Programming Pokémon Showdown Damage Calculator

Austin

Schismatic
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Use this thread for feature requests and bug reports
FAQ:
Where do I go if I want to contribute? Damage Calculator Open Source
What if I don't see new features? Try clearing your cache. It usually takes a bit for Zarel to sync the github version with the live version please wait a few days before clearing your cache.
What's new? Changelog
IF YOUR POST WAS DELETED IT WAS DEALT WITH

Last edited:

Austin

Schismatic
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Not my call to make, but I'd suggest you make a thread (asking to do so I think?) in IS where visibility will be much more. Doubtful that so many people have TM on watch, but people often bug report there.

Anyways awesome work, I know you've been handling the calc for a while now thanks!
good idea

Copy/paste from my other thread:

I think the calculator sorely needs a tab to show whether or not the Pokemon listed can outspeed the one whose data you've plugged in. Going off this, there should also be a filter to hide entries for a Pokemon that can outspeed AND OHKO the Pokemon you've plugged in (because why prepare for a Mon that will just outspeed and 1HKO you?)

I also think there should be a way to hide builds of Pokemon from the results, i.e. because 6 different builds of Exadrill showing up in the results is a little much.

Finally - and I'm not sure how this would be done - but I think there should be a part of the calculator that lets you directly calculate which of a Pokemon's selected movesets will net the most OHKOs.

EDIT: Oh another thing, it'd be very helpful to be able to sort two categories at once, i.e. sort by "best move" and then further sort it by "KO chance". And also a way to switch between "One vs All" and "All vs One" without having to retype the info all over again.

Last edited:
Noticed that Aerilate doesn't seem to be calculating correctly on "All vs One". Mega Blaziken getting hit with Mega Salamence's Double-Edge only does 73% damage apparently...

Austin

Schismatic
Would it be possible to have Random Battle sets in here, or otherwise make it easy to calc things that have 84/84/84/84/84/84 investment with a neutral nature? It gets a bit tedious to have to redo that every time I want to make a calc in randbats.
I've had to redo this 2 times already because I lost my work :/ but it's still on my to-do

Austin

Schismatic
fell stinger is missing in the calc is that a miss?
edit: summoned Austin
Yeah did
There's an issue I've been having for one or maybe two months and I used to think it was just me but I was watching a vid from Zamrock and he mentioned having the same issue so I guess it's not just me. The thing is, whenever I calc something under Rain and then set it back to no weather, it will go back to rain everytime I switch mons and I usually have to close the calc and reopen it, it won't go even if I refresh the page
can someone show me a gif/video of this happening?

Honko

he of many honks
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hey Honko this was a feature added by you, was this intentional for anything?
iirc my intention was for selecting a Pokemon with a weather-summoning ability to only temporarily change the weather. For example, if I'm looking at calcs with rain, and I change one of the Pokemon to Abomasnow, the weather should automatically change to hail, but when I change Abomasnow back to any other Pokemon the weather should automatically switch back to rain. What's happening in that gif was definitely not intentional. I guess that feature's broken. Feel free to fix/change as necessary. I would recommend not removing the feature entirely though, otherwise you have to manually unset the weather anytime you switch from a weather summoner to a different Pokemon (which would be extremely annoying so long as Abomasnow is the default selection, but still pretty annoying even if it wasn't).

It would be too far-fetched to ask for an option to add the effects of Forest's Curse and Halloween on the enemy pokemon? I know they are situational, but, especially for Halloween that can be used as a Z-move, they might be important.

Austin

Schismatic
This is a pretty minor thing but the damagecalc defaults Z-Moves to physical even though it corrects them to special later if it's specially based.

This gives an incorrect calc in the situation in which you're basing a Z-Move off a special move and are trying to boost it with a Choice Specs item for whatever reason.

This is technically unimportant but cleaning up code like this might help solve problems in the future.

Sorry for nitpicking
I'll do this when necessary, considering you can't use a Z-move with a boosting item I don't see how this is useful atm and iirc there was a request to negate held item boosts like life orb which makes me very resentful in changing it.
E: I was correct, https://github.com/Zarel/honko-damagecalc/commit/3cdb78644fbafb005ca2472f93d93bac67af8e04

Austin

Schismatic
252 Atk Darmanitan Spirit Shackle vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Kartana: 73-87 (28.1 - 33.5%) -- 0.2% chance to 3HKO
252 Atk Darmanitan Anchor Shot vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Kartana: 36-43 (13.8 - 16.6%) -- possible 7HKO

Sheer Force doesn't boost these moves
Doesn’t and is boosting or doesn’t and should be boosting?

Austin

Schismatic
For some reason Specs Ash Greninja before it gets the Ash Form is not listed in the damagecalc (Regular Greninja with Battle Bond and Choice Specs, probably should be included with water shuriken hydro dark pulse and ice beam since no reason to calc spikes)

This sets incredibly common in OU and one of the top 5 best sets in the tier, so its a real issue whenever someone needs to calc they need to manually enter the set

hopefully this can get added

Also Protean Greninja's sets have the ability set to other by default instead of Protean (Such as Choice Scarf Greninja, which exclusive runs Protean)

This messes up several calcs as if the user forgets to input protean manually the calc is wrong
Honko has a script to take the sets from smogon, we don’t add specific sets as it’d mess with the script

Austin

Schismatic
Status moves should not be in the calculator because they are useless in this case.
They could be switched for moves in the other options (for example Heatran can use hp ice or stone edge)
There was a change to add status moves and I don’t think I’m going to revert it, I think seeing common sets is useful. Basically if you want something not standard you have to manually do it.

Austin

Schismatic
Are slashed moves like Earthquake or Close Combat on mega pinsir considered standard moves?
Considering the sets are directly ripped from smogon, I’d hope so
E: oh unless you mean they’re missing in which case, no they aren’t standard atm if they aren’t listed on any of the suggested sets on smogon

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)