The World Cup of Pokémon 2017 - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
Since a few people asked me about my Kyurem set. Here it is. Now go troll your opponents and make 'em rage quit.

Kyurem @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
56 HP / 200 Sp.Def / 252 Spe
---
Ice Beam
Substitute
Protect
Roost

Go Asia! We caaaaaaan this!

I'd just like to point out that when people say stall is 192301239 and 4 or w/e, we aren't saying it's an argument for why stall is broken. Instead, it really does look like stall is overcentralizing. I dare say the majority of games in the last 4 days have included one player using stall (feel free to correct me). It's really hard to prep for it and very low risk to use (that's where the win rate comes into account).

The argument that people aren't prepping for stall cuz ICT (and by extension supposedly others) didn't expect to play it is BS. Just to dissect that one example: he may not have expected to play it but he still packed Mawile, Zygarde and Greninja which are all mons that put a ton of pressure on stall and even with Rozes' misplays and his own luck he was still at a big disadvantage. I'm not gonna pretend that's the case for all stall vs other playstyle games and I hope the conversation doesn't keep coming back to this game.

Prepping for offense and stall is real hard right now (mostly on the stall end of things)

I don't have PR privilege so I figured here would be a fine place to post.

OK I LOST TO STALL I KNOW THT

stop using me as the prime example now u only rub even more salt in my wounds.. i took a risk of someone not havin to rely on busted techniques to beat me as they know they cannot outskill me on a neutral matchup basis.
i do not think stall is broken at all i just made little to no effort to actually prepare for it and thus got punished bc i thought i was actually well equipped vs it. wrong was I.
if u cannot break thru stall or adapt ur team to beat it, its ur fault.
however dugtrio is busted as heck. banish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)