game and that's not actually the case though, then my bad.
It actually changed in Gen 7, so now the Rough Skin/Iron Barbs mon loses and the attacker wins.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...chanics-research.3586701/page-51#post-7112184

Not sure if this is a bug or the way the new mechanic worked out, but I'm having a lot of problems with the new VGC timer system. The new system will Auto-select pokemon/moves for you if you time out so you don't get DQ'ed for thinking too long (Thats the way it works in game). However, I've had several games now where my opponent will leave, so I'm stuck waiting until time every turn and fighting their 'mons even though they aren't there. I feel like loss on inactivity needs to come back, considering the nature of showdown and its players. At the very least, going to time on team select should be a DQ, because that would be the best indicator that they are not actually there.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
It worked, but all my teams are gone, this happened before and they come back but still, this is frequent actually
Not a bug, because we cant really do anything about the cause of it.

Teams are stored via cookies, and can be lost when you clear history / cache / cookies. Its always wise to backup your teams to a text document.

PS team verification bug: gen 1 VC transfer pokemon CAN be shiny if they can be obtained by fishing, recieved as an NPC gift/trade (starters, Lapras), or if they are a standing legend (like Mewtwo and Moltres). if it can only be obtained in grass, surfing, or in caves, PS correcly identifies the shiny as illegal, but it doesn't allow the exceptions. ie: PS identifies shiny bide articuno as illegal despite it being possible. shiny mew from gen 1 is always illegal.

Lionyx

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin

no big deal but the timer notification when the opponent leaves said I reconnected instead of saying the opp disconnected (while I never left the game and that is usually where "[user] disconnected and only has [xx] seconds to reconnect!" message appears). maybe is this due to the fact that i had not picked a pokémon yet but that's still wrong since I technically haven't reconnected (replay)

Okay... I Found A Bug Here. It Says My Last Pokemon (Aggron) Is Dead, As His Silhouette Is Greyed Out, But Down At The Bottom Rather Than Saying I Lost, It Allows Me To Choose Aggron, Who's Half Dead And Not Greyed Out, So That's The Glitch. I Think It's Caused By Zoroark's Ability "illusion", And Earlier I Sent Out Zoroark And His Illusion Ability Copied Aggron, Zoroark Got 1-Shot, But The Thing Is I Didn't Use Aggron For The Rest Of The Battle After That. I Believe Those Two Pieces Of Info May Come In Handy When Trying To Find OUt The Glitch.

P.S. I Wasn't Able To Get A Replay Of This Match, And I Checked My Profile And The Only Replays Are From 3 Months Ago, So...

Attachments

Okay... I Found A Bug Here. It Says My Last Pokemon (Aggron) Is Dead, As His Silhouette Is Greyed Out, But Down At The Bottom Rather Than Saying I Lost, It Allows Me To Choose Aggron, Who's Half Dead And Not Greyed Out, So That's The Glitch. I Think It's Caused By Zoroark's Ability "illusion", And Earlier I Sent Out Zoroark And His Illusion Ability Copied Aggron, Zoroark Got 1-Shot, But The Thing Is I Didn't Use Aggron For The Rest Of The Battle After That. I Believe Those Two Pieces Of Info May Come In Handy When Trying To Find OUt The Glitch.
Actually I already know the area of the problem, since somebody reported it only a few posts ago. As you mention, it only happens if Zoroark dies while under his illusion.

IDK if this has been reported already, but today a user got a lv77 Minun in randbat gen 7, since Minun is PU it should be 83. Proof here: https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-gen7randombattle-619202499
The replay for this battle is here: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7randombattle-619202499

This also happened to me a couple days ago, as I had a level 77 Floatzel on my team. Replay here: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7randombattle-617606039

We have some precocious PU Mons on our hands

Afaik the level isn't decided by the mon's tier, it is decided by its stats and bulk.
You are not correct. Ubers are 73, OU 75, BL 76, UU 77, BL2 78, NU 79, BL3 80, RU 81, BL4 82, PU 83.

The only way these levels would have previously changed (for example, Gothitelle or Wobbuffet as lvl 73) would be if they had a banned ability for their tier (Shadow tag is not allowed in PU).

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
PS Admin
The replay for this battle is here: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7randombattle-619202499

This also happened to me a couple days ago, as I had a level 77 Floatzel on my team. Replay here: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7randombattle-617606039

We have some precocious PU Mons on our hands
Yes, levels in randbats are determined by tier.
PS has not been updated yet to reflect those pokemon as PU. I dont think that will happen till PU leaves beta. I could be wrong though. Either way its not an issue with the set generator (or anything atm).

Alpha

Banned deucer.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2017-619220877
I'm posting this replay for the user reasontolivememes, who reported this bug: in the last turn of the battle, Xurkitree was able to outspeed in Trick Room both Guzzlord and Hariyama with Dazzling Gleam, ending the match.
The user told me he didn't have any negative priority moves on his Pokémon (eg. Dragon Tail on Guzzlord); Me, Lionyx and Ambii thought about an Iron Ball as item for Xurkitree, but we think it's really unlikely.

Are we missing something?
Thanks for your time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)